bug on your lip
03-15-2007, 07:55 AM
UPSETS UPSETS UPSETS
getem while they're HOT!

Stanford over Louisville

Oral Roberts over Washington State

Texas Tech over Boston College

VCU will keep it close with Duke

Marquette over Michigan State (i know, i know. Eagles are a higher seed, but with their leading scorer out, everyone & nothingman00 are picking Michigan State)

Indiana over Gonzaga (majority of people have been picking the Zags, i'm sure nothingman has too)

Brigham Young over Xavier.... BIG !

Old Dominion over Butler

TomAz
03-15-2007, 07:59 AM
UPSETS UPSETS UPSETS
getem while they're HOT!

Stanford over Louisville

Oral Roberts over Washington State

Texas Tech over Boston College

VCU will keep it close with Duke

Marquette over Michigan State (i know, i know. Eagles are a higher seed, but with their leading scorer out, everyone & nothingman00 are picking Michigan State)

Indiana over Gonzaga (majority of people have been picking the Zags, i'm sure nothingman has too)

Brigham Young over Xavier.... BIG !

Old Dominion over Butler

stanford? no
oru? yes
tech? no
vcu? yes
marquette? yes
indiana? yes
byu? no
odu? no

caco0283
03-15-2007, 07:59 AM
ndiana over Gonzaga

Shame on you bug.....shame on you

mob roulette
03-15-2007, 08:09 AM
i'm not feeling byu either.

also tom, did you catch the suns last night? that's what I'M talking about. clearly the best rivalry for the next few seasons or so.

mob roulette
03-15-2007, 08:29 AM
nevermind, i saw the other thread

bug on your lip
03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
the Suns-Mavs game was great.
I love those 2 teams, they make the NBA game beautiful.
alot better than the East. where it's a slow half-court offense, and if someone's eyelash falls on lamebron or Duh-wade's sneakers they send em to the line.

TomAz
03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
btw i picked Davidson to beat Maryland.

TomAz
03-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Stanford over Louisville

the first one out of your mouth. Run away and hide in shame.

mob roulette
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
no way the cardinal were going to beat the cardinals. there's just too many of them. tech's down too.

in fairness to bug though, tom, i'm noting a slight second half surge by the terrapins. care to comment?

TomAz
03-15-2007, 10:38 AM
gotta take risks. but picking stanford was stupid.

caco0283
03-15-2007, 10:46 AM
stupid is stupid does

bug on your lip
03-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Stanford had USC beat last week
translation = Pac 10 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
overrated and in deep shit

Boston College is a horrible team
translation = Big 12 is in deep shit & is overrated

That's the way the tournament works every year. You find out quickly which Conferences are the dominant ones. Big East-SEC-ACC are the top 3 this year, i think that's obvious

caco0283
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
oh no its going to be the college football arguement all over again....where's Foi so she can get in on this

skavenbrew
03-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Stanford was just on the receiving end of an old fashioned butt kicking.

lou 78
stan 58

and it really wasn't even that close.....

TomAz
03-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Stanford had USC beat last week
translation = Pac 10 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
overrated and in deep shit

Boston College is a horrible team
translation = Big 12 is in deep shit & is overrated

That's the way the tournament works every year. You find out quickly which Conferences are the dominant ones. Big East-SEC-ACC are the top 3 this year, i think that's obvious

you forgot the most overrated of them all: Big 10. Every year, the committee puts all these Big 10 schools in the tournament, and every year, the conference goes like 2-9 or something.

nothingman00
03-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm going to weigh in here. For sheer quality of the teams placed in the NCAA tourney, the Big XII is the best. What other conference can you honestly find 3 potential Final 4 teams (legit Final 4 possibilities)?

bug on your lip
03-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Bug's Friday Upsets:

Winthrop over Notre Dame

Creighton over Nevada

Villanova over Kentucky

Arkansas over USC (the Stanford slaughter of '07 was just foreshadowing to the drubbing USC will take. USC had to comeback to beat Stanford in overtime just last week)

and i know nothingman has a man crush on Durant, but jesus Big 12 has not looked good so far... even the Big 12 teams playing in the NIT have looked like shit. what does this mean ? it means there could be tournament history made today... a 16 seed over a 1.. something that has NEVER happened before
Niagara over Kansas
yes, i did pick Kansas, but if a 1 is going to fall... it will be this game

caco0283
03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Villanova over Kentucky

negro please

TomAz
03-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Bug's Friday Upsets:

Winthrop over Notre Dame

Creighton over Nevada

Villanova over Kentucky

Arkansas over USC (the Stanford slaughter of '07 was just foreshadowing to the drubbing USC will take. USC had to comeback to beat Stanford in overtime just last week)

and i know nothingman has a man crush on Durant, but jesus Big 12 has not looked good so far... even the Big 12 teams playing in the NIT have looked like shit. what does this mean ? it means there could be tournament history made today... a 16 seed over a 1.. something that has NEVER happened before
Niagara over Kansas
yes, i did pick Kansas, but if a 1 is going to fall... it will be this game

I disagree with all of those except I will agree that Niagra over Kansas is a possibility. Niagra started 1-6 and fought back hard to make the tournament and probably has more talent than the usual 16 seed.

TomAz
03-16-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm going to weigh in here. For sheer quality of the teams placed in the NCAA tourney, the Big XII is the best. What other conference can you honestly find 3 potential Final 4 teams (legit Final 4 possibilities)?

ACC: UNC, UVA, Md

Pac 10: UCLA, Wash St, Oregon

mob roulette
03-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Bug's Friday Upsets:

Winthrop over Notre Dame

Creighton over Nevada

Villanova over Kentucky

Arkansas over USC

i'm not feeling these either homey. MAYBE nova over ky but i doubt it. MAYBE the razorbacks if they get out the gate early but again, i doubt it. and nevada and the irish are going to the next round no question.

i hope you're right though. these could set up a potentially awesome second round.