PDA

View Full Version : The 100% Official ROBYN/ROYKSOPP @ The Hollywood Bowl Meetup Extravaganza

sbessiso
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Who's going? What are your seats like? Where are we meeting beforehand? Where are people staying?

I have no tickets yet. Can someone PLEASE help me figure out the seating? I dont need to be ridiculously close but im not traveling all the way from SF to sit in the lawn.

p.s.-bf might potentially come!!!

AwAULhXMr5A

captncrzy
10-14-2011, 07:44 AM
We're in a Terrace box. That's all I really know.

algunz
10-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't remember where our seats are, but I'll let you know when I get home.

So you were able to get the time off?!! :dumbo

emtgreg
10-14-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm in a Terrace box, but those bitches are expensive! The bowl is amazing Sally, don't even trip about the seats :)

faxman75
10-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Salah, Jason aka Sin213 has a face value Garden ticket he's trying to unload. He posted about it in the dirty epic facebook group.

JorgeC
10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
i'm in the pool, but definitely down for some drinking in the walkup area before the show. I think this is a leased event so no picnic basket/byob inside =o(

tmac
10-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Salah, Jason aka Sin213 has a face value Garden ticket he's trying to unload. He posted about it in the dirty epic facebook group.
link? i need a ticket

tyles
10-14-2011, 12:52 PM
This is going to be awesome. I am in section F (not nearly as good as the rail spot we had for her at Coachella, but what is?), but I can't recall where at the moment. I just know it's going to be a hell of a show.

venturas90sgirl
10-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Jason's not going...lame!

Salah and everyone: I have a cheap seat (all I can afford) but I would love to hang with everyone between shows and after possibly.

sbessiso
10-15-2011, 07:31 PM
really thinking about winging it and getting a ticket outside the bowl the night of

emtgreg
10-15-2011, 07:55 PM
stay in touch, we can drink and talk shit beforehand!

Gribbz
10-15-2011, 08:18 PM
I think this is a leased event so no picnic basket/byob inside =o(

It's still extremely easy to get booze inside. That was the case for LCD Soundsystem/Hot Chip anyway.

sbessiso
10-17-2011, 07:35 AM
is there anyone here who was planning on going but doesnt have a ticket yet? I would really like to not have to be solo for this show :(

arman
10-17-2011, 09:14 PM
section F1 row 12, cant wait!!

algunz
10-17-2011, 09:25 PM
section G2, row 10, seats 14 & 16

I'll be wearing a big, black hat.

sbessiso
10-18-2011, 09:12 AM
what general location should I shoot for in terms of tickets? whats terrible and whats better?

also im assuming parking at the bowl is a nightmare/expensive? we're gunna be staying at a place 4 miles from the bowl is it easier to cab or bus it? or theres a shuttle?

captncrzy
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah there are a few shuttles and park and ride lots; where are you staying? We haven't booked the hotel yet, but we're going to shuttle it in as well. I hear parking is a bitch.

sbessiso
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
my bf's sister is letting us crash at her place.

captncrzy
10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Nice. Well, we'll have a car so we might be able to pick you up and take you to whatever shuttle we're taking.

sbessiso
10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
thats pretty great! yeah trying to figure out logistics now, im a great big ball of nervous excited energy. i guess im just gunna get tix off ticketbastard

captncrzy
10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Ok, just text me if you need a ride. I think we get into town around 3.

lesswesay
10-18-2011, 01:32 PM
There are Terrace box seats for $64.99 on stubhub (http://www.stubhub.com/robyn-tickets/robyn-los-angeles-hollywood-bowl-10-22-2011-1134959/) right now. They're instant downloads and pretty far below face for these seats. I paid $101/ticket for terrace box seats on ticketmaster. Also, box 1343 is almost dead center and it's the 4th row of the terrace boxes. Pretty sweet seats!

Here's a link (http://hollywoodbowltips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/HB_SeatChartHigh.jpg) to the most detailed seating chart I could find online.

sbessiso
10-18-2011, 02:45 PM
thanks!! i might have to get these

algunz
10-18-2011, 02:53 PM
So are we meeting up before, or during? Where?

Meet ups after are difficult when you are dealing with stacked parking, just my :2c

LongshotJoe
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm still going to this show, but I've got 2 Garden Box seats (hard tickets) I'm looking to sell at cost ($104 each). Box 761. I live in LA near the Echo. If anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail (longshotjoe@hotmail.com). Thanks!

bmack86
10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Salah, if you can take the metro, it's not too hard of a walk up from the closest stop. Maybe 1/2 a mile uphill, which means you have a nice easy walk back afterwards. Added bonus of not worrying about driving or spending money on parking/a taxi.

mmsk123
10-18-2011, 06:20 PM
The shuttles at hollywood and highland are free if you have your metro ticket. They leave every 10/15 minutes or so. It would be a good meeting spot too as you can park in the HH complex with validation (just buy a water at a vendor or something). You can party bus it up the hill.

sbessiso
10-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Thank you so much for the info guys, seriously.

more questions...

looking at tix online and we're in between terrace or super seats (possssible garden maybe). terrace is closer but the enclosed area seems more casual and less dancey and just kinda uncomfortable. Super seats are not as close but seem a little more comfortable?

Gribbz
10-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I had a terrace box for LCD and it was very comfortable and everyone was dancing(in the boxes and aisles. Security was pretty lax). Hope that helps!

cutterbutter
10-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Go for the boxes. Everyone just ends up moving the seats in them away and moves around in between them and the aisles. They are much more lax in those sections overall (well, once you are aloud in the actual section).

sbessiso
10-18-2011, 09:17 PM
hurray thank you all!!!

TICKETS PLURCHASED

Section: Terrace Boxes
Row: 1342 | Seats: 3, 4

:D :D :D

sbessiso
10-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Have I mentioned how excited I am?

So....how is the bowl security when it comes to people smoking marijuana?

Also, this video. THIS VIDEO

1zVECruSI3k

captncrzy
10-19-2011, 07:46 AM
hurray thank you all!!!

TICKETS PLURCHASED

Section: Terrace Boxes
Row: 1342 | Seats: 3, 4

:D :D :D

We're in TERAC 1063 seats 1-3.

http://www.visitingdc.com/images/hollywood-bowl-seating-chart.jpg

sbessiso
10-19-2011, 07:55 AM
its all coming together! its happening!

thinking of sneaking a bottle of jager in my pants

captncrzy
10-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Do they not sell beer there or something?

Guess we may have to break out the flask.

sbessiso
10-19-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't like beer, its gross. Several flasks in the pants should work

sbconnection
10-19-2011, 10:51 AM
You guys are going to have so much fun!!!! super jealous!

sbessiso
10-19-2011, 09:39 PM
So....

will Robyn come out during Rokysopps set to do Girl and the Robot or will Royksopp come out during Robyns set and do that plus None of Dem

sbessiso
10-20-2011, 01:45 PM
I press trigger I don't press people button

eimie
10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
OMG how did I not think to find this thread earlier!

So here's my situation:

Like any sane music lover, I bought 2 tickets to this show the moment I heard about it like it was a no-brainer. My usual partner in crime (fellow Coachella junkie), however, has now moved out east, but I figured I had plenty of time to find an almost worthy replacement (only criterion being that they happen to be familiar with either Royksopp or Robyn, really).

Welp, here I am, 2 days before the show without a date. I mean, I CAN think up a number of people who'd tag along because they have nothing better to do. But c'mon, Royksopp & I go way back (oh, me & Robyn too, back when she was a guilty pleasure in the 90s (she was the 2nd CD I ever bought, don't judge)), and so I'd like to think I'm holding out for a reason.

So, long story short:
-I'm a chick in San Diego, and am looking for a fellow fan as a date (preferably sane) (can meet in LA/wherever accordingly).
-I have an extra ticket in Section E, Row 9.
-I would appreciate being at least partially reimbursed ($60 after fees).
-I'm also down for pre-show festivities.

Please PM me if you or someone else you know is interested. Thanks much!

Amy

algunz
10-21-2011, 02:57 PM
So . . . Is there a plan?

emtgreg
10-22-2011, 04:53 AM
I think the best plan is to meetup before the show.

I am going to take the train from NoHo so I am going to be getting to Hollywood and Highland hopefully around 6pm!

Maybe we can all meet at CPK at hollywood and highland? There IS a bar and plenty of seating, we don't HAVE to get expensive pizza, we can just buy drinks and talk shit!

I dont know many bars in that area!

captncrzy
10-22-2011, 07:56 AM
We land around 330. Not sure what hotel we're staying at yet (I'm going to try out the Hotel Tonight app; we have a $50 credit there, but I won't know until noon where we'll be). I'm going to need a big baby nap; been up since 530 already. Will keep an eye on the thread and try to make it over.

Salah-are you ok? Do you need anything?

algunz
10-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Can you guys PM me your cell numbers, so I can keep in contact?

captncrzy
10-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Prolly just going to hang at our hotel since we are a few blocks away.

ivankay
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Just found out i'll be there. No clue where I'm sitting, but if you see someone you think is me, it probably is.

algunz
10-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I'll be looking for you all. I will be wearing a big black hat and a shirt with angel wings on the back. Although, it looks like my wings may not see much air cuz it's crazy foggy.

sbessiso
10-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Salah-are you ok? Do you need anything?

Hey! Yeah we're at our place 4 miles away. Soo tied from drive so trying to rest up for a couple mins before heading out. Apparently its like a 20 min walk uphill or is that where the shuttle comes in?

algunz
10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Salah, pm me your cell number. I want to see you.

eimie
10-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Still on cloud nine... emtgreg informed me that "Karin" was actually NOT Karin, but rather, someone else who sounds just like her. Those Fever Ray outfits sure had me fooled ;)

algunz
10-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Yea, they like to trick us. Tricky, tricky boys.

Somewhat Damaged
10-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Both performances were awesome. I was kind of underwhelmed by Roysksopp's San Francisco show in March, something I was wary of acknowledging prior to them just completely destroying the stage last night. The sound system and light show were incredible and really did them justice.

Then Robyn -- it was our third time seeing her in the last year, starting with a tiny gay club in Orlando, FL, and to see how far she's come in that short amount of time (in regards to the sizes of venues she's filling up) and marvel at her energy still being so strong after more than a year of touring was a delight. We got to hear songs off her Body Talk records that we hadn't yet heard, like "Dancehall Queen" and "Call Your Girlfriend." Because I'm obsessive-compulsive, I tracked the set lists for all three shows, but for now, here's just the one from last night:

1. We Dance to the Beat
2. Don't Fucking Tell Me What to Do
3. Fembot
4. (an old song that I don't know the name of -- if anybody else does, please let me know)
5. Dancehall Queen
6. Cobrastyle
7. Dancing On My Own
8. Indestructible
9. Love Kills
10. Be Mine!
11. Call Your Girlfriend
(encore)
12. In My Eyes
13. Hang With Me
14. With Every Heartbeat
(encore)
15. None of Dem (w/ Royksopp)
16. The Girl and the Robot (w/ Royksopp)
(encore)
17. U Should Know Better
18. Konichiwa Bitches
19. Dancing Queen/Show Me Love

I also tracked the Royksopp set list, though the 1st and 3rd songs were instrumentals and I'm not familiar enough with their work to identify song names, so any insight from gunz or anyone else would be appreciated:

1. (instrumental)
2. Happy Up Here
3. (instrumental)
4. Remind Me
5. What Else Is There?
6. True to Life
7. Eple
8. Only This Moment
9. Poor Leno
(encore)
10. This Must Be It

That performance of "Poor Leno" was fucking stellar, by the way. And I have to quibble with the comment that the Karin stand-in for "What Else Is There?" and "This Must Be It" sounds exactly like Karin. She sounds good, don't get me wrong, but part of what makes Karin so special is that her voice is so distinct. That singer's voice is a fair approximation but she ain't no Karin. Glad you had fun, though.

eimie
10-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah, looking back on my video, I now realize that she's totally not Karin.

And you don't know OCD until you see me at Coachella ;)

algunz
10-23-2011, 11:21 AM
She's the same singer that's been singing with them for a while though. Isn't she?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-23-2011, 01:30 PM
I wasn't there last night, but they've had a Karin stand-in since the Junior tour, so i'd assume it was the same person.

Thisismyname
10-23-2011, 01:57 PM
, starting with a tiny gay club in Orlando, FL,

That wasn't a gay club, although I can understand how anything in Orlando (especially if Robyn is involved) could be confused as one. Heh.

blazin
10-23-2011, 02:10 PM
She's the same singer that's been singing with them for a while though. Isn't she?

Hey all, great show! I was lucky and won some tickets last week from a radio station. Wasn't planning to go due to having recently seen both artists and having so many other shows this & next month, but I was quite happy to score those tix. It was a whole new experience seeing them play at the bowl, especially Robyn (in contrast with her Belly Up appearance last year.)

The singer is Anneli Drecker, who is their regular tour singer and also the studio vocalist for a handful of Röyksopp tracks including You Don't Have a Clue. She does sound enough like Karin to pass, but not exactly.

Was anyone at the Club Nokia show in '09? My friends told me that Karin made an appearance, but I have a feeling that they were also fooled by Anneli. Just curious either way. I guess it will make me feel less foolish for skipping it if it wasn't really her!

Anyway... I'm also OCD and took down the setlist for Robyn (and also don't know the names of the instrumentals, by Röyksopp or nearly anyone else ;)
I have one discrepancy - I am sure that Robyn did "With Every Heartbeat" in the first encore after "Hang With Me," making it song #14. Otherwise the same.

Great finish to the HB season!

algunz
10-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Karin at the Nokia show, but don't quote me.

Thisismyname
10-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I feel like Karin has never performed with Royksopp in the states.

Somewhat Damaged
10-23-2011, 03:04 PM
That wasn't a gay club, although I can understand how anything in Orlando (especially if Robyn is involved) could be confused as one. Heh.

All the gays in attendance must've confused me.

I have one discrepancy - I am sure that Robyn did "With Every Heartbeat" in the first encore after "Hang With Me," making it song #14. Otherwise the same.

You're right. My wife caught the error, too. I even had it in my notes on my phone but I just overlooked the song when transcribing the set list. I've edited my post to correct it.

blazin
10-23-2011, 05:20 PM
I just went to print my Primus ticket and saw this listed on 1iota.com, in case it interests any of you:

About
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
300 diehard Robyn fans to join us for a special Halloween performance at a secret location in Los Angeles.

DESCRIPTION
Join Robyn for a special MTV Halloween Performance in Los Angeles, CA on October 31st. That's right, MTV will be filming a Robyn performance on Halloween night and we want YOU there!
The performance will begin at 7:30pm and be finished at 9:30pm. And, yes, we want you dressed in your Halloween costume!

algunz
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
A pack of gay men on Halloween? I'd rather be in The Village.

Kyliediscope
10-23-2011, 07:13 PM
WHATUPPP. I reserved two tickets. Who wants to come with me?

emtgreg
10-23-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Karin at the Nokia show, but don't quote me.

That was Robyn actually.

algunz
10-24-2011, 06:58 AM
That was sarcasm. The thousands of gay men at the Bowl on Saturday were hard to miss.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-24-2011, 02:37 PM
That was Robyn actually.

Well, Robyn did her song at Nokia, but there was also a Karin-sound alike as well. And it most definitely was not Karin.

algunz
10-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes, it was Robyn. Didn't ivankay run into her at a restaurant before the show?

I totally read your response wrong. Sorry, emtgreg.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-24-2011, 05:13 PM
i think Mike actually got to have dinner with her through some kind of connection.

bcebce
10-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Both performances were awesome. I was kind of underwhelmed by Roysksopp's San Francisco show in March, something I was wary of acknowledging prior to them just completely destroying the stage last night. The sound system and light show were incredible and really did them justice.

Then Robyn -- it was our third time seeing her in the last year, starting with a tiny gay club in Orlando, FL, and to see how far she's come in that short amount of time (in regards to the sizes of venues she's filling up) and marvel at her energy still being so strong after more than a year of touring was a delight. We got to hear songs off her Body Talk records that we hadn't yet heard, like "Dancehall Queen" and "Call Your Girlfriend." Because I'm obsessive-compulsive, I tracked the set lists for all three shows, but for now, here's just the one from last night:

1. We Dance to the Beat
2. Don't Fucking Tell Me What to Do
3. Fembot
4. (an old song that I don't know the name of -- if anybody else does, please let me know)
5. Dancehall Queen
6. Cobrastyle
7. Dancing On My Own
8. Indestructible
9. Love Kills
10. Be Mine!
11. Call Your Girlfriend
(encore)
12. In My Eyes
13. Hang With Me
14. With Every Heartbeat
(encore)
15. None of Dem (w/ Royksopp)
16. The Girl and the Robot (w/ Royksopp)
(encore)
17. U Should Know Better
18. Konichiwa Bitches
19. Dancing Queen/Show Me Love

I also tracked the Royksopp set list, though the 1st and 3rd songs were instrumentals and I'm not familiar enough with their work to identify song names, so any insight from gunz or anyone else would be appreciated:

1. (instrumental)
2. Happy Up Here
3. (instrumental)
4. Remind Me
5. What Else Is There?
6. True to Life
7. Eple
8. Only This Moment
9. Poor Leno
(encore)
10. This Must Be It

That performance of "Poor Leno" was fucking stellar, by the way. And I have to quibble with the comment that the Karin stand-in for "What Else Is There?" and "This Must Be It" sounds exactly like Karin. She sounds good, don't get me wrong, but part of what makes Karin so special is that her voice is so distinct. That singer's voice is a fair approximation but she ain't no Karin. Glad you had fun, though.

Röyksopp opening song was "Alpha Male" and the 3rd one (instrumental piece) was "Have Another Cherry".

sbessiso
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
What an absolutely incredible night. It was worth everything!

Friday night Joe and I went to go see Portishead in Berkley and then were planning on driving down Saturday morning. Well, after Portishead we get back to his car and his backseat passenger window had been smashed in and both my bags were stolen. Nothing terribly irreplaceable I guess but what a blow to ones good mood! So like my clothes (awesome silver shoes, my robyn shirt, my superman underwear, little black booty shorts etc), ipod (:'(), passport, CDs, etc etc GONE. And poor Joe's fucking window!

But anyway, we were upset as you can imagine and I didnt want to make the trip anymore but Joe being the trooper that he is insisted we continue on. After sleeping on it I felt better in the morning and we said FUCK IT and still drove down!

I thought the Hollywood Bowl was gorgeous, but still not crazy about those box seats. Talk about no space to dance, geez. Robynsopp delivered shows that were on an arena level. I couldnt believe how big and grand everything is, just writing and thinking about it now is giving me goosebumps. Robyns setlist was not joking around, I mean Cobrastyle was what, songs in?? She literally played almost everything I wanted to hear and it sounded so good. Plus 3 encores and costume changes??

It was so great seeing all of you and what a bummer I didnt get to see capn/rick and gunzy! But we were rushing almost the entire time, everyone we saw we ran into (which was great). Also, Jill(?) thank you so much for introducing yourself! We wouldnt have had that incredible view without you.

I just cant stop thinking about the show. OMG Robyn was so incredible, and this was a really great bonding experience for Joe and I. Im so happy we got to share it together.

algunz
10-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Wonderful.

Glad things worked out.

emtgreg
10-26-2011, 08:05 PM
ZWeBMN6OZ6c

and

F-X4XY_gvRY

venturas90sgirl
10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
I think we danced just fine Salah. I enjoyed getting to see Robyn with you guys. I still can't get over that my seat jist happened to be near you. Meant to be :-). So much fun at this show, Royksopp destroyed. A truly beautiful night.

ETA: nice to meet you at the show as well Greg.

ivankay
10-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes, it was Robyn. Didn't ivankay run into her at a restaurant before the show?

I totally read your response wrong. Sorry, emtgreg.

i think Mike actually got to have dinner with her through some kind of connection.

That was an awesome night. i like to think the discussion on this board led to Robyn being there that night. i have a friend that works for Robyn's label and i asked her to go to the Royksopp show with me. She pointed out Robyn was in Vegas and flying her out to perform with them would be a wonderful thing. i was kind of aware of the desire to do this, but didn't know for sure until the day of Feathersopp. So i went to go meet my friend before the show and she texted me to meet her in one of the restaurants in LA Live. When i finally find where she is sitting, i see Robyn sitting with her. It was a nice time and Robyn is a super cool girl. Also got to chat for a little after the show. i have run into her a couple of times since then and my crush gets a little bigger. After the Bowl show, i had the chance to tell her how fantastic the night was and how thrilled i was about her career and songs.

venturas90sgirl
10-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Damn that mustve been quite a treat, lucky!

algunz
10-26-2011, 09:52 PM
I want your life Mr. I.

ivankay
10-26-2011, 10:55 PM
^If only we could live the highlights all the time.

sbessiso
10-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Like an idiot I didnt get the special show shirts they were selling at the bowl and of course I cant find it online now. Kicking myself like an idiot, if anyone sees it could you be so kind and alert me?

Same goes for a bootleg. I mean, one HAS to exist...right?

WHATUPPP. I reserved two tickets. Who wants to come with me?

See you there. :cat

ivankay
10-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Working on a set for the show. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivankay/sets/72157627870733191/with/6288418528/) Here are some:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6035/6287896561_e4d216a8e1_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6232/6288417312_30b323050c_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6044/6287896925_c17ed6bafb_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6115/6288417644_cdbd72f092_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6231/6288417766_a5a186968d_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6231/6287897441_7148a36043_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6040/6288418168_1d357da38b_b.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6045/6288418390_cce0342316_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6052/6288418528_994ae7b9b2_b.jpg

Timestretch
10-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Damn, that looks like an awesome show!

Shultz
10-30-2011, 11:17 PM
I am now going to see her for the MTV thing by myself tomorrow so if anyone wants to go but doesn't have a spot let me know!

tessalasset
10-31-2011, 11:32 PM
We just waltzed right up tonight. Seriously anyone could have gone. It was right in the middle of the street. My friend knew all the guys running the show so she even got us past the barricade and up to the front. I'm not a big Robyn fan but it was fun in that atmosphere and with all the costumes. I had a helmet on and one of the camera guys was right behind me and kept hitting me in the head with his camera. I saw us on TV a lot. Gonna try to find youtube vids of it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/374276_618879598976_81500275_33034055_1958266992_n .jpg

gaypalmsprings
11-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Robyn will be on Jay Leno/Tonight Show tonight.

sbessiso
11-07-2011, 06:32 PM
So does a recording of this show officially not exist?

eimie
05-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Anyone down for a Robynsopp Meetup 2.0 on 6/29/14?