PDA

View Full Version : HATE MAIL for KROQ

corbo
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
i was just bored and wrote this to them just now:

Hey guys,

What is the deal with concert tickets for shows you guys put on?
I tried to get 'The Shins' pre-sale tickets this morning,
i had like five windows opened, the second they went on sale i logged on to the page
and tried to purchase two tickets. This was all done within 20 seconds and surprisingly i
did not manage to get ONE fucking ticket.
The same thing happened when trying to get "Mars Volta" tickets
what is the fucking deal? do you only release like 20 tickets per show?..
why do i have to resolve to a fucking scalper every time i want to attend a show thats being presented
by YOU assholes!?
the real fans of these bands are getting screwed all so that all your trendy, 'fallout boy'-listening, emo, scenester
listeners can get tickets to go see a band they probably know nothing about
..being at the show talking bout' "ohh is this that band from garden state? theyre ok i guess"
fuck them! what about they people who've been listening to them since their first record
why do they have to get screwed
im not saying im their biggest fan
but shit! i want to be able to purchase tickets to go see a band i like
just sayin'

corbo

suprefan
03-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Your computer is slow and KROQ never reads this stuff...

gaypalmsprings
03-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah, upgrade to cable & a computer that is no more than 2 years old.

NoneForMeThanks
03-15-2007, 05:28 PM
The servers get hit hard when tickets go on sale. You'll get the "tickets unavailable" message even if tickets are available. Just keep trying. Also, having so many windows open will actually decrease your chances. Sometimes you will even get a message that asks you to close other browser windows logged into Ticketmaster. I got one the other day while looking for Police tickets.

Scalpers definitely make things difficult, but that's the fault of people that buy tickets from them. If you can't skip a show rather than pay a scalper, then don't complain.

If you don't get tickets, don't blame KROQ, Ticketmaster, or people that you deem undeserving of tickets. It's random. Don't take it personally.

blakely
03-15-2007, 05:35 PM
If you don't get tickets, don't blame KROQ, Ticketmaster, or people that you deem undeserving of tickets. It's random. Don't take it personally.

word...... if theres one thing our generation needs it a little more accountability....

psychic friend
03-15-2007, 07:00 PM
kroq doesnt put on shows (closest is inland invasion, weenie roast, acoustic xmas).

Ticketmaster sells tickets and you guys just have trouble visualizing the "virtual" line of people trying to get tickets.

ewiggy
03-15-2007, 07:05 PM
blame suprefan. it's easier that way.

thefunkylama
03-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Or Delta.

corbo
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
bean responded with this lol:

your note is very funny. I don't know what grade you are
in but ask your economics teacher about something called
"supply and demand." it will answer a lot of your questions.

bean

corbo
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
that fucking asshole.

psychic friend
03-15-2007, 08:10 PM
what an awesome answer!

C DUB YA
03-15-2007, 08:16 PM
All these stories I hear about KROQ makes me glad I live in Ohio.

blakely
03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
bean responded with this lol:

your note is very funny. I don't know what grade you are
in but ask your economics teacher about something called
"supply and demand." it will answer a lot of your questions.

bean

you just got "served".....

ThomThom
03-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm surprised you even got a response and in all honesty I'm glad you got the response you did, the last entity you should blame is KROQ, if I'm not mistaken they did that whole Foo Fighters "Everlong" thing for both nights of Acoustic Christmas to avoid scalpers from getting their filthy hands on tickets.

PrettyRagdoll
03-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Your computer sucks because I bought my Coachella 3-day pass and camping ticket through the Kroq pre-sale and like you I tried the exact moment they went on sale and GOT THEM. So don't blame KROQ

tessalasset
03-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Your computer sucks because I bought my Coachella 3-day pass and camping ticket through the Kroq pre-sale and like you I tried the exact moment they went on sale and GOT THEM. So don't blame KROQwhat does that have anything to do with the OP?

suprefan
03-15-2007, 11:43 PM
blame suprefan. it's easier that way.

I didnt even try to buy tickets to this so shut it... Everyone is gonna be pissed at me in a couple weeks if I am the only with with like DP, Moz and Rage tickets...

woogie846
03-16-2007, 05:41 AM
It really bugs me that KROQ sponsers Coachella when they really don't play many of the bands on the lineup. My crazy theory is that KROQ threatened Paul Tollett to pull out of sponsering if they didn't get RHCP.

caco0283
03-16-2007, 05:46 AM
It really bugs me that KROQ sponsers Coachella when they really don't play many of the bands on the lineup. My crazy theory is that KROQ threatened Paul Tollett to pull out of sponsering if they didn't get RHCP.

thats a retarded theory

BeeII
04-05-2007, 10:00 PM

that doesn't make any sense

but yeah, they hardly play any band at coachella.

kroqken
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
KROQ is the first station in the United States to have ever played "alternative music" before that term was even invented. I think WBCN in Boston played similar music not long after KROQ went on the air. Ticketmaster is a monopoly and I think the Democrats in Congress should investigate them and use antitrust laws as a basis.

DeltaSigChi4
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I might actually be to blame for part of this.

What show you're trying to go to?

I can get you face value tickets if you like. Anything to stop the bitching coming from you.

Whiner.

E

tessalasset
04-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Ken, you might as well be saying the same thing about MTV. That doesn't mean it's still good.

DeltaSigChi4
04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
MTV is the root of all evil.

E

kroqken
04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
KROQ is good sometimes, but they have a very broad audience to appeal to. They roughly target an 18 to 29 year old demographic, mostly white and Hispanic, but you got 13 years olds listening to it as well as 35 and 45 year olds. Also, there audience ranges from the San Fernando Valley to the Westside, Orange County to the Inland Empire and so many other areas. They play some indie music, but they also have to play emo, pop punk, some grunge, flashbacks, nu metal and other subgenres within "alternative music." It is a very delicate balancing act to run that station. I do think stations like Indie 103.1 are doing a good job to push KROQ to keep playing more indie and experimental music.

PineapplePete
04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
bean's assistant must be pissed off

JustSteve
04-06-2007, 12:15 AM
the amount of cussing in the op's "letter" caused me to tune out...being articulate in most cases goes a lot further in getting your point across.

canexplain
04-06-2007, 07:37 AM
the amount of cussing in the op's "letter" caused me to tune out...being articulate in most cases goes a lot further in getting your point across.

agree .. trite but true ... more bee's with honey ..... that was one thing that bugged me when i lived in LA ... sure everyone who is anyone hits that city for shows, but when you have a base of what maybe 12 million or so, anyone of note sells out just like that ... and that is becoming more common place these days everywhere .. with more disposable income, people go to more shows ... as a side bar, when they now show things like "the biggest opening movie ever " or "fastest selling cd the first week" , well dah, there are 10 x's as many people now to inflate those figures ... guess i sort of got off track ... i dont listen to the radio anyway .. cr****

TomAz
04-06-2007, 08:08 AM
KROQ is the first station in the United States to have ever played "alternative music" ...

I'm calling bullshit on this one. College radio was way ahead of you. KROQ was playing Lynyrd Skynryd while college radio was playing the "alternative" stuff.

canexplain
04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I always enjoyed “free form” radio back in the day but that is gone … you could put on a whole LP side and not have a break for the whole thing … I know the reason though that went away, it never made money … a lot of the stations simial (sp) cast one thing during the day prime time, then let us loose at night … and the only advertisers were head shops or surf shops (in Hawaii) .. that is where college radio has it over commercial stations, but even college stations have their share of advertisements … oh well, money seems to control everything … cr*****

JustSteve
04-06-2007, 02:48 PM
simial (sp) cast

simulcast?

canexplain
04-06-2007, 07:44 PM
simulcast?

tnx i am the worlds worst speller .. cr***

fober
04-06-2007, 07:53 PM
You'd think they were selling AIDS medicine or something the way people complain.

DeltaSigChi4
04-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I offered this douche face value tickets.

Maybe he just wanted to bitch, not actually go to the show.

Ban.

E

suprefan
04-06-2007, 07:57 PM
"Dear KROQ, sometimes you have let me down over the last 15 years of listening but last week you finally came through and let me win Morrissey tickets for the Holllywood Bowl show. I ask that you call me already so I can pick them up. And then, let me be able to call in for Radiohead tickets this year and WIN finally after getting caller 19 5 times since the year 2000 for those tickets, kthxbye."

corbo
04-06-2007, 08:05 PM
DeltaSigChi4 is a dirty fucking scalper

DeltaSigChi4
04-06-2007, 08:06 PM
And you'll not be going to the show.

How 'bout those apples?

E

corbo
04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
sell me shins tickets face value...and i will take it back

DeltaSigChi4
04-06-2007, 08:09 PM
What show do you want to go to?

There are a lot of Shins shows.

E

corbo
04-06-2007, 08:09 PM
orpheum theatre of course

DeltaSigChi4
04-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Of course? You don't even have a location under your stupid AV.

I don't have tickets avail at face value for that show.

E

corbo
04-06-2007, 08:13 PM
how much do you want for two tickets scalper?

DeltaSigChi4
04-06-2007, 08:15 PM
ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

E

corbo
04-06-2007, 08:31 PM
why am i wasting my time with this fucking monkey?

suprefan
04-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Because you dont wanna deal with e bay?

fober
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I will pay upwards of $13 for those tickets.

kroqken
04-08-2007, 03:09 AM
This is more sarcastic than the Arsenio Hall scene from "Amazon Women on the Moon."

bmack86
04-08-2007, 03:11 AM
There's a really creepy scalper who has greasy black hair, always wears a leather jacket, black pants and shades, and is always in front of LA area shows. I know somebody has to have seen this guy. Anyways, whenever I see Delta's name mentioned, I picture this guy. I'd be happy to know that it was really him.

DeltaSigChi4
04-08-2007, 07:22 AM
I reside in Las Vegas, numbnuts.

And my hair is dry. I blame the desert.

E

samiksha
04-08-2007, 08:01 AM
There's a really creepy scalper who has greasy black hair, always wears a leather jacket, black pants and shades, and is always in front of LA area shows. I know somebody has to have seen this guy. Anyways, whenever I see Delta's name mentioned, I picture this guy. I'd be happy to know that it was really him.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7636/mikeydamonerz5.jpg

this guy?

fatbastard
04-08-2007, 01:54 PM

this guy?

LOL

suprefan
04-08-2007, 01:57 PM

Yeah I know who you are talking about, its a leather trench coat actually.

this guy?

Damone has Van Halen tickets if you need em.

BeeII
04-09-2007, 09:48 AM

this guy?

rofl

kroqken
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
There is a band called Damone and they SUCK!

kroqken
11-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Now that KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Tickets will be on sale soon, and assuming it sells out, I wonder if the hate will return on the board. I doubt it because the new rules make it harder for scalpers to obtain them. Too bad there are not that many seats at the Gibson Ampitheatre.

jazzz
11-23-2008, 01:40 AM
KROQ hasn't been good for at least 23yrs! Rodney's show has been cut to about 15mins.. KROQ became the same type of station that they set out to destroy. It's a joke. Swedish Egil was smart to move on...

kroqken
11-23-2008, 01:42 AM
KROQ hasn't been good for at least 23yrs! Rodney's show has been cut to about 15mins.. KROQ became the same type of station that they set out to destroy. It's a joke. Swedish Egil was smart to move on...

Rodney is on for 3 hours, albeit on a shitty time slot. the DJ I miss the most is Jim "Poorman" Trenton. He has a website at http://www.poorman.com I talk to him about once or twice a year.

jazzz
11-23-2008, 01:51 AM
well that fucking sucks cos' I grew up with Rodney and it was Sat. 8-12 Sun. 8-12 and have many great archives on tape... I never liked the Poorman... too much a oc wanker. Freddy Snakeskin was much better.. or The Freeze. Even Wild Bill was better then Poorman. Fuck Kroq.

kroqken
11-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Poorman was funny and you never knew what he would say. I miss John Frost. April Whitney was okay. Dusty Street sounded like she should be a classic rock DJ. Scott Mason lacked a personality (and I heard he is a major asshole). Richard Blade is a nice guy, but lacks a sense of humor. Lewis Largent sounded stoned. The "Virgin" Kennedy was the worst DJ on that station and I was glad she left after a short time. If anyone is wondering what has happened to any other KROQ DJs, go to http://www.laradio.com and click on "where are they now?"

kroqken
11-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I still cannot find out if Jed the Fish left KROQ, is on hiatus, vacation, or why he has not been on the air for a month.