PDA

View Full Version : hostels

Vericuester
03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I just found this site. They have places in LA, Sacramento and San Francisco. I'm not sure they have spots for all the days, but it's real cheap and there are still places in LA I think.

http://www.iyhf.org/

raytrade
03-21-2007, 01:09 AM
You would not reasonably want to commute from L.A. to Indio each day for the festival. The drive will be at least 3 hrs and possibly 4 or more depending on traffic. So, a hostel/hotel in LA is not really a viable option to stay at during the festival.

SumrSplndr
03-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Commuting from L.A. would be an ABSOLUTE nightmare. You DO NOT want to do that. If there is an accident, you would be stuck for hours on the freeway. The traffic is horrendous. Believe me, you will have major regrets, and you would spend far more in gas than you would for something closer and more expensive.

Even w/ no traffic, the drive is at least two hours and forty-five minutes. If you are willing to drive a ways, maybe someplace like Beaumont, or Banning would have reasonable reservations, and it is a direct route via Interstate 10.

My place is probably closer, but for the cost ($350.00), you would most likely have to share expenses w/ someone. The home has PLENTY of room to move. It's the "House For Rent/Morongo Valley" ad, in "Camping/Lodging". I am about to post some more pix. You are welcome to check it out.