PDA

View Full Version : Any Vancouverites going to Coachella?

jcs83
01-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm thinking about how best to get to Coachella this year. Never been but I'm thinking renting a minivan and piling some friends is the best route.

Anyone out there done the trip to Indio before? Are you doing it again this year?
Wonder how long it would take if we rotated drivers and drove constantly...

beautiful nemesis
01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Vancouver, BC?

i'm heading out from Port Angeles, WA.!
if you know where that is, heh

still trying to figure out the best/cheapest route. i.e. plane, train, or automobile!
=)

jcs83
01-22-2007, 10:06 PM
yes Vancouver, BC :)

i checked some flights and the cheapest into LAX was about $400. Don't know about bus prices, but renting a van and loading with other people who are kicking in $.

i'm up for suggestions though

Ashlee
01-22-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm trying to head down to Coachella with some friends from Victoria BC. Damn flights are expensive! It's actually cheaper to fly out of Seattle than it is to fly out of Vancouver, so if you could find a way to get to Seattle for free or next to nothing, that would be a better way. Someone that I work with said it was about 20 hours to drive from Vancouver to San Diego, so I'm going to investigate that option....

delyrium
01-23-2007, 01:09 AM
I live in Vancouver and am heading down for my first (finally) Coachella. Honestly I love road trips so figure I'll probably drive. Even if I have to alone! No idea if I have any friends coming with me yet.

paulb
01-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Ill be going from Vancouver aswell... i think Ill be takin a plane, how much would gas be to get there? Oh...i got my license suspended. Thanks ICBC...

snelgrove
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
hey there, I'll be in van by way of kingston and am looking to hitch a ride down for coachella. I've talked to several UBCers about renting something for the trip but we're also looking for ideas or other pools. Cheers.

malcolm
01-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm heading out from surrey, (well uvic but my friend with the car lives in surrey). TOtally stoked about it.

fatbastard
01-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Mmmm. Vancouver reminds me of Joe Forte steaks and the little crepe place off Robson.

Port Angeles reminds me of the ice cream place a couple of blocks from the ferry. They make great mint chip ice shakes.

elgrandragon
01-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Going for my 4th Coachella, third since I moved to Vancouver and usually fly from Seattle to Phoenix and go with friends from there but this time we would consider driving. We're a big bunch already anyway so we'll see how it goes! Let me know if there are any Coachella get togethers we can pass you tips about the place. Only did camping last year and it's really good! We'll do it again this time.

Rolandtr909
01-23-2007, 10:25 PM
My girlfriend and I drove down last year from White Rock B.C. I'm thinking of driving down again. It's about a two day trip from Vancouver down the I-5. Make sure you have your passport if your flying....

Andre Kaufman

jcs83
01-23-2007, 11:14 PM
thanks everyone for the responses! didn't realise so many BC'ers going to Coachella - Canada surely represents!
Still thinking of the driving option. Gaaah gotta organise cohort of flake-y friends first though. Must make it happen this year!! All your tips will come in handy i'm sure : )

aimes_k
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
from bc too, langley actually...

First time going to Coachella, i'm so excited. Trying to find the easiest, cheapest, most efficent way to get down there too....
My friend and i want to road trip but we're not sure if we'll have a car in April.... we shall see

I have a question for those who have driven down... if i do decide to drive want to camp on-site... where does my car go?!?!?!?!? is there a parking lot? or do i have to find my own parking?? Thanks:)

playgroundlove
01-24-2007, 06:44 PM
This is my first time going to Coachella and I cant wait!
Im coming from Richmond, me and my friend were thinking of driving but we dont have a car so not to sure how that'll work out but from what I hear flying from seattle to california is much cheaper than flying directly from Vancouver so we might even do it that way and bus it from the airport to coachella...

elgrandragon
01-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Last year at the camping site there were lots of Canadians, some from Alberta but most from Vancouver/Richmond, etc. We just randomly asked people where were they from and everybody (that we asked) was coming from Canada and in a couple of minutes we formed a large circle of nice people and shared some thoughts about the show (that was the last night), exchanged music recommendations etc.... that was cool!

JaspertoCoachella
01-25-2007, 01:42 PM
from bc too, langley actually...

First time going to Coachella, i'm so excited. Trying to find the easiest, cheapest, most efficent way to get down there too....
My friend and i want to road trip but we're not sure if we'll have a car in April.... we shall see

I have a question for those who have driven down... if i do decide to drive want to camp on-site... where does my car go?!?!?!?!? is there a parking lot? or do i have to find my own parking?? Thanks:)

Hey guys. I'm actually living in Jasper Alberta right now, but I was born and raised in Langley.

I'm in the midst of trying to set up a carpool leaving there on the 24.

I can probably find about 5 people committed to going (I'll know after this weekend what the whole deal is). Is anyone interesting in maybe renting a bus or van leaving langley?

beautiful nemesis
01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Mmmm. Vancouver reminds me of Joe Forte steaks and the little crepe place off Robson.

Port Angeles reminds me of the ice cream place a couple of blocks from the ferry. They make great mint chip ice shakes.

HAHA please tell me you're not talking about Dairy Queen? haha.

aimes_k
01-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Hey guys. I'm actually living in Jasper Alberta right now, but I was born and raised in Langley.

I'm in the midst of trying to set up a carpool leaving there on the 24.

I can probably find about 5 people committed to going (I'll know after this weekend what the whole deal is). Is anyone interesting in maybe renting a bus or van leaving langley?

TOTALLY! if it ends up being cheaper my friend and i WOULD LOVE TOO!! we would rather drive it down then fly.. i don't trust american airlines with my luaguage... i've heard so many horror stories...

fatbastard
01-26-2007, 04:55 PM
No. It's a soda shop on the water that sells burgers and ice cream.

amdux
01-26-2007, 11:35 PM
i miss vancouver and ubc :( lived at st. andrews for a month for law school and ate a lot at samurai sushi downtown :)

but yeah, probably cheaper to drive to seattle, and fly to lax or ontario (an hour closer to coachella than l.a.), especially on southwest.com

Trail of Dead
01-27-2007, 12:38 PM
im from vancouver and im flying down straight to palm springs

LETS THROW A HOTEL PARTY

Fozfoster
01-27-2007, 12:57 PM
My Gf and I are going to be in Anaheim CA and we need a ride to Coachella. We're from Vancouver and if anyone is willing to swing through Anaheim and pick us up that would be great. We are able to drive and we'll pay gas money. Oh, and I'm legal in the states. Option two, does anyone have room to drive us from Coachella to LAX once the concert is over?

hammered
01-27-2007, 01:06 PM
HEY HEY WE HAVE 3 people going down from Langley BC to caochella add me to your msn we ahould all try and find the easiest and cheapest way to go together add me to msn HAMMER_Thyme@hotmail.com

Jesse
01-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I'll be driving down with at least one other friend... We're thinking about going down on the 22nd or so and spending some time in cali beforehand...

jgarlopa
01-28-2007, 12:37 PM
yes Vancouver, BC :)

i checked some flights and the cheapest into LAX was about $400. Don't know about bus prices, but renting a van and loading with other people who are kicking in $.

i'm up for suggestions though

If you are really budget-conscious this time, I would suggest somehow getting to Seattle and then flying to LA from there. Even if you have to take Greyhound to Sea, it would still be cheaper. I go to Vancouver often, either from Albuquerque (NM) or LA, and I always save about $150 by flying into Seattle and then taking a shuttle to Vancouver, even with the bus fare.

ashleigh
01-28-2007, 02:45 PM
My boyfriend and I are going from Abbotsford. We are not sure if we are going to be driving or flying from Seattle to LAX. We are still looking for the cheapest route. Let me know if you are interested in either carpooling from Vancouver or flying down to LAX and splitting the car rental to Coachella. Contact me on MSN toyoufromme69@hotmail.com

Pimpin_Smurf
01-28-2007, 02:51 PM
My friend and I are going to be traveling from Vancouver Island down to Coachella. We're trying to find a ride or else thinking of busing it.

paulb
01-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I bought my plane ticket the other day from YVR to LAX for 300 US exactly off Orbitz...

offyerhead
01-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Just booked my tickets on the Air Canada website. For some reason they dropped the prices substantially today. Got seats for $114 each way. With ALL taxes it was $340 CDN return. That'll be hard to beat. They were offering that price on several flights leaving Thurs and coming back Monday.

paulb
01-29-2007, 02:53 AM
im going on the 25th to may 1st.

Paulo
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Me and a buddy are thinking about heading down from Vic. We're debating flying over bussing over driving right now. We're both drivers, if anyone wants to get together to discuss a voyage down there we're open to the option.
Just, don't be super creepy.

snawk
01-29-2007, 05:36 PM
I have a question.

Do local Tiketmaster outlets in Van sell tickets in person??
I don't have a credit card so can't order through internet and pick up at will call.
Did anyone in Canada buy tickets in person with cash this year?

Dave_2006
02-01-2007, 03:17 PM
does anyone think its worth greyhounding down their...its looks like im on my own so far...or should I plane it prob be cheaper.

tibu1
02-18-2007, 11:08 AM
:bump
I'm putting this out as a semi-last call, as I still have room for 3-4 people. If I can't fill it, I'll have to resort to camping. I'm going to Maui a few weeks after Coachella, and I really have to try to keep my expenses down.
Send me an email and let me know if you're seriously interested!

tibu1
02-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey, Vacouverites! Although I'm not from Canada, I love Canada and think Canadians are the coolest people. I'd live up there if I could! I live in Southern California and will be renting an RV that sleeps 6. It will have a kitchen, shower, storage space, BEDS, and refrigerator. Think about it...your enjoyment level will definately take a hit if you're tired, hungry or smelly.
I'm looking for people who'd want to share the RV, and the costs (including the space rental). It would be sweet to have neighbors from the north to share this with.
About me....I'm older than the demographic for this kind of show. I love music, and especially love being exposed to live music that I wouldn't ordinarily seek out myself.
I'd really like to find cool people who don't need to catch up on their drinking and drugging while they're away from home. I drink some, but am mostly mellow and am seeking the same. I'm female, so a mixture of men & women is a must.
The cost for each person for all 3 nights, or 4 if you get there on Thursday is:
6 people=$120.00 each
5 people=$145.00 each
4 people=$180.00 each
This is totally changed from what I originally put down as the costs, coz I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I came up with the first figures. Any, it's easier to see what the actual costs are this way.
I will definately make breakfast burritos for everyone every morning. You bring your own food and drink.
Anybody up for this? Let me know @ magster3@cox.net

:bump

I'm putting this out as a semi-last call, as I still have room for 3-4 people. If I can't fill it, I'll have to resort to camping. I'm going to Maui a few weeks after Coachella, and I really have to try to keep my expenses down.
Send me an email and let me know if you're seriously interested!

Ihateoprah
02-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Me and my roomies are from vic...found plane tickets for 290 after taxes to LA..Mint...renting car in LA...if your camping and want to party with fellow canadians PM me im organizing CAMP CANADA...