PDA

View Full Version : Coachella nominated for many Festies!

bird33
03-14-2007, 06:31 PM
not sure if anyone caught this but MelodyTrip (http://www.melodytrip.com) is holding the Festies (http://www.melodytrip.com/MTFesties/Festies.aspx), the first annual music festival awards, it is pretty cool, Coachella is up for a ton of awards, including Best Festival, Best Rock Festival and Best Performance, where there are actually 3 nominees, Bloc Party, Daft Punk and My Morning Jacket, looks like MMJ is in a predicament like Leonardo DiCaprio at the Oscars, going against themselves with a Bonnaroo nominee.

Bonnaroo, along with New Orleans Jazz Fest is our main competition, anyone can vote, but one downer is you have to register, but then you get entered to win free airfare/tix to any US fest, wonder if that includes Coachella, since it is sold out?

jackstraw94086
03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Festies

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
testies?

gaypalmsprings
03-14-2007, 10:23 PM
If you log on & submit a vote, you can win a trip to a festival.

RATMan
03-14-2007, 10:24 PM
The Festers

http://thefoolsparadise.com/addams-family/family-6.jpg

Boourns
03-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Bloc Party? Is that a joke? Not that they were bad, just not great, and certainly not worthy of being nominated for such an award. From what I hear, maybe their 2005 performance. So yeah, here are the performances I saw at Coachella last year that were better than Bloc Party's. :
DAFT PUNK
Sigur Ros
Metric
Tool
Massive Attack
Mogwai (what precious little I heard)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Franz Ferdinand
Giant Drag
Gnarls Barkley
anyway, you all get the point.

I know we were inexplicably denied Broken Social Scene last year, and that they played every single other festival with their proper lineup (Emily Haines and Feist), but it's nice to see they were nominated.

But Daft Punk or Radiohead should definitely win.

braundiggity
03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
This has to be referring to 2006 performances. And while I'm apparently alone, Bloc Party blew me away. Loved it.

apachedino
03-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Bloc party was good, but the best in order where

Daft Punk (duh)
Wolfmother
Metric
Tool
White Rose Movement

shotglass75
03-15-2007, 07:41 AM
MMJ will win for Bonnaroo. Hands down. Daft Punk could slide by and beat them out but that 3 hour set at Bonnaroo was something that can never be recaptured again.

Rochec
03-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Bloc Party as in Best Performance (in 2006)?

hahahah ... ignore that whatever festival awards, it's a joke - not to be taken seriously

I concur, that was a pretty subpar performance. Wolf Parade played a much better set and they took up half of their set setting up.

ThunderInTheSky
03-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Bloc Party are terrible live I saw them in 05 with the New York Dolls at SxSw.

menikmati
03-15-2007, 08:28 AM
pretty stupid to have an awards show where every possible participant or whatever is nominated in each category. How about limiting each category to five????????????? that way the top contenders are truly showcased? This shit is trash.