PDA

View Full Version : Best place to fly to?

magicbullet
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Never been to Coachella before, gonna be flying from Ottawa Canada and wondering what city is closest to the site?

also are there any busses or how would i get from the airport to the actual site? rent a car?...?

Im hoping to catch a plane early morning the 27th and get there as soon as possible..

thoughts/advice?

formeremployee
01-22-2007, 07:34 PM
try craigslist.org for carpools. car rentals are of course an option, as well as greyhound out of vega, la, or palm springs (or almost any socal location for that matter). Palm Springs is the closest commercial airport (30 min from the venue) , but flight prices are high. Anywhere around LA would be cheaper.

dflood75
01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Ontario.

epileptic_lunacy
01-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Never been to Coachella before, gonna be flying from Ottawa Canada and wondering what city is closest to the site?

also are there any busses or how would i get from the airport to the actual site? rent a car?...?

Im hoping to catch a plane early morning the 27th and get there as soon as possible..

thoughts/advice?

san diego? i just bought a r/t plane ticket on orbitz from DC to san diego for $250 incl taxes. this is a good deal. i think san diego's about hour and a half from coachella.

chunk
01-23-2007, 08:38 AM
san diego? i just bought a r/t plane ticket on orbitz from DC to san diego for $250 incl taxes. this is a good deal. i think san diego's about hour and a half from coachella.

if you drive 95 the whole way. ontario is the closest and easiest. just shoot out east from the airport for about 1 3/4 hours.

RockaPotaMus
01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Don't mislead newcomers to the driving techniques of LA. 95 all the way? Good luck. Your time may be right, but there's traffic, my dad drives the freeways alot, and I'm thinking 2 hours from Malibu to Palm Springs, average speed, 80. Geez, don't kill yourself to get there or cause an accident that holds the rest of us up just to hear the music. Like someone said there is an airport in Palm Springs. Coachella is close to Indio, aren't there hotels there too?

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 05:28 PM

It's about 2hours, but flying into san diego can be cheaper sometimes, and is much less of a zoo then LAX.

diddums100
01-24-2007, 06:53 AM
how far away is LAX from the site if we were to rent a car and drive ourselves?

B@Th*nG

grain
02-01-2007, 11:52 AM
ontario int'l airpot is definitly closer and easier than LAX

orbit
02-01-2007, 11:53 AM
It's about 2hours, but flying into san diego can be cheaper sometimes, and is much less of a zoo then LAX.

Is faster going from San Diego than from LAX?