PDA

View Full Version : RAdiohead or thom yorke

freeofbodyfreeofmind
01-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know if radiohead or thom yorke will be added??

microcuts
01-22-2007, 08:31 PM
neither.

suprefan
01-22-2007, 08:34 PM

Neither, do not dream the impossible...

freeofbodyfreeofmind
01-24-2007, 07:21 PM
i dunno just sayin coz i heard they were supposed to be

menikmati
01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Radiohead is playing 2008

Chillax
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
i dunno just sayin coz i heard they were supposed to be

Where from?

Chillax
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM

How do you know?

Rezzo
01-24-2007, 07:48 PM
RADIOHEAD ARE NOT PLAYING AND NEITHER IS THOM YORKE!!!... get over it

bartelby
01-24-2007, 07:53 PM
while Thom would be a remote possibility, i think a radiohead appearance this year would be impossible...

just hope for next year my friend....

Foppie
01-24-2007, 07:53 PM
a little bird told me that maybee you should not forget about the boys of Radiohead for 2007

Alchemy
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
OMG guyz like its tru!

CALIFORNIA (AP) -- The Coachella Festival of Music and Arts held in Indio, California is going to, once again, be the host of reunion acts. Rage Against The Machine, Crowded House, and The Jesus and Mary Chain will all be performing in the festival which will take place at the end of April. The headliners of this event, alongside Rage Against The Machine, will be Bjork and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Fans of the festival will also be suprised to learn that bands which have played the festival before will be returning. The Arcade Fire and the french band Air will be playing the main stage, called the Coachella Stage. Even more of a suprise, Radiohead will be returning to play in the Oasis Dome. Many fans will enjoy this gullable-prone performance that will close out the 3 nights, each night.

microcuts
01-24-2007, 09:07 PM
And only people with the special golden Ducatking presale tickets will gain entry.

superfiction
01-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Even more of a suprise, Radiohead will be returning to play in the Oasis Dome. Many fans will enjoy this gullable-prone performance that will close out the 3 nights, each night.

haha

FakePlasticMe
01-24-2007, 09:50 PM
That is not funny. You do not toy with my emotions in that way.

im so indie
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Seriously though..
I am surprised that so many people think Thom Yorke at Coachella is impossible. I'm even more surprised at how many people have said they don't like 'The Eraser'.
All I'm sayin is that I think Thom would make sense for this year because:
1. The Eraser was pretty huge (for radiohead fans, anyway)
2. Radiohead played 04.. there's no way they'd play this year
3. He said himself that he wouldn't tour, but might be interested in some events.
Am I crazy, or what? I hope he's a late-add.

ThomThom
01-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Seriously though..
I am surprised that so many people think Thom Yorke at Coachella is impossible. I'm even more surprised at how many people have said they don't like 'The Eraser'.
All I'm sayin is that I think Thom would make sense for this year because:
1. The Eraser was pretty huge (for radiohead fans, anyway)
2. Radiohead played 04.. there's no way they'd play this year
3. He said himself that he wouldn't tour, but might be interested in some events.
Am I crazy, or what? I hope he's a late-add.

I have been dreaming of the day he would perform solo. This would be perfect, if added, what do you think would be a good day for him?

FakePlasticMe
01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
*hyperventilates* *breathes into paper bag* C'mon guys. This isn't funny. We can't talk like this. My emotions can't take it.

suprefan
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM

2009, 10 year anniversary for Coach is my prediction....

*hyperventilates* *breathes into paper bag* C'mon guys. This isn't funny. We can't talk like this. My emotions can't take it.

You got Bjork, Hot Chip, Interpol, Jarvis... I coudl go on so no Thom and co.!!!

sighlent
01-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Thom would need other members of radiohead + nigel to do his songs live, unless he did solo piano or guitar... it would be incredible but seemingly unlikely.

walkunafraid
01-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Thom would need other members of radiohead + nigel to do his songs live, unless he did solo piano or guitar... it would be incredible but seemingly unlikely.

Why? Thom has played solo before. I saw him at the Bridge School Benefit solo a few years back and he was amazing.

Alchemy
01-25-2007, 08:39 AM
I would rather have Emily Haines do her solo bit.

sighlent
01-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Why? Thom has played solo before. I saw him at the Bridge School Benefit solo a few years back and he was amazing.

do you people not read, i said unless he does it solo... fucking read the whole post people.

Alchemy
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
do you people not read, i said unless he does it solo... fucking read the whole post people.

Umm... I think he addressed your statement the correct way. You were saying that it would be "seemingly unlikely" for him to play solo, and he replied that it wouldn't.

You have earned yourself a Message Board Foul.

Scottish Surfer
01-25-2007, 09:26 AM
They are rumoured to be playing some festivals in Europe, I saw them last August and without a doubt the best gig I have ever seen. When they finished with Creep the play went crazy, I never expected them to play it. Fantastic.

instinct
01-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, they be added for sure.. as a late add.

I just called up Thom yesterday to cofirm. There is no doubt they will be playing. This is insider info man.

I am a also not telling the truth.

ThomThom
01-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes, they be added for sure.. as a late add.

I just called up Thom yesterday to cofirm. There is no doubt they will be playing. This is insider info man.

I am a also not telling the truth.

WOW, quite possibly the most unfunny post on this messageboard...EVER.

nahzt
01-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I think it was 04' where beck just kinda showed up at the last minute and played an acoustic set in one of the tents. I could see thom yorke getting slotted in there, but he would probably need a reason to come, other than money obviously. Maybe there will be some global conference going on in LA that weekend that he would be interested in protesting. ;)

york707
01-25-2007, 12:59 PM

I do.

ArmTheHomeless
01-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Would be about the best news of the year but I would have thought they'd still be in the studio in April. I think they might show up for a couple of festivals at the end of the summer around the album launch but I can't see them gigging that early in the year.

FakePlasticMe
01-25-2007, 02:25 PM
I think it was 04' where beck just kinda showed up at the last minute and played an acoustic set in one of the tents. I could see thom yorke getting slotted in there, but he would probably need a reason to come, other than money obviously. Maybe there will be some global conference going on in LA that weekend that he would be interested in protesting. ;)

That would suck, actually. Mainly because a) I couldn't get anywhere near the tent (the smallest in the field) and b) because I couldn't hear anything over Junior Senior's drum machine.

delibot3029
01-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Thom Yorke is going to show up during Björk.

Reasons why this will happen:
1) They are friends.
2) They sang a duet "I've Seen It All" on her album Selmasongs.
3) The aforementioned song was nominated for an Academy Award and they were schedule to perform the song together during the Academy Awards, but because the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is stupid, it was only Björk performing solo.
4) They appeared together on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. (YouTube link to this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=axg6AgYPF0E), it is apparently explicit and you have to be over 18 to watch it, it is also very much humorous)
5) Yorke and Björk rhyme.

Thom Yorke would have to be the world's biggest fool to not to do this and judging by his creative output, he is certainly no fool.

ThomThom
01-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Thom Yorke is going to show up during Björk.

Reasons why this will happen:
1) They are friends.
2) They sang a duet "I've Seen It All" on her album Selmasongs.
3) The aforementioned song was nominated for an Academy Award and they were schedule to perform the song together during the Academy Awards, but because the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is stupid, it was only Björk performing solo.
4) They appeared together on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. (YouTube link to this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=axg6AgYPF0E), it is apparently explicit and you have to be over 18 to watch it, it is also very much humorous)

Thom Yorke would have to be the world's biggest fool to not to do this and judging by his creative output, he is certainly no fool.

Jesus please Jesus God please please please.

canexplain
01-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I saw Thom doing solo at the Bridge Concert, two years ago i think ... good show ..... never know i guess ... cr*****

walkunafraid
01-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Eh...you said at the end of your post that him playing would be "seemingly unlikely," and I asked why, since he has done solo before and it wasn't exactly difficult. You look like a fool when you get your panties all in a bunch over nothing.

suprefan
01-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I want Thom to come out during DJ Shadow and they do "Rabbit In Your Headlights"..... And if like PJ Harvey got added on he comes out and does a duet of "This Mess We're In".

cashew
01-25-2007, 04:43 PM

actually, yorke and björk do not rhyme. Björk is pronounced byirk, as in the word "jerk." but that's okay.

i seriously doubt thom is going to play coachella this year. while he's been playing "events" (mercury awards, jools holland, henry rollins, nigel's basement), they've all been shows for telly (or, in the case of from the basement, the internet). i have a suspicion he'd play small venues in the UK if he were to tour at all (which i don't think he plans to do), rather than fly all the way out to california and play.

like someone else stated, he would need jonny/nigel to join him for several of the eraser songs. while him playing solo on the guitar would be nice, i doubt he'd come all the way out to coachella to play true love waits or gagging order. he'd probably want to play his songs, and he'd probably want to do the songs justice. i can't see him coming to coachella and playing videotape/down is the new up in front of the crowd by himself on piano, because they're radiohead songs and they sound better as radiohead songs.

i was somewhat more optimistic that radiohead would finish their album and play, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

crazzz2007
01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Umm... I think he addressed your statement the correct way. You were saying that it would be "seemingly unlikely" for him to play solo, and he replied that it wouldn't.

You have earned yourself a Message Board Foul.

Alchemy, what the hell are you talking about? Thom has played solo only on rare occassions. Therefore, it is unlikely he would do so. It is something so rare that it is unlikely. Unlikely does not mean impossible. It just means unlikely.

crazzz2007
01-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Eh...you said at the end of your post that him playing would be "seemingly unlikely," and I asked why, since he has done solo before and it wasn't exactly difficult. You look like a fool when you get your panties all in a bunch over nothing.

You are just as stupid as alchemy. As far as I know, Thom has played solo on just a couple of occassion. By definition, that means that it is unlikely that he would play solo. As I posted above: "Unlikely does not mean impossible. It just means unlikely."

bartelby
01-25-2007, 05:22 PM
enough with the negativity, let's hear some thom

analyse
8a88EYfh-co&mode

videotape
O0MI3gtaqfY&mode

the clock
4L-xPDgDZA8&mode

bartelby
01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
one more for good measure

cymbal rush
IhaZc2ZlO08&mode

freeofbodyfreeofmind
01-26-2007, 06:01 PM
i dunno theres sum stupid fuck on one of the other sections on this forum trying to tell tickets or whatever and he was like ooo ya buy em for the ratm reunion and radiohead but ya cant take sum random guys word

Ariana
01-26-2007, 06:57 PM
i say thom plays at the same time as RATM. That way everyone will be distracted and it won't be too crowded :]