PDA

View Full Version : They're trying to take our marijuana away!!!

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Feds order all Calif. medical-marijuana outlets to close

The Obama administration has ordered all medical-marijuana dispensaries in California to shut down within 45 days or they will be prosecuted and have their property confiscated for violating federal drugs laws, the Associated Press reports.

Even licensed outlets operating under the 1996 voter-approved medical-marijuana law are subject to the federal crackdown. California's four U.S. attorneys plan an announcement Friday.

AP says the federal prosecutors have notified at least 16 pot shops or their landlords.

http://content.usatoday.c...juana-outlets-to-close/1

J~$$$$
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
That motherfucker. LAST STRAW OBAMA!

Wait I live in Colorado. Holla.

NachoCat
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wqiueNFUPQs/TcmjzG9NWfI/AAAAAAAAABs/Yq_RK011nO4/s1600/a_bomb_article1.jpg

Here we go

chairmenmeow47
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
going out of business sale?

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 02:34 PM
going out of business sale?

70% EVERYTHING MUST GO!

guedita
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Wait, really? What's the impetus for this? 2012 re-election?

nathanfairchild
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
why is the government doing this?

jackstraw94086
10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
it's not.

Stickjohn
10-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Something about it being against the law. I would be pissed if I were a dispensary owner who paid taxes.

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I would be pissed if I were a dispensary owner who paid taxes.

And didn't use their store to ship weed to places like Texas like some stupid shops. Bad apples always spoil the bunch :nono

bluemamba
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Can't believe it. Weed sales going up now. fuck.

nosurprises12
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Time to go invest in a good vacuum sealer.

faxman75
#NOBAMA 2012

Fuck that guy.

TallGuyCM
http://www.alan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Mitt-Romney-Waving-to-crowd1-265x300.jpg

OnlyNonStranger
10-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Haha, suckers!

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 02:47 PM
http://tulsachange.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/rpfed.jpg

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I would be pissed if I were a dispensary owner who paid taxes.

It would appear they all aren't paying their taxes.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/131101053.html

It's not easy being the biggest medical marijuana dispensary on the West Coast, and possibly the United States -- especially when you also owe the federal government the largest tax bill on the West Coast, and possibly the United States.

Oakland's Harborside Health Center -- which reported some $22 million in revenue last year -- is deep in the red to the Internal Revenue Service, according to the Bay Citizen.

Harborside owes $2.5 million in taxes from 2007 and 2008, according to the dispensary's chief financial officer, some $2 million more than the cannabis club paid. The money's owed because, like most any other business, the dispensary claimed rent, payroll, insurance and other deductions on its taxes.

jackstraw94086
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
yeah! elect a guy who will give back the weed!

J~$$$$
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
They tried this same thing two years ago and nothing happened. Be cool everyone.

guedita
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
yeah! elect a guy who will give back the weed!

For free or bust.

nosurprises12
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
They tried this same thing two years ago and nothing happened. Be cool everyone.

That's a good point, and I am sure someone somewhere will challenge its legality.

Stickjohn
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
It would appear they all aren't paying their taxes.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/131101053.html

This part is critical: The money's owed because, like most any other business, the dispensary claimed rent, payroll, insurance and other deductions on its taxes. The IRS ruled, however, that because the dispensary deals in a federally-illegal substance -- to wit, medical marijuana -- the business cannot deduct any of those expenses, and must pay.

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
DEY TUK URR' HERB!

TallGuyCM
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
DEY TUK URR' HERB!

hahahahahaha

Coachella Bound
10-06-2011, 03:05 PM
this is nothing to freak out about... new bills will be going into effect come november. This is the feds last chance to try and make some sort of impact.... Stay calm.

PotVsKtl
10-06-2011, 03:12 PM
I will physically murder a bitch.

Coachella Bound
10-06-2011, 03:12 PM
if worse comes to worse... i know a guy, that knows a guy.

citizenerased
10-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Boooo http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-2bong.png

PotVsKtl
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM
When you show up at the Arbys drive-thru your relatives hide in the bathroom.

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 03:24 PM
There was a South Park episode on Medical Marijuana. I never saw it

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
There was a South Park episode on Medical Marijuana. I never saw it

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100402044559/southpark/images/f/fd/MedicinalFriedChicken29.jpg

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah that's why I made that comment o_O

nosurprises12
10-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah that's why I made that comment o_O

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e03-medicinal-fried-chicken

WhyTheLongFace
10-06-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e03-medicinal-fried-chicken

Niiiiiice. Thanks

ManImCool
10-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Niiiiiice. Thanks

I think I'll watch that one right now. Maybe followed by the Steve Jobs HumancentiPad episode.

TallGuyCM
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
echo...echo...echo

jgafs
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
how the heck is Thanksgiving gonna be tolerable now?

getbetter
10-06-2011, 04:01 PM
The IRS ruled, however, that because the dispensary deals in a federally-illegal substance -- to wit, medical marijuana -- the business cannot deduct any of those expenses, and must pay.

Fuck that!!!!

Every election year I just vote for whoever is going legalize it .

frizzlefry
10-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Things are looking up for the little guy...the wholly illegal and shifty pot dealers of the streets.

obzen
Wait, they're not telling them all to shut it down, right?

choice cat
Fuck that!!!!

Every election year I just vote for who every is going legalize it .

even though I'm not the biggest fan of fb, sometimes I wish I could "like" posts on here.

ByTheWay,
10-06-2011, 06:08 PM

No

just a letter sent to 12 storefronts in San Diego

Looks like the feds are just protecting their "War On Drugs" to me. You know, that "Drug War" we have with our brown skinned drug lord neighbors down south... who protects them??? who protects them from being bombed with our TERMINATOR DRONES, NAVY SEAL TEAM 6 and are mighty military? ....... oh yeah it's US. A.
I don't think the people of Mexico would give two fucks if we took 'em out. Hell, they'd even stop crossing the border in droves if we would just stop all the mayhem and murder going on down there.
Mexico's prime harvest season is coming up soon you say?? Hmmmm... I better stock up on that brick weed before they raise prices to get top dollar for their product. Medical Marijuana dispensaries (CA being #1 target) been cuttin into their profit for the past decade cartel wants none of it.
Why do you think it was a San Diego U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy who sent the threatening letter (SAN DIEGO/TIJUANA BORDER) The sick fucks at DOJ/DEA/CIA they just want to scare the market and get more money from the dope dealer's in your local neighborhood so said small time dope dealer can get YOUR cash into the hands of their "DOPE DEALER".

Coachella Bound
10-06-2011, 06:11 PM

At first they were regulating each city's number of dispensaries allowed... now it seems they are trying to shut them all down. But as i mentioned before this is just one last attempt from the Feds to act like their in control. Truth is there is a rather large bill in order that will finally legalize and regulate the sale and purchase of marijuana... and there are a number of very high ranking individuals backing the prop this time around.

McDunnough
10-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Apparently they will provide more details at a news conference tomorrow:

"The U.S. Attorneys are scheduled to announce their coordinated crackdown on dispensaries at a Friday news conference. Their offices have so far refused to confirm the closure letters."

Grandma
10-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I hope some feds get snuffed out, I really do.

TomAz
10-06-2011, 08:14 PM
States rights. Ha ha

marooko
10-06-2011, 08:24 PM
States rights. Ha ha

Racist!!

So what exactly does this do but put some people out of......work? Do that many people really not know where to get weed? Are you gonna stop?

I'm gonna go vaporize in celebration.

GeezrRckr
10-06-2011, 09:03 PM
What happened to this guy?!

Don't prosecute medical-marijuana use, Obama administration says

A Justice Department memo issued Monday tells federal prosecutors to ease off medical-marijuana users and sellers in states that have legalized the drug.

Continues..... (http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2009/1019/dont-prosecute-medical-marijuana-use-obama-administration-says)(written October 19, 2009)

I wonder if it's because of how close CA came to legalizing it outright. Perhaps they fear that once that genie is totally let out of the bottle, that there's no turning back?

Whatever...it's time we stop this nonsense against a fucking plant. Oh, and while we're at it, I want to travel to Cuba anytime I damn well please as well. Both of these US policies are fucking asinine.

lunatic core
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
:(

I bet there will be talk of this tomorrow night at the Womb, they are all about legalizing weed here in Oklahoma.

shoegazer76
10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Stock in Little Debbie nose dived upon the discovery of this thread.

malcolmjamalawesome
10-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Truth is there is a rather large bill in order that will finally legalize and regulate the sale and purchase of marijuana... and there are a number of very high ranking individuals backing the prop this time around.

Coachella Bound: He says things.

blackchango
10-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I love this guys take on the issue. Copied from the L.A. Times.

Stephen Downing, a retired deputy chief of the Los Angeles Police Department and board member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, responds to The Times' Oct. 5 Op-Ed article, "Prohibition's real lessons for drug policy." If you would like to respond to a recent Times article, editorial or Op-Ed in our Blowback forum, here are our FAQs and submission policy.

Drug prohibitionists like former White House drug czar staffer Kevin A. Sabet seem to be in a panic over Ken Burns' PBS documentary broadcast "Prohibition" because of its clear and convincing parallel to today's equally disastrous war on drugs. The earlier experiment lasted less than 14 years, but today’s failed prohibition was declared by President Nixon 40 years ago and has cost our country more than $1 trillion in cash and much more in immeasurable social harm.

As a student of history and a retired deputy chief of police with the Los Angeles Police Department, I can attest that the damage that came from the prohibition of alcohol pales in comparison to the harm wrought by drug prohibition. In the last 40 years drug money has fueled the growth of violent street gangs in Los Angeles, from two (Bloods and Crips) with a membership of less than 50 people before the drug war to 20,000 gangs with a membership of about 1 million across the U.S., according to the U.S. Department of Justice. These gangs serve as the distributors, collection agents and enforcers for the Mexican cartels that the Justice Department says occupy more than 1,000 U.S. cities.

Sabet, a former advisor to the White House drug policy advisor, ignores these prohibition-created harms, making no mention of the nearly 50,000 people killed in Mexico over the last five years as cartels have battled it out to control drug routes, territories and enforce collections. When one cartel leader is arrested or killed, it makes no impact on the drug trade and only serves to create more violence, as lower-level traffickers fight for the newly open top spot.

U.S. law enforcement officials report that as much as 70% of cartel profits come from marijuana alone. There's no question that ending today's prohibition on drugs -- starting with marijuana -- would do more to hurt the cartels than any level of law enforcement skill or dedication ever can.

Worse than being ineffective, though, the war on drugs creates dangerous distractions for police officers who would rather focus on improving public safety. For example, the LAPD announced this week that it will take 150 police officers off the streets to accommodate the state's shuffling of prisoners to the county level. The state must do this to comply with the U.S. Supreme Court's order to cut our drug-war-induced overcrowded prison population by 30,000 -- and our state has already laid off thousands of teachers thanks in part to funding diverted to building more prisons and hiring more guards.

This follows on the heels of another reallocation of police resources in Los Angeles when the LAPD and the L.A. Sheriff's Department woke up to a three-year backlog of rape kits. Police labs have only a finite amount of resources, and drug testing often takes priority over other cases that demand attention. Detectives (and victims) waiting for lab results related to rape and other serious crimes stood in line for months while tests for custody-related possession of pot and other drugs took precedence.

There's no doubt that the violence, the growth of cartels and gangs, the overpopulation of our prisons and the squandering of our police resources would not occur if we eliminated illegal drug profits and implemented a non-criminal approach to regulating drugs. We did this once with alcohol, and there's no reason we can't do it with other drugs today.

-- Stephen Downing

nosurprises12
10-07-2011, 11:16 AM
More info via the LA Times:

Feds escalate efforts to close California pot shops (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pot-crackdown-20111007,0,313880.story)

By John Hoeffel, Los Angeles Times
October 7, 2011

Federal prosecutors are threatening to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries throughout California, sending letters that warn landlords to stop sales of the drug within 45 days or face the possibility that their property will be seized and they will be charged with a crime.

The stepped-up enforcement escalates the Obama administration's efforts to rein in the spread of pot stores, which accelerated after the attorney general announced in 2009 that federal prosecutors would not target people using medical marijuana in states that allow it.

"It's coming out of left field as far as we're concerned," said Joe Elford, the chief counsel for Americans for Safe Access, which advocates for medical marijuana use. "I really don't know what inspired this. It's a complete about-face from what [Obama] said when he was campaigning."

The initiative, spearheaded by the four U.S. attorneys in the state, will focus on dispensaries selected by the prosecutors, said a person familiar with the operation. He declined to say what criteria would be used to target dispensaries and asked not to be identified because the prosecutors are scheduled to make the official announcement at a news conference Friday morning in Sacramento.

Landlords for some dispensaries have already received letters, including the owner of the building that houses the Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana inFairfax, Calif., the oldest dispensary in the country. "I assume the story you're calling about is: Obama takes resources away from fighting terrorists and goes after old ladies with glaucoma," said Greg Anton, a lawyer who represents the dispensary.

The letter to the Marin Alliance notes that the dispensary is within a prohibited distance of a park, raising the possibility that enforcement will zero in on stores within 1,000 feet of schools and playgrounds, a distance that can bring enhanced penalties for illegal drug sales. But letters received by dispensaries in San Diego make no mention of such prohibitions. "We're trying to figure this out," said Jessica C. McElfresh, who represents some dispensaries in the city. "I am surprised at the size of this. I am surprised by the vast amount of planning that has clearly gone into it."

U.S. Atty. Andre Birotte Jr. in Los Angeles could not be reached for comment, but the source said the prosecutor would not initially focus on dispensaries in Los Angeles.

Dale Gieringer, the director of California NORML, which backs legalizing marijuana, said the approach appears to reflect the state's regional differences. "They want to do a clean sweep in San Diego, whereas in Northern California they can't possibly do a clean sweep," he said. "There's no political support for it. It would be devastating."

The administration has also ratcheted up pressure on dispensaries by demanding back taxes and penalties after audits disqualified deductions for business expenses. Federal authorities also are leaning on banks to close accounts belonging to owners of dispensaries and telling firearms dealers they cannot sell to medical marijuana patients.

Lynnette Shaw, the owner of the Marin Alliance, said she has paid taxes since she opened her dispensary 14 years ago and was advised by the Internal Revenue Service to deduct expenses. But the IRS has audited her 2009 returns and demanded $1 million, which Shaw said is about equal to her gross revenue.

When Barack Obama was running for president, he joked about smoking marijuana and said the federal government should not interfere with medical marijuana users who follow state laws. After he took office, U.S. Atty. Gen. Eric Holder made that stance policy.

More recently, however, the Department of Justice and some federal prosecutors have limited their tolerance. When Oakland and Berkeley made plans to allow industrial-scale pot cultivation, the U.S. attorney for the area threatened prosecution. The cities shelved plans that officials said were motivated by the desire for increased regulatory control and tax collection.

Although California was the first state to decriminalize marijuana for medical use in 1996, it remains a federal crime to possess or sell it, and the tension between state and federal laws continues to play out.

"The Obama administration, as far as medical marijuana has been concerned, really hasn't been much different than the Bush administration," said William G. Panzer, an Oakland lawyer who helped draft the medical marijuana initiative.

The Bush administration sent similar letters to landlords who rented to dispensaries in 2007. In Los Angeles, many dispensaries were forced from their locations, but most simply found new ones. "They succeeded in closing a handful of collectives, but nothing ever came of it," said Don Duncan, the California director for Americans for Safe Access. "There are more open now than there were then."

Activists said the government does not have the money or staff to force the dispensaries to close. "It's a lot of huffing and puffing," Elford said, "but we'll see if they actually blow the house down."

Mugwog
10-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Seems like they are focusing on San Diego and not LA.

That means San Diegans will have to drive to LA again, and same with other smaller conservative counties, sounds like we're back to 2007.

With how big of a flood there is for good ol' mary out in California, I highly doubt the prices will soar to the price of $70/8th for the good stuff, as they used to be in 2006/2007.

No matter how hard the government tries, ganja will never disappear.

In fact, if they do close ALL of the shops, it will probably stimulate local economies with help of the independent drug dealers in your local area.

Better hit Steve up again.

WhyTheLongFace
10-07-2011, 03:24 PM
N3BzpJoapHc&

PotVsKtl
10-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm positive that after the video cuts off she let fly with a barrage of cold hard facts backing up her assertion that dispensaries are dangerous to the community.

obzen
10-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Look!

That eagle behind her looks like it's got weeeeed maaaazn.

nosurprises12
10-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for posting that video; I wasn't having any luck finding the "official" announcement today. Not opening a dispensary within 1k feet of a school, playground, etc. has been part of the law since the start, so I'm fine with them taking action against those which aren't in compliance. What is utterly retarded, though, is making sweeping generalizations about patients by claiming they "jump" out of cars and "run" to the dispensaries - I can't speak for anyone else with a card, but I've never seen this happen, and having a physical ailment isn't the only reason to have a prescription. I also don't see how someone smoking in a dispensary and then getting into their car is any different or more dangerous than someone going to a bar and then getting into their car.

I also really feel as if they are going after the wrong "entity" if they are trying to cut back on abuse of the system itself - they should be focusing on the doctors who are writing out prescriptions for anything and everything rather than the clinics themselves. Anyone who has gone to one of these places will tell you that it's pretty much a joke; there's no pretense as to why you are there, the doctors don't really quiz you much about why marijuana is the best option for you, and I can't imagine many people are getting turned away. I'm not entirely sure as to how this aspect of the system could be modified, but what I do know is that there would be less people going to/abusing the dispensaries if there there were fewer people with dubious prescriptions.

Neighborhood Creep
10-07-2011, 09:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15225270

Dutch to reclassify high-strength cannabis
By Anna Holligan
BBC News, Amsterdam

The Dutch government is reclassifying high-strength cannabis to put it in the same category as hard drugs.

It says the amount of the main active chemical in the drug, THC, has gone up, making it far more potent than a generation ago.

It means the coffee shops will be forced to take the popular, high-strength varieties off their shelves.

Dutch politicians say high-strength cannabis, known as "skunk", is more dangerous than it was before.

In the future, anything containing more than 15% THC will be treated the same way as hard drugs, such as cocaine and ecstasy.

The move is a big blow to the coffee shops - and means they will have to replace about 80% of their stock with weaker varieties.

Marc Josemans, who runs a cafe in Maastricht, says he believes that the new tough approach is being driven by the increasingly influential far-right in Dutch politics.

"You immediately can taste the difference. Everything which is considered unusual for them - they call it 'left hobbies' and under this name they want to ban all 'left hobbies', like using cannabis," he told the BBC.

The move means that the Netherlands' traditional tolerance of soft drugs is to become a thing of the past.

The ban on the high-strength "skunk" is expected to be introduced next year, when police will start doing random checks in the cafes.

From next year, the Dutch government also plans to ban tourists from entering coffee shops across the country.

JustSteve
10-07-2011, 10:19 PM
goodbye tourist money, who is gonna bother going up there now?

the walrus
10-07-2011, 10:52 PM
A. im smoking a blunt filled with mawie wowie and hash.

B. listening to daft punk

C. vote for ron paul if you want this shit to stop

djandrews25
10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
The money goes from wealthy business men back into the pockets of street level drug dealers. What the fuck are you all complaining about? Did anyone here have a problem getting pot before the dispensaries were open?

miscorrections
10-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Hahahahahaha "Vote for Ron Paul". Very good, excellent joke.

JustSteve
10-07-2011, 11:03 PM
The money goes from wealthy business men back into the pockets of street level drug dealers. What the fuck are you all complaining about? Did anyone here have a problem getting pot before the dispensaries were open?

there were some shady times getting it every once in awhile. give me a nice office with security and hot chicks and way more selection, especially in the edibles department, than some dude in his apartment.

biggfoot17
10-08-2011, 07:45 AM

The issue isn't "aww man I'm gonna have a hard time scoring weed now."

GeezrRckr
10-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Coming from a "street level" drug dealer....surprise, surprise.

You really don't get it.....at all!

ByTheWay,
10-08-2011, 09:17 AM
You really don't get it.....at all!

Geesh, do we really get it though? I mean reaalllly? pshhh..................Meanwhile, back in Afghanistan

ChIF6yvTL6k

Kropladop
10-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Nothing ever changes

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=faEyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=n-oFAAAAIBAJ&pg=826,3976170&dq=marijuana&hl=en

hangthedj112
10-09-2011, 02:49 PM
From what I understand right now is that if all the shops go away it will go back to a "caregiver" like system, so a lot of dispensaries seem to be trying to collect their patients' information in order to get them signed up if they do close...

Fourthisto
10-09-2011, 08:30 PM
This is just downright creepy. (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/09/republicans-introduce-legislation-that-would-imprison-americans/)

Republicans are taking the War on Drugs to a whole new level. Republican Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas managed to get the House Judiciary Committee to pass his bill that would apply US law globally.

The new law would make it a federal crime to plan activities on foreign land that would violate the federal Controlled Substances Act (CSA) even if the activities are legal in that country. To put it simply, if you are an American citizen and you smoke marijuana in a country where it is legal, you would be arrested when you return. It gets worse, you could be arrested for even talking about smoking marijuana in a nation where it is legal.

The “Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act of 2011,” allows prosecutors to bring conspiracy charges against anyone who discusses, plans or advises someone else to engage in any activity that violates the CSA, the massive federal law that prohibits drugs like marijuana and strictly regulates prescription medication. So if you travel to another country to try a prescription drug that could save your life, you would be prosecuted if that medication is illegal here in America. In fact, just e-mailing or texting advice to a vacationing friend on where to find a marijuana cafe or where to find a certain type of medication you would need an ID to access in the United States would be a criminal act. Essentially, this law would expand US law on a global scale, far outside the jurisdiction of American authorities.

WhyTheLongFace
10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Wow.

Sleepingrock
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Oh my, that is terrible.

Mugwog
10-09-2011, 09:55 PM
This is just downright creepy. (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/09/republicans-introduce-legislation-that-would-imprison-americans/)

It seems some of these newer legislation proposals are pretty much stripping americans of all rights. Seems like "1984" is not too far around the corner.

JebusLives
10-10-2011, 07:17 AM
There is no way that's constitutional. Free speech and all that.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2011, 07:35 AM
i wonder if we can get arrested for driving on the left-hand side of the road in england too.

J~$$$$
10-10-2011, 07:47 AM
That is a scare tactic. It will never pass.

Mugwog
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
I wonder who was the sick fuck who wrote that though. That's some crazy extremist writing.

TomAz
10-10-2011, 11:54 AM
some crazy extremist writing.

There has been some rational commentary in the past year or two about the emergence of a kind of proto-fascism in certain sectors of the Republican Party.

for example,
http://www.theatlantic.com/daily-dish/archive/2010/01/proto-fascism-on-the-american-right/192151/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-agin/the-comedy-of-libertarian_b_967711.html

J~$$$$
10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
It came about because prosecutors fucked up a high profile cocaine drag trafficking case that was never intended for distribution on US soil but the deal took place in the US.

TomAz
10-10-2011, 11:57 AM
A. im smoking a blunt filled with mawie wowie and hash.

B. listening to daft punk

C. vote for ron paul if you want this shit to stop

This is a perfectly consistent worldview.

GeezrRckr
10-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Excellent Salon.com piece on this subject. It employs an interesting allegory using Steve Jobs.

http://politics.salon.com/2011/10/08/steve_jobs_and_drug_policy/singleton/

GeezrRckr
10-13-2011, 06:09 PM
One of my main dispensaries was raided today. This is not surprising considering that they are a Mendocino-based business that helped create an innovating private-public partnership with the Mendocino sheriff department (hence, really pissed off the Feds). This is really unnerving. If anyone was going out of their way to follow the rules (and helped create even more stringent rules voluntarily), it is/was these guys.

Fuck you Obama!

zimmy1222
10-13-2011, 06:59 PM
My main dispensary out here was raided on Monday... they were raided around 5 pm, and were told they could only sell buds for the rest of their day. 3 hours. once they closed, they were done. I was their very last customer : (

And there's a lot of people that work in dispensaries. Everyone at that dispensary was fired, on the spot. no job to speak of after their shift was over. that's fucked.

GeezrRckr
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Fucking bullshit. Here's more on Northstone:

A Northern California pot farm that delivers cannabis all the way to Los Angeles was raided by DEA agents today, according to an announcement from California NORML.

NORML state coordinator Dale Gieringer was outraged and told the Weekly the action has “gotta be” part of a new federal initiative against medical marijuana in California.

He described the target of the raid, Northstone Organics, as being about as legal as compliant a grower as you could wish for under the state’s medical marijuana laws:

They have done more than anyone else to try to advance the model of regulated outdoor cultivation.

As Gieringer tells it, Northstone owner Matt Cohen spearheaded a program in Mendocino County to legalize and regulate nonprofit growers who want to have as many as 99 plants on site. The operations require sheriff’s inspections and permits.

As such, the NORML leader argues, Cohen has been in the press a lot, perhaps making hin a target for the DEA.

Ironically, he argues, Northstone was trying to do it right: It’s hard to fathom, for example, many dispensaries in L.A. proper that abide by the letter of state law, which only allows nonprofit growing among collective members who want to share their weed with others who are seriously ill.

Of course, federal law, which doesn’t recognize any legal use for pot, is another matter.

“There are people in this business racking up millions and millions in profits,” Gieringer admits. “Cohen isn’t one of them.”

He said that, as we spoke, Cohen was in handcuffs:

To go after him is to strike a blow in favor of the Mexican cartels.

We have a call into the DEA to get its side of the story.
http://medicalmarijuana.com/medical-marijuana-news/title.cfm?artId=330

Grandma
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
kill 'em all

ods..
10-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Jeez this ain't good

marooko
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
In celebration of this momentous day, I will be removing the bed from the spare room and putting my lights back up.

zimmy1222
10-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Fucking bullshit. Here's more on Northstone:

To go after him is to strike a blow in favor of the Mexican cartels.

THIS. shutting down local growers is just gonna make the mexican gangs see dollar signs... They're the ones already making cash money, because they're doing it gorilla style; not the people that follow state fucking law. So many dispensaries give weed to their patients based on them having a certain condition, its practically free now at clubs these days anyways.. such a waste... they're not even making the most money (making bank, yeah, but not like the cartels)

marooko
10-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Are you a local grower? What is your locale?

Around me, Mexicartels have been running the industry for a couple years now. They grow in such large volume, the only way to compete is to do the same.

nbvcide
10-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Feds order all Calif. medical-marijuana outlets to close

The Obama administration has ordered all medical-marijuana dispensaries in California to shut down within 45 days or they will be prosecuted and have their property confiscated for violating federal drugs laws, the Associated Press reports.

Even licensed outlets operating under the 1996 voter-approved medical-marijuana law are subject to the federal crackdown. California's four U.S. attorneys plan an announcement Friday.

AP says the federal prosecutors have notified at least 16 pot shops or their landlords.

http://content.usatoday.c...juana-outlets-to-close/1

wow. 16 whole shops? there are literally that many within 2 miles of my house..

property confiscated? i know of zero who don't lease their space.. they are aware of the legal grey area.

closing down legal tax-generating shops will just cause a spike in illegal drug trade, way to lose the war on drugs Obama..

Mugwog
10-15-2011, 01:20 PM
The first few shops being targeted have had some sort of evidence against them with sending packages out of state. When CA was booming with MMJ, not many people were sending things out, but now its like the 2nd gold rush for people out of state as they can get a LB here for any where from $1000 (Up north outdoor) to 3800 (Top grade indoor OG), compared to $2500 and $5000 a 4 years ago. Not to mention they are flipping things in other locales for ridiculous prices. Less than 2 years ago a gram of bubba kush would go for $50 in Memphis. That's a potential of $22,400 per lb, that if they had a direct connection in Cali, probably paid no more than 4,000 per lb.

Government is mad money is being made across the country off Cali ganja and they aren't getting their cut.

zimmy1222
10-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Are you a local grower? What is your locale?

Around me, Mexicartels have been running the industry for a couple years now. They grow in such large volume, the only way to compete is to do the same.

I was more referring to the guy in that article as being a local and the stories I've heard from people in northern california about what's going on, Citizens encountering guys standing in the middle of the road with ak-47s guarding the transportation of copious amounts of ganja. which, is safe, I suppose... but nuts! I agree that you have to keep up with the cartels and grow crazy to compete, and that guy in the article was doing it in a regulated way with better intentions than the renegade crews. If there's a future in medical marijuana (which there is, and the government knows it), then they're doing it wrong...

and yeah, the gov't is jealous; weed out their future competition i guess... : /

GeezrRckr
10-17-2011, 04:24 PM
This is pretty significant. Expect this to bring a groundswell of similar support.

Medical group recommends legalizing, regulating marijuana

The California Medical Association, which represents 35,000 doctors statewide, has adopted a new policy that recommends legalization and regulation of marijuana.

It is the first statewide medical association to take this position. The policy was adopted over the weekend by the group's Board of Trustees at its annual meeting in Anaheim.

The decision was based on the need for better research, which is impossible because marijuana is listed by the federal government as a Schedule 1 drug. Doctors are mixed on the effectiveness of the drug for medical purposes, but both doctors and patients are wary about participating in the large clinical studies needed to determine whether it is or isn't.

"CMA may be the first organization of its kind to take this position, but we won't be the last. This was a carefully considered, deliberate decision made exclusively on medical and scientific grounds," Dr. James Hay, president-elect of the group, said in a news release. "As physicians, we need to have a better understanding about the benefits and risks of medicinal cannabis so that we can provide the best care possible for our patients."

The policy was not taken lightly, added Dr. Paul Phinney, a Sacramento doctor who is CMA board chairman. It was based on a comprehensive report that looks at laws, studies and risks.

"We undertook this issue a couple of years ago and the report presented this weekend is clear -- in order for the proper studies to be done, we need to advocate for legalization and regulation."

Click here (http://www.cmanet.org/files/pdf/news/cma-cannabis-tac-white-paper-101411.pdf) for a PDF of the white paper recommending legalization.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2011/10/17/calif-medical-association-legalize-pot.html

nosurprises12
10-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Just to play devil's advocate, if it does become legalized and the CMA finds, in fact, that there are no real medical benefits (or that the negatives outweigh the positives), what then? Will they lobby to re-criminalize? I just find it odd that they would choose something like complete legalization/regulation as a means of being able to research its medical benefits.

EDIT: aaaaand I answered my own question by reading the full report. Carry on.

GeezrRckr
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
I understand your point, but I think the CMA is playing with pocket aces here. They already know it has medical benefits (empirically) and are, more than likely, doing this to "buy the pot" (pardon the pun...just continuing with the poker theme).

EDIT: at some point, I will likely read the full report. I suspect that much of your point can be countered within that.

nosurprises12
10-17-2011, 04:58 PM
It's been quite an interesting read, and it does answer the questions/concerns I had; if you want to get at the heart of their proposal/rationale, read the "Policy Recommendations" section starting on page 11.

Goatchella
10-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Time to go invest in a good vacuum sealer.

lol

Goatchella
10-18-2011, 11:18 AM
less than twenty shops in san diego closed...still almost a hundred more.
oakland had a few shut down....still many more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUziSfMwAw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Coachella Bound
10-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
Truth is there is a rather large bill in order that will finally legalize and regulate the sale and purchase of marijuana... and there are a number of very high ranking individuals backing the prop this time around.

Coachella Bound: He says things.

sorry buddy... u lose again.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/social-issues/the-pot-republic-social-issues/support-for-legalizing-marijuana-at-record-high/

Coachella Bound
10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
and its not just that.... this is initially what i was talking about.

Libertarians launched The Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Act of 2012 with a historic fundraiser on September 1 at Richard Moriarty’s Newport Beach Vineyard and Winery. Speakers included chief proponent and retired Superior Court Judge James Gray, retired LAPD Deputy Chief Stephen Downing and Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher. On the following day Steve Kubby submitted the final text of the Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Act of 2012 to California Attorney General Kamala Harris.

Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, in endorsing the initiative, said that marijuana in his opinion was harmful, but called our existing laws “a travesty”, emphasizing the waste of limited government resources on someone who is not threatening others. He noted his own youthful use of marijuana where he “did everything but drink the bong water…How would my life have been changed had at some moment a police officer found a little baggie of marijuana in my pocket?” Congressman Rohrabacher opposed 2010’s Proposition 19 and his support illustrates that RMLW has not only resolved those criticisms but is capable of wide appeal from conservatives. His support is the highest level federal endorsement ever of a marijuana legalization initiative. Republican Assemblyman Chris Norby also has endorsed the initiative.

Judge Gray, in emphasizing the historic nature of the occasion, announced “Today September 1, 2011 is the beginning of the end of drug prohibition in The United States of America.” Former LAPD drug warrior Stephen Downing traced the empowerment and growth of gangs as a result of drug prohibition. He gave advice to all lawmakers to “make the kind of law where I can say don’t hurt me and don’t take my stuff but beyond that let’s make free choice.” Judge Gray, Stephen Downing and retired Redondo Beach police lieutenant Diane Goldstein, who also spoke at the event, are all members of LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition).

The Regulate Marijuana Like Wine Act of 2012 is a Libertarian led initiative to repeal criminal laws prohibiting adults 21 years of age and older from cultivating, possessing, or distributing Marijuana. The initiative creates no new taxes. Adults may produce up to 12 mature flowering plants per person without tax or regulation. Hemp and marijuana production are to be taxed and regulated similarly to the grape farming and wine industries. Commercial sales will be regulated and taxed similar to wine, under the jurisdiction of the state Alcohol Beverage Control Board. The act prohibits commercial advertising.

Responding to criticisms of 2010’s Proposition 19, which failed but garnered 46% of the vote, the new initiative specifically continues existing laws regarding operating a motor vehicle and using marijuana at work or in public. Medical marijuana law remains unchanged. State and local officials and employees are prohibited from assisting federal officials in preventing provisions of the act.

The Regulate Marijuana Like Wine team includes people who love marijuana, people who think marijuana is harmful, and people who don’t care about marijuana but believe we must end prohibition. We are seeking contributions, more endorsements, and initial signature gathering assistance when the Attorney General approves the initiative for signature gathering, which is expected by November 1. Please go to www.regulatemarijuanalikewine.com to make contributions, obtain signature petitions and view information and endorsement speeches.

Fourthisto
10-20-2011, 07:38 AM
I think this has been posted before, but there's just a couple days left. Throw your e-signature on this if you'd like... there's still time to have your signature counted on this petition.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/legalize-and-regulate-marijuana-manner-similar-alcohol/y8l45gb1?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Legalize and Regulate Marijuana in a Manner Similar to Alcohol.
We the people want to know when we can have our "perfectly legitimate" discussion on marijuana legalization. Marijuana prohibition has resulted in the arrest of over 20 million Americans since 1965, countless lives ruined and hundreds of billions of tax dollars squandered and yet this policy has still failed to achieve its stated goals of lowering use rates, limiting the drug's access, and creating safer communities.

Isn't it time to legalize and regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol? If not, please explain why you feel that the continued criminalization of cannabis will achieve the results in the future that it has never achieved in the past?

Created: Sep 22, 2011
Issues: Civil Rights and Liberties, Economy, Government Reform

The louder the voice gets, the harder it is to ignore.

J~$$$$
10-20-2011, 07:49 AM
I like the fact that it goes directly to the whitehouse.gov website. I signed it.

ByTheWay,
10-20-2011, 08:21 AM
DRUG WAR FOLLIES
words by Peter Gorman

We have a very confusion situation happening in California and Colorado. It seems that earlier this year the US federal government put out a warning to banks all over that if they handled accounts belonging to medical marijuana dispensaries that those banks might come under scrutiny -or worse- for being involved in laundering money that came from drug trafficking. Which would subject them to all sorts of horrible things unless the bank was Wachovia (which now belongs to Wells Fargo), which just last year pleaded guilty to purposely not implementing federal regulations to control money laundering and then admitted taking in over 400 billion dollars from small Mexican money changing houses during the previous few years. That bank's horror was that it had to pay $180 million in fines for the near half-billion it washed. But take in medical marijuana money, or process credit cards from those legal operations ands you might just find yourself losing your banking license.
So dozens of dispensaries in California and Colorado are desperately looking for places to bank and having little luck.
At the same time, California,Colorado, municipalities and even the Internal Revenue Service are looking to collect their share of taxes on those same monies. At least two medical marijuana provider centers in California have been hit with multimillion dollar back-tax orders.
So while the feds won't let providers put their money in banks and are trying desperately to prevent credit card processors from processing medical marijuana funds, they've also got their hand out for their share of those funds.
So are they gonna prosecute themselves for laundering drug money or what?

It would all be funny if people weren't dying and the prisons weren't full.

Throughout history, it has beeen proven there is only one way to deal with these people (psychopathic elite) that make our laws!

btw, keep on signing away LOL

heart cooks brain
10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
did you write that article?

ByTheWay,
10-20-2011, 08:24 AM
did you write that article?

no silly Peter Gorman did

PJandBompton
10-21-2011, 04:54 AM
ohhhhhhhh don't do it please don't do it

ramblinon
10-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Well fuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE

JebusLives
10-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Except it doesn't. wwwS.whitehouse.gov? I'm sure a petition that goes to absolutely no one will be highly effective.

The internet. Learn about it.

If the url was shitter.whitehouse.gov, it's the whitehouse's official shitter.

Suffacated
10-21-2011, 06:45 AM
did you write that article while at work?

fixed :)

ByTheWay,
10-21-2011, 08:09 AM
fixed :)

Wait...what...who...how'd you

o shit you guys watching me im being watched fuckfuckfuck

http://data.whicdn.com/images/4847648/tumblr_lbixr4iX6j1qzok8uo1_500_thumb.jpg?128924964 4[IMG]http://data.whicdn.com/images/4847648/tumblr_lbixr4iX6j1qzok8uo1_500_thumb.jpg?128924964 4

fucker I got wire

Suffacated
10-21-2011, 09:34 AM
and i got a link to the security cams... :thu

WhyTheLongFace
10-21-2011, 10:31 AM
All of the shops in Pomona shut down except one. It was like a zoo. Luckily I have one in Diamond Bar but the selection is mehh

obzen
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Damn, LA is next.

Mugwog
10-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Time to call your dealer.

WhyTheLongFace
12-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Anyone watch Weed Wars?

Goatchella
12-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah I watch that bullshit. Mite growing retards.

Fuck the clubs. Keep it co-op. private family co-op.
You don't need a license to grow or burn sage.
No other plant should be different. Handle your scandals.

Medical or recreational. If your an adult and our not hurting anyone...smoke herb and live your life. Love the life you live. Don't brag about it. Don't take advantage of people. Show compassion and healing.

ods..
12-16-2011, 12:50 PM
http://phaash.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/wook_original.jpg

Goatchella
12-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Super wook