PDA

View Full Version : Guy chokes a kid after being made fun of in Black Ops

phonographer
09-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't play Black Ops because of all the little punks, but this little kid had it coming. As said in one of the comments

"...what this guy did is inexcusable.

And awesome.

Awesomscuseable."

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/30/guy-chokes-a-kid-after-being-made-fun-of-in-black-ops-were/

Be sure to read the entire article, it's quite great.

CrimesceneCookie
09-30-2011, 11:17 AM
No, it's not.

It would have been, if the guy wasn't 43, a father of 3, unemployed and playing video games all day.

ballroomdancer22
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Anything is posssible

phonographer
09-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Watch what you say kiddies you just might be playing against a Mark Bradford >:D

nathanfairchild
09-30-2011, 11:32 AM
"I don't like what you have to say so I am going to physically harm you."

you don't see anything wrong with this kind of thinking?

ManImCool
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
The man was wrong to have put his hands on that kid.

He should have used a gun. And for those familiar with video-game tea-bagging, maybe he should have done some real life tea-bagging as well.

hangthedj112
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Only a video-game blog ran by fucking neckbeards would find some sort of ethical high-ground in "standing up" to xbox live trolls.

phonographer
09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
It is wrong, but that doesn't mean the kid didn't deserve it. A little extreme maybe.

Only a video-game blog ran by fucking neckbeards would find some sort of ethical high-ground in "standing up" to xbox live trolls.

I've met most of these guys and none of them have neckbeards and this was on Playstation. I do like how you assumed it was Xbox though.

nathanfairchild
09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
It is wrong, but that doesn't mean the kid didn't deserve it. A little extreme maybe.

no. pissing off some jobless loser who's sitting around playing video games all day doesn't mean you would ever deserve to get choked out.

ManImCool
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
When you act like a shithead to someone twice your size, they may try to kill you. Welcome to the last 2.5 million years of human evolution.___

hangthedj112
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM

I've met most of these guys and none of them have neckbeards and this was on Playstation. I do like how you assumed it was Xbox though.

Whatever online service it was is a moot point, as the fact still stands that any FPS you play on any online gaming service is going to populated with 12 year olds calling you a ******, that still doesn't add any sort of ethical high-ground upon which a full-grown man attacking a KID is something to be applauded...

phonographer
09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
no. pissing off some jobless loser who's sitting around playing video games all day doesn't mean you would ever deserve to get choked out.

But he was really Batman.

Dogvolta
09-30-2011, 12:21 PM
QFE

"When you act like a shithead to someone twice your size, they may try to kill you. Welcome to the last 2.5 million years of human evolution."

Wrong of the guy? Of course. Fair? No. Do pissy words warrant a little kid getting choked? Of course not. But then again:

"When you act like a shithead to someone twice your size, they may try to kill you. Welcome to the last 2.5 million years of human evolution."

M Sparks
09-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Can someone define "After the jump" for me? I see this all the time on blogs and there is almost never any sort of space/ad/picture/whateverthefuckajumpis after that line. Or, in this case, they imply that they are already past the jump, which appears to be a double space. Do we really need to be told to keep reading beyond a double space? My eyes can see that there are more words a half inch away.

Dogvolta
09-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Can someone define "After the jump" for me? I see this all the time on blogs and there is almost never any sort of space/ad/picture/whateverthefuckajumpis after that line. Or, in this case, they imply that they are already past the jump, which appears to be a double space. Do we really need to be told to keep reading beyond a double space? My eyes can see that there are more words a half inch away.

I think it has something to do with the "jump" being a link that leads you to the full article. And once you are reading the full article the "jump" line stays there. I don't know. Sounds dumb and I feel like it has always been a stupid thing.

I could be wrong though.

M Sparks
09-30-2011, 02:55 PM
^ DING DING...I went back to the front page of that site and you're absolutely right. I never actually go to any of those websites, just follow other people's links, so I could never figure it out.

Ron from the Ron & Fez Show now says what's coming up "after the jump" before going to commercial.

Grandma
09-30-2011, 03:07 PM
when you play video games wearing a headset, you're open to any ridicule a human being can throw at another. They're both shitheels.

MissingPerson
09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
I hate headsetting because everybody's jerks. I wish they weren't all jerks. Jerks who think I'm Mexican.

phonographer
09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Agreed both are jerks. I've never headsetted on a console before, but PC has been a pleasant experience, even though I've only played Bad Company 2 or maybe the Aussie's I talk with are just nicer than American gamers.

nathanfairchild
09-30-2011, 03:34 PM
headsetting on consoles is the worst. i gave it up years ago. don't mind it on pc though. fewer angry 12 year olds.

Starraven
09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I hate headsetting because everybody's jerks. I wish they weren't all jerks. Jerks who think I'm Mexican.

Wait, you're not Mexican?

phonographer
09-30-2011, 04:10 PM
She's a "missing person" chances are she is Mexican.

But yea no one should ever make light of choking a child...

NV42yt4O1ic

MissingPerson
09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Branding. I need to work on my branding.

JebusLives
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Whatever online service it was is a moot point, as the fact still stands that any FPS you play on any online gaming service is going to populated with 12 year olds calling you a ******, that still doesn't add any sort of ethical high-ground upon which a full-grown man attacking a KID is something to be applauded...

Thank you for taking a brave ethical stand here, good sir. Many of us were under the quite serious impression that child strangulation was justifiable under such extreme circumstances, but you've set us straight. Bravo.

Premium Roast
09-30-2011, 05:57 PM
when you play video games wearing a headset, you're open to any ridicule a human being can throw at another. They're both shitheels.

yeah, really. People on Madden are always asking for "Mic'd only" games, but why would I want to converse with you during the game? One guy playing with the Broncos was berating me for ten minutes at the tail end of his ass beating saying things like "Chargers ain't shit. If you ever come to Denver...". Had to turn off the surround sound. Lonely people out there.