PDA

View Full Version : Flosstradamus and Kid Sister

starrdogg
03-15-2007, 12:34 PM
These guys are the on the cover of this month's Urb and were one of the hottest tickets last night at SXSW. Their myspace page says that they've both been added to Friday's lineup (I'm assuming they'll be playing together). Anyone know why they haven't been added to the poster?

J~$$$
03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
SURPRISE!

hammerandasickle
03-15-2007, 12:36 PM
they'll for sure be playing together, if they are at all. kid sister is J2K's little sister.

J~$$$
03-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Damn girl dont hurt em'.......murdah

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
never heard Flosstradamus' stuff...but saw the name in the paper today (about SXSW). Anyone got the info on 'em?

woogie846
03-15-2007, 05:28 PM
never heard Flosstradamus' stuff...but saw the name in the paper today (about SXSW). Anyone got the info on 'em?

Nope. I'm not familiar with Flosstradamus or Kid Sister.

summerkid
03-15-2007, 05:29 PM

they dont even have a wiki article. :eek: the only thing that came up for them was the pitchfork music festival...apparently they played it last year. So I did a quick search on Pitchfork and this is what came up.

http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/38845/Photos_Flosstradamus_Chicago_IL_09_27_06

Kid Sister has 10 PM Coachella on her myspace fyi.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-15-2007, 05:34 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww shit

those dudes rock. this is a great add.

hammerandasickle
03-15-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.myspace.com/flosstradamus, listen to act a fool that song is the jams.

invisiblerobots
03-15-2007, 06:04 PM
That shit is hot! Unmissable.

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Egh...I like the mashup style, but it's a little too "housey" for me...

yoyoyoyo
03-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Flosstradamus and Kid Sister are the shit. Kid Sister is actually the older sister of Josh from Flosstradamus. The Floss has been throwing the best dance parties in Chicago. People just go bananas when they play. Their remix of Matt and Kim on their myspace page is awesome.

Kid Sister is amazing too. Her raps just sound so cool. I think big things are going to happen to her.

Long live Chicago, Long live the Midwest!

J~$$$
03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I think Diplo had a lot to do with them breaking out. I saw Flosstradamus a couple months back it was an awesome show.

SubBass49
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Are all their tracks housey-stuff mixed with hip-hop though?

Trick Loves The Kids
03-16-2007, 06:21 PM
they're more DJs than producers, that's just shit they happen to have on their myspace. i guess they are really into "rave" music lately though.

yolowo
03-21-2007, 07:24 AM
This is funny to me, Trick Loves the Kids being into Floss. I mean, everyone is into their own thing, and I have no problem with that. I love Floss. But to hate on Girl Talk so hard and then to be into Floss seems a little ridiculous. They obviously have their own styles/sounds, but theyíre definitely in the same ballpark. I saw Floss play at SXSW, and the majority of the crowd was white indie rock kids trying to dance. I def saw a more diverse and way less fashion oriented following at Girl Talk live. Floss did a combo set with The Rub, but they dropped stuff like the Reading Rainbow theme and the Offspring. It wasnít as cutup or remixed like Girl Talk but definitely not far off in aesthetics.

When I see someone hate on Girl Talk and then endorse something so closely related, itís usually a sign that someone just loves to hate on hyped artists. Granted, Floss and GT do have different sounds. Maybe you really do just like Flossí style much more than GTís, I really donít know. But Iím into all of that, so itís funny to me to hear that sort of reaction.

On a side note, Kid Sister is also dope.

sddoctor
03-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah, Flosstradamus should be killer...I've been waiting to see these guys for awhile.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-22-2007, 10:18 AM
When I see someone hate on Girl Talk and then endorse something so closely related, itís usually a sign that someone just loves to hate on hyped artists.

yeah I love to hate on hyped artists *throws out my copy of the latest "URB" magazine with Flosstradamus on the cover*

HorrorLibraryNet
03-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Hope they don't get lost. Their MySpace says they'll be playing The Coachella Festival in Palm Desert, Arkansas.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-27-2007, 12:56 PM
why are they not on the flyer yet