PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Cantina Chicken and Waffles?!!

faxman75
06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Did anyone else love this addition? I know as a camper after sitting in the campground for several hours and the sun heating up it was great to be able to come into the fest, eat breakfast in A/C and hang out with people before starting off the day wandering from show to show in the heat.

I actually got the full regular breakfast, eggs, toast, bacon etc. It was really good food. I also noticed they had huge waffles early on but at some point they ran out and had to switch to tiny crappy eggos. I felt bad for those people because the giant waffles looked fantastic.

That is all. A/C and a cooked breakfast was very much a winning way to start each day.

canexplain
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Chicken and waffles are big in the south. been eating that combo for years. I think there are places in NYC that specialize in that also.... cr****

Premium Roast
06-08-2011, 07:21 AM
there's a healthy start to the day

TheRotten42
06-08-2011, 09:49 AM
I had a quesadilla there on Saturday night for dinner, it tasted like it was made with that preshredded kraft mexican cheese mix that gets crispy instead of melty in the microwave. I should have gotten something from one of the food booths the Gyro I had for lunch was delicious.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
i didn't eat there, but i finally went in on sunday (when i ran into you faxy) and it was indeed an awesome addition. it was nice chillin with a bloody mary in the air conditioning

faxman75
06-08-2011, 10:33 AM
It wasn't easy to find for some reason. It blended in and if you were coming into the fest through the camping entrance it was likely you would walk past merch and then head left into the main festival grounds rather than make a right towards the entrance where the general public enters the fest. I think that made it less crowded. The regular crowd who drove in obviously came from AC in their hotels and cars. I was thankful and hit it up Saturday and Sunday. Didn't see it or look for it on Friday.

TomServo
06-08-2011, 12:33 PM
The best festival breakfast I've had was Thai sweet sticky rice with mangoes and berries at Lolla '10... one of the Farmer's Market booths. Amazing. We ate that every day and never questioned the decision.

Kyliediscope
06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
My breakfast each day was green drink. Fuck that stuff is so good.

malcolmjamalawesome
06-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Faxman: Starting threads about food

faxman75
06-09-2011, 11:29 AM
nom nom nom

Mr. Dylanja
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
It's really, really hard to fuck up a traditional breakfast, just sayin'.