PDA

View Full Version : coffee!!!

caco0283
03-14-2007, 07:24 AM
how much coffee do you guys drink a day...for the past 6 weeks ive been drinking 3-5 cup a day and also about 1-3 expresses a day

menikmati
03-14-2007, 07:26 AM
http://sabryzero.altervista.org/BillyCorganZero.gif

jackstraw94086
03-14-2007, 07:26 AM
go easy on those expresses

caco0283
03-14-2007, 07:29 AM
i know...its just these damn italians i work with....they drink so much of it that it became a habit....its only 11:30 right now and the blonde bimbo as i speak is making coffee for the 3rd time...and there is only 7 of us in the office

blakely
03-14-2007, 07:30 AM
none, im allergic to caffeine.....

bartelby
03-14-2007, 07:31 AM
i moved to tea about 5 months ago...my stomach has never felt better

invisiblerobots
03-14-2007, 07:31 AM
http://web-express.ru/img/train.jpg

caco0283
03-14-2007, 07:39 AM
i moved to tea about 5 months ago...my stomach has never felt better

i was thinking about switching to tea for a bit but i just love coffee

bartelby
03-14-2007, 07:43 AM
i love coffee too but it really wasn't that hard for me to make the switch...just start off with a good dark tea - english breakfast/early grey/irish breakfast were my salvations..

caco0283
03-14-2007, 07:45 AM
thats the problem...coffee is my breakfast....coffee and cigarettes

bartelby
03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
mmmmmm smokes

i miss those

blakely
03-14-2007, 07:48 AM
chai tea is the best....

caco0283
03-14-2007, 07:49 AM
you have up cigarettes...coffee....don't tell me you gave up women too

bartelby
03-14-2007, 07:59 AM
lol...you'd think so

don't worry - there are always 'exceptions' to those rules

amyzzz
03-14-2007, 08:23 AM
I drink about one a month, usually decaf. I can't handle too much caffeine.

mozabilly54
03-14-2007, 08:33 AM
i hate coffee.

sighlent
03-14-2007, 09:19 AM
http://sabryzero.altervista.org/BillyCorganZero.gif

lollergasm

Californicator
03-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Since my second job is Barista @ Starbucks, I drink as much and whatever kinds of coffee and espresso I want.

My favorite drink: Soy latte.

UnicornsForBreakfast
03-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I drink it when I wake up, and before I leave the house (every time). Probably around 4-6 cups. I also drink tea. Constantly.

fober
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
I don't eat or drink anything caffeinated or carbonated.

kaeso
03-14-2007, 01:22 PM
when i make coffee i purposely use an excessive amount of beans with respect to the amount of water in order that i may consume the thickest and darkest of coffees

comiddle
03-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Two cups every couple of days or so. This is down from a couple of months ago when it was a pot and a half a day.

snowgirl_69
03-14-2007, 02:08 PM
when i make coffee i purposely use an excessive amount of beans with respect to the amount of water in order that i may consume the thickest and darkest of coffees

me 2!! Love the stuff.....have about 4 cups a day...maybe thats not too bad!

caco0283
03-14-2007, 02:29 PM
just made another pot of dark coffee....ahhhh its so good i want to scream

bumper31
03-14-2007, 02:30 PM
One and Only one...regular (or tall depending where I buy it from) Skimmed Vanilla Latte.....per day

If I have more than one I get the squits...I spose I have a lactose intolerance......

At the weekend though I push the boat out and get a grande (which is a grande in both Cafe Nero AND Starbucks so no regular/tall confusion)

chairmenmeow47
03-14-2007, 02:42 PM
coffee makes me go *barf*

prolly cause i got a coffee bean stuck up my nose as a kid, lol. i can't even stand the smell.

i <3 iced-tea though. drink it way more than i prolly should, lol.

smilingdownward
03-14-2007, 03:16 PM
i love coffee, love love love it! i drink 1/2 pot a day so around 6 cups or more.
ive cut back alot since moving to CA, they dont have the espresso options like they in WA. man i could go for some bigfootjava right now. although the best coffee i have ever had is in san francisco on haight and masonic. wonderful stuff. the best ever! i need to get up there again.
starbucks:poo is ok, but most of the time i would rather go without espresso than to drink starbucks:poo .
ive switched to tea (early gray, jasmine green tea) at work because the ppl make crapy coffee here, and i have a spacific cream to surgar/splanda ratio that i like and they dont have a 24hr espresso bar like i was used to.:mad:

codytwo
03-14-2007, 03:25 PM

i know...its just these damn italians i work with....they drink so much of it that it became a habit....its only 11:30 right now and the blonde bimbo as i speak is making coffee for the 3rd time...and there is only 7 of us in the office

ghettojournalist
03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
i don't drink coffee regularly, but i do drink a can of soda per day (to keep the doctor away).

MarkO
03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I make a 20oz coffee every day for work and sometime grab another 12oz at work. On my days off, I drink ~30oz of coffee a day. I usually have a couple of sodas with lunch too.

woogie846
03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I might have a cup o' joe like once every week or two.

The only drink that I have regularly, like a couple of times a day is cranberry juice. Breakfast, lunch, and sometimes with a snack.

jimmycrackcorn
03-14-2007, 03:49 PM
none...
only coffee i ever drink is iced coffee and very infrequently

dedzilla
03-18-2007, 04:00 PM
I drink probably 2-4 double-shots of espresso per day during the winter. Sometimes I'll add a cup of drip in the morning. We have an espresso machine right in the office, so it costs me nothing. Although right around late spring I find I don't need as much caffeine. So I use this time to lower my tolerance and drink a cup of tea or some chai. I have some friends that don't drink coffee. I don't know how they do it. And honestly, I'd like to stop drinking caffeine but I'm completely dependent upon it. Without coffee of tea, I just don't wake up or get any work done during the day.

samiksha
03-18-2007, 04:12 PM
coffee gives me seizures.

fatbastard
03-18-2007, 05:41 PM
I drink a cup or 2 of decaf every once and awhile. Mostly green tea every morning.

tessalasset
03-18-2007, 05:53 PM
i have a tall nonfat mocha from starbucks every morning before work. lately i haven't been working long enough hours (more than 12) to warrant another one. i wish i liked coffee cause its so much cheaper, but we dont even have a coffee machine in the office and i never have any time during the day to walk down to starbucks and get one. im contemplating investing in an espresso/steam milk machine so i can make my own mochas before work cause it's really adding up. i spend about 100 bucks a month on starbucks. its ridiculous. but then if i am late for work one day and skip it, im dead.

full on idle
03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
A workplace without a coffee machine should be reported to your local union representative.

At our work we have a Peet's coffee machine that you just put your cup in and push a couple buttons and it freshly grinds and brews a gorgeous, fragrant cup of coffee. Just for you. I don't think I'm dependent on it, but it definitely makes the world a little sharper first thing in the morning.

I go through coffee phases. Since I moved here I've been getting coffee in the mornings. I think it correlates with how lazy I'm feeling, when I'm being proactive and taking care of b, coffee's in my life. When I'm just kicking round, I'll usually skip the java. I bought one of those pod-one-cup-coffee machines a couple years ago and I still had like ten boxes of pods when I moved because I never used it. I like going out to get it.

miscorrections
03-18-2007, 06:08 PM
i rely on coffee for 8 am class...lots and lots of black coffee.

idrive1life
03-18-2007, 11:06 PM
1 Venti (House/Breakfast Blend) in the morning
1 Tall/Grande (Caramel/Marble Mocha Macchiato or Green Tea Latte) in the afternoon/evening (3 x a week)

Lounge Fly
03-18-2007, 11:25 PM
chai tea is the best....

I'm with you on that. I got really sick before Christmas and my hairdresser bought me a shitload of spiced chai. I had never had it before but the stuff's money. I've been drinking it every day since.
I drink coffee too, probably too much

Lounge Fly
03-18-2007, 11:27 PM
lots and lots of black coffee.

I like my coffee how I like my women...

ground up and in the freezer!

miscorrections
03-18-2007, 11:33 PM
delicious.

coldstart
03-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Down with $tarbucks....I managed an non-corporate coffee shop for a while and $tarbucks really fucked the owner.

My drink: Fill 8oz glass with ice, fill glass half way with 1/2 and 1/2, pour a double shot gently on top so the espresso and cream stay seperated and consume immediately.

caco0283
03-19-2007, 04:42 AM
At our work we have a Peet's coffee machine that you just put your cup in and push a couple buttons and it freshly grinds and brews a gorgeous, fragrant cup of coffee. Just for you. I don't think I'm dependent on it, but it definitely makes the world a little sharper first thing in the morning

i hate those machines....when i was at MTV we had a Flava (i think that's what its calledd) machine. Taste like crap I think.

Pixiessp
04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Drink one cup of Don Francisco Butterscotch Toffee Coffee at home and one cup of some worthless crap at work pretty much 5 days a week.
Every 3 days(approx.) a few of us go to Simone's(independent coffee shop)
for blended coffee drinks.
Used to drink about 5 to 6 cups a day but I developed bad stomach issues.
I really should not drink coffee at all but I have no other vices left
so fat chance.

corbo
04-06-2007, 07:08 PM
ever since my left eye started twitching ive cut back from 3 cups down to 1 per day

canexplain
04-06-2007, 07:41 PM
geez i am way to addicted to life and its things ... i drink a pot a day, and usually it gets too cold for me , so i run it thru again .. maybe three times thru the day, so it gets stronger each time .... so maybe 12-15 cups a day ... but then i only sleep about 3-5 hours each night, so it keeps me going .. cr*****

suprefan
04-06-2007, 07:43 PM
I have not had a cup of coffee since I went to visit my grandparents in Guatemala. That was back in 2000. I dont intend to have another cup of coffee until I visit them again.

Jenniehoo
04-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I have one cup of coffee a day on the days I'm at work and none on the weekends. If for some reason I'm tired and I decide to have TWO cups, I look at whoever else is in the kitchen and I say, "It's a TWO COFFEE kind of day!!" and I laugh and they laugh and I die a little inside...

rampaige
04-06-2007, 08:00 PM
I have to have coffee in the morning, but only one cup. More than that and I get the shakes and start feeling nauseous. Lately I've become obsessed with making iced coffee, because I like something cold and refreshing when the weather is warm. I used to always have a Coke in the mornings with my pop-tart, but I'm trying to cut all soda out of my diet.

On a somewhat related note, I had heard that soda would take care of corrosion on car batteries. I tried it out today, because I was helping my husband jump his car, but we couldn't get a connection off my battery cause there was so much corrosion. A splash or two of coke later and the corrosion was gone. That pretty much cemented my decision to stop drinking soda.

corbo
04-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I have not had a cup of coffee since I went to visit my grandparents in Guatemala. That was back in 2000. I dont intend to have another cup of coffee until I visit them again.

GUATEMALA? ITS ALL COCONUTS AND FISHBLADDERS DOWN THERE.

supre if you cant tell me what episode thats from and who said it ...you will have to surrender you avatar to me.

PrettyRagdoll
04-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I love coffee which could be the reason I work at Starbucks.... But I go through phases of nothing but nothing but coffee or nothing but tea

suprefan
04-06-2007, 08:55 PM
GUATEMALA? ITS ALL COCONUTS AND FISHBLADDERS DOWN THERE.

supre if you cant tell me what episode thats from and who said it ...you will have to surrender you avatar to me.

"Supermodel" sucka, and I would never surrender my avatar to you. Keep your lil Family Guy one and be happy.

corbo
04-06-2007, 08:57 PM
gawd dammit! you fucking googled it!

suprefan
04-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Did I? Ummm I just saw your reply, so I answered. The avatar isnt just there for looks ya know. I do like Aqua Teen, A LOT.

roberto73
04-06-2007, 09:50 PM
4-ish cups in the morning to wake me up, and a couple more scattered throughout the day. In my weaker moments I've been known to carry around some of those chocolate-covered coffee beans. It's a sickness.

joppy-slow
04-07-2007, 07:56 AM
I try to limit myself to 1 cup of coffee on Fri, Sat and Sun mornings.. it just seems to be much more of a treat when I limit myself to it, and I also get that nice morning buzz going.. i have friends at work who have like 4 cups each morning and they would go into junky withdrawls if they didnt have it.
I did go through an energy drink faze where I was drinking like 2 redbulls or a huge Monster everyday for like 2 months straight.. I absolutely love the smell of redbull.. love it.. I think i've tried every enegry drink on the market except redline and cocaine (we don't have that one her in utah)

Courtney
04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I love coffee which could be the reason I work at Starbucks.... But I go through phases of nothing but nothing but coffee or nothing but tea

I worked at Starbucks for a while. I would stay up all night and then come in for the early morning shift and do like 5 or 6 shots of espresso with my co-workers. It was really fun.

But I gave up caffeine 16 months ago. It was making me all anxious and twitchy and gave me road rage for some reason. I miss it a little bit.

atom heart
04-07-2007, 08:14 AM
I used to drink coffee, not on any regular basis, but I found that Starbucks made me kind of sick every time I drank it.

Now I drink green tea, I don't like anything darker unless it's chai.

SubBass49
04-07-2007, 08:52 AM
I like coffee...the darker the better...also I try to brew a new pot of green tea extra strong every few days and I take that to work with me.

Coffee with breakfast...
Tea the rest of the day...

jerpar24
04-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm all about tea...

JustSteve
04-07-2007, 09:41 AM
i use the kuerig system with the little preportioned cups that you just drop in and push a button and when done just pull the cup out and toss it, no clean up whatsoever. i use it more for tea right now, timothy's gunpowder green tea is my favorite.

fasttrack
04-07-2007, 11:29 AM
i'm not such a big fan of coffee. i would definately much rather have some tea.

miscorrections
04-07-2007, 11:33 AM
i really like coffee, but unfortunately caffeine no longer has an effect on me. even gross ass energy drinks can't keep me awake anymore.

SojuGorae
04-07-2007, 12:22 PM
If I'm out of green tea, I'll drink about 3 cups a day

SubBass49
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
i really like coffee, but unfortunately caffeine no longer has an effect on me. even gross ass energy drinks can't keep me awake anymore.

Have you tried the Sugar Free version of Howling Monkey? I swear by that stuff...tastes much better than the other energy drinks too...

miscorrections
04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
i have never even heard of it, but i'll try to get my hands on some before midterms.

gaypalmsprings
01-11-2009, 09:55 AM
http://programmershouse.ifrance.com/FUN/CAFE-MACHINE.JPG

coldstart
01-11-2009, 12:20 PM

You realize espresso has less caffeine than a cup of drip coffee, right?

I limit my caffeine to 1 cappuccino / day now. I used to manage a coffee shop and we were really anal about preparing espresso and drinks so I used to practice pulling shots all day and even though we were just sipping off of them, I'd consume probably about 10-15 shots or so. We were training to be in some of the world barista competitions.

coldstart
01-11-2009, 12:21 PM

Is something wrong or is it just me? I've seen three posts from you in the last few minutes that are blank.

shakermaker113
01-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Is something wrong or is it just me? I've seen three posts from you in the last few minutes that are blank.

the image hosts are probably blocking links from other sites. if you're really curious you can edit his post to find the image: http://programmershouse.ifrance.com/FUN/CAFE-MACHINE.JPG

once you click on the link then come back to the page the posts will suddenly work, because your browser has the image cached. confusing and annoying.

EDIT: actually clicking that link doesn't even work. you must copy and paste the URL into your web browser. also, since this board is now automatically converting links, I must do this to get the URL without an ellipsis in the middle of it. how retarded.

PrettyRagdoll
01-11-2009, 04:18 PM
When I opened at Starbucks I'd drink a quad shot of espresso at 5 in the morning and then maybe two tall cups over the course of my shift. Now... about 20 oz worth of coffee.

ArcadeParade
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
NESPRESSO!

shakermaker113
01-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I just had an espresso.