PDA

View Full Version : New adds on poster check it out.

HongKongDon
03-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I think sat has some new adds...anyone know anything about these adds? Good or bad???

matsuolost
03-16-2007, 11:11 AM
chuck dukowski huh?

HongKongDon
03-16-2007, 11:12 AM
no clue what thats about

matsuolost
03-16-2007, 11:13 AM
neither does wikipedia

but they do have a myspace
myspace.com/thechuckdukowskisextet

aaand they suck

suprefan
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
yeah chuck dukowski... OK 1 add..... FRIDAY ADDS WHERE ARE YOU?

HongKongDon
03-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Friday got another add but not on poster yet. Many more to come...each day costs the same....so each day number of bands should be the same. so probably four/five more for friday and one more for sat

RATMan
03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Excellent add, nice to get more rock music on the bill.

Good to see Chuck still out there performing.

Black Flag, May 1983 - Ginn, Dukowski, Rollins

http://www.shavedneck.com/edarnaudphotography/Black%20Flag/images/BFLAG01.jpg

Ardentbiscuit
03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't recall seeing Anthallo on the poster. I have no idea what or who it could be...

HongKongDon
03-16-2007, 11:26 AM
anthallo always been on

motopat651
03-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Excellent add, nice to get more rock music on the bill.

Good to see Chuck still out there performing.

http://www.shavedneck.com/edarnaudphotography/Black%20Flag/images/BFLAG01.jpg

I'll second that!

Ardentbiscuit
03-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Opps my mistake! Sorry, it's hard to keep track of that poster...

suprefan
03-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Friday got another add but not on poster yet. Many more to come...each day costs the same....so each day number of bands should be the same. so probably four/five more for friday and one more for sat

And who is it if you seem to know? Yeah we know they all cost the same, you dont think we know the logic in this? Each day will not have the same amount of bands ya know, if Sunday has 2 more than Saturday, does that mean Saturday should be cheaper? So yeah WHO IS YOUR SUPPOSED FRIDAY ADD..

matsuolost
03-16-2007, 11:51 AM
yeah tell us! C:

Mr.Nipples
03-16-2007, 12:01 PM
if they do that cover of "my war" i may get kicked out of the venue...

HongKongDon
03-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Flosstradamus and kid sister on friday. I'm not saying that i predict anyone in particular...just saying that I think it looks really uneven with friday compared to both sat and sun.

rage patton
03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Pretty crazy stuff.
Member of Black Flag eh?
I will have to check em out. All thier songs sounds different, I like that.

NeverMyopic
03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
perhaps Friday will start a little later - 2,3,4:00, thus less bands

MadMatt
03-16-2007, 09:18 PM

I hope ... I doubt I will make it by noon and I want to see some of the acts on the bottom line.

matsuolost
03-16-2007, 09:19 PM
it has been stated that friday will start at the same time the other two days will
and your avatar makes me miss AD

Boourns
03-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Why should all the campers be punished with heat stroke and boredom because some people are too lazy to come early? Half the people don't arrive until the late afternoon and evening, anyway. Well, the tickets and site say the gates open the same time every day, so it should not be an issue anyway.

suprefan
03-16-2007, 09:38 PM

No way, theres no logic to that if it says "gates at 11am" for every day. This means bands will not start later on Friday. They are adding and it will work out in the end, or they could give Bjork like 2 and half hours of set time and make us all happy..

innomoodtowebboard
03-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Received tix in mail today. All 3 tickets say 12 p.m.

Boourns
03-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Insane Clown Posse will be playing from 12-5 in all six stages. Yes, there are six stages this year.

oicuhave12
03-16-2007, 10:04 PM
And who is it if you seem to know? Yeah we know they all cost the same, you dont think we know the logic in this? Each day will not have the same amount of bands ya know, if Sunday has 2 more than Saturday, does that mean Saturday should be cheaper? So yeah WHO IS YOUR SUPPOSED FRIDAY ADD..

hahaha, i come here once every other week and the majority of the posts are from you.

do you leave?

eh, dont answer.......

anyways, youre a bit of an asshole.

firesuite
03-16-2007, 11:00 PM
or they could give Bjork like 2 and half hours of set time and make us all happy..

The thought of this just gave me the chills...

She's the only artist I could EASILY watch for that long this year. Screw bathroom breaks- I'd just pee all over my pants. Wouldn't give a shit.

rage patton
03-16-2007, 11:04 PM
The thought of this just gave me the chills...

She's the only artist I could EASILY watch for that long this year. Screw bathroom breaks- I'd just pee all over my pants. Wouldn't give a shit.

Is Bjork really THAT good live? Just curious.
Also, who do people think will be playing at the same time as Bjork? Just curious.

firesuite
03-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Is Bjork really THAT good live?

Never seen her, but I'm obsessed.

As somebody has so eloquently observed about Radiohead fans previously, she could vomit on the microphone and shit all over the stage, and I would think it's genius.

Sometimes, you just feel so in tune with an artist and their material, that their flaws & shortcomings are less apparent- or better yet, enhancements to their work and persona. It's very much like a relationship- you find yourself over time appreciating and even enjoying the quirky, annoying things you instantly disliked at the onset. And once you reach that point, you are just head over heels in love (from an expressionist standpoint). Every little thing makes it better, and there's no turning back.

It's people like me that say things like this that makes artists scared to do what they do... I know...

But I'm a dork like that.

Tylerdurden31
03-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Is Bjork really THAT good live? Just curious.
Also, who do people think will be playing at the same time as Bjork? Just curious.

Speaking as someone who HAS seen bjork before. Yes, she is that good live. After seeing her live, it seems like they do almost no work to her vocals in the studio. She's energetic and very expressive. If matmos is playing with her, then it should be even better. She also had crazy pyro during Pluto. If she plays Pluto...that'll be awesome.

woogie846
03-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Speaking as someone who HAS seen bjork before. Yes, she is that good live. After seeing her live, it seems like they do almost no work to her vocals in the studio. She's energetic and very expressive. If matmos is playing with her, then it should be even better. She also had crazy pyro during Pluto. If she plays Pluto...that'll be awesome.

That's good to hear. I've never seen her live, but a big fan.

sighlent
03-17-2007, 04:26 PM
hahaha, i come here once every other week and the majority of the posts are from you.

do you leave?

eh, dont answer.......

he does leave, to go and feel high and mighty on other music message boards... he is more than a bit. some people don't have anything better to do other than fabricate some virtually based uber ego when they haven't accomplished anything for it to be so large.

suprefan
03-17-2007, 04:35 PM

do you leave?

eh, dont answer.......

There are people who post more than me and you should see my posting patterns.(usually in the afternoon and evening) Do you see me posting on here 24/7 like the moment I wake up to when I sleep? Ummm, no. I HAVE A LIFE so shut it rookie.......

Mo'rage
03-17-2007, 11:32 PM
There are people who post more than me and you should see my posting patterns.(usually in the afternoon and evening) Do you see me posting on here 24/7 like the moment I wake up to when I sleep? Ummm, no. I HAVE A LIFE so shut it rookie.......

If you have a "posting pattern" it's probably too much.. But sorry for questioning you, seasoned veteran.

boarderwoozel3
03-17-2007, 11:39 PM

Dude, calling someone a rookie and telling them to look at the posting patterns of your 1,400+ posts over an internet message board isn't helping your argument.

rage patton
03-17-2007, 11:42 PM
OMG!!!!!
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!
DID THEY TAKE MORRISSEY OFF TEH POSTERS???
I DONT SEE HIM NE WHERE!?!?!

omg wtf bbq
03-18-2007, 07:07 PM
omgwtfbbq

NeverMyopic
03-19-2007, 07:08 PM
No way, theres no logic to that if it says "gates at 11am" for every day. This means bands will not start later on Friday. They are adding and it will work out in the end, or they could give Bjork like 2 and half hours of set time and make us all happy..

I know; the quote was more of a guess as to why there are less bands then the other 2 days. There's a couple bands I want to see at the bottom of the lineup. Although adding more bands would be awesome (Of Montreal was a great add).

I still kind of hope it starts a little later as I don't fly into Palm Springs until 12:30 (then check into hotel and drive to polo grounds). But, I guess that's selfish of me as others would be there waiting and wanting a full day. Oh well, we'll see.