08-30-2011, 12:43 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a38/Bnoon/81ccf379.png

And we ain't even done yet...

GET PUMPED

Z4vxDjAR1es

OZvguZLIQn8

knytt
08-30-2011, 01:03 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/revmyspace/freegraphics/sports/College_UCLA_Bruins.jpg

Hoping freshman year is a good one!

rag and bone
08-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Sean Miller's recruiting has been beastly since his arrival in the desert.

Furthermore, I'm reeeeally looking forward to this season. With Andre Drummond now heading to UConn the amount of NBA talent this year is outstanding.

Gribbz
08-30-2011, 10:47 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/fazendind/arizona_wildcats.gif

Sean Miller's recruiting has been beastly since his arrival in the desert.

SC6HY47LjJU

tyles
08-30-2011, 11:12 AM
http://www.peoplequiz.com/images/quizzes/Kansas-Jayhawks-fo-5182.gif

Aurgasm
08-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Glad the KU and UCLA fans posted. You guys realize you're the ones hurting the most from Sean Miller's brilliance?

Not that Arizona basketball ever went away, but we're going to be in the mix for championships for years to come. Very exciting times. And all of our games will be on national television, so all you bitch ass UNC and Duke bandwagooneers can watch too.

Hope you're all ready for a lot of this next year:
http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-basketball/articles/2011/02/~/media/6005789B6DF3459A962878A680B260AA.ashx

rag and bone
08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Nick Johnson is going to be so much fun to watch. Can't wait.

knytt
08-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Glad the KU and UCLA fans posted. You guys realize you're the ones hurting the most from Sean Miller's brilliance?

Haha, nope. This is my first year actually following college basketball outside of the Final Four. But if that's true then I hate Sean Miller. Boo.

tyles
08-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Should be an interesting year for KU, considering they should have a tougher regular season schedule than last year. Also kinda glad they are not as highly ranked going in, as I find that being highly ranked in the preseason is pretty overrated.

BlueDevil50
08-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Duke...can't wait to avenge that AZ upset. For some reason, you fans irk me as much as UNC fans.

TommyboyUNM
08-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Duke...can't wait to avenge that AZ upset. For some reason, you fans irk me as much as UNC fans.

It wasn't an upset. dook was just extremely overrated, as they are almost every single year, and got their asses kicked by a better team. Good luck relying on a shot-happy freshman to be your best player. And THREE Plumlees to anchor the inside game. You're fucked.

BlueDevil50
08-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Blah, blah, blah....new year, same ol' Tommy. And it was an upset, check your definition.

Aurgasm
09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
http://showmetears.com/special/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DukeCrying.jpg'

You seem to forget what happened that night.

TommyboyUNM
09-01-2011, 08:26 AM
That's a great picture. Hah.

And it wasn't an upset. I don't care what the seeds say. If you watch college basketball, you'll know just how much parity there really was last year. The term "upset" is so overused. Use the eye test and you'll figure out that there aren't as many upsets as the media likes to claim. They just say cliche things like that for the drama. There are some who call a 9 beating an 8 an upset. That's just ridiculous, but it's said all the time. The only real upset I can think of past the first weekend was VCU beating Kansas in the Elite 8.

tl;dr - dook sucks

Aurgasm
09-01-2011, 08:27 AM
SWf06UCkDfU

and for mr. ucla noob, this says it all:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/state/california/class/2012/view/state

knytt
09-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Holy shit that's impressive.

tyles
09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
That's a great picture. Hah.

And it wasn't an upset. I don't care what the seeds say. If you watch college basketball, you'll know just how much parity there really was last year. The term "upset" is so overused. Use the eye test and you'll figure out that there aren't as many upsets as the media likes to claim. They just say cliche things like that for the drama. There are some who call a 9 beating an 8 an upset. That's just ridiculous, but it's said all the time. The only real upset I can think of past the first weekend was VCU beating Kansas in the Elite 8.

tl;dr - dook sucks

Yeah, that was horrible.

Pixiessp
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
My favorite time of year is approaching.

GO TARHEELS!!

Aurgasm
09-01-2011, 01:04 PM
KU has a history of losing to mid majors in the tournament. While I can't say I expected to VCU to beat KU, it came at no surprise. Bill Self simply isn't that good of coach; there, I said it. And from what I read on KU fansites, it seems many fans agree with me. The dude is so desperate he just offered a two star juco transfer from Florida... this is while he's trying to recruit TK; he doesn't seem so confident to me. With that said KU has a great tradition and will always field good teams.

I'm really looking forward to:
Zona vs Gonzaga (Seattle)
Zona vs Florida (Gainesville)
Zona vs ASU (Tucson)

GuyInTucson
09-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I am going to laugh when UCLA fans find out how much the Wear twins suck.

tyles
09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
KU has a history of losing to mid majors in the tournament. While I can't say I expected to VCU to beat KU, it came at no surprise. Bill Self simply isn't that good of coach; there, I said it. And from what I read on KU fansites, it seems many fans agree with me. The dude is so desperate he just offered a two star juco transfer from Florida... this is while he's trying to recruit TK; he doesn't seem so confident to me. With that said KU has a great tradition and will always field good teams.

I'm really looking forward to:
Zona vs Gonzaga (Seattle)
Zona vs Florida (Gainesville)
Zona vs ASU (Tucson)

KU won the whole tournament in 2008, and time before that was 1988, so I expect the next time to be by 2028. In the meantime, I will enjoy giving my hopes up.

Also, interested to see how the Morris twins do in the NBA... whenever that's going to be back up and running.

Aurgasm
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
7LZgEj3U9EM

Hey Bluedevil bandwagoneer, I bet your boy Singler is out in Spain getting humiliated just like he does in this video.

Still-ill
09-02-2011, 12:19 AM
SWf06UCkDfU

and for mr. ucla noob, this says it all:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/state/california/class/2012/view/state
That was him then, this is him now. (http://www.pointguardu.com/content/brandon-ashley-summer-mixtape-1041/)

My dad and I went to an AAU tournament to check out Josiah and Nick w/ the Soldiers last year, and actually afterwards felt that the best player on the floor was Ashley. That's saying a god damned lot...

Still-ill
09-02-2011, 12:23 AM
So basically if we land Tarc, we're cheating? The internet doesn't seem to want to accept Arizona landing the top talent. If this were UNC no one would bat an eye. It's irregular to stack the frontcourt like this, sure... but it's happened plenty of times in the back court.

edit: I'd link an article concerning this, but I'd have to link every Udub, Kansas, UCLA, and Kentucky site on the net.

Aurgasm
09-02-2011, 07:51 AM
I don't like Tarc whatsoever. I'd rather take Upshaw or House.. And if I was Miller I'd call up Shabazz and be all, "Let's win a fucking championship"

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
My goodness, UofA fans can be insufferable...

apostle2
09-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Worse than Duke/UNC fans, easily.

Gribbz
09-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Yawn.

boarderwoozel3
09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit 'A' ^^^

Gribbz
09-02-2011, 09:14 AM
What can I say? Your trolling is boring. If being excited about top recruits makes me "insufferable" then so be it.

tyles
09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I just want the season to start already. When ESPN or whomever are playing games from the previous season late at night and you sit and watch like it was something you hadn't just seen several months ago, you know you are missing your college basketball more than you thought... not that I have done that or anything.

Aurgasm
09-02-2011, 10:58 AM

I'd say the same thing if my team was comprised of dipshit rapists and pimps and my opponents were doing really really well.

Not worse than UK fans though.

Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit 'A' ^^^

Your contribution to this thread is astounding. We know we're boisterous, there's a lot to be excited about. I watched UofA hoops since i was baby and when i got there i sat through 3 different coaches (granted, we still went to the tourney) and then left right when Miller came in. I'm fucking PUMPED. This season is going to be really fun all together. I look forward to conference play in all conferences and this tournament is gonna get nuts!!!

GuyInTucson
09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
That was him then, this is him now. (http://www.pointguardu.com/content/brandon-ashley-summer-mixtape-1041/)

My dad and I went to an AAU tournament to check out Josiah and Nick w/ the Soldiers last year, and actually afterwards felt that the best player on the floor was Ashley. That's saying a god damned lot...

If only it were true. Josiah Turner is the best PG UA has had in years. Ashley is good, but he needs to add muscle or hit jumpers or he'll get eaten alive in college.

GuyInTucson
09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
So basically if we land Tarc, we're cheating? The internet doesn't seem to want to accept Arizona landing the top talent. If this were UNC no one would bat an eye. It's irregular to stack the frontcourt like this, sure... but it's happened plenty of times in the back court.

edit: I'd link an article concerning this, but I'd have to link every Udub, Kansas, UCLA, and Kentucky site on the net.

It's basically to the point that Miller is landing the majority of the recruits he targets. Even if they don't land Tarc, there are two other big men they are targeting that would be solid additions. They plan on adding another big man regardless of landing Tarc or not.

If Miller knows he isn't going to land someone, he stops pursuing. It happened with Josh Selby, Doron Lamb in the past and now Shabazz Muhammad this summer.He doesn't waste his time and he knows how to talk to kids. They still think they have a legit shot with Tarc.

Aurgasm
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Ajay is saying that book and coach miller had a great talk with him yesterday... lol

sounds good to me

GuyInTucson
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Ajay is saying that book and coach miller had a great talk with him yesterday... lol

sounds good to me

I heard about that. It wasn't as "great" as they make it out to be. It was solid, but they only say it's "great" because he didn't list KU is the leader.

Aurgasm
09-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Yea, oh well. I guess we'll find out. Like I said, I'm not a huge Tarc fan.

So what's with everyone voting Cal for tops in the Pac 12? I mean Crabbe and Gutierrez are nice, but what else do they have that makes them a contender?

GuyInTucson
09-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Their coach but they won't win the conference. People predicting them to win are nuts. It's basically UCLA, UW and Arizona. Cal may be solid but I doubt they even finish in the top 3.

Aurgasm
09-02-2011, 02:38 PM
What about out in the Big East? I mean, us West Coasters are forced to watch that shit whether we like it or not.

I'm guessing- UCONN, PITT and Ville?? I'm totally guessing on the last two. Cuse has to be around, right?

Still-ill
09-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I don't like Tarc whatsoever. I'd rather take Upshaw or House.. And if I was Miller I'd call up Shabazz and be all, "Let's win a fucking championship"

Why don't you like Tarc? A 7 footer with an NBA ready body with excellent footwork? Although I will say I was once pro-Upshaw as well, and only recently switched.

Still-ill
09-06-2011, 12:53 AM
If only it were true. Josiah Turner is the best PG UA has had in years. Ashley is good, but he needs to add muscle or hit jumpers or he'll get eaten alive in college.

I don't think it's actually that critical for him to put on weight, seeing as he'll be playing on the wing plenty. He just needs to start practicing against stiffer competition from what I've heard, it's become too easy for him on the AAU circuit. He's too quick and agile for the big guys, and too long for the smaller ones.

Jerrett on the other hand definitely needs some weight.

Aurgasm
09-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Why don't you like Tarc? A 7 footer with an NBA ready body with excellent footwork? Although I will say I was once pro-Upshaw as well, and only recently switched.

A predisposed dislike of the white 7 footer eurocenter + I've not actually heard much positive stuff about him other than his NBA-type body.

He just sounds like dead weight. I hope im completely wrong in the case that he comes to Zona.

I'm serious though about my previous statement. Someone like Shabazz Muhammed knows he's only going to be in the NCAA for one year. He needs someone who can develop him for the NBA. He wants to win a championship.

Knowing those three things, no matter how behind Miller and Zona are in his recruitment, don't you think it'd be worth throwing out a few messages to him saying, "Lets win a championship."? I played HS basketball and never even thought about DI, but if i was in Shabazz's shoes I'd definitely consider the idea. He knows everyone on our team, we're going to win and we'd be super close to home for him...

i dunno... just a thought

Aurgasm
09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/03/jayhawk.jpg

This

Still-ill
09-06-2011, 09:31 PM
He just sounds like dead weight. I hope im completely wrong in the case that he comes to Zona.

I'm serious though about my previous statement. Someone like Shabazz Muhammed knows he's only going to be in the NCAA for one year. He needs someone who can develop him for the NBA. He wants to win a championship.

Knowing those three things, no matter how behind Miller and Zona are in his recruitment, don't you think it'd be worth throwing out a few messages to him saying, "Lets win a championship."? I played HS basketball and never even thought about DI, but if i was in Shabazz's shoes I'd definitely consider the idea. He knows everyone on our team, we're going to win and we'd be super close to home for him...

i dunno... just a thought

His father believes that UCLA can sell Shabazz's brand better than Arizona apparently. He's all about the hype, he said that if Tarc commits to U of A, then he'll definitely land in the Pac himself. If Kyle Anderson also commits to UCLA, that's a lot of hype for the pac 12, and Shabazz would be the face of all of that hype. Amazingly, that would mean the #1, #3, #4, #6, and #9 players would land in our conference. We should just be grateful that the talent on the west coast has finally come back around, and be thankful that we have the pipeline from Findlay Prep and the Oakland soldiers firmly pumping.

boarderwoozel3
09-06-2011, 09:32 PM
UW's 2012 class is so explosive we can't even announce it yet.

Still-ill
09-06-2011, 09:33 PM
lol

edit:
UW always seems to pull at least one notable prospect though. I wouldn't worry about it, hell Jabari motherfucking Parker and Aaron Gordon are strongly considering UW in 2013.

boarderwoozel3
09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
True, but that usually entails wooing a local or at least NW prospect. There's little or no top flight talent coming out of the NW in the next two years.

If one of those two ended up in Seattle I'd be thrilled.

tyles
09-06-2011, 10:42 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/03/jayhawk.jpg

This

Well, we'll see how things are at the end of March...

Still-ill
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Your team is kinda crappy this year.

Aurgasm
09-08-2011, 03:21 PM
They have the amazing Jeff Withey!!!!

GuyInTucson
09-08-2011, 04:28 PM
They have the amazing Jeff Withey!!!!

If you could only see the post his mom made after Lute retired. Nice kid, but his family is one giant collective piece of shit.

Aurgasm
09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
What'd she say?

And i'm really hoping this tarc shit is over fast; i dont want him Zona and i feel we should be paying more attention to the current team than trippin over some big stooge.

rag and bone
09-09-2011, 10:48 AM
If you could only see the post his mom made after Lute retired. Nice kid, but his family is one giant collective piece of shit.

I'm extremely interested in reading this. Where might I find it?

Aurgasm
09-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Google "Jeff Withey, Mom, Bitch"

Gribbz
09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Hahahaha. I forgot about Withey. I wonder if he has any regrets...

GuyInTucson
09-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm extremely interested in reading this. Where might I find it?

It's in the archives of a premium board. You'd have to sign up, pay for a subscription and then figure out a way to find the post because Rivals.com's message boards suck.

GuyInTucson
09-09-2011, 11:19 AM
What'd she say?

And i'm really hoping this tarc shit is over fast; i dont want him Zona and i feel we should be paying more attention to the current team than trippin over some big stooge.

In a nutshell: "I am Jeff Withey's mom and he's so fucking great at basketball that Lute Olson himself should have contacted me to tell me he was sick and retiring before deciding to actually retire."

She's really a wack job.

Aurgasm
09-09-2011, 12:44 PM
In a nutshell: "I am Jeff Withey's mom and he's so fucking great at basketball that Lute Olson himself should have contacted me to tell me he was sick and retiring before deciding to actually retire."

She's really a wack job.

Her son hasn't done shit at KU, either...

Will he start this year?

GuyInTucson
09-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Her son hasn't done shit at KU, either...

Will he start this year?

No clue.

Still-ill
09-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Probably not.

It doesn't look like we're getting Tarc, which is a shame. Although I am curious why there is some sort of weird collective thought that he sucks around Tucson... I don't get why he's being tagged with the tall-clumsy-bumbling-whiteboy archetype. He's got a high ceiling, and he already has quite a bit more skill than your average highschool big man. Not to mention he is a legit 7 footer, and any 7 footer with an inkling of skill is a blessing on the college level, where the legit 5 is a rarity.

Aurgasm
09-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Fuck him and his stupid face. He's not Arizona material. Let him rot in Kansas.

Danuel House and Robert Upshaw are WAYYYYYYYYYYY better gets imo.

Still-ill
09-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't think House is even an option, and Upshaw is a long ways away from committing. Otherwise, we just go forward with what we've got, which is tremendous. We already have a great stable of big men with Sidiki, Chol, Ashley, Natyazhko and Jerrett.

Aurgasm
09-10-2011, 09:56 AM
And Kreal and Tree this year... i hear tree is feeling good and ready to bang with the big guys at UCLA. We don't need him to score or anything.

Yea. So if we settle on this class we save a scholarship which adds to the returned scholarship in '13.

What's everyone think.. Nate Britt? Are there any other PGs out there looking at the Zona?

Still-ill
09-10-2011, 10:56 PM
I like Nate Britt. The Harrison Twins are looking at U of A, but EVERYONE wants them, so that's a stretch.

TommyboyUNM
09-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Arizona Circle Jerk Thread

knytt
09-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Arizona Circle Jerk Thread

This. I'm hoping for an early loss just to deflate the egos a bit.

Gribbz
09-11-2011, 12:06 AM
This. I'm hoping for an early loss just to deflate the egos a bit.

Solid contribution. Who are you a fan of again?

knytt
09-11-2011, 12:14 AM
UCLA!

Gribbz
09-11-2011, 12:25 AM
It appears that only UA fans are posting in here... makes sense that our basketball program is what we usually talk about.

UCLA!
Good. You should make some conversation instead of just complaining about Arizona fans.
Anyway, predicting a big year for Joshua Smith?

knytt
09-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Fair enough. I guess I'm exposed to college football douchebags too often to pick out the just plain enthusiastic ones.

As for Joshua Smith, if he can keep the weight off, I can see UCLA benefiting huge from having a center like him. But if he can't, I could see them slipping up just like last year. Still, I think it's a good start. I'm excited to be going to UCLA for the beginning of rebuilding, it'd be nice if they could make a run of it in a couple years. Not with Arizona doing the recruiting they have been though.. so props on that you smug fucker ;)

Gribbz
09-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Fair enough. I guess I'm exposed to college football douchebags too often to pick out the just plain enthusiastic ones.

As for Joshua Smith, if he can keep the weight off, I can see UCLA benefiting huge from having a center like him. But if he can't, I could see them slipping up just like last year. Still, I think it's a good start. I'm excited to be going to UCLA for the beginning of rebuilding, it'd be nice if they could make a run of it in a couple years. Not with Arizona doing the recruiting they have been though.. so props on that you smug fucker ;)

Right on. Considering our team has lost some heart breakers in the past, I try to hold my smugness to a minimum. There's just a lot to be excited about...

Also, I always saw Smith's size/weight as an advantage. We had some trouble putting a body on him this year. I think he'll be a fucking beast by his senior year (assuming he stays that long).

EDIT* Pauly Pavilion is no more, right? I think I recall reading something about a new gym...

knytt
09-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Well his weight can be an advantage for sure, it's the possible fluctuation that scares me more than anything. If he gets under control, which I'm sure he will, we'll just be hoping he stays till senior year.

And yeah that's the only bummer. Our games are split between the L.A Sports Arena and the Honda Center while Pauly gets rebuilt. Which is gonna take forever from what I hear. That's the UCLA norm though, forever under construction.

Pixiessp
09-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Arizona really does look solid this year. I look forward to seeing them in action.

CuervoPH
09-11-2011, 04:58 PM
I hope ESPN announces soon when the 24 Hours of College Basketball will be scheduled. I need to request time off work for that.

Aurgasm
09-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Wow... UCLA just landed Kyle Anderson and are in the lead for Shabbazz Muhammad. Both one and dones but it will be an interesting year.

boarderwoozel3
09-20-2011, 04:18 PM
I really, really, REALLY dislike how these football-led conference realignments are torpedoing basketball. Poppycock.

I hope ESPN announces soon when the 24 Hours of College Basketball will be scheduled. I need to request time off work for that.

Citadel v Alaska tech won't watch itself at 3am...

rag and bone
09-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Wow... UCLA just landed Kyle Anderson and are in the lead for Shabbazz Muhammad. Both one and dones but it will be an interesting year.

DraftExpress disagress:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/everythingraindrops/Screenshot2011-09-20at42149PM.png

CuervoPH
09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I must admit I napped a bit last year when Bobby Mo and Kent State played at 8:00 am.

Aurgasm
09-21-2011, 08:51 AM
DraftExpress disagress:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/everythingraindrops/Screenshot2011-09-20at42149PM.png

I guess we'll wait and see! He won't be getting to the rim with our frontcourt so he better work on his shooting. 8^P

Aurgasm
09-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Kevin Parrom was shot in the leg last night in NYC.

Still-ill
10-23-2011, 01:16 AM
After watching the Red-Blue game, I must say I think we're even better this year. We relied a lot on one player last year every game, yet somehow he made it happen game in and game out. Much more balanced, we'll probably lose more games this year, but I feel like we're tougher to defend and maybe a little tougher defensively. NJ is a baller, Josiah is fucking fast, and Chol and Sidiki can make a little bit of the impact. The returners have all improved a lot. It's gonna be fun. Everyone has had us in the "most overrated" category going in to the season, which isn't unfounded, but I think we'll be great this year.

Pixiessp
10-23-2011, 01:29 AM
UNC is ranked #1 in the nation. Y'all probably already know that.
Just wanted to mention it. :)

Aurgasm
10-26-2011, 02:46 PM
After watching the Red-Blue game, I must say I think we're even better this year. We relied a lot on one player last year every game, yet somehow he made it happen game in and game out. Much more balanced, we'll probably lose more games this year, but I feel like we're tougher to defend and maybe a little tougher defensively. NJ is a baller, Josiah is fucking fast, and Chol and Sidiki can make a little bit of the impact. The returners have all improved a lot. It's gonna be fun. Everyone has had us in the "most overrated" category going in to the season, which isn't unfounded, but I think we'll be great this year.

HOLY BALLS SIDIKI JOHNSON IS A BEAST. Dude was hitting threes, turn around jumpers, battling for bounds... I'm very impressed with him and I think it's way too early, but I do see him developing his turnaround and perimeter game as did a certain number 23. I'm very impressed.

Losing KP is a big loss. But he's with the team and can be back playing within a month if things go well.

Pac 12- Tony Wroten Jr. is legit, UCLA's post presence will be dangerous and watch out for Oregon's defense. Super excited about this season.

Did UNC lose anyone of importance this past season? You guys will be good but you'll fail in the postseason (xo)

Anybody else out there want to talk hoops? Pac 12 or not! Hey Momo Jones is playing for Iona this year; I hear they're going to be outstanding! What else....

oh it looks like UA has a legit shot at this Kaleb Tarczewski kid from NH. Grant Jerrett, Brand Ashley and Zeus would make the best front court in the country. Zona's looking good. 8^)

GuyInTucson
10-26-2011, 02:51 PM
I honestly don't like Tarczewski but you won't see me post that anywhere else but here. Could ruffle some feathers with some folks. He admitted to having conifidence issues and he's a lug around the basket. I trust Miller can get the most out of him if he chooses UA, but I just don't have the most confidence in 7-foot white guys who play soft around the basket. Andre Drummond made him look like Kirk Walters in Vegas.

Aurgasm
10-26-2011, 03:08 PM
I honestly don't like Tarczewski but you won't see me post that anywhere else but here. Could ruffle some feathers with some folks. He admitted to having conifidence issues and he's a lug around the basket. I trust Miller can get the most out of him if he chooses UA, but I just don't have the most confidence in 7-foot white guys who play soft around the basket. Andre Drummond made him look like Kirk Walters in Vegas.

hahahahahahaha! Hey man, you know where I stand on this. I'd rather take in some wings; but oh well, fuck it. you know what Ajay said, think he's zeus is ours. Whatever that means...

Somewhat Damaged
10-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Hey Momo Jones is playing for Iona this year; I hear they're going to be outstanding! What else....

Whoa, seriously? I hadn't heard he left. What was his reasoning?

GuyInTucson
10-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Whoa, seriously? I hadn't heard he left. What was his reasoning?

Officially? He was "homesick" and wanted to be closer to NY.

The real reason? He didn't want to battle with Josiah Turner and Jordin Mayes for starters minutes and he was basically nudged out the door when he was caught drinking in the locker room. He had almost transfered after his freshman year but decided to give it another go.

GuyInTucson
10-26-2011, 04:39 PM
hahahahahahaha! Hey man, you know where I stand on this. I'd rather take in some wings; but oh well, fuck it. you know what Ajay said, think he's zeus is ours. Whatever that means...

It means that his big mouth could potentially cost Arizona another recruit. What that idiot doesn't realize is that when he goes public with info like that (calling Tarc a silent commit when in reality he isn't), other schools have insiders in the media that pay attention to that and KU has put more pressure on the Tarc recruitment since then. I still think Arizona has an excellent shot but that guy needs to learn when to shut the fuck up about stuff. He's more concerned with "beating the competition" than providing legit information and helping the basketball program. The sad thing is that he has been able to establish connections over the years and he burns almost every bridge he crosses.

I think I told you that he almost single-handedly cost the team the Josiah Turner commitment. Turner was locked in to Arizona for at least two-to-three months before he officially committed but his dumbass sent media coverage to an event with Turner where media wasn't allowed. Doris Ward (Turner's mother) saw the guy there and totally lost it. Turner almost went to another school (Kansas or UCLA were still involved) because of it.

boarderwoozel3
10-26-2011, 09:01 PM

This must be a first draft with the official version to come later--they've mistakenly omitted Washington.... ........ .

Like Aurgasm mentioned earlier Tony Worten Jr. should be a good one, but Terrance Ross is our stud. By all accounts he's primed for a big year and could be NBA bound already. We also lost our three top scorers in Thomas, Bryan-Amaning, and Holliday--the latter two being our two best defenders. I'm not sure what to make of this Washington team so I'll maintain a policy of cautious optimism until we can reassess things at the beginning of conference play.

Still-ill
10-27-2011, 01:19 AM
Tarc is a good get. Is he going to end up being the 7th best basketball in his class 20 years down the road when we look back? No, probably not. But he is probably the 7th best college basketball prospect because of his superior size and fluidity, making him a can't miss impact prospect. And don't hold it against him because Drummond made him look bad, Drummond makes everyone look bad.

GuyInTucson
10-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Tarc is a good get. Is he going to end up being the 7th best basketball in his class 20 years down the road when we look back? No, probably not. But he is probably the 7th best college basketball prospect because of his superior size and fluidity, making him a can't miss impact prospect. And don't hold it against him because Drummond made him look bad, Drummond makes everyone look bad.

I know all of this. I have covered / scouted Tarc in person before. I was not impressed with much. He was maybe the third or fourth big man I saw all weekend behind Drummond, Upshaw and junior Brian Bridgewater.... and Bridgewater is 6'6". He also openly admitted after his struggles in Vegas that he has confidence issues.

He is far from a "can't miss" prospect. He'll be fortunate to crack the rotation in his freshman year and will have to battle for time as a sophomore (I've even heard that he could potentially redshirt his first year). He won't beat out Chol, Sidiki, Ashley, Jerrett or even Kyryl right away.

Miller likes the guy so I will trust him assuming he can land him, but Tarc is probably one of, if not THE most overrated prospect in the 2012 class. He is just another Jeff Withey in my eyes.

Still-ill
10-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I hear ya.
I'd argue Withey, has been horribly handled, and his own mindset has killed him. He COULD have been quite good, but he never developed because of the situation he created for himself. He's a project, every 7'0 HS senior not named Andre Drummond will be.

boarderwoozel3
10-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey now, Spencer Hawes did quite well for himself as a 7' freshman.

boarderwoozel3
10-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Better watch out for mighty Seattle Pacific University this year, apparently. First time SPU ever beat a PAC 12 opponent.

GuyInTucson
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey now, Spencer Hawes did quite well for himself as a 7' freshman.

Hawes could also hit the outside shot. Tarczewski can't.

rag and bone
10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Obzen??

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/everythingraindrops/Screenshot2011-10-28at80014PM.png

Still-ill
10-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Better watch out for mighty Seattle Pacific University this year, apparently. First time SPU ever beat a PAC 12 opponent.

Lol.

Aurgasm
10-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Obzen??

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/everythingraindrops/Screenshot2011-10-28at80014PM.png

I'm a latent cardinals fan myself (from my Louisville days) and this is a huge bummer for Ville. I'm shocked they were still ranked so high in preseason polls after this loss.

Well nobody likes to lose but I see good things coming out of this. We're still going to fuck Washington up this year, so you can keep your smug mutt mouth shut.

Aurgasm
10-31-2011, 02:11 PM
and we landed Tarczewski.

not sold on him... but oh well, good things.

GuyInTucson
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
They may not be done yet either.

ods..
10-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Keep an eye out for Shabazz Muhammad.. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/72514/shabazz-muhammad

Graduating from my old high school in Vegas, number 1 prospect for his position. So dope.

edit: searched the thread, saw you guys have been talking about him, nvm. But yeah he's sick.

GuyInTucson
10-31-2011, 03:22 PM
He's the best player in his class. He's a one and done player and probably the top pick in next year's draft.

ods..
10-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Seriously love it. Kid was slamming all over the place as a Freshman (when I saw him play). Excited to see him play in college and the NBA.

rag and bone
10-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Year of the Shabazzes

Gribbz
10-31-2011, 11:49 PM
A lot of my KU friends are extremely butt hurt. Good to be a Wildcat.

boarderwoozel3
11-01-2011, 12:09 PM
What's the beef between Zona and Kansas?

After doing a little poking around it appears Shabazz is headed to one of the LA schools, UK, or Duke. If he's not at WA I say keep him the hell away from the PAC 12.

GuyInTucson
11-01-2011, 12:17 PM

After doing a little poking around it appears Shabazz is headed to one of the LA schools, UK, or Duke. If he's not at WA I say keep him the hell away from the PAC 12.

They just have a lot of battles on the recruiting war and lately a few of the recruits that KU thought they had locked down or a really good shot at (Josiah Turner, Brandon Ashley and now Tarczewski) all chose to go to Arizona.

It probably doesn't help KU's case that Bill Self is a total jerk-off.

tyles
11-01-2011, 07:25 PM
kusports.com had the score tonight's Jayhawk exhibition game against Pitt State reversed. Great anger ensued. For a full 15 minutes, I was thinking that it was going to be an incredibily LONG season.

Aurgasm
11-02-2011, 05:48 AM
kusports.com had the score tonight's Jayhawk exhibition game against Pitt State reversed. Great anger ensued. For a full 15 minutes, I was thinking that it was going to be an incredibily LONG season.

KU basketball is over.

Bear Down

Still-ill
11-03-2011, 01:27 AM

I disagree, we need to hog the talent.

Aurgasm
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
I disagree, we need to hog the talent.

Agreed. I want the Pac 12 to be THE conference.

ESPN just helped big time.

boarderwoozel3
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
When the Pac is strong that usually entails UofA and UCLA kicking ass with a rotating supporting cast. The ugly truth is that Udub has a better chance of success when the conference is "down." I was just being selfish :)

Gribbz
11-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm really not sold on UCLA at all.

rag and bone
11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
UCLA and UA is the team with no guards vs. the team with no bigs. Should be interesting.

Aurgasm
11-07-2011, 11:05 AM
ARIZONA BASKETBALL STARTS IN JUST A MATTER OF HOURS!

Rosemont17
11-07-2011, 11:18 AM
my favorite team is the georgetown hoyas and we are gonna suck ass this year! but gonna watch every game!!!! love college hoops!!

Pixiessp
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Can't wait for Friday. UNC vs. MSU. On an aircraft carrier, to boot. :thu

GuyInTucson
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
UCLA and UA is the team with no guards vs. the team with no bigs. Should be interesting.

?? UA has guards AND bigs.

The only things Arizona has issues with are finding a go-to guy and developing its youth. Both of those should come with time this year. Sean Miller is a mad scientist.

rag and bone
11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
There's bigger guys on the roster but I don't really see them having a front court to be reckoned with. Natyazhko and Perry are fairly limited. I love Solomon's game but don't know he'll be a go to guy matching up against reeves nelson and/or joshua smith. Is Sidiki Johnson expected to make much of an impact this year?

rag and bone
11-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Against my own point although granted it was against lesser competition, Chol showed some promise tonight. Didn't know much about him previously.

C DUB YA
11-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Sully in da house. Gonna be a fun season to watch.

http://www.insidethehall.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/jaredsullinger101111.jpg

UADUDE
11-07-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm so excited to have found this discussion. :D

Still-ill
11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Chol is a freak athletically, and he has a better offensive game then I think he's given credit for. The defense looked pretty solid tonight, and those shots will start falling for turner... No one can stop him from getting inside, he's so quick.

Chillzzz
11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
After watching the game last night Chol is going to play a bigger role than I thought he would and Sidiki Johnson is probably going to play a smaller role than I originally thought. Zona is going to have great perimeter defense with their depth of athletic guards but need Parrom to get back healthy when they play bigger wings.

Chillzzz
11-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Not many reasons to watch Auburn basketball but here's a huge one, watch out for Shaquille Johnson coming to a sports centers top 10 near you.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3kVNs7nwQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3kVNs7nwQ

Aurgasm
11-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I'll take a look at him.

Man, Arizona sucks pretty bad right now.

Anyone watching the Carrier Classic tonight?

OH BTW! Zona Fans: I've found a guy who's streaming every single UA basketball game in the case you cant get it on tv/net. I'll post link when i get back to my home puter.

rag and bone
11-11-2011, 08:07 PM
This was :eek:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/everythingraindrops/0ebcc2d649740737a8222770789996b4-getty-132357168.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee460/everythingraindrops/917c69928d56abff54574c706dbfc71e-getty-132357277.jpg

rag and bone
11-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Also want to congratulate my alma mater on a solid defeat of UCLA tonight!

Still-ill
11-12-2011, 11:18 AM
People never seemed to question the UCLA backcourt during the offseason... And that I can't seem to understand.

Gribbz
11-12-2011, 11:25 AM
So, I went to the game on Wednesday. We really need to cut back on our turnovers or we're not going to beat anybody. We had 20. That is just absurd. That being said, I was very impressed with Chol and Perry. Kyrl won't get much playing time if they keep it up.

People never seemed to question the UCLA backcourt during the offseason... And that I can't seem to understand.

Ol' Gribble did:

I'm really not sold on UCLA at all.

rag and bone
11-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Welp, if we're going to be tooting our own horns here...

In reality though, I give Doug Gottlieb credit he has been harping in about this for months.

But ya the UA ball handling situation is a real problem. Josiah Turner should be the guy but he's not there yet and showing up late for your second career game and getting you pulled from the game isn't helping any.

Gribbz
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
But ya the UA ball handling situation is a real problem. Josiah Turner should be the guy but he's not there yet and showing up late for your second career game and getting you pulled from the game isn't helping any.

I think Miller will get Turner and the rest of the team to where we need to be. Mayes will probably get the start again tomorrow though. Dude went off on Wednesday.

GuyInTucson
11-13-2011, 04:56 PM
GRIBBLE ON TV!

http://tinyurl.com/7g29ry2

ods..
11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Hahahaha that's funny shit. Good catch

UADUDE
11-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Good to hear KP is back. Didn't get to catch the game, how did he look?

Aurgasm
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
GRIBBLE ON TV!

http://tinyurl.com/7g29ry2

GRIBBLERINO!!!!!

WHEW! Well congrats to UCLA! (although i should not be such a dick, we didnt play well at all the last three games).

I'm looking forward to SJU this Wednesday. Hopefully we beat the shit out of them. I also found a guy who streams all the UofA games. Good stuf (and less money spent on bar tabs!)

Gribbz
11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Damn, I look good. The seats I had were right on the hardwood. Ridiculous.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see who plays and for how long on Thursday.

Good to hear KP is back. Didn't get to catch the game, how did he look?

He definitely was a spark for the team. Got quite an ovation from the crowd.

rag and bone
11-14-2011, 03:52 PM
So I guess Reeves Nelson tenure with UCLA may be through?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/

I can't gauge if they're speculating he may be kicked off the team or that he might be choosing to transfer. Sounds more like the former.

Gribbz
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Asked whether he had spoken to Nelson about his status, Smith appeared to indicate that Nelson was thinking of quitting the team.
Dude sounds like a bitch.

Chillzzz
11-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I think the Reeves Nelson drama will pass and we won't remember this in a few months but let it be known I think they dude is a Munson. Also would like to give a shot out to my alma mater LMU beating UCLA as well!!!

weeklymix
11-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Marathon time. Wazzu / Gonzaga on ESPN. Woo woo.

CuervoPH
11-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Zags may have 15 three-pointers by halftime.

Aurgasm
11-15-2011, 01:02 PM
that wazzou/zags game turned out to be pretty darn good.

I'm excited to see Ky vs Ku tonight. Fuck both teams, really, but still fun to watch.

Gribbz
11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
UCLA lost to Middle Tennessee by 20 points.
N9Uw97lOOlk

fiopadp7791
11-16-2011, 03:47 AM
Pretty much copy/pasted what I commented on your FB Gribzz, but to the rest of the board, I'll expose you to my crack-head opinions-

Maybe past 5 years we've been seeing more and more of this. Imagine a major conference team gets blue-chip, high-end recruits. They jump to the pros after 1, maybe 2 years max.

Mid-Major team, like Middle Tennessee or Kent St (who handled Huggy-bear's West Virginia squad pretty easy yesterday too), gets 2nd and 3rd tier recruits. They sit on the bench and don't play much their freshmen and sophomore seasons. Even get, OMG! Red-shirted! They mature physically, they learn the game, they get savvy. And all of a sudden their starting lineup has 3 seniors, and 2 juniors. They're the much more mature, smarter, and even stronger team because they've developed their games in every possible way.

But this year, which could be nice, had a lot less talented freshmen jump to the NBA because they were too afraid of a lockout. So this year could be one of the better years for college basketball in awhile... and in the end make the NCAA tournament have the favorites more likely to shine through... I highly doubt it will be a Butler-UConn final where you're seriously wondering if the best teams played for the National title.

fiopadp7791
11-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Sully in da house. Gonna be a fun season to watch.

http://www.insidethehall.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/jaredsullinger101111.jpg

Thank god for a NBA labor dispute to get him scared about going pro early huh? He's gonna be a monster this year, but he does have one more season of beefin with this guy too: Trevor Mbakwe (they had a couple of decent wars in the low post last season)-
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4811/trevormbakwe220100011a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/trevormbakwe220100011a.jpg/)

If my Gophers can just get "average" point guard play this season, they should be solid. When Al Nolen got hurt last year, they went in the tank. But they brought in 2 point guards to try and "right" that this year.

rag and bone
11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Pretty much copy/pasted what I commented on your FB Gribzz, but to the rest of the board, I'll expose you to my crack-head opinions-

Maybe past 5 years we've been seeing more and more of this. Imagine a major conference team gets blue-chip, high-end recruits. They jump to the pros after 1, maybe 2 years max.

Mid-Major team, like Middle Tennessee or Kent St (who handled Huggy-bear's West Virginia squad pretty easy yesterday too), gets 2nd and 3rd tier recruits. They sit on the bench and don't play much their freshmen and sophomore seasons. Even get, OMG! Red-shirted! They mature physically, they learn the game, they get savvy. And all of a sudden their starting lineup has 3 seniors, and 2 juniors. They're the much more mature, smarter, and even stronger team because they've developed their games in every possible way.

But this year, which could be nice, had a lot less talented freshmen jump to the NBA because they were too afraid of a lockout. So this year could be one of the better years for college basketball in awhile... and in the end make the NCAA tournament have the favorites more likely to shine through... I highly doubt it will be a Butler-UConn final where you're seriously wondering if the best teams played for the National title.

No disrespect but these are more-so foregone conclusions than opinions.

Still-ill
11-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Wow it's not just our elite freshmen guard that is struggling so far. Teague had some major growing pains last night, and Austin Rivers has been just plain bad. It's comforting to know you're not the only one with an underachieving freshman. All those guys will be good though, they just aren't having the impact I think we (and the players themselves) thought they would at this point.

fiopadp7791
11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
No disrespect but these are more-so foregone conclusions than opinions.

Lol at least you agree with me even if you're implying I'm stating the obvious lol. He just seemed surprised that UCLA got worked. So I gave him a long-winded reason why. I still think in the end the best teams will advance through this year (unlike the anarchy of last yearns bracket)

C DUB YA
11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Thank god for a NBA labor dispute to get him scared about going pro early huh? He's gonna be a monster this year, but he does have one more season of beefin with this guy too: Trevor Mbakwe (they had a couple of decent wars in the low post last season)

Well, he did tell the Columbus Dispatch, before last season even started, that he was sticking around for at least 2 years to work on his game, so no one (in Columbus at least) really thought he was going to leave.

It looks like he's expanded his mid-range shot to be a lot more effective. His free throw percentage is likely to go up as well according to coach Matta.

He's a beast, no doubt, but a beast that is surrounded with a a lot of young talent, sans Buford who is prolly 36 years old.

Gribbz
11-16-2011, 12:13 PM
He just seemed surprised that UCLA got worked.

Well, mid-majors upsetting major conference teams isn't new or that surprising. It's a different story when said major conference team is hyped in the off-season and picked to win the Pac-12 title by a good number of writers/pundits/"experts." I don't think anyone in the country had Middle Tennessee upsetting UCLA.

Aurgasm
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I think the Reeves Nelson drama will pass and we won't remember this in a few months but let it be known I think they dude is a Munson. Also would like to give a shot out to my alma mater LMU beating UCLA as well!!!

Gonna give a shout out to Middle Tennessee State University as well?

8^)

Aurgasm
11-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Also, for Zona fans (cheesy but wtf, why not)

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-basketball/post/_/id/995/fans-choice-muhammad-vs-ashley

Aurgasm
11-16-2011, 01:11 PM
one more, for york!

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-basketball/post/_/id/1051/fans-choice-york-vs-randle

rag and bone
11-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Gonna give a shout out to Middle Tennessee State University as well?

8^)

Hah c'mon man! We don't get much bragging right. Just let the history books show that we beat a ranked team.

Regardless of how the rest of the season plays out, our guard Anthony Ireland is pretty fun to watch.

Gribbz
11-16-2011, 02:23 PM
LMU: Ignored by the press, but not the populace.

fiopadp7791
11-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Well, mid-majors upsetting major conference teams isn't new or that surprising. It's a different story when said major conference team is hyped in the off-season and picked to win the Pac-12 title by a good number of writers/pundits/"experts." I don't think anyone in the country had Middle Tennessee upsetting UCLA.

True... I'm just saying you see it more and more... But yeah... kinda stating the obvious I know...

rag and bone
11-16-2011, 02:52 PM
LMU: Ignored by the press, but not the populace.

Literally LOL'd.

Gribbz
11-16-2011, 08:43 PM
#9 Pittsburgh just lost to Long Beach State.
N9Uw97lOOlk

Aurgasm
11-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Pn5CohCF4B0

GuyInTucson
11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Jabari Brown and Oregon have parted ways, for those interested.

Still-ill
11-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Dayum.

weeklymix
11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
None of my friends still enrolled or living in the area have any idea as to what happened. Major blow to the program... unless Brown committed a crime or something.

weeklymix
11-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Probably because our secondary didn't know how to play football in the first half against USC.

If I played any sport for Oregon at that point I would have walked out.

Still-ill
11-21-2011, 12:23 AM
I watched the Oakland Soldiers back when Arizona was still recruiting him and he really rubbed me the wrong way. He definitely has swagger, but it was definitely tough to say how that would play out in a more organized environment.

summerkid
11-21-2011, 07:35 AM
#9 Pittsburgh just lost to Long Beach State.
N9Uw97lOOlk

Two best teams in Southern California: SDSU and Long Beach State.

Aurgasm
11-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Jabari Brown leaving Oregon, wow! I wonder what that's all about...

Anyway, Zona got it's first losss, a stinker, and I'm happy about it. SDSU this wednesday!

tyles
11-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Saw my first KU game of the season last night. Not sold on Withey, and the dude got fouled out not even midway through the second half (although in his defense, that last foul call was b.s.). That said, good game... can't wait for more.

Aurgasm
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Saw my first KU game of the season last night. Not sold on Withey, and the dude got fouled out not even midway through the second half (although in his defense, that last foul call was b.s.). That said, good game... can't wait for more.

You will not hear a single good word about Jeff Withey from any of us...

york707
11-22-2011, 07:32 PM
This Mizzou-Cal game is fun to watch

york707
11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
now it's just sad

Gribbz
11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Ugh. Pac-12 looking like shit again. Oh well. Bodes well for Arizona at least.

gmoneyak
11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Loving all the quality matchups during these early season tournaments. Another reason why college BB has passed up college FB for my time and attention.

gmoneyak
11-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Thank god for a NBA labor dispute to get him scared about going pro early huh? He's gonna be a monster this year, but he does have one more season of beefin with this guy too: Trevor Mbakwe (they had a couple of decent wars in the low post last season)-
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4811/trevormbakwe220100011a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/trevormbakwe220100011a.jpg/)

If my Gophers can just get "average" point guard play this season, they should be solid. When Al Nolen got hurt last year, they went in the tank. But they brought in 2 point guards to try and "right" that this year.

Agreed...I was stoked at their strong start last year, despite all their offseason issues. After Nolen went down, they definitely never recovered. Tubby will still bring them in, they still got some height and they still have Mbakwe the beast.

Gribbz
11-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Sidiki Johnson might transfer. It appears as though he has a shit attitude.

Loving all the quality matchups during these early season tournaments. Another reason why college BB has passed up college FB for my time and attention.

Same here. College football will always be second fiddle as long as the BCS is around.

boarderwoozel3
11-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Ugh. Pac-12 looking like shit again. Oh well. Bodes well for Arizona at least.

Zona, Cal, & Udub all look like a sweet 16 would be a good result. Meh. UCLA will get better but are clearly not athletic enough to run with the three aforementioned squads and will struggle to make the NIT, imo.

Aurgasm
11-23-2011, 09:32 AM
I've been noticing that the pac-12 teams simply dont have the length to compete at a high level (so far). It's not that they are short but they don't seem to have that court presence. All of the PAC-12 teams i've seen so far just look poopy.

That'll change though. Zona against SDSU tonight. Bear Down

Pixiessp
11-23-2011, 01:11 PM
I've been noticing that the pac-12 teams simply dont have the length to compete at a high level (so far). It's not that they are short but they don't seem to have that court presence. All of the PAC-12 teams i've seen so far just look poopy.

This should be a good game. Good luck!

summerkid
11-23-2011, 07:35 PM

SDSU is for real this year, pleasantly surprised since this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, but looks more like a tourney bound team.

Aurgasm
11-23-2011, 08:24 PM
wooo... we sucked bad!

Good game SDSU!

Gribbz
11-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Yeah, we played like absolute dog shit tonight. Defense and rebounding doesn't come naturally with this year's squad. That being said, SDSU is a dangerous/extremely talented team. Losing tonight wasn't a surprise really. Props to SDSU.

Aurgasm
11-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Lets hope Zona wins tonight.

Also Matt Jones committed to Duke.. bummer. I'm guessing we have no shot at Nate Britt, who decides today. Oh well

Down Rodeo
11-29-2011, 05:19 PM
I just want to give a shout of support for my New Mexico State Aggies tonight. Zona will probably win but NMSU looks pretty legit this year.

C DUB YA
11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
I'll take this time to recognize the butt-hurting the OSU Buckeyes put on the Duke Blue Devils tonight, a glorious sight to behold.

I like coach K and all, but I find it extremely fun to watch him duke in his pants.

http://www.homage.com/store/images/nuthouse2011.jpg

Aurgasm
11-30-2011, 09:49 AM
I commend Ohio St.'s slaying of Duke. Reminded me of this one time in 2011 in the sweet sixteen...

Pixiessp
11-30-2011, 11:54 AM
UNC tonight!

This is going to be a good game. Too bad I can't watch it.

BlueDevil50
11-30-2011, 01:09 PM
I'll take this time to recognize the butt-hurting the OSU Buckeyes put on the Duke Blue Devils tonight, a glorious sight to behold.

I like coach K and all, but I find it extremely fun to watch him duke in his pants.

http://www.homage.com/store/images/nuthouse2011.jpg

Solid game by your boys...Duke got rattled early, recovered, then they just couldn't put anything together after that second OSU run. As much as I hate Buckeye football, their basketball teams the last two years have been easy to root for. Duke's a very good team, not great, this year but they needed a reality check and last night's game served them well.

BlueDevil50
11-30-2011, 01:10 PM
I commend Ohio St.'s slaying of Duke. Reminded me of this one time in 2011 in the sweet sixteen...

Must be nice to relive the glory days of Sweet 16 victories...

...reminds me of this one time in 2001 in the championship :winkiss

C DUB YA
11-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Must be nice to relive the glory days of Sweet 16 victories...

...reminds me of this one time in 2001 in the championship :winkiss

Must be nice to be a sore loser.

Just take it Bluedevil... sit there and take it. Duke got abused on national TV.

BlueDevil50
11-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Are you retarded? I quoted your post and directed what I had to say to you, and giving props to where props are due. That was to Forza. He brought up something from last year...

C DUB YA
11-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Are you retarded? I quoted your post and directed what I had to say to you, and giving props to where props are due. That was to Forza. He brought up something from last year...

My mistake.

Not retarded, just half awake. I apologize.

Mr. Porter
11-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Carolina and Duke are both frauds. Kentucky is the real deal. Alabama is a sleeper. Louisville is better than Syracuse. Washington is the best team in the Pac-12.

That's all

BlueDevil50
12-01-2011, 01:19 AM
My mistake.

Not retarded, just half awake. I apologize.

No worries...glad to see you haven't turned into a douche like so many have on here.

gmoneyak
12-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd like to see Ohio St. actually leave the state of Ohio and get some quality victories, but yeah they killed Duke.

Calling teams like Duke and UNC frauds at this point of the year is absolutely ridiculous, they've been traveling all over the country playing tough opponents. All this is doing right now is building their strengths for conference play and beyond.

Speaking of UW, I'll be at the game tomorrow night watching them spank my hometown Nevada Wolf Pack.

C DUB YA
12-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I'd like to see Ohio St. actually leave the state of Ohio and get some quality victories, but yeah they killed Duke.

Calling teams like Duke and UNC frauds at this point of the year is absolutely ridiculous, they've been traveling all over the country playing tough opponents. All this is doing right now is building their strengths for conference play and beyond.

Speaking of UW, I'll be at the game tomorrow night watching them spank my hometown Nevada Wolf Pack.

We also beat Florida...

boarderwoozel3
12-02-2011, 12:36 AM

Yeah! Glad its on ESPNU up here. Although Vegas seems to think it'll be a close game?

Aurgasm
12-02-2011, 10:04 AM
No worries...glad to see you haven't turned into a douche like so many have on here.

I might have turned into a douche but at least I'm not a Duke fan.

And does anyone have a final word on the CBA agreement and the two and through rules? Details?

ods..
12-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I will always hate Duke. Still bitter from 1991 when they beat UNLV.

gmoneyak
12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah! Glad its on ESPNU up here. Although Vegas seems to think it'll be a close game?

Nevada has been overvalued so far, they were predicted to win the WAC mainly because they had 95% of their roster returning, (and they play in the WAC). They've shot awful so far this year, and I really don't see much improvement on the horizon because they have no dedicated 3-pt shooters and a disjointed offense in general. The talent is there but the pieces aren't being used right.. I think UW will pull away late for a comfortable win..

Still...hoping Nevada improves while the season goes on, Burton the PG is an NBA talent that needs help.

Still-ill
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
UW seems to always play well against good mid-major competition. Where they struggle sometimes is when they get a little "starstruck".

boarderwoozel3
12-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Not against St. Louis earlier this season. Granted it was an early game in St. Louis but the Huskies got whipped. Couldn't tell exactly what happened because the game wasn't televised but it seems by the time we woke up and started to make some shots it was halftime and we were down by 20. No bueno. Even so I expect to win somewhat handily tonight. Hopefully no one is looking ahead to Marquette and Duke coming up next at MSG.

caeden
12-03-2011, 01:31 AM
i've seen a couple of st. louis university's games. seems that rick majerus has that team doing all the right things. they will be dangerous come tourney time. might pull an upset or two

C DUB YA
12-03-2011, 10:57 AM
i've seen a couple of st. louis university's games. seems that rick majerus has that team doing all the right things. they will be dangerous come tourney time. might pull an upset or two

most years it seems they are a scary tourney team.

Still-ill
12-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Turner is suspended for tomorrow's game for missing practive... God fucking damn it. Just when things started getting really positive for him.

ods..
12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Marquette with a big win!

york707
12-06-2011, 09:02 PM
mizzou/illinois will be a pretty good game this year.

rag and bone
12-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Turner is suspended for tomorrow's game for missing practive... God fucking damn it. Just when things started getting really positive for him.

What the fuck is this kid's deal? How hard is it to show up to practice? not that I thought they could beat florida anyway but still grrrr.

Gribbz
12-08-2011, 12:36 PM
We played pretty well last night all things considered. Florida really destroyed us on the offensive boards and 2nd chance points.

Also, ASU gave Sendek a 2 year extension. Quite the AD they have up there.

Still-ill
12-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Ha! They really can't do much better though.

boarderwoozel3
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Pac 12...

Ugh.

Gribbz
12-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Ha! They really can't do much better though.
I know. I just found it exceptionally funny considering how their football head coaching search is going.

Pac 12...

Ugh.

Pretty much.

Aurgasm
12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Pac 12...

Ugh.

Reeves Nelson was kicked the UCLA basketball team today.

and

ASU's number one recruit (and best or better since Harden) has been declared ineligible by the NCAA today.

Cal, Washington and Arizona will make it to the tournament.

boarderwoozel3
12-09-2011, 01:03 PM
The Reeves Nelson saga is such a black eye for Ben Howland and made a mockery of proud program. Howland looked weak, desperate, and at the mercy of a player he clearly thought the team couldn't succeed without. With that kind of institutional discipline and control can you really be surprised with a team that has guys vastly out of shape and not hustling on the court?

Also, Nelson needs professional help. The really sad thing is he'll probably transfer to play his senior season at some shitty school when he could have completed a degree at one of the best schools in the country.

greghead
12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
We played pretty well last night all things considered. Florida really destroyed us on the offensive boards and 2nd chance points.

Also, ASU gave Sendek a 2 year extension. Quite the AD they have up there.

Lisa Love is my hero. I'll be shocked if she lasts much longer than Herb.

greghead
12-10-2011, 12:53 PM
And Utah at 33 points with 2:00 to play. Lulz. Good god.

suprefan
12-10-2011, 04:30 PM
WOW, INDIANA

Aurgasm
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Lisa Love is my hero. I'll be shocked if she lasts much longer than Herb.

Two year extension. Wow

Awesome for IU. I follow UK and Louisville hoops. Crean is. Going to do big things.

Still-ill
12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
We're getting fucked in the ass right now.

Still-ill
12-17-2011, 02:52 PM
FINALLY! They've been letting Sacre play football in there.

EDIT: UH-OH!! hahahahaha

Gribbz
12-20-2011, 12:19 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DJArcLight/BASKETBALL-SUCKER-PUNCH.gif

I predict an ejection or two when we play ASU on NYE.

greghead
12-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I predict a stabbing or two when we play ASU on NYE.

fixed

Aurgasm
12-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Ya know what, as bad as we've looked this year, we've lost to 4 tournament teams. And as much as we think we looked bad, we really haven't had any "bad losses." Gonzaga looked to be one but we at least came away with some learning experiences.

With that said, we better fucking stomp fools in the Pac 12 bc it looks like 1-2 teams max.

That's my observation anyway.... btw guys I have been loving these two sites for getting zona games:

http://www.rojadirecta.me/ (excellent for soccer and spanish language broadcasts as well)

and the more popular

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

boarderwoozel3
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Tony Wroten is a short lister for Pac 12 POY and Udub continues to squander its talents.

They broke me. My optimism has run dry.

Gribbz
01-05-2012, 11:59 PM
"Chumpy" and "turrilble" cannot begin to describe the Pac 12.

Still-ill
01-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Oof. I was at the game tonight, ugly. I think people are losing their shit at a rate that's a tad overboard. We'll be fine, UCLA just decided tonight that they don't completely suck on defense. And call me crazy, but they might be a better team without Josh Smith against us. We're way too small though... fortunately we have 3 5 star 6'9+ players joining our squad next season. So thank the lord for that.

Exoskeletal
01-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Reeves Nelson was kicked the UCLA basketball team today.

and

ASU's number one recruit (and best or better since Harden) has been declared ineligible by the NCAA today.

Cal, Washington and Arizona will make it to the tournament.

What? No love for the Tree?

Still-ill
01-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Stanford are pretenders. I thought they were legit earlier in the year, but I really am starting to think that I'm wrong. They can still win this silly conference though oddly enough. Never before has the conference come down to raw coaching than it has this year. Hell Oregon might win the conference...

Still-ill
01-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh yeah, and I forgot how politely obnoxious UCLA games are... didn't help that the game was in the OC. I've never been told to sit down so many times in my life by people who were extremely boisterous when UCLA went on runs.. but, if my team scores, I clearly need to sit the fuck down. My bad...

Exoskeletal
01-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Ya, I thought we would pull it out against Oregon for sure. Well as long as we don't lose to UCLA, we should be fine. :)

Exoskeletal
01-06-2012, 12:33 AM
I've been waiting for another effort like the Syracuse game, it just hasn't happened. We don't look terrible though, and the Pac-12 is winnable by like 6 different teams this year.

Coach Bombay
01-06-2012, 08:36 AM
http://kvvu.images.worldnow.com/images/16131693_BG1.gif

Best in the west.

apostle2
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7151/6647909485_fc09721f9d_m.jpg

Best in the East. Or West.

ods..
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM

Best in the west.

YES. :pulse

UNLV

nahuatldream
01-06-2012, 09:51 AM
YES. :pulse

UNLV

As a transplant to Albuquerque, and thus, new UNM Lobos fan, I'm withholding judgement. UNM hasn't played a very tough schedule, thus far. Even the "BCS" teams they've beaten haven't fared too well. They got a real test coming up in the next few games, with @Wyoming, SDSU and @UNLV.

Aurgasm
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Worst Arizona game I've ever seen.

rag and bone
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Nick Johnson's behind the back pass attempt in the paint = :nono

Chillzzz
01-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Things aren't looking to bright in Tuscon. I see myself as a realistic UA fan but I thought they were going to be much better than this. Turner has been a huge disappointment. Soloman doesn't want to be a focal point. And Nick, though shown flashes of brilliance, has a ways to go. At this point I'm hoping they keep their heads above water, and we don't see anymore of their young players transfer.

Exoskeletal
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM

Ya, that was brutal. Pac-12 looking like we'd get smacked around by the Ivy League this year. It's pretty embarassing.

summerkid
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM

Best in the west.

A little too early to be boasting that quite yet. SDSU is going to put that claim to the test next Saturday and the winner of that game can lay claim to that title.

weeklymix
01-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Not a big Hoosier fan whatsoever but it's kind of nice to see them making some statement wins in the B1G this season.

caeden
01-07-2012, 02:02 AM
crean has brought back hoosier basketball. the man is probably on his way to becoming a living god to the indiana faithful

malcolmjamalawesome
01-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I miss weeklymix.

Pixiessp
01-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Weekly AND Tommy. :(

Coach Bombay
01-08-2012, 06:42 PM
A little too early to be boasting that quite yet. SDSU is going to put that claim to the test next Saturday and the winner of that game can lay claim to that title.

I see you sk.

summerkid
01-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Huge win for sdsu today! Jamal Franklin played up to his capabilities. If he emerges as a scorer this team can play with anyone.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2012, 02:51 AM
After all their missteps Udub has a chance to take the lead in the Pac 12 race this week hosting Cal & Stanford, the only time they play this year. Massively important games.

Aurgasm
01-16-2012, 07:33 AM
I hope you get crushed.

Coach Bombay
01-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Huge win for sdsu today! Jamal Franklin played up to his capabilities. If he emerges as a scorer this team can play with anyone.

Twas a good game.

GuyInTucson
01-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I hope you get crushed.

Doesn't matter. The entire Pac-12 is a joke this year. Least talent I have seen in this conference (Pac-10 / Pac-12) in my lifetime. Absolutely horrible.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
I hope you get crushed.

Can't wait for the 28th.