PDA

View Full Version : Modest Mouse on American Idol

ThomThom
03-14-2007, 08:14 PM
"Float On" is their "music video" for Ford...Seriously, what the fuck is happening?

bballarl
03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Capitalism.

ThomThom
03-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Capitalism.

I almost feel sad, even though it was one of my least favorite songs of theirs...

bballarl
03-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Bands do this sometimes. Then they add Johnny Marr to their lineup and don't utilize him.

But seriously, I know what you're saying. Just try and ignore it.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I knew there would be a thread about this. Those music videos/in your face product placement bits they do have always been lame with a captial L, but seriosusly this takes it to a whole knew low.

woogie846
03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
It's also pretty dissapointing that 'Float On' was on a Kidz Bop album.

Mr.Nipples
03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
why the hell do people still watch american idol in the first place...

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the 21st Century. The Beatles have been used to sell Nike, The Stones took enough money to run a small country for a snippet of "Start Me Up" and Oasis are currently pimping cellphones.
And if I'm not mistaken I heard The Black Keys on an ad tonight for a product I could care less about...

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
03-14-2007, 08:38 PM

I ask myself this all the time, but have yet to come up with an answer. I think it's the same sort of psychology that makes one continue to stay in an abusive relationship... you keep hoping all those promises they made to you will one day hold true, but in the end all you get is a slap in the face.

That and I like making bitchy comments when people suck it big, and on their hairstyles and stuff.

summerkid
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Welcome to the 21st Century. The Beatles have been used to sell Nike, The Stones took enough money to run a small country for a snippet of "Start Me Up" and Oasis are currently pimping cellphones.
And if I'm not mistaken I heard The Black Keys on an ad tonight for a product I could care less about...

The Black Keys are in a Victoria Secret commercial.

idrive1life
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM

Those are mostly the same people who are buying CDs by artists (that SUCK) who are dominating the Billboard Top 200 chart.

ThomThom
03-14-2007, 08:54 PM

At this point my mom and sister have been watching for however many years it has been on and I still don't know the reasoning behind it, I'm guessing it is something to gossip about at work or some shit, or maybe their secretly living out some stupid dream through it...and oddly enough they don't buy any of the performers albums afterwards, they just watch the dumb ass show.

idrive1life
03-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm guessing those people voted and reelected ... ahhhh, nevermind :D What I'm saying is most people watch it because not only most of them are tone deafs, they also enjoy the stupid voting. ;)

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-14-2007, 09:04 PM

In that case, I rescind the "couldn't care less" part!

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2007, 09:27 PM
More power to them, all the people who aren't being offered buckets of money are pretty good at hating on the people who are. They have more talent than you do, talent = money (usually).

As for American Idol, the first few shows with the people who shouldn't be allowed near a microphone are hilarious, the "real singing" later shows... not so much.

DeltaSigChi4
03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Anyone who watches American Idol is an enemy to the art.

E

Mr.Nipples
03-14-2007, 09:58 PM

E

yeah fight the power delta...you dipshit.

smokealotapotamus
03-14-2007, 10:00 PM

I approve. The sexuality that goes along with such a commercial only compliments such a badass "bluesy" band. fuck yeah.

FakePlasticMe
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I fucking hate this country.

hangthedj112
03-14-2007, 10:07 PM

E

We get it, you're so liberal and out there. Now if you care so much why don't you get around to doing more than bitching about it on the internet?

menikmati
03-15-2007, 07:12 AM
I wonder if the Nirvana night on AI is true...I might have to shoot myself over that.

TomAz
03-15-2007, 07:15 AM
the irony being that if Nirvana themselves had appeared on AI Simon would have told them they had no talent and to get the fuck out of there.

caco0283
03-15-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm guessing those people voted and reelected ... ahhhh, nevermind :D What I'm saying is most people watch it because not only most of them are tone deafs, they also enjoy the stupid voting. ;)

i watch it and i never vote...i think its a great show to spark great talent.

E

since tom didn't say it i will....youre a dick

I fucking hate this country.

get the fuck out then and you wont have to worry about it

fober
03-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Oh right, because Modest Mouse isn't pop music.

invisiblerobots
03-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Has anyone seen the MLB 2K7 commercial featuring Nirvana's Breed? I thought for sure my ears were playing tricks on me.

mob roulette
03-15-2007, 07:58 AM
blister in the sun is helping to sell wendy's new spicy crispy chicken sandwich. blister in the sun. i get it though. clever.

brycerosen
03-15-2007, 08:11 AM

The Beatles never let their music be used in commercials, Michael jackson owns the rights to the songs and has been selling them to pepsi, nike, edison and manyother corporate fat cats

invisiblerobots
03-15-2007, 08:14 AM
blister in the sun is helping to sell wendy's new spicy crispy chicken sandwich. blister in the sun. i get it though. clever.

I took it to mean that I'd have to be high as a kite to even consider eating at Wendy's.

codytwo
03-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I took it to mean that I'd have to be high as a kite to even consider eating at Wendy's.

Wendy's is delicious. Anyone who doesn't eat at Wendy's is an enemy of the art.

TomAz
03-15-2007, 11:27 AM
that made me snortle.

ewiggy
03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Let's go Outback tonight! Life will still be there tomo-o-row..

invisiblerobots
03-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Wendy's is delicious. Anyone who doesn't eat at Wendy's is an enemy of the art.

Cody, why the fuck would you go to wendy's when you've got red mill as an option? Or even to a lesser extent, Dick's? Or Pagliacci? Eat local dude!

Mr.Nipples
03-15-2007, 11:17 PM
eat global, shit local

Mr.Nipples
03-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Let's go Outback tonight! Life will still be there tomo-o-row..

for awhile i thought outback pulled the same shit that lays potato chips did with tom waits. then i found out that they actually allowed it and i didnt really know what to think