PDA

View Full Version : Jane's Addiction @ Ford Theater Oct. 3rd and 4th

crombrenner
09-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Tickets sold out in one minute today. Who's in? I'm going on the 4th, can't wait to see them in such a small venue. Has anybody ever seen a show at the John Anson Ford Theater? Looks like a cool outdoor venue.

TallGuyCM
09-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I saw a play there a few months ago, it's a really cool little place. Hopefully the rest of the songs aren't as terribly generic as Irresistible Force is...

crombrenner
09-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I saw a play there a few months ago, it's a really cool little place. Hopefully the rest of the songs aren't as terribly generic as Irresistible Force is...

Agreed, as long as we get Whores, Ted Just Admit It, and Three Days I really don't care what new shit they play.

TallGuyCM
09-24-2011, 01:35 PM
If the Beatles never wrote A Day in the Life, Three Days would be my favorite song of all-time. They opened with it on the tour with NIN in '09, and it was good but came off a little flat. Didn't pack quite the punch it does on record.

algunz
09-24-2011, 09:42 PM
I love the Ford theater and am so sad I was unable to get tickets to this. :(

Sexecutioner
09-28-2011, 02:45 PM
If the Beatles never wrote A Day in the Life, Three Days would be my favorite song of all-time. They opened with it on the tour with NIN in '09, and it was good but came off a little flat. Didn't pack quite the punch it does on record.

Dude, really? A Day in the Life is good and all, but Three Days blows it out of the water. Three Days is easily the best song ever written. Nothing even comes close for me, especially that song. There are other Beatles songs better than that.

And Jane's is probably my all time favorite band, however I'm not sure I even want to see them anymore. They have turned into such a corporate suck machine, I think I'd rather keep my awesome memories of when they were all drugged up and didn't give a fuck. I think seeing an online stream of them playing at some Google event to a bunch of nerds with name tags on was the last straw for me. Sorry, not trying to take away from anybody's excitement though, I'm sure they'll still put on a great show.

TheRotten42
09-28-2011, 02:59 PM
this site has tickets, and they arent to much over face value.

http://theatrer.org/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1739281&event=Janes+Addiction&ppcsrc=8251409562&nid=1

I must have been asleep for a while becuase last I heard the show was the the Key Club, when did it move?

crombrenner
10-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Anybody know who's opening for them and what time Jane's goes on?

Errant
10-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I'd love to be able to make this. Don't have the funds atm, tho :(

algunz
10-03-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd love to be able to make this. Don't have the funds atm, tho :(

Same boat. This boat sucks.