PDA

View Full Version : Records in your collection that sucks

SojuGorae
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Whether you bought it or got it as a gift, list some of the records you should get rid of.

bmack86
03-15-2007, 03:03 PM
I've got tons of stuff on my computer. I downloaded it, either for myself or for a friend, and i haven't deleted it.
Panic at the Disco comes to mind.

matsuolost
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
velvet revolver. blink. creed. marilyn manson. limp bizkit

i feel like crap now for still having that

SojuGorae
03-15-2007, 03:07 PM
velvet revolver. blink. creed. marilyn manson. limp bizkit

i feel like crap now for still having that

I've got not one but TWO Limp Dick records. Twice the shame.

La Ferrassie
03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Yellowcard, POD, and Sum 41. God, I feel so uncool now.

sonofhal
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I got a load of free CD's off someone at Universal at xmas for sorting them out a Wii.

These include Orson, Scissor Sisters, The Automatic, The Feeling, Keane and Snow Patrol. I haven't played any of them, but still feel kinda dirty for just having them in my house.

breakjaw
03-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Chipmunk Punk -The Chipmunks (my dad got it)

codytwo
03-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I have a P.O.D. CD from Columbia House's fucking over of my household. It is still in the cellophane, after 7 years.

ewiggy
03-15-2007, 05:12 PM
as far as actual records go, I have:

Was (not was) - Walk the Dinosaur 12"

codytwo
03-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Does anyone else think its funny that the title of this thread is worded so that it is actually just making fun of you record collection, and asking why.

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey...Was (Not Was) was cool in their own late-80s way. I'll bet they have some really dope samples in their stuff...in fact...Soulseek, here I come...lol

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 05:28 PM
PS - I had the Fat Boys "Crushin"

woogie846
03-15-2007, 05:36 PM
The *NSYNC Christmas album. Don't even ask.

woogie846
03-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh, and Reel Big Fish, but I'm proud to say I enjoy that.

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
I used to have quite a few Weird Al Yankovic albums...of course that was back in middle school...

boarderwoozel3
03-15-2007, 06:10 PM
A papa roach album. I was young(ish) and they were from Vacaville which was about 10 minutes away from where I lived so they were a big deal. Long story short I now realize my mistake.

Boourns
03-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Creed - My Own Prison, Korn - the first four CD's, Metallica - Load, Metallica - Reload, Limp Bizkit - Significant Other, the Smash Mouth CD that's $.10 in every used record store, Orgy - Blue Monday single, Jimmies Chicken Shack, Live, Days of the New, Silverchair

God. Kill me now. All those wasted years. Then again, if I liked good bands back in the day I would have been uber-depressed over none of them ever playing in Virginia.

roberto73
03-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I love everything in my collection. It wouldn't be there if I didn't. However, I am embarrassed to admit that I own the collected works of Marillion. I'm even more embarrassed to admit that I actually like listening to them from time to time.

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Hahaha...you bought a Creed CD...that's more embarassing than anyone else's stuff...

(Silverchair is pretty damn bad too)

AEversW
03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
backstreet boys...and weird al.

bartelby
03-15-2007, 07:27 PM
matchbox 20....ewwwwwwwwww

bballarl
03-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I use to own tons of stuff that I sold. But currently...

Velvet Revolver (I like them. Whatev. Nothing wrong with dumb rock music.)

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I'm sure stuff exists.

thefunkylama
03-15-2007, 07:56 PM
My cd collection is nothing if not an example of my pack rat tendencies I think I've thrown away maybe 3 cd's in my entire life. I shall display for you my Hall of Shame.

3rd Strike: 2 discs
311: 1 (i think borrowed and never returned) disc
Ace of Base: 1 disc
Audioslave: 1 disc
Blessid Union of Souls: 1 disc
Blink 182: 1 disc
boysetsfire: 2 discs
Bush: 4 discs
Cave In: 1 disc
eagle eye cherry: 1 disc
eve 6: 2 discs
filter: 1 disc
finger eleven: 1 disc
fuel: 1 disc
gryp: 1 disc
juggernaut (some local band from norcal that played one show to 4 people on my 16th birthday): 1 disc. Signed.
Korn: 1 disc (another was stolen)
a disc called "Maximum Edge".
Metallica: 2 discs
Midtown: 1 disc
Our Lady Peace: 1 disc
P.O.D.: 1 disc
quarashi: 1 disc (i don't know who they are)
a disc titled "Rock Selects"
Saliva: 2 discs
Seal: 1 disc
Seether: 1 disc
Smashmouth: 1 disc
Smile Empty Soul: 1 disc
Staind: 1 disc
Stone Temple Pilots: 3 discs
Sugar Ray: 1 disc (i remember stealing this from some guy I hated at age 15)
a disc called "Super Sonic Sound Sampler." I have no idea what it is.
a disc with a picture of a fly. I don't know what it is, either.
The Muppets Take Manhattan: 1 dvd
a Target sampler from 2002
Barenaked Ladies: 1 disc
Blue Man Group: 1 disc

This collection is one I started building in high school and gave up on after I moved to San Diego in 2004. Thank. God. There are sooo many of these I never listened to even once. I did break some of the more horrible cd's to build little statues out of when I got bored at home, but mostly I neglect my collection.

C DUB YA
03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
I got a load of free CD's off someone at Universal at xmas for sorting them out a Wii.

These include Orson, Scissor Sisters, The Automatic, The Feeling, Keane and Snow Patrol. I haven't played any of them, but still feel kinda dirty for just having them in my house.

the automatic and keane discs is pretty good me thinks

bballarl
03-15-2007, 08:15 PM
There is nothing wrong with Stone Temple Pilots, Alma. Core is a great record.

La Ferrassie
03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh no, I just found Plain White T's. I'm such a loser.

woogie846
03-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh no, I just found Plain White T's. I'm such a loser.

Ha!

thefunkylama
03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
That's true, Andrew. I should take it off.

bartelby
03-15-2007, 08:37 PM
There is nothing wrong with Stone Temple Pilots, Alma. Core is a great record.

i agree...STP were great when i was in highschool

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Old Reel Big Fish is awsome! Turn the Radio off is an amazing album.

bmack86
03-15-2007, 09:10 PM
I've never sold the CDs i bought whilst in middle school, so i'm sure my collection at home is pretty scoffable at times.
I know i had all the creed, nickelback, limp bizkit, and linkin park albums. I bought that one by Vertical Horizon, as well as Fuel's album. I wouldn't necessarily say that Load and Reload belong on there, because they're from a formerly great band, and they did have their moments, but i own both, as well as St. Anger. I've also got tons of sub-talented metal cds, as well as plenty of crappy pop-punk albums (I bought all the Blink 182, and i got the All American Rejects first album, when it was on a small label, because it seemed like a good idea at the time.) However, I'm okay with that. I may have started on shaky ground, but it only offers room to grow.

And, for the record, I'd never be embarrased of my large Rancid and NoFX collections. I love those guys.

Boourns
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah, I have a few Bush CD's somewhere. Yech.

Pixiessp
03-15-2007, 09:44 PM
The one that really sticks out in my mind is
The Soundtrack from Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.
That 70's movie with Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees.
I may even have Xanadu soundtrack.
That was cathartic.

Proadict
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
everyone think Blink 182 is horrible, well i like, i have all their albums , dont think bad of me, is my favorite childhood band, and their are the actual favorite , but in second place, Pink Floyd is in first

SojuGorae
03-15-2007, 10:20 PM
So I came home from work and took a ganders at my CD rack. These are what I've uncovered...

Limp Bizkit (3 Dollar bill ya'll / Significant Other) - Got sucked into the whole rap/rock thing of the 90s.

Liz Phair (Exile In Guyville) - I think I bought this only because I had a high school crush on her. The record isn't bad, it's just not a good cd for a dude to have.

ATB (Movin Melodies) - Was listening to this crap during my high school rave days.

Michael Jackson (History)

Ace of Base (The Sign) - I think I was 11 or 12 when I got it.

Crash Test Dummies (God Shuffled His Feet)

Angels and Airwaves (We Don't Need to Whisper) - Got it as a gift.

Aqua (Aquarium) - Was a gift

Whale (All Disco Dance Must End in Broken Bones)

Hootie and the Blowfish (cracked rear view) - ah, fuck

Lenny Kravitz (Greatest Hits)

Lenny Kravitz (5)

Blind Melon (Blind Melon)

Big Mountain (Unity) - White guys doing reggae without any hint of irony. Bad... just bad.

2 Live Crew (As Nasty As They Wannabe) - Bought this during high school for the sole purpose of playing them at parties. Fun album, but it still doesn't change the fact it sucks.

Guns n Roses (The Spaghetti Incident) - How the mighty had fallen. One of the biggest disappointments of all time in my opinion.

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I had the Blink-182 CD before they added the 182. My dumb ass sold it at Music Trader for like 3 bucks before they made it big. After they got big I wished I still had it so I could sell it to little teenage groupies on Ebay for big bucks. The guys all went to highschool like 15 minutes from my house and were only a few years older than me. They were dickheads according to a buddy that went to school with them.

Boourns
03-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Oh yeah, I had that Crash Test Dummies tape. I ended up recording over most of it because I ran out of tapes.

BoardsofCoachella
03-15-2007, 10:46 PM
I have that crappy "LEN" cd somewhere.

rage patton
03-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Hold on a second... are people saying they are embarrased to Reel Big Fish!?!? When did this happen? They are one of my favorite bands! And I will tell the world that. I am not ashamed to say I own Reel Big Fish albums. Including thier new EP w/ Zolof The Rock and Roll Destroyer! GREAT album... errr, EP I mean. They cover The Smiths, Madonna, Fishbone, that 80s song "Don't You Want Me", a song from the Disney movie Petes Dragon, and that Paul McCartney/Micheal Jackson song! Pick it up and check it out!
Anyways, on topic...
Linkin Park, Edwin and The Pressure, Funeral For A Friend (bought it cuz I was 16 and curious... ugh) Nickleback, Default, Theory of a Deadman... that kinda stuff. Thats bout it I think.

ewiggy
03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Liz Phair (Exile In Guyville) - I think I bought this only because I had a high school crush on her. The record isn't bad, it's just not a good cd for a dude to have.

several dudes here would fight you for getting rid of this CD. keep it. liz phair is cool. not as cool as kim deal, but still.

i just sold a bunch of CDs (downsizing before moving), and even the record store i went to wouldn't take Sponge - Wax Ecstatic, and it's fucking signed.

my entire CD collection has been stolen on 2 seperate occasions, so a lot of the crap i would have is gone. but i do still have Sugar Ray - Floored. it was a gift.

PrettyRagdoll
03-16-2007, 12:24 AM
the mars volta's last cd. And POD. Both were gifts that are now used as coasters

gmoneyak
03-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Yeah...

I could put money on it that, a search through my house will uncover a MC HAMMER CD of some sort... Probably next to the Coolio album..

Just place the bullet between my eyes now..

eehhhhh...

Mivsy
03-16-2007, 03:24 AM
Embarrassingly I have to own up to the 12" of Live is Life by Opus which I had to buy as a result of losing a bet at school and Mr Blobby by Mr Blobby which my sister bought me as a "novelty" Christmas gift. These probably won't mean much to US citizens but any UK people will probably get a laugh.

ewiggy
03-16-2007, 07:21 AM
at least it's not http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/becca924/Junk/jordy-dur_dur_detre_bebe_s.jpg

Tylerdurden31
03-16-2007, 07:32 AM
high school was high school...i got to college and became friends with a bunch of musicians...then i learned what good music was.

Creed - Human Clay....*shudder*
Godsmack
I can say I'm not completely ashamed of owning 3 Dollar Bill, Y'all...for what it was it was pretty good
P.O.D. - silly Mike
Metallica - Load and Reload
Velvet Revolver - I hate cock rock...I listened to it once
oh yeah, Staind...

I think that's about all I should really get rid of...

Liz Phair, Snow Patrol, Scissor Sisters, Keane, Silverchair, Reel Big Fish, Filter, Our Lady Peace...not things people should be ashamed of...IMO.

I've got Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme sitting nicely in my collection, not off to the side with the rejects...purely for amusement purposes.

becomingcloser
03-16-2007, 07:58 AM
I've got Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme sitting nicely in my collection, not off to the side with the rejects...purely for amusement purposes.

hear hear. although, to this day i'm still trying to figure out what it's like to actually have a roni.

Tylerdurden31
03-16-2007, 08:25 AM
hear hear. although, to this day i'm still trying to figure out what it's like to actually have a roni.

allow me to spell it out if i can

edenbodenbedendeebombombeedeedodenedenbodenbedende ebombombeedoo

bug on your lip
03-16-2007, 08:49 AM
My cd collection is nothing if not an example of my pack rat tendencies I think I've thrown away maybe 3 cd's in my entire life. I shall display for you my Hall of Shame.

quarashi: 1 disc (i don't know who they are)

i have one of theirs too... back in 2002/3 they were being buzzed aboot being this great new thing from Iceland...

it was horrible.... it was like Limp Biskit without an edge, if you can fathom that

Encaitare
03-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Hanson - Middle of Nowhere

..... and their Christmas album....

and their rare and previously unreleased B-sides album.

Keep in mind I was in 5th and 6th grade when these came out, at which time I also had in my collection all the Nirvana (with liner notes in my binder, which I was reprimanded for at least half a dozen times - apparently baby penis is detremental to the learning process), Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Ani Difranco... all cassettes. Technology was very late in reaching my household.

superfiction
03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
i have one of theirs too... back in 2002/3 they were being buzzed aboot being this great new thing from Iceland...

it was horrible.... it was like Limp Biskit without an edge, if you can fathom that

haha wow i had to go back and listen to that song stick em up. i remember hearin it in like 7th grade...it was much better back then...

Hannahrain
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Aqua (Aquarium)

I had this.

And by had, I mean loved.

bballarl
03-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Hootie & The Blowfish's first record is fun. Ditto the first Third Eye Blind. Pure nostalgia for me.

Silverchair is nothing to be ashamed of. Blind Melon was great and had a chance to be even better.

I remember the video for "Wax Ecstatic" on MTV when I was in 3rd grade. I haven't heard the song since then, but I remember it so vividly. Ditto videos for "Until It Sleeps" by Metallica and "Bittersweet Me" by REM. Haven't heard those songs since then either, but I remember them.

I was also listening to Luscious Jackson yesterday and remembered "Naked Eye" from MTV in 3rd grade. Though they are awesome. I forget if it was their video for that song or a Fiona Apple video around the same time that I remember for having a girl in underwear in it, but that was pretty hardcore in 3rd grade.

TheGunslinger138
03-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Blind Melon (Blind Melon)

I really can't believe you have this listed here. To each their own and all, but damn. I hold this in my top five albums of the ninetees.

CuervoPH
03-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Amen, Brother Andrew! I even like the Hootie and the Blowfish cover of "I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You". It's nowhere near the original, but they did it with reverence. I own "Scattered, Smothered, and Covered" by Hootie, "Neon Ballroom" by Silverchair, and for that matter "Rock Spectacle" by Barenaked Ladies. I am not ashamed of any of them.

On the other hand, to Alma's earlier point, I kind of have a, um, Blessid Union Of Souls CD that I'm kinda embarrassed about...

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I have no bad records - every one is a nugget crapped from the arse of Venus herself.

Oh, okay............. Spin Doctors - Pocketful of Kryptonite!

Now leave me the fuck alone. I'm now sad, and I need tiramisu...

Mr.Nipples
03-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Hootie & The Blowfish's first record is fun. Ditto the first Third Eye Blind. Pure nostalgia for me.

Silverchair is nothing to be ashamed of. Blind Melon was great and had a chance to be even better.

I remember the video for "Wax Ecstatic" on MTV when I was in 3rd grade. I haven't heard the song since then, but I remember it so vividly. Ditto videos for "Until It Sleeps" by Metallica and "Bittersweet Me" by REM. Haven't heard those songs since then either, but I remember them.

I was also listening to Luscious Jackson yesterday and remembered "Naked Eye" from MTV in 3rd grade. Though they are awesome. I forget if it was their video for that song or a Fiona Apple video around the same time that I remember for having a girl in underwear in it, but that was pretty hardcore in 3rd grade.

1995-1997 on mtv was fuckin great. sebadoh,nada surf,the eels,primitive radio gods,everyone going apeshit over mellon collie and the infinite sadness,luscious jackson, i could go on...my first real exposure to mainstream alternative music.

bballarl
03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Again, 3rd grade. I lipsynched the song "Pocketful of Kryptonite" with my friend for a video for class. I need to dl that record.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Again, 3rd grade. I lipsynched the song "Pocketful of Kryptonite" with my friend for a video for class. I need to dl that record.

I'll swap you for something less shit!

bballarl
03-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll trade you my bands demos for it.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I'll trade you my bands demos for it.

Are you Milli Vanilli?

If not, you got a deal!

thaipod
03-16-2007, 11:40 PM

I have it for the same purpose. With a big red 99 CENTS NO REFUNDS sticker on it.

Proadict
03-17-2007, 12:21 AM
the mars volta's last cd

dude their latest CD is pure magic! but the best is frances the mute!

dorkfish
03-17-2007, 12:53 AM
They peaked at Tremulant.

rage patton
03-17-2007, 01:16 AM
They peaked at Tremulant.

Peaked at Tremulant? Are you kiding me? Cut That City sounded like a leftover At The Drive In Song, in Concertina you could see them setting themselves apart from At The Drive In and Eunch Provocateur... is easily one of their best songs recoreded to date. I will give you that one.
However, De-Loused is mind boglingly amazing. Start to end, completely solid. Not a bad track on that disc. One of my favorite albums of all time easily.
Frances The Mute was actually the first Volta album I bought. I fell in love and bought De-Loused a week or two later. However, the ambinet interludes got on my nerves. Nonetheless L'Via L'Viaquez was a brilliant song. As was the 32 minutes Cassandra Gemini.
Amputechture is their weakeast to date, but funnily enough, holds my favorite song of thiers. I cannot stand to listen to first and last track on that album. Neither have substance and are both boring. Well, the guitar work is incredibly impressive... but still. However tracks 2-7 are all great. Day of The Baphomets is also most definately their best track. How many songs have a face-melting bass solo to kick it off and a bongo solo towards the end? Strong album, but it doesn't stand up to its predecessors

Albums in order of preferance:
De-Loused in the Comatorium
Frances The Mute
Tremulant EP
Amputechture

Favorite Songs:
Day of The Baphomets
L'Via L'viaquez
Eunch Provocateur

sydaud
03-17-2007, 08:02 AM
I've got Milli Vanilli's cd .I actually asked someone for it while I was in college (mid 90's). Loaded it on the ipod and have been known on occasion to play "Girl You Know It's True" in my office---right between "Informer" by Snow and "2 Legit 2 Quit". So I guess I am not ashamed, I just think it's funny....

ghettojournalist
03-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Limp Bizkit "3 Dollar Bill Y'All"+ "Significant Other"
Korn "Issues" + "Take a Look in the Mirror"
Bright Eyes "Digital Ash in a Digital Urn"
...to name a few.

Yablonowitz
03-17-2007, 09:31 AM

Why is it not good for dude to have that cd? Not only do I have it but I love it and consider one of the true greats. It's not like it's The Indigo Girls or something.

chunk
03-17-2007, 09:38 AM
i think exile in guyville is a great record. unless it makes me a pussy.

orbit
03-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Mandy Moore - I wanna be with you

I had hopes that she was naked in the poster coming with the cd.

I tried to sell it twice but the used cd store was closed just those two times like never before. My sister's friend bought another copy just one day before I offered her mine for less than 4 bucks.
After that, i didnt try to get rid of that anymore. Fate wants me to own that cd forever.

Encaitare
03-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Why is it not good for dude to have that cd? Not only do I have it but I love it and consider one of the true greats. It's not like it's The Indigo Girls or something.

I agree. In fact, this album should be in the Most Influential Albums thread.

becomingcloser
04-05-2007, 08:26 AM
allow me to spell it out if i can

edenbodenbedendeebombombeedeedodenedenbodenbedende ebombombeedoo

haha! thank you for clarifying.

romeoisbleeding
04-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Utah Saints...U U U U Utah Saints....U U U U Utah Saints....

though I have fond memories of the time period that album is from

breakjaw
04-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Utah Saints...U U U U Utah Saints....U U U U Utah Saints....

though I have fond memories of the time period that album is from
I just know that something good is gonna happen,but I don't know when...

amyzzz
04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Whoa. I never saw this thread.

I have Deep Blue Something somewhere (remember "Breakfast at Tiffany's?").

I have the entire CD single catalog for this Britpop band menswe@r who only put out one CD album I think (yes, they have an @ sign in their name).

I have a few Alanis CD's that I really don't listen to anymore.

gaypalmsprings
06-12-2010, 02:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/SkU5QEj2Y0I/AAAAAAAAGZs/b8mbUHsH9vE/s400/worst_album_covers023.jpg

JebusLives
06-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Tin Machine
Tin Machine II
Zwan

...but i'm keeping all 3 of them. If I could find my C&C Music Factory CD, i'd throw that one out with gusto.

lunatic core
06-13-2010, 12:25 AM
These are the cds listed by others I could still enjoy
Filter - (wasn't specific, but I fucking love Short Bus)
Korn - (the first album only)
STP - (First few albums)
Marilyn Manson (Holywood and earlier, specially the Trent Reznor years)
Blind Melon (Soup is way better though)
Mars Volta (I love all Volta)
Audioslave (Just the first1)

Meanwhile...
I have books full of crap. I have hit discount bins for years digging for gems, but most of the suckage isn't very well known.