PDA

View Full Version : Daft Punk sucked at Coachella!

blastyourears
03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Just joking! they didn't suck.. but did any Daft Punk fans like another act better? I'm a daft punk fan and I happened to like The Juan Maclean's live show more.

kreutz2112
03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
asshat

NoneForMeThanks
03-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Okay... I know this is going to start a fuss

Me thinks this is the only reason you started this thread.

blastyourears
03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Me thinks this is the only reason you started this thread.

naw.. is there anybody out there who atleast saw daft punk but thought another act was better?!

cbrl23
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I disagree...

ajane
03-14-2007, 09:57 PM
if you didnt want to start a fuss, the first step would have been putting this thread in the right forum. i think "discuss this year's line-up. this year = 2007," is pretty clear.

kreutz2112
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
ajane speaks the truth

suprefan
03-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Okay... I know this is going to start a fuss... But does anyone agree that Daft Punk wasn't the best act at Coachella? Okay fine they didn't suck... but they weren't great! I had such a better time seeing The Juan Maclean!!!!

Great in what terms? Ok so you like the Juan Maclean better because maybe there wasnt 30,000 people dancing like crazy and it was all hot? Something like that? If they were not that good why are we still talking about this a year later? Why are we all freaking out over their summer tour? Why? ANSWER........... You either just wanted to upset people and get some attention or you really dont like electronic music and wanted to say this...

im so indie
03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
hate to perpetuate this thread, but since its here...

I think Mogwai pretty much owned it last year.
..and I'm not even a huge fan. They just blew me away.

suprefan
03-14-2007, 10:11 PM

See this is a fine post. You are giving your opinion of a performance you thought was awesome. You are not bashing said group and comparing to another...

Boourns
03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Eat shit and die. For the past year, that legendary Daft Punk set was the one that "nobody ever said anything bad about it, because it owned so much and everyone loved it", and you ruined that. I hope you get AIDZ from an AIDZ NEEDLE, and by needle, I mean 12 inch diseased cock in your ass.

blastyourears
03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
forgot to mention I love Daft Punk!

suprefan
03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Sure you do, if you really did you would have never started this...

blastyourears
03-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Great in what terms? Ok so you like the Juan Maclean better because maybe there wasnt 30,000 people dancing like crazy and it was all hot? Something like that? If they were not that good why are we still talking about this a year later? Why are we all freaking out over their summer tour? Why? ANSWER........... You either just wanted to upset people and get some attention or you really dont like electronic music and wanted to say this...

Fuck it.. Delete my thread.. or better yet I'll edit it.. I don't want to upset people.. I just have a question.. Did any Daft Punk fans like another set at coachella more than Daft Punk?

Trick Loves The Kids
03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
juan maclean would probably kick you in the mouth for posting this, dude. i've seen him and his live show is great but he has absolutely nothing on daft punk.

SmokesQuantity
03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Jesus, this guy asked a simple question and everyone is acting as if he took a shit on your grandmother's grave. Personally, Daft Punk was definitely the best act of last year, but I don't get my panties in a wad if other people don't agree with me. I read lots of other posts that bash on so many other bands (even though this guy wasn't bashing Daft Punk at all) and there's always a few people who reply by saying this is a message board where people are entitled to their own opinion. Yet, when someone MILDLY CRITICIZES Daft Punk people get all freaked out. Yes, Daft Punk was one of the most memorable experiences of any Coachella (and I've been to them all) but it wasn't a spiritual awakening that spawned a religious movement. Reading the posts on this thread makes it sound as if most of you worship at the altar of Daft Punk. You sound like Scientologists.

Oh, and since you asked, the other act I thought was impressive (though a distant second place to Daft Punk) was Wolfmother.

Kiefer
03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
the answer - no. daft punk had the best show there, imo.

daft$tar
03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
wow someone needs attention

Trick Loves The Kids
03-15-2007, 09:36 AM
what the fuck is there not to like? they would've killed it had they recorded that set onto a CD and sat on folding chairs on stage smoking cigarettes.

except they didn't, they brought huge space lights and a fucking light up pyramid. honestly if you were at that show and didn't like it for any reason other than your girlfriend was throwing up on you or you were tripping balls on acid and thought darth vader was trying to poison you then you are a heartless person and i do not think we could be friends.

rage patton
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Jesus, this guy asked a simple question and everyone is acting as if he took a shit on your grandmother's grave. Personally, Daft Punk was definitely the best act of last year, but I don't get my panties in a wad if other people don't agree with me. I read lots of other posts that bash on so many other bands (even though this guy wasn't bashing Daft Punk at all) and there's always a few people who reply by saying this is a message board where people are entitled to their own opinion. Yet, when someone MILDLY CRITICIZES Daft Punk people get all freaked out. Yes, Daft Punk was one of the most memorable experiences of any Coachella (and I've been to them all) but it wasn't a spiritual awakening that spawned a religious movement. Reading the posts on this thread makes it sound as if most of you worship at the altar of Daft Punk. You sound like Scientologists.

Oh, and since you asked, the other act I thought was impressive (though a distant second place to Daft Punk) was Wolfmother.

Everything you just said in now invalid, due to the fact you like Wolfmother.

Botrocker
03-15-2007, 09:46 AM
what the fuck is there not to like? they would've killed it had they recorded that set onto a CD and sat on folding chairs on stage smoking cigarettes.

except they didn't, they brought huge space lights and a fucking light up pyramid. honestly if you were at that show and didn't like it for any reason other than your girlfriend was throwing up on you or you were tripping balls on acid and thought darth vader was trying to poison you then you are a heartless person and i do not think we could be friends.

werd up

msklvr
03-15-2007, 09:59 AM

I completely agree. I will never forget that performance. Loudest and cleanest thing I have ever heard.

But Daft Punk was awesome as well. I just liked Mogwai better.

blastyourears
03-15-2007, 10:00 AM

The acid thing is true.. how did you guess that?

menikmati
03-15-2007, 10:13 AM
I wish I would of saw the Editors.

ethan
03-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I walked out of the juan maclean set about two songs in. I was there long enough to hear him say something along the lines of "lets get this shit done so I can go watch daft punk."

thedza
03-15-2007, 08:15 PM
The acid thing is true.. how did you guess that?

i was surprised by how great daft punk was and absolutely killin it. i was really counting on depeche fuckin mode to bring it but it was meh...

BLASTYOUREARS - DO YOU STILL HAVE THAT 3 DAY PASS FOR SALE. HOOK A LOCAL UP dvpetta@gmail.com

Later
Dza

PharmRocker
03-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Eat shit and die. For the past year, that legendary Daft Punk set was the one that "nobody ever said anything bad about it, because it owned so much and everyone loved it", and you ruined that. I hope you get AIDZ from an AIDZ NEEDLE, and by needle, I mean 12 inch diseased cock in your ass.

Is spelling AIDS with a "Z" something new or is this guy just a dip shit? I am leaning toward the latter option.

matsuolost
03-16-2007, 07:26 AM
it's the AIDZ needlez dude relax

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Best Thread Ever!!! LoL. I watched their performance on youtube and I was blown away. I could only imagine what it was like to be there....

daftmonkey64
03-16-2007, 12:16 PM
The two beswt shows I've ever seen were Daft and Sigur Ros, on the same day!!