PDA

View Full Version : Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

faxman75
02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
So far so good. Today was day 2 of bike commuting and I love it. Today after work I walked the dog and then biked to Encanto Park and shot hoops for about an hour. I'm just getting my fundamentals down at this point since it's been a long time. I worked on things like dribbling lulz, free throws and running around chasing the loose ball after I missed.

Tomorrow I have class so i'll be biking to work, school and then home. Moving to this part of town was probably the best idea i've had in a decade.

romanticizer
02-28-2012, 06:33 PM
I have been comfort eating because it's been a rough week but I'm still maintaining 135. Now to get to 120...ugh.

MoSetsfire
02-28-2012, 07:41 PM
For rapid weight loss, High intensity interval training. 100%/150% intervals. (so if you sprint for 30 seconds you walk for 45 seconds. etc

Courtney
02-28-2012, 07:53 PM
You must spend at least fifteen minutes a day pissing. I can get annoyed having to pee all the time.

Hahaaa this is SO true.

I am a pretty devout water-drinker, and I ALWAYS am peeing. I was at a three-day event this weekend, and there was this one woman who also attended who was sort of neurotic about brushing her hair. Every two or three hours, we would bump into each other in the ladies room: she would be brushing, and I would be peeing. It was pretty comical by the third day.

MoSetsfire
02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Hahaaa this is SO true.

I am a pretty devout water-drinker, and I ALWAYS am peeing. I was at a three-day event this weekend, and there was this one woman who also attended who was sort of neurotic about brushing her hair. Every two or three hours, we would bump into each other in the ladies room: she would be brushing, and I would be peeing. It was pretty comical by the third day.

try drinkin 2 gallons. even the diabetic guy at work thinks i use the bathroom too much.

flowbee
02-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I have been comfort eating because it's been a rough week but I'm still maintaining 135. Now to get to 120...ugh.

I have about 10 more lbs to lose to be in prime Coachella shape myself. I recently bought a 2-pack of this new bread at Costco called Sin Dawg. It looked to me like a regular loaf of bread but to my surprise it's about 3200 calories of cinnamon roll goodness, each. Will be doing some extra cardio to burn this shit off

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-KK2ZPJjAvVs/Tu9w6vL7D3I/AAAAAAAAZJQ/J-k11N9p1wk/IMG_5467.JPG

MoSetsfire
02-29-2012, 04:31 PM
3200 calories is a lot... thats an entire pound. just sayin

flowbee
02-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I didn't read the nutrition label, it just looked interesting and was only about $8.99 for 2.

MoSetsfire
02-29-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.naturesownbread.com/nat_varieties/variety.cfm?categoryid=100&productid=734

35 calories per slice of bread. thats where its at.

NachoCat
02-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Ran 1 mile on the treadmill in 7:30... I don't run that much but I felt pretty good about that.

Goatchella
02-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Stud horse

keeshonjohnson
02-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Are we the same person? This is exactly my weight, my goal and my problem!

faxman75
02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Ran 1 mile on the treadmill in 7:30... I don't run that much but I felt pretty good about that.

Pfft I can do it in twice that time.

faxman75
03-01-2012, 07:06 AM
I have been feeling physically really good lately. Yesterday I bike road about 5 miles total. 3 miles RT to work and 2 miles RT to school. No fast food this week. I feel like things are fitting better but overall I just love this new bike commuter lifestyle. I haven't driven my car since Sunday. I may have to break down and drive to the grocery store tonight. I'm eating breakfast at home which consists of two eggs and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Lunch has been a cafe steamer (it's hard to break convenience habits but they are low cal. at least) and dinner is usually meat and green veggies.

I'm sure it's helping that I haven't been drinking alcohol very much. I haven't had even a beer since the 18th and my fridge has been stocked with some good beer. That will change before the end of this weekend. I don't own a scale so I have no idea what I weighed a month ago or today. I'm just sticking to some basic healthy living and enjoying other things in moderation.

MoSetsfire
03-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I have been feeling physically really good lately. Yesterday I bike road about 5 miles total. 3 miles RT to work and 2 miles RT to school. No fast food this week. I feel like things are fitting better but overall I just love this new bike commuter lifestyle. I haven't driven my car since Sunday. I may have to break down and drive to the grocery store tonight. I'm eating breakfast at home which consists of two eggs and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Lunch has been a cafe steamer (it's hard to break convenience habits but they are low cal. at least) and dinner is usually meat and green veggies.

I'm sure it's helping that I haven't been drinking alcohol very much. I haven't had even a beer since the 18th and my fridge has been stocked with some good beer. That will change before the end of this weekend. I don't own a scale so I have no idea what I weighed a month ago or today. I'm just sticking to some basic healthy living and enjoying other things in moderation.

You have motivated me into buying a bike.

faxman75
03-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Nice. People told me not to spend hundreds of dollars on one because I live in the city so basically I have a cheap NEXT brand bike that I purchased on craigslist for $40 and I purchased a nice comfy seat for it a lock and a helmet. I still look at craigslist bikes. I almost want to buy a backup bike just in case something happens to this one. I like to be prepared.

MoSetsfire
03-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Nice. People told me not to spend hundreds of dollars on one because I live in the city so basically I have a cheap NEXT brand bike that I purchased on craigslist for $40 and I purchased a nice comfy seat for it a lock and a helmet. I still look at craigslist bikes. I almost want to buy a backup bike just in case something happens to this one. I like to be prepared.

Yeah, I craigslist everything these days. I don't know how long to get it. how tall are you? what is your bike length?

faxman75
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm 5'7 and I don't think my bike is the correct size for me but it works well enough for my bike riding at this point. I would just follow this standard chart. I was going nuts for a bit trying to find a specific size on craigslist but most people have no clue and i'm included in that bunch so finally I just purchased one of the first cheap bikes I found.

This chart is what I would go off of if you look for the specific size for your height and inseam.

http://bicycling.about.com/od/howtoride/a/bike_sizing.htm

HotHamWater
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM

What a coincidence. I decided to run a mile yesterday before my weight workout, and I did it in 7:30. I felt good and good probably have done it in less time. I really feel great about that. A year ago, I would have really strained to do that.

Great job, Nach.

romanticizer
03-01-2012, 10:50 AM
So, I'm toning right now but I'm finding right over my midsection I cannot get that layer of fat off (typical). Any ideas?

I'm doing Pilates 6X/week.
Strength training 4 - 5X/week.
Cardio 4X/week.

Genowarp
03-01-2012, 10:53 AM
So, I'm toning right now but I'm finding right over my midsection I cannot get that layer of fat off (typical). Any ideas?

Cardio 4X/week.

probably your diet? seems like your doing everything else right.

M Sparks
03-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I started working out right after Christmas, nothing too hardcore, but 60-90 minutes of activity 6 days a week. Wasn't looking to do anything dramatic, just slow and steady loss. I put on 3 pounds in 6 weeks, which was very discouraging. I know some of that was due to putting on muscle, but I am already kind of muscular under the flab, and I just wanted to burn the fat.

A little less than 2 weeks ago, I actually dialed back my exercise a bit and radically changed my diet. I'm actually probably eating more, but being sticking to a strict regimen. I'm down 7 pounds. Legumes, veggies, and a small portion of meat at every meal...pretty much what Mom used to put on the plate when I was a kid, except I'm a better cook, so it's not so bland. It's cheap too. I have very few cravings, and after I've lost the weight, I will have better eating habits and be able to maintain easier while still allowing myself splurges.

Caloric cycling is part of the plan too...I'm supposed to splurge one day a week and I'm even encouraged to go overboard to fire up the metabolism again. But after the first week of eating healthy, I wasn't even craving much, except for Pizza. I had some for lunch, but later I went out to a bar and faced with a bunch of burgers and sandwiches, I wound up having French Onion Soup. My "cheat day" is coming up in 2 days and I'm not even really thinking about it. I'm amazed how easy it's been to make a huge change by keeping it simple.

MoSetsfire
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Cardio 4X/week.

How much water a day do you drink? some of that "Fat" may actually be water rerserves. Also, whats your diet like? (Reasking Geno's question)

LetThereBeLight
03-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi guys. So...I gave up on my overly-ambitious 20 lbs by coachella idea, BUT I've lost 3 lbs just by eating better, which amazes me. I woke up today and felt happier about how I look. Thought I'd share :)

Unrelated; how the hell do you drink so much water?? I drink 8 glasses a day (plus coffee, lol) and I feel like I'm always going to the bathroom.

Also, Mo, where do you buy that bread? I have such a hard time not eating bread...I think I would feel a lot better about it if it was 35 calories per slice. Haha.

romanticizer
03-03-2012, 06:19 PM
I had a cheat last night. But generally my diet looks like this:

Breakfast (any of these options):
Oatmeal with skim milk
Low sugar/high fiber cereal with skim milk
High protein smoothie
Egg scramble with avocado (no salt)
Tofu jerky

Lunch:
Protein bar
Soup
Falafel in wheat pita
Smoothie
Veggie rolls

Dinner:
Salad
Vegetarian chicken breast, wild rice, vegetables
Rice with kimchi
Quinoa with pesto
Asian noodles with vegetables
Veggie burger

Snacks:
Fruit
Tofu jerky
Almonds
Rice cakes with hummus

chairmenmeow47
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
way to go, marc!

i have been bad lately. i'm eating like the world is about to end. it doesn't help that i've been learning how to bake pie. i've gained a few pounds, though i'm still exercising every day. i started yoga again this weekend; hopefully i can keep it up without too much pain.

nyarlathotoats
03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, after a weekend of eating regularly, I'm back on this diet. God help me.

lilee
03-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Dinner:
Salad
Vegetarian chicken breast, wild rice, vegetables
Rice with kimchi
Quinoa with pesto
Asian noodles with vegetables
Veggie burger

just curious--what does a vegetarian chicken breast taste like/contain?

Also, what are people's thoughts on rest days? yesterday i planned my workouts for the week cause i was feeling all motivated [hello march already!] but i woke up this morning so sore i've been hobbling around my office like an old woman. do you guys typically plan rest days and power through till then or just take one when you think your body maybe needs one? i'm always torn on this issue :/

romanticizer
03-05-2012, 09:53 AM
I eat Quorn which is a fungi/mushroom product.

GuyInTucson
03-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I have hit a platform. I have hovered between 180 and 185 for a couple of weeks now (currently at 183). I am still fitting into my pants better though as time passes so I am probably burning fat and gaining muscle. I don't think getting below 175 would look good on me, so I have adjusted my goal accordingly.

guedita
03-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I think you mean a plateau.

Mr. Fuzz
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM

This is pretty good but I'd be more impressed if you ran 4 miles in 30 mins.

captncrzy
03-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I've been away from this thread for a while. Haven't had a good week because I've been way too busy, but I've been feeling healthy overall. I'm closer to being able to kill a man with my bare hands and get away with it on foot than I was last year.

Me too, buddy. Our kickboxing instructor regularly has us dragging 100lbs of dead weight bags. Next time I need to drag a body to a canal, I'm all set.

I wouldn't recommend pissing me off.

GuyInTucson
03-05-2012, 12:23 PM
I think you mean a plateau.

Yes, I don't know why I said platform.

NachoCat
03-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Had a horrendous weekend as far as fitness goes. The all out assault on my gut this weekend consisted of 5 bacon wrapped hot dogs, sweet tea vodka's, 18 wings, cheese burger & fries. Sunday night my stomach felt like a garbage dump. Itís ridiculous how crappy you feel after doing a 180 like that.

Figured I needed some cardio last night to counter act the shit show from the weekend. In 60 min I did 5.69 miles, 1050 feet of incline on the treadmill. Wanted to stop at 40 min but pushed through... I would switch off between running at about an 8 with a 2% incline then walk at about 3.8-4.1 with an incline anywhere from 4-9.

This weekend Im going to see how I fair out on the trails and see if I can beat that

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2012, 09:04 AM
i had a similar weekend nacho, but am glad to hear you're back on track and pushing through the pain!

sonofhal
03-07-2012, 05:45 AM
2 weeks into my Lent detox and 6lbs lighter. Haven't really done a lot of exercise. Have just cut out the shit food. Will catch up on it all in April, no doubt.

faxman75
03-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Biking more and more each day. Yesterday I rode my bike to and from work then to a coffee shop about a mile away then from there I rode my bike to the middle of downtown Phoenix before riding back home again. It was likely about 6 or 7 miles total.

Oh and I came across this thing. I don't know how much use i'll have for it but it looks fantastic with overwhelmingly positive reviews for you work at home or laptop users.

http://www.amazon.com/FitDesk-Compact-healthy-computing-gaming/dp/B003JTLJFY/ref=tsm_1_fb_s_amzn_m0h57v?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1331055757&sr=1-1

psychic friend
03-08-2012, 05:04 PM
So I crashed during our festival staff potato sack races earlier today and kind of landed mushing my big toe. I can bend it. But it is very painful and is hard to walk without looking like it hurts. Do you think this is just like, soreness from mashing it? or could it be a sprain? And how long before it is better? Is it like a bruise healing? Anyone?

koryp
03-08-2012, 05:45 PM
What happens in the next 48 hours will tell you the most about how long it'll take to heal Dani. If it proceeds to form a dark, deep, profuse bruise around the area that hurts, it could be a small fracture and would take a couple months to heal. That's the worse case scenario. More likely you have a sprain or contusion, that will heal up in two to three weeks on it's own. Some things you can do to speed the recovery time are, Rest the toe by taking a day or two off from training, and when you do resume training, buddy tape the toe to the one next to it. Ice it down at least three times a day for twenty minutes at a time. Submersion works better than an ice pack. Compress it with tape. Wrap it tight. Not so tight to reduce blood flow, but more like a tight pair of socks would feel. Elevate the foot whenever you can. If you're sitting on your ass, make sure the foot is higher than your ass. If you do all of this it should heal up in a week.

Ibuprofen every 6 hours for the next two days will also help.

psychic friend
03-12-2012, 04:46 PM
yup.. dark purple/pink. kind of gross looking. but now after 4 days it barely hurts at all. and not nearly as gross looking.

RageAgainstTheAoki
03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Anyone have a crossfit gym in the LA area to recommend? I need to shake things up. I've done well over the last year. Dropped over 45 lbs and maintained the loss, but I've seriously plateaued despite eating right (lean protein/low carb - 4 to 5 small meals a day), weightlifting 4 days a week and doing HIIT 6 days a week.

mmsk123
03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Crossfit Mean Streets in downtown :D It's where I work out. No bs or fancy stuff, just straight working out. It's love or hate really, but I love it. Brick Crossfit is actually pretty good too (Andrea Ager is a trainer there and works out at our gym quite a bit she is third in the games rankings right now.) And Valley Crossfit has a bunch of badasses too. Ignore the prices on the website.

RageAgainstTheAoki
03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Jesus. Is everyone at Crossfit Mean Streets an Olympic athlete/swimwear model or is that just the pics?

Cameron Frye
03-13-2012, 07:25 AM
cracked 200 lbs for the first time in about 2 years, i'm about 195 right now. not bad for 6'5"

started running 5 mile hills on the treadmill 3 days a week now. i'm prbly the most athletic i've ever been, which is pretty cool. the no booze / no drugs sober thing helped a lot.

RageAgainstTheAoki
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
That's awesome, Cameron. Congrats!

chairmenmeow47
03-13-2012, 12:14 PM
thanks for the submersion advice, kory. i also messed up my big toe. i only have like two pairs of flats i can wear to work, so this has been frustrating.

i have to say i've been pretty bad the past month. i still have walked every day this year, but i'm not doing as much after work as i should be. obviously my health is a factor, but i can't use that as an excuse every day. i've been depressed and find i eat a lot more. i need to cut this out.

i've actually been considering a raw food juice fast after watching "fat, sick, and near death" and also reading/hearing about other people's experiences. specifically a girl with my syndrome was able to heal herself. she had a less-severe version of the syndrome though. i got the ok from my doctor yesterday, so long as i don't juice any of the foods on my bad list. i have a friend who will lend me a juicer and gave me advice on the green leafy vegetables and superfoods to use.

i just am afraid because the juice tastes gross and i'm not a very good faster. i've only ever done it for surgery and always feel really weak. i'd like to try for two weeks, but i'm not sure that's doable. we'll see. anyone have any experiences they want to share?

also, the one thing i can be proud of recently is that even though i was super busy at work friday and flew to portland, i managed to get in a 20 minute walk at the airport. go me!

nyarlathotoats
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Quick question- I woke up this morning with a pain in my neck (must've slept wrong) and even with ibuprofen and aspercreme, its still here. I wanna still go jog/walk, but I wonder if I'll be doing more harm than good at this point.

Thoughts?

Cameron Frye
03-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Quick question- I woke up this morning with a pain in my neck (must've slept wrong) and even with ibuprofen and aspercreme, its still here. I wanna still go jog/walk, but I wonder if I'll be doing more harm than good at this point.

Thoughts?

i've done that before, with OTC painkillers not working. my experience has been it takes several days to go away. if you have trouble turning your head fully to the left or right i'd hold off on jogging for a few days.

should heal by itself

Newro7ic
03-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Thoughts?

Something like that, you really should be okay. When that happens to me, the muscle tends to loosen up throughout the day. I wouldn't worry about it.

MoSetsfire
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
I've been doing my cardio in a sauna suit with a neoprene ab belt. Its been brutal, but it should help me get some good tone in. 29 days til I leave for chella. This is my victory lap.

Cameron Frye
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
damn son

NachoCat
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Cameron, beat this

Treadmill

60min
1050 feet incline
5.69 miles

Cameron Frye
03-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Cameron, beat this

Treadmill

60min
1050 feet incline
5.69 miles

holy shit, nice. just reading that makes me brain dead

i'll keep track of total incline tomorrow - i'm usually dead and hate the treadmill @ the 5 mile mark. already not looking forward to tomorrow

Goatchella
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Been sick for three weeks nOw. Eating good still. I've only brOken the diet for a couple slices of banana cream pie.
Haven't worked out at all. Just no energy or strength.

My p90x has been only 20 days of work outs from the 60 I should have been doing all along.
I'm in great shape and lost weight before this sickness.

Not gonna meet my goals at all and that's painful.

nyarlathotoats
03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Fuck yeah! Did a 3 mile jog even with the pain in my neck.

Cameron Frye
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Fuck yeah! Did a 3 mile jog even with the pain in my neck.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lagkewyGYp1qzjix8.gif

psychic friend
03-13-2012, 05:32 PM
i think cameron, you should post pics of your progress. just sayin :p

Mr. Fuzz
03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Cameron, beat this

Treadmill

60min
1050 feet incline
5.69 miles

I'm going to try this on Saturday. I run 3.5miles in 30mins every morning. I only incline at a 1, though. What incline are you running at? I usually just run at a steady 7.5. I'm not going to lie...I have pumped it up to 8 just to see how you've been doing it : ). Someone told me that I should take it easy with the incline because that is how you can hurt yourself.

Mr. Fuzz
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I also started this pushup challenge at my gym. The goal is to do 900 in the month of March. I am at 310 since March 1st.

Im going to dl the album by Booka Shade entitled "Movements". I think that it might help. I'm kinda getting sick of all my favorite tunes.

Cameron Frye
03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
I also started this pushup challenge at my gym. The goal is to do 900 in the month of March. I am at 310 since March 1st.

Im going to dl the album by Booka Shade entitled "Movements". I think that it might help. I'm kinda getting sick of all my favorite tunes.

yea workout mix burn-out is not fun...had to wipe the nano clean last week and start from scratch. a lot more angrier songs

MoSetsfire
03-14-2012, 07:25 AM
yea workout mix burn-out is not fun...had to wipe the nano clean last week and start from scratch. a lot more angrier songs

My lifting tracks are pretty much Rage against the machine, Kanye, and deadmau5

Cameron Frye
03-14-2012, 07:28 AM
for lifting i've got NIN, Puddle of Mud, and the coup de gr‚ce...80's metal hair bands

that reminds me, i should put RATT's Round and Round on there right now

Goatchella
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Hurtin

RageAgainstTheAoki
03-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Puddle of Mud? Oy. I guess that would make one angry. I tend to lift to This American Life podcasts.

marooko
03-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech house/techno/acid house. I enjoy the consistency, and when a great track or mix is on it helps push a little harder. Rocking out to rock or something similar tends to make push too hard and lose focus on what I'm doing. Then my breathing and any sort of technique goes to shit.

NachoCat
03-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Sometimes I catch myself dancin a little at the gym. I kinda forget im there sometimes. "that guy"

MoSetsfire
03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Sometimes I catch myself dancin a little at the gym. I kinda forget im there sometimes. "that guy"

I sing and rap out loud when i work out. fuck the haters.

thestripe
03-14-2012, 08:53 AM
I sing and rap out loud when i work out. fuck the haters.

This is the worst.

Cameron Frye
03-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Puddle of Mud? Oy. I guess that would make one angry. I tend to lift to This American Life podcasts.

yea more for just lifting though, this is the only instance thinking about the ex-gf actually helps me out

for running i'd rather have on anything indie, chillwave bands like Teen Daze are usually good to listen to imo

MoSetsfire
03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
This is the worst.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltlyk6bND1qjgmqbo1_500.jpg

insbordnat
03-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm also the ass headbobbing/dancing in between sets. Alive 2007 has a permanent place on my iPod. I also listen to the Drum and Bass Arena Podcast and the Hospital Records Podcast pretty consistently. For a LONG time the Caspa & Rusko Fabric mix was a mainstay.

If I want to get really angry/amped, Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power or Far Beyond Driven do the trick.

Neighborhood Creep
03-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Skiing will be done for next week so it's back to the gym 3/4 times a week

Cameron Frye
03-14-2012, 11:19 AM
i haven't been on the slopes in 2 years :(

whelp, time to street run for an hour...going through SU campus should be fun

Mr. Dylanja
03-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Please don't use NIN and Puddle of Mud in the same sentence ever again.

chairmenmeow47
03-15-2012, 09:47 AM
this page is mostly the worst. mostly.

nyarlathotoats
03-15-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm also the ass headbobbing/dancing in between sets. Alive 2007 has a permanent place on my iPod.

If I want to get really angry/amped, Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power or Far Beyond Driven do the trick.

I can vouch for Alive 2007, especially Too Long/Steam Machine. "We Gon Move!"
For metal, i find myself listening to Enslaved while working out, but for Pantera, I would have to go with Official 101 Proof.

Mr. Fuzz
03-15-2012, 11:15 AM
I forgot my headphones this morning and it's a different experience. Won't be doing that again. The following are albums that have really worked for me (but I am sick of them):

Radiohead "In Rainbows"
The White Stripes "Elephant"
The Strokes "Is This It"
Nirvana "In Utero"
The Stooges "Funhouse"
Devo "Are Not Men"
Rage Against "self titled"
Kanye West "Graduation"
The Kills "Midnight Boom" & "Blood Pressures"
Pitchfork's 200 of 2000's

Booka Shade "Movement" is pretty good. I've only done one day with it...

marooko
03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I also listen to the Drum and Bass Arena Podcast .

I wish I could find this equivalent in house. This podcast is pretty bad ass. While I only looked for a day, the house podcasts I found were all old and haven't been updated. Every one of the DnB arena podcasts I've listened to have been pretty damn good.

MoSetsfire
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006C75V2W/ref=asc_df_B006C75V2W1937194?smid=AAS1JA9J9CGH3&tag=nextagusmp0382333-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B006C75V2W

I wear one of these when I work out. It stimulates sweat in the abdominal area and does a good job for back support when I'm lifting.

http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/everlastdeluxeevablacksaunasuit.cfm?source=placpc&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=EBB050-3&gclid=COalg5rD6a4CFS6htgodhQtNJg

I wear this and a hoody on top of it (because otherwise i look like an alien) when i do cardio.

Mr. Fuzz
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Damn. You wear that every time?

Cameron Frye
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM
I forgot my headphones this morning and it's a different experience. Won't be doing that again. The following are albums that have really worked for me (but I am sick of them):

Radiohead "In Rainbows"
The White Stripes "Elephant"
The Strokes "Is This It"
Nirvana "In Utero"
The Stooges "Funhouse"
Devo "Are Not Men"
Rage Against "self titled"
Kanye West "Graduation"
The Kills "Midnight Boom" & "Blood Pressures"
Pitchfork's 200 of 2000's

Booka Shade "Movement" is pretty good. I've only done one day with it...

solid track list

i listened to madeon for the entire 6.5 mile run today. also, never thought i'd say this...but i really really enjoy street running

guedita
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
this page is mostly the worst. mostly.

Agreement.

I did some jumping jacks to an audio cassette tape of pigeon's farting this morning.

MoSetsfire
03-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Damn. You wear that every time?

75% of the time i wear both. sometimes I get lazy and just do the belt.

NachoCat
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Agreement.

I did some jumping jacks to an audio cassette tape of pigeon's farting this morning.

Yeah but how many calories did you burn in your unrelenting quest to be cunt of the year?

guedita
03-15-2012, 11:43 AM

RageAgainstTheAoki
03-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Getting old sucks. Was working on triceps, chest and shoulders today. All was fine until my second set of tricep kickbacks. I was on my 7th or 8th rep and as my arm stretched back I felt a sudden stab of pain from my lower back up to my mid back. That lasted for just a second or two, but now my whole lower back is so sore and stiff, bending over more than 90 degrees is very painful and sitting down is uncomfortable. Maybe I wasn't ready for that extra 5 lbs.

Cameron Frye
03-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Getting old sucks. Was working on triceps, chest and shoulders today. All was fine until my second set of tricep kickbacks. I was on my 7th or 8th rep and as my arm stretched back I felt a sudden stab of pain from my lower back up to my mid back. That lasted for just a second or two, but now my whole lower back is so sore and stiff, bending over more than 90 degrees is very painful and sitting down is uncomfortable. Maybe I wasn't ready for that extra 5 lbs.

ah shit, sorry to hear that. just up your advil or NSAID instake for a solid week. lower back pulls are the fucking worst.

ran 6.5 miles today in about an hour, with hills. that makes almost 20 miles for the week

Mr. Fuzz
03-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Cameron, beat this

Treadmill

60min
1050 feet incline
5.69 miles

Fuck, I should've looked at this before I left. I just did 5.15miles in 50 mins. My incline was only 515'. I ran 3 miles at 1 incline and then walked one at like6. Then I ran another mile at 1 incline. I didn't take into account that I would be out drinking last night. I'll have to try it again. I think that I can beat that if I run at a 2 incline.

I just fucked by eating two scoops of cookies and cream after my lunch. Eek : /

insbordnat
03-20-2012, 05:41 PM
http://livefastmag.com/2012/03/countdown-to-coachella-2012-healthy-ways-to-get-in-shape/

More of a slant for the ladies.

NachoCat
03-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Oh, forgot to post my run from the other day.

Trail running/hiking
48 min
4.48 miles
750 incline

I felt like I worked twice as hard as that treamill run. A lot of it was soft gravel. Twice the work for half the speed.

challenger?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/nachocat/IMG_20120316_125526.jpg

Neighborhood Creep
03-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I wish I could run more than 6 blocks. I did just buy a bike though and plan on gaining a little stamina to help with a couple-per-week jogs. I rode it 5 miles to a driving range to hit a bucket of balls and then 5 miles back home today. First bike ride of the year. I'm gonna start doing trails with a friend once it dries up around the beginning of April.

Slackchella

insbordnat
03-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Oh, forgot to post my run from the other day.

challenger?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/nachocat/IMG_20120316_125526.jpg

Where is this? Squaw perimeter or something?

sonofhal
03-21-2012, 02:54 AM
9.5lbs lost in the last 4 weeks. 3 more weeks to go. Time to step it up.

insbordnat
03-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Bravo.

roberto73
03-21-2012, 03:40 AM
27 pounds lost since early December, which puts me three pounds away from my goal weight. Have to try hard not to backslide when I spend three days in D.C. next week.

NachoCat
03-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Where is this? Squaw perimeter or something?

South mountain

MoSetsfire
03-21-2012, 09:15 AM
I finally broke into the 180s. got my Body fat % measured yesterday and its 13.1% 4% to go til my goal

NachoCat
03-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Thats pretty good^ How did you test it? One of those handheld devices?

keeshonjohnson
03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
WAY TO GO ALL YOU LOSERS :D
Fantastic to see all the success. Keep at it everyone, just a few more weeks!

Goatchella
03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Snowboarding in 3ft powder gave me a harder workout than any miles or p90x this year.
Every muscle is hurtin and I did it drunk and stoned.

Had a smile on my face the whole time

guedita
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I had ACL knee surgery in October and I just now was able to run 2 full laps with no knee pain. At a pretty slow pace; but I'm finally glad that I'm at this point and can start working my way back to running some 5 and 10Ks. Woooooo.

HotHamWater
03-21-2012, 08:33 PM
I've been traveling, working, or immensely bothered by allergies for the past week. I haven't worked out since last Wednesday night. This week of inactivity is frustrating. I wish I could have worked out over the past few days, but I can't do much without coughing up a lung. I can't wait to get back on my routine, as I was doing really well. In a weird way, I'm liking the fact that I'm frustrated by this. It means I was focused.

Congrats to everyone on your progress.

NachoCat
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I had ACL knee surgery in October and I just now was able to run 2 full laps with no knee pain. At a pretty slow pace; but I'm finally glad that I'm at this point and can start working my way back to running some 5 and 10Ks. Woooooo.

Nice ! I hate that feeling of wanting to get in shape but being held back by an injury. I fucked up my hand about 2 months ago and its been a very slow process getting full range of motion back in it. Sometimes after taking a long hiatus like that I feel like it comes back quicker. Like my body just needed a good long rest. Go easy on the knee though, acl injuries can be a bitch and easily reinjured

Originalbob
03-22-2012, 04:01 AM
I've only lost 8 lbs since the beginning of this month. I havne't worked out like I said I told myself. Did some ab workouts and a stepper today. Fucking period and cough have had a HUGE impact on losing the appropriate amount. Just need to make more soups and drink more fluids--not beer.

Neighborhood Creep
03-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Posts pics of used tampons

NachoCat
03-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Please do not

lt.roast.a.botch
03-23-2012, 06:21 AM
wtf

guedita
03-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Nice ! I hate that feeling of wanting to get in shape but being held back by an injury. I fucked up my hand about 2 months ago and its been a very slow process getting full range of motion back in it. Sometimes after taking a long hiatus like that I feel like it comes back quicker. Like my body just needed a good long rest. Go easy on the knee though, acl injuries can be a bitch and easily reinjured

Yeah, this is the 3rd surgery I've had on this knee. 2 ACLs, 1 meniscus repair. If it happens again I'm just going all bionic.

Today I ran 3 laps and clocked in 25 minutes on the stationary bike. Hoping I won't be as disgustingly fat at Coachella as I was last year.

Originalbob
03-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Posts pics of used tampons

Fucking gross. You have a gf, why don't you partake of her fruit roll up, or earn your red wings.

The fact of women, they get bloated around that time. Simple as that. Sucks when you're trying to lose weight.

lt.roast.a.botch
03-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah, this is the 3rd surgery I've had on this knee. 2 ACLs, 1 meniscus repair. If it happens again I'm just going all bionic.

I also had some knee issues in the past (reoccurring MCL and ankle issues). I would hurt one leg, heal, then hurt the other leg . Extremely frustrating because I like to be active and play sports. I did yoga for about a year 5 years ago and havent had any problems since (I still stretch all the time and do some yoga balance poses). My theory is that yoga helped me recalibrate my center of balance which was thrown off after my first injury perpetuating more injuries. I know slightly different then your situation but could be something to look into.

MoSetsfire
03-27-2012, 07:20 AM
2 more weeks before we leave for chella. I'm using the last 2 weeks and scaling back my lifting for more cardio. Also eliminating 500 calories a day from my diet.

Cameron Frye
03-27-2012, 07:23 AM
what's your new daily caloric intake?

MoSetsfire
03-27-2012, 07:30 AM
what's your new daily caloric intake?

Probably will hover at 1400-1700

NachoCat
03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Cara - The knee is ready for dance mode though...RIGHT?

flowbee
03-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I never realized how awesome saunas and steam rooms are until this month. Glad I found a gym that has them finally. I think I like the steam rooms more but it's so great after a workout as long as you bring enough to drink. Preparing for the heat.

nyarlathotoats
03-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Alright! Went from dreading running my usual 3 miles after work, to actually running 4 miles. Coachella's pushing us all past the limit!

VigoTheCarpathian
03-30-2012, 07:13 PM
I'll start tomorrow

nyarlathotoats
03-30-2012, 10:01 PM
I'll start tomorrow

Better late than never vigo! Good luck

Mr. Fuzz
03-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Treadmill

Ran 5 miles in 44mins
6.17 in 1hr total

I'm pissed that it didn't show my overall incline. But I ran at a 2 for the 5 miles then kicked it up to 6.5 for a 15 min cool down. Overall I'm pretty pleased.

Cameron Frye
03-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Treadmill

Ran 5 miles in 44mins
6.17 in 1hr total

I'm pissed that it didn't show my overall incline. But I ran at a 2 for the 5 miles then kicked it up to 6.5 for a 15 min cool down. Overall I'm pretty pleased.

solid stuff - i've been running almost that exact distance in the same time frame while running outside.

i think i'm getting burned out from working out though

VigoTheCarpathian
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I went to maestros and had the bone-in fillet and now I'm high

VigoTheCarpathian
04-01-2012, 11:12 PM
On weed

NachoCat
04-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Just ate a cookie the size of a dinner plate.

Mugwog
04-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I'll do fitchella for EDC/*********. Food is too good and I haven't gone past 30 for my waist yet. YET.

Cameron Frye
04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
not particularly looking forward to running in 40 degrees tomorrow morning, at least it should be sunny out though.

Mr. Fuzz
04-02-2012, 07:20 PM
not particularly looking forward to running in 40 degrees tomorrow morning, at least it should be sunny out though.

We had a high of 65 today and definitely turning on the heater tonight. I hate running in the cold. That is the reason why I got my gym membership.

RageAgainstTheAoki
04-03-2012, 11:58 PM
I actually love running in the cold. Well, So Cal cold. Nothing below 45, I guess. Nearly 4 weeks after injuring my lower back lifting free weights, I'm finally getting some relief. I started doing a combination of lower back exercises and stretches that combine core strength, stretching and some yoga techniques. 45 mins of rolling around on the floor, every other day. Feeling a lot better as a result.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-04-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2012/04/coachella-diet-tips.html

Originalbob
04-05-2012, 12:58 AM
http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2012/04/coachella-diet-tips.html

If I hear this man talking in his "super-hip", monotone, droning voice behind me, watch me punch him in the throat and Tae Bo him in the balls with a quick fluid movement. That'll be MY daily dose of exercise to his nards... he must be on the boards.... fucker

malcolmjamalawesome
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Originalbob:she thinks the guy from hipster runoff is on the boards.

zircona1
04-05-2012, 06:43 AM
I've noticed I tend to run better when it's colder outside as opposed to when it's warm (of course, Cali heat isn't the same as midwest heat).

sonofhal
04-06-2012, 12:34 AM
14lbs total loss in last 6 weeks. Not bad, considering I've done fuck all exercise still.

sonofhal
04-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Lent over - 15.6lbs lost. Off to be fed Ricotta Pancakes by Gordon Ramsay to celebrate.

PBborn
04-08-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm going for twenty in two weeks. Not in a unhealthy way. Vegan diet cycling and weightlifting. From 245.8-239.5 in first two days. That's not water weight because I was drinking pots of coffee every day, and now I'm drinking liters of water a day. I'll be bummed if I only lose 15.

lt.roast.a.botch
04-09-2012, 02:48 PM
So is it time to carbo load yet?

insbordnat
04-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm going for twenty in two weeks. Not in a unhealthy way. Vegan diet cycling and weightlifting. From 245.8-239.5 in first two days. That's not water weight because I was drinking pots of coffee every day, and now I'm drinking liters of water a day. I'll be bummed if I only lose 15.

Keep telling yourself that. If you truly lost 6 lbs in 2 days (non water weight), that means that over those 2 days you had a 21,000 calorie deficit, which assuming your RMR is 2,000 calories per day and you ate zero calories (fasted), you did enough exercise to burn 17,000 calories (8,500 calories per day). Which equates to about 10 hours of vigorous exercise per day. And doing that much exercise and not eating anything would mean your glycogen stores are gone, you've bonked, and probably dead by not replenishing the energy.

Which is ok, as long as you don't do it in an unhealthy way.

kitt kat
04-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm trying for 10lbs before weekend 2, but considering how unlikely that is, I'll be happy with a solid 5.

Switching out all the crap in my diet for a variety of good things that I'll cycle in and out of my meals for variety.

Grilled plain chicken breast
Fresh vegetables
Plain whole wheat toast
non-fat cottage cheese
Eggs
Citrus
Tofu

I can totally live off this for two weeks. I need to get potato chips out of my system anyway. I mean, I'm down a good 10lbs in the past few months to begin with...just need to hit that list little bit!

NachoCat
04-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Dont be an idiot and go run 5 miles the day before you leave because you want to shed an extra lb. Rest up the 2 days before. The progress you will make in 1-2 days is not worth feeling run down and sore come Friday.

Goatchella
04-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I been sleeping and eating like a pig whenever I have time...

It's time to load up...cut out dairy products 100% to trip harder.

NachoCat
04-09-2012, 04:13 PM
No dairy. Check.

guedita
04-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I've been on a mostly liquid diet of gin and beer for the last week or so. Oops.

faxman75
04-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I guess I can check in since I got back form my hearly health screening at work. I have gained 12 pounds since this day last year. The good news is my cholesteral is perfect, blood pressure is normal, blood sugar is normal December 1st 2010 I weighed 300 pounds. I'm currently 278. The bad news is I was 250 in June of last year.

I bike to work every day and to school so hopefully over the next few months my eating habits and activity improve and my weight goes on. It seems almost all of the weight is in my stomach. Cardio cardio cardio. I know how to do it now I have to get it done.

amyzzz
04-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I haven't exercised in a couple weeks and I feel like a cow. I'm not gonna worry about it though. Long dresses cover everything.

kitt kat
04-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I guess I can check in since I got back form my hearly health screening at work. I have gained 12 pounds since this day last year. The good news is my cholesteral is perfect, blood pressure is normal, blood sugar is normal December 1st 2010 I weighed 300 pounds. I'm currently 278. The bad news is I was 250 in June of last year.

I bike to work every day and to school so hopefully over the next few months my eating habits and activity improve and my weight goes on. It seems almost all of the weight is in my stomach. Cardio cardio cardio. I know how to do it now I have to get it done.

What's important isn't the number, but the fact that all your levels are in check! Maybe the extra weight is all muscles and healthy pounds? Either way, having your BP/cholesterol down is something to be proud of!

roberto73
04-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Finally hit my 30-pound goal last Friday: 185 to 155 since early December. Gradually adding some bad foods back into my rotation so my system doesn't go into shock when I introduce it to four days of the Coachella diet.

weeklymix
04-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I hit my Coachella goal. It's go time.

chairmenmeow47
04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
i'm going to need pictures of the equipment that got you there weekly.

weeklymix
04-10-2012, 04:48 AM
It'll look a little like this:

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/lexus/lexus_gs_400_blue_04.jpg

weeklymix
04-10-2012, 04:49 AM
But mostly this:
http://www.classycars.org/Dodge/dodge.1970.Challenger-02.jpg

threeve
04-10-2012, 04:57 AM
I've yo-yo'ed up and down a few pounds since the beginning of the year (I'd like to think I added muscle weight). Been doing a lot more varied cardio since January so, even if I don't weigh less than I did last year, I think I'll have more stamina this year and be a little less flabby. And, I can do a pull-up pretty easily (compared to hanging like a frog before). Hitting the gym tonight for some biking, couch-to-5k interval running, some light weights, and maybe a shot at 2 pull-ups before leaving tomorrow. Kasabian on the ipod has helped increase my biking RPMs significantly :)

Congrats to everyone else who hit their big goals and even to those who didn't - the weekend will be awesome no matter what.

amandabomb
04-10-2012, 01:28 PM
So my goal was to lose 15 pounds by Coachella (Weekend 2), and I just have 2 more pounds to go! I've been using the My Fitness Pal app pretty much every day, working out 4-5 times a week, and just making little adjustments to my diet without officially dieting (i.e. if I know I'm gonna go out to eat/drink with friends, I'll eat a little less that day and workout a little more, rather than restricting myself). And not only that, but I'm officially in the 'normal' section of the BMI chart now, which I haven't been since high school!

FITCHELLA 2012! WOOT! :D

Miroir Noir
04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
My own personal story: during 2010 and 2011, I met my goal of losing the forty pounds I put on during law school prior to Coachella 2011. I weighed in at the gym yesterday, and -- with a few ups and downs here and there -- I have managed to maintain my current weight for a year. In some ways, I'm more proud of that than the original weight loss.

MoSetsfire
04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
in January I was a size 34. I am now between a 31-32. I'm ridiculously pleased with my efforts.

Chillzzz
04-10-2012, 01:59 PM
10 mile run today, very happy considering I couldn't run at all three weeks ago due to tendonitis, my rehab has been very effective

threeve
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
My own personal story: during 2010 and 2011, I met my goal of losing the forty pounds I put on during law school prior to Coachella 2011. I weighed in at the gym yesterday, and -- with a few ups and downs here and there -- I have managed to maintain my current weight for a year. In some ways, I'm more proud of that than the original weight loss.

congrats! law school weight is the worst.

faxman75
04-10-2012, 06:54 PM
What's important isn't the number, but the fact that all your levels are in check! Maybe the extra weight is all muscles and healthy pounds? Either way, having your BP/cholesterol down is something to be proud of!

I'm fairly certain it's a lot of fat and a little muscle and i'm pretty pleased that those other numbers look good. It's definitely encouragement going forward. Thanks!

kitt kat
04-11-2012, 06:01 PM
My diet is working well, but I WANT A BURGER :(

lt.roast.a.botch
04-11-2012, 06:25 PM
WEEKEND 1 ATTENDEES. CHANGE OF PLAN. TIME TO PUT ON WEIGHT TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM THE COLD.

guedita
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I played a softball game on Tuesday and a dodgeball game on Wednesday night and my entire right side is still insanely sore. The gin diet needs to be supplemented with some sort of strength training, it seems.

marooko
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Anyone reach any goals they had?

flowbee
04-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I lost some belly fat but not enough for the elusive 6 pack I wanted. I just went on a 2 week binge of comfort foods to combat PCD. Now its time to get back to it. I gotta remember Fitchella is year round, not just Jan-April

nathanfairchild
05-05-2012, 12:38 AM
well, going to coachella was kind of a wake up call to get in better shape this year. time for the 2013 thread?

vogina
05-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Will there be a 2013 edition?

amyzzz
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Jacob and I started the P90 routine on Saturday. We will see how this goes. I need to lose my belly.

euphonicfiend
05-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Anyone else ready for a 2013 thread? I know I sure am... been having way too much fun, which usually means not doing what I should be doing.

Neighborhood Creep
05-22-2012, 10:35 AM

I started at 202. My goal was 175. I am 178 now and realize I either need to tone up or lose another 15. I still have this amazing gut no matter how much weight I lose.

flowbee
05-22-2012, 05:26 PM
It's the last to go and first to come back

amyzzz
05-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Fucking sucks.

Goatchella
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
I started at 202. My goal was 175. I am 178 now and realize I either need to tone up or lose another 15. I still have this amazing gut no matter how much weight I lose.

P90x...do the ab ripper...dont quit early

amyzzz
05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm just doing the P90. There's an ab thing at the end of the cardio work-out that is pretty good, althoughI don't want really defined abs because they don't look all that great on a woman imo. Just make the goddamn belly go away already, P90!

GuyInTucson
05-22-2012, 05:51 PM

I came very close. I weighed myself for the first time in a while when I got back from Coachella and I had dropped to 177 and didn't have much fat left on my body. Unfortunately I have gained about 10 since then, but working it off.

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-23-2012, 02:43 AM
The Ab Ripper on P90X is a killer.

roberto73
05-23-2012, 03:38 AM

Yup. I started at 185 and was shooting for 155. Hit it a couple days before Coachella. Since the festival, though, I've been tremendously lazy and my workouts have been sporadic at best. I gained about 5 pounds back, so this week I've slowly been building up the mileage.

keeshonjohnson
05-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Started a new 8 week program at the gym tonight. Probably won't be able to walk tomorrow!

MoSetsfire
05-24-2012, 07:45 AM
I got 225 on bench 4x this morning. New record for me. Trying to get to 12x 225

bluemamba
05-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Where's the 2013 edition??

Anyways, I started trying to get in shape about 4 weeks ago. This is what i've been doing.

1. No fast food. If you have to ask, it's fast food.

2. Watch your servings. MyFitnessPal works good for this. I stay between 2200-2500 calorie intake. I've added a decent amount of fruits and vegetables in my diet.

3. Jump rope for about 10-15 minutes (actual jumping time). 3 times a week.

4. Basketball full court, hustling up and down the court. 20 minutes, twice a week.

Easiest 11 pounds I've ever lost. We'll see how long this lasts for before i hit a wall. When i do, ill probably tweak my diet or something.

Mugwog
05-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Today is day 2 of fitness routine: Going up Runyon for a 2.3 mile hike, taking the super steep path, kicked my ass on Wednesday and even threw up a little after I reached the top, but it felt great to do it, ready for round two in about 30 minutes...

Everyone under 27 - metabolism hits your skinny little ass around then :( - so do fitness!

faxman75
05-25-2012, 10:19 AM
All progress made has been erased. I'm fairly certain I have put all my weight back on. I haven't weighed myself but i'm probably 5-10 lbs under where I initially started.

I am back to having back pain when I walk 2 blocks. I'm always tired. Eating like garbage and in a vicious circle saying i'm going to start back up tomorrow every single day. Blah. It sucks knowing how great I can feel but instead just having self pity and not acting on it. It makes me depressed, self conscious and I have zero confidence. A complete 180 form this time last year.

keeshonjohnson
05-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Faxman - You can do this. You did it a year ago. Just jump back on the wagon.
I have gained 10lbs and lost a degree of fitness from last year. I am officially back on track. It is painfully upsetting to me that I let this happen. I am also finding the gym quite painful, things I could easily do 8 months ago are a challenge :(
Are you going to Coachella next year? Can you make that your goal?

bluemamba
05-25-2012, 10:43 AM
What was the reason you fell back down, Fax??

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Where's the 2013 edition??

Anyways, I started trying to get in shape about 4 weeks ago. This is what i've been doing.

1. No fast food. If you have to ask, it's fast food.

2. Watch your servings. MyFitnessPal works good for this. I stay between 2200-2500 calorie intake. I've added a decent amount of fruits and vegetables in my diet.

3. Jump rope for about 10-15 minutes (actual jumping time). 3 times a week.

4. Basketball full court, hustling up and down the court. 20 minutes, twice a week.

Easiest 11 pounds I've ever lost. We'll see how long this lasts for before i hit a wall. When i do, ill probably tweak my diet or something.

You lost 11 pounds doing that?? God, I hate my genetics and metabolism. If that's all I did, I'd gain 11 pounds. Ah, well. It is what it is. Gotta do what you gotta do to maintain/lose.

concertgoer
05-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Seriously I work out 4-5 times a week and I need to eat under 2,000 calories a day to lose weight. I have lost over 50 pounds in the last two and half years, but I still want to lose another 30-35.

faxman75
05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
What was the reason you fell back down, Fax??

I have a tough time answering this because i'm not sure. A couple of days of not caring, eating like crap and not exercising turns into a week and then a month and so on. I think it might be rooted in psychology. I don't deserve to feel great, I'm also a lazy person. I don't get it really. I felt like a million bucks for several months last year. I know all the lessons, I know how to eat right and find delicious meals with healthy foods. I know how to eat a balanced diet. I moved downtown so I would force myself to ride my bike to work and I did that up until about 8 days ago. Now i'm just exhuasted, it's hot and I feel like garbage. It's all excuses at the end of the day.

I remember how easy it was. I would wake up and do a 20 minute jog in the morning. I would come home and hike for 20 minutes. I had reasnoable meals and wasn't pigging out before bed and I drank a ton of water. It's not that hard. I'm sabotaging myself and now i'm having trouble restarting because i'm depressed about it or something.

Keeshon, yes i'll be at Coachella next year. I'm all for another goal. I need to do this and I need to stop delaying it. I'm hoping my return to this thread more than just to talk about how hopeless I feel about it. Something is going to jar me into action.

Concertgoer that's awesome! Keep it up.

bluemamba
05-25-2012, 01:14 PM
You lost 11 pounds doing that?? God, I hate my genetics and metabolism. If that's all I did, I'd gain 11 pounds. Ah, well. It is what it is. Gotta do what you gotta do to maintain/lose.

What's you're weekly workout routine, diet, and number of times you eat fast food??

keeshonjohnson
05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Let's do this Faxy.
I commit to losing 15lbs for Coachella 2013 weekend 1.
I commit to eating cleaner and healthier foods.
I commit to being in shape and not just thinner.
Set your goals, maybe we can have a fitchella meet up :)

faxman75
05-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Fair enough. I will take my first step today and inquire about montly fees at the boxing gym across the street. It's old and has character. It's closer than the gym at my last apartment and I would it to support it in general so this will be step 1. I have a padded mat for my floor at home since I have concrete floors so I have no excuses for anything really.

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-25-2012, 04:13 PM
What's you're weekly workout routine, diet, and number of times you eat fast food??

Workout Routine:

6 days a week: 45-60 mins of cardio (including 30 mins of high intensity interval training)
4 days a week: Weightlifting
5 days a week: A total of 3 miles of walking in my commute to and from work per day

In case you're wondering, no, I don't do the same cardio routine everyday. It varies from day to day in terms of vehicle (treadmill, elliptical, crossramp, outdoor track, obstacle course) and in terms of resistance, gradation and interval lengths

Diet:

I maintain a calorie deficiency (well under 2k calories/day)
I maintain a lean-high-protein and low-carb/sugar diet
I cook almost all of my meals at home (eat out 2-3 times a month max; never fast food)
Though it took me a while, I learned to eat 5 smaller meals throughout the day rather than three big ones
Drink 6 or 7 large glasses of water a day. Limit diet sodas to 2 or 3 a week.

I do all that and I’m still dropping only an average of 1.25 lbs a wk. Clearly, my parents’ genes fucked me over. My final goals is to drop another 30. Onwards!

RedHotSgtPeppers
05-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Rage, the thing is, the safest amount of weight to drop is 1-2 pounds per week, if you A) expect to stay healthy and B) expect to keep the weight off. If you crash diet and shock your system into losing 10 pounds in a week, you'll gain it back really easily.

I need to start going back to the gym. My work and life schedule in the summer tends to make me go to bed at 4am instead of midnight like I do during school. That makes actually getting up before noon a real challenge. By then, I'm too tired to do anything before putting in a 6-8 hour shift at work. Rinse, repeat.

I'm 5'10" and a healthy 165-170 pounds. But I have a bit of a gut and love handles that wrecks my self-esteem (no thanks to my anorexic ex-girlfriend). I need someone to keep me accountable to actually do something about my fitness instead of merely being complacent with looking "just okay."

Mugwog
05-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Remember: Carrot juice is fucking delicious!
http://www.photovaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/free-photo-carrot-juice-135-m.jpg

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Sorry, I was typing that while on a conference call. I'm not averaging 1.25 lbs a week, but about 1.25lbs every two weeks or 2.5 lbs/month. Slow and steady.

RedHotSgtPeppers
05-25-2012, 06:19 PM
How much are you wanting to lose?

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Well, realistically? Probably another 20 lbs. If I wanted to get to a strict ideal weight, probably 30 lbs more. I know how to do it. I dropped over 40 lbs in the last year and have kept it off, but now the loss has slowed down to a snail's pace.

Anyway, just let the fatties vent. I know that slow and steady is the way to go and at least it's trending in the right direction. Part of the frustration is that say I skip a workout or two in one week because I've got another obligation or I've stressed my muscles and need to rest, I instantly put back on 3 to 5 lbs. Sometimes just from missing one day of cardio and one day of weights in a week. And that's while still maintaining the strict diet. So, to gain back my total monthly loss in 1 to 2 days? That's pretty lame. But, we are who we are. Some people will struggle to drop the pounds and some skinny boys will eat their weight in chicken breasts to just gain the slightest hint of mass. Gotta work with what you got.

lehorne
05-25-2012, 07:21 PM
weighed myself discretely on a scale at a doctors office (don't own a scale at home) and was at 183lbs. Thought I'd be alot more for all the garbage I've consumed, but still targeting 175lbs or less. 6'2" height. Have a feeling the Northern Africa and Middle Eastern heat this summer will suck all the shite out and will be very fit.

concertgoer
05-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Rage, the thing is, the safest amount of weight to drop is 1-2 pounds per week, if you A) expect to stay healthy and B) expect to keep the weight off. If you crash diet and shock your system into losing 10 pounds in a week, you'll gain it back really easily.

I need to start going back to the gym. My work and life schedule in the summer tends to make me go to bed at 4am instead of midnight like I do during school. That makes actually getting up before noon a real challenge. By then, I'm too tired to do anything before putting in a 6-8 hour shift at work. Rinse, repeat.

I'm 5'10" and a healthy 165-170 pounds. But I have a bit of a gut and love handles that wrecks my self-esteem (no thanks to my anorexic ex-girlfriend). I need someone to keep me accountable to actually do something about my fitness instead of merely being complacent with looking "just okay."

I am 5'10 and I would love to 170 again. If I can get down to 175-180 by next year I will be happy.

RotationSlimWang
05-25-2012, 08:52 PM
I posed this question to some of my campmates who were discussing Fitchella striving on Thursday night this year, but let me post right in here:

Have any of you people tried instead of diet and exercise just sitting around and thinking about being REALLY fucking attractive?

Cause I find that works really well.

nyarlathotoats
05-25-2012, 09:08 PM
^ ...no. shit though faxman, I feel your struggle.

RotationSlimWang
05-25-2012, 09:12 PM
You guys should try that, I find it works beautifully.

HotHamWater
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I've been very lazy, and the fact that I'm still getting plenty of attention from women hasn't done anything to motivate me.

Life's fucking tough.

RotationSlimWang
05-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Any white women?

If so, what's wrong with them?

fatbastard
05-25-2012, 09:30 PM
They like fat guys?

HotHamWater
05-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Latest one is half white and half black. So half of her is repulsed by me, and I'm repulsed by the half of her that accepts me.

Oddly enough, it works.

fatbastard
05-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Does she have a sister?

chairmenmeow47
05-25-2012, 09:49 PM
All progress made has been erased. I'm fairly certain I have put all my weight back on. I haven't weighed myself but i'm probably 5-10 lbs under where I initially started.

I am back to having back pain when I walk 2 blocks. I'm always tired. Eating like garbage and in a vicious circle saying i'm going to start back up tomorrow every single day. Blah. It sucks knowing how great I can feel but instead just having self pity and not acting on it. It makes me depressed, self conscious and I have zero confidence. A complete 180 form this time last year.

sorry to hear this, faxy. i'm in a rut myself; but i do have the excuse of being sick. i totally agree it doesn't help with how you feel about yourself either. i hope you find your grove back soon :) remember you can always start small!

fatbastard
05-25-2012, 10:04 PM
I was going to get to that.

Faxy, sorry to hear how your feeling. Maybe instead of looking at a certain goal, you may want to commit to doing a specific number of things each day throughout the year/forever. Example. walkling 15 minutes each day and limiting yourself to 2 bites of pizza dough. So you can eat the cheese and everything on it, but only a couple of bites of bread. You know what I mean. The smaller acoomplishments over time will feel better than making your last goal.

I've been doing this. It's helped me feel like I doing something. Though not my deal weight, the consistency give me the liberty to try harder for a couple of weeks, then go back to what I was doing without feeling like a failure.

bluemamba
05-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Workout Routine:

6 days a week: 45-60 mins of cardio (including 30 mins of high intensity interval training)
4 days a week: Weightlifting
5 days a week: A total of 3 miles of walking in my commute to and from work per day

In case you're wondering, no, I don't do the same cardio routine everyday. It varies from day to day in terms of vehicle (treadmill, elliptical, crossramp, outdoor track, obstacle course) and in terms of resistance, gradation and interval lengths

Diet:

I maintain a calorie deficiency (well under 2k calories/day)
I maintain a lean-high-protein and low-carb/sugar diet
I cook almost all of my meals at home (eat out 2-3 times a month max; never fast food)
Though it took me a while, I learned to eat 5 smaller meals throughout the day rather than three big ones
Drink 6 or 7 large glasses of water a day. Limit diet sodas to 2 or 3 a week.

I do all that and I’m still dropping only an average of 1.25 lbs a wk. Clearly, my parents’ genes fucked me over. My final goals is to drop another 30. Onwards!

That's a good routine. I can't believe you're not losing more weight. I wonder what would happen if you stopped all workouts for a week.

Bud Luster
05-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Alright... I've purchased a ticket for 2013, so I'm in on this. I'm actually on week 5 of a new diet. In those 5 weeks I've lost 14 pounds. I was at 204.4 to start and I'm at 190.2 as of yesterday. I've been following the slow carb diet in the book The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris. I thought most of the claims in the book were bullshit as I read it, but decided to give it a shot anyway. It has obviously worked well for me so far. For those that don't know me: I'm 36 years old, about 5'10", somewhat athletic (though I haven't been exercising, but I walk thousands of steps/paces a day during work) and am what I would consider wide (hips, chest, ass. etc.) You can find the diet portion of the book online easy enough. I also haven't been taking measurements or keeping track of body fat; I've just been paying attention to how I look and feel.

RotationSlimWang
05-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Stop eating so fucking much and you'll all be fine. It's called adderall, they hand it like candy.

hurryupmode
05-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Guess I'll join in. 4'11", 167 pounds, hoping to get down to around 145 for next year. I've succeeding in doing this before, but since transferring to UCLA my four hour round trip commute has cut my time to exercise considerably. I plan to return to the gluten and corn free diet I was on before and stop eating fast food. I also have an almost two hour break between classes a couple days a week, so I'm going to spend half of that time going up and down the hills and stairs on campus, and start going for long walks at the beach on the weekends. My goal is to get to the point where I can speed walk 6-7 miles on a daily basis again.

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-27-2012, 04:34 AM
That's a good routine. I can't believe you're not losing more weight. I wonder what would happen if you stopped all workouts for a week.

Oh, I can tell you that. An injury sidelined me earlier this year and I had to take nearly a month off - couldn't do weights or cardio. Ended up gaining more than 15 lbs back in one month. And that was while maintaining the strict diet. Oh, well. I may use this thread to vent once in a while, but it's just to blow off some steam. I'm glad I'm still trending in the right direction. And things could be a lot worse. Could be a fattie in a wheel chair. How do those poor suckers lose weight? I actually passed one today on my walk home from the gym, but I didn't think to stop and ask him.

RotationSlimWang
05-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Seriously guys, you're wasting your time.

gaypalmsprings
05-27-2012, 11:31 AM

How did you get your wang so slim?

HotHamWater
05-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Ended up gaining more than 15 lbs back in one month. And that was while maintaining the strict diet.

You must be hypothyroid or something, otherwise I find this very hard to believe.

RotationSlimWang
05-27-2012, 11:32 AM
It's called stop fucking eating so much. All this five meals a day stuff is bullshit. Know how you lose weight? ONE meal a day.

gaypalmsprings
05-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Hard to lose weight if you don't move on your own.

http://efoxley.com/dope/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ZVx761.jpg

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/5/6/collegehumor.001edc45b369a46a8e48d2965260fd36.jpg

http://intobolivian.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/fat-guy-on-scooter.jpg

RageAgainstTheAoki
05-27-2012, 04:31 PM
You must be hypothyroid or something, otherwise I find this very hard to believe.

Yeah, that's what I thought, actually. But according to my doctor, I don't have any thyroid issues.

It's called stop fucking eating so much. All this five meals a day stuff is bullshit. Know how you lose weight? ONE meal a day.

It's not five full meals as we're accustomed to, you silly man. If that were the case, yes, of course it would be ridiculous.

bluemamba
05-27-2012, 06:33 PM
You can always do steroids. Always an option.

What's your height and weight?

fatbastard
05-27-2012, 06:51 PM
I work with guys who aren't even 30 years old who did roids in high school. That shit fucked them up bad.

guedita
05-31-2012, 03:44 AM
Have we discussed the INSANITY WORKOUT: ARE YOU READY TO DIG DEEP? yet?

Can we?

I'm ready.

To dig.

Deep.

keeshonjohnson
05-31-2012, 03:54 AM
I lost 3lbs this week. Nice kick off. Eating less and moving more seems to be working!

marooko
05-31-2012, 06:44 AM
Crazy concept.

Missing a couple days at the gym will get you your ass kicked upon return.

RageAgainstTheAoki
06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
So, Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal? Uhhhh... don't buy it. It will probably kill you. It's the higher protein, lower sugar version of their instant oatmeal. I don't want to start every day with egg whites or turkey patties so I thought I'd try to find some low sugar instant oatmeal. The stuff comes in a variety packet -- 8 maple & brown sugar, 2 cinnamon and 2 banana bread. They all taste adequate, but the Maple & Brown Sugar flavor has something crazy going on with it. The odor from microwaving a bowl of this stuff for 60 seconds does not simply linger; it dominates everything in its wake. I wouldn't be surprised if it alters you on the cellular level. I prepared some at work on Thursday morning. I went back to the office tonight for a meeting. The entire office still smelled like maple syrup and spices. People were wondering if someone had been in the office over the weekend cooking pancakes. I was too embarrassed to admit I was the culprit. I also prepared some at home on Friday morning before learning about the issue. This weekend, in my small 1 bedroom apartment I've cooked cajun blackened catfish, chicken tikka masala, scrambled eggs, grilled chicken breasts for salads and a pork roast. After all that? What do you still smell? Maple syrup. This morning, two full days after I'd prepared this stuff in my apartment and (not to mention two showers later), I went to the gym. As I was sweating it out on an elliptical I could smell the maple syrup flavoring leaking out of my pores. At first I thought I was imagining it and then then the woman working out next to me turned to her workout partner and said, "do you smell pancakes?"

There are others reporting this online, so it's not just me. So, uh, bottom line. Don't buy this stuff. Unless it's your dream to be a walking Aunt Jemimah.

Mugwog
06-03-2012, 11:10 PM
So, Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal? Uhhhh... don't buy it. It will probably kill you. It's the higher protein, lower sugar version of their instant oatmeal. I don't want to start every day with egg whites or turkey patties so I thought I'd try to find some low sugar instant oatmeal. The stuff comes in a variety packet -- 8 maple & brown sugar, 2 cinnamon and 2 banana bread. They all taste adequate, but the Maple & Brown Sugar flavor has something crazy going on with it. The odor from microwaving a bowl of this stuff for 60 seconds does not simply linger; it dominates everything in its wake. I wouldn't be surprised if it alters you on the cellular level. I prepared some at work on Thursday morning. I went back to the office tonight for a meeting. The entire office still smelled like maple syrup and spices. People were wondering if someone had been in the office over the weekend cooking pancakes. I was too embarrassed to admit I was the culprit. I also prepared some at home on Friday morning before learning about the issue. This weekend, in my small 1 bedroom apartment I've cooked cajun blackened catfish, chicken tikka masala, scrambled eggs, grilled chicken breasts for salads and a pork roast. After all that? What do you still smell? Maple syrup. This morning, two full days after I'd prepared this stuff in my apartment and (not to mention two showers later), I went to the gym. As I was sweating it out on an elliptical I could smell the maple syrup flavoring leaking out of my pores. At first I thought I was imagining it and then then the woman working out next to me turned to her workout partner and said, "do you smell pancakes?"

There are others reporting this online, so it's not just me. So, uh, bottom line. Don't buy this stuff. Unless it's your dream to be a walking Aunt Jemimah.
I would much rather have the smell of pancakes everywhere other than stinky onion BO

RageAgainstTheAoki
06-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Well sure, but those are hardly the only two choices.

insbordnat
06-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Have we discussed the INSANITY WORKOUT: ARE YOU READY TO DIG DEEP? yet?

Can we?

I'm ready.

To dig.

Deep.

I seriously doubt you have what it takes. Shaun T. will fuck you up.

faxman75
06-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm eating grapes right now. Mmmm grapes. Anyway, i've started back up. Yesterday someone brought donuts to work but they also brought a fruit tray, that was a first. Today someone else brought donuts and no fruit tray but that's ok because I have some grapes and a banana. I've skipped dinner a couple of nights this week which is fairly unheard of but the first time it was to get in the habit of having breakfast before work which i've started doing again and last night I had 3 beers instead and was too tired to cook but again that made breakfast more enjoyable.

I have been bringing a lunch to work again and i'm eating low carb and after only a few days I feel great and have much more energy. I'm riding my bike to work every day. It's not much but it's a 3.5-4 miles of biking a day. I'm starting things out nice and slow. The eating adjustments and minor exercise have been enjoyable. I'm feeling much more comfortable as well.

I think sometime in the fall i will be looking for a bike that fits better, I think the one I have is a bit small as it's a road bike and my arms are kind of uncomfortable. I use it for the work commute because I have a rack and panniers so it can carry all my stuff. I also have a mountain bike but that's more of a backup. I'll probably start jogging a little more or just bike riding more outside of the work commute as well.

Goatchella
06-15-2012, 10:24 AM

How can someone so intelligent, be so fucking stupid.

Your opinions are the worst. I'd bet money if you actually believe the dumb shit you are spewing here, that you are a short, fat, little angry hobbit.

nyarlathotoats
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
I would much rather have the smell of pancakes everywhere other than stinky onion BO

Fuck Muggy, is that what you smell like?

psychic friend
06-26-2012, 10:44 AM
so falling off the wagon since the festivals, i am reminded how quickly things can add up from excessive amounts of alcohol and yummy food combined with complete absence from the gym. so i have been to the gym 3 times in the last 4 days. and as suspected it feels good after both physically and mentally. i'm only about 2 pounds over my original goal that I had reached back in october. (but 6 higher than my lowest). sure 2-6 may not seem like a lot but.... for my shortness, my smallest stuff doesnt fit. I think if I just cram gym time and refrain from excessive booze and mexican food I can be back to tiny with in a month. wish me luck!

SepaGroove
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM

Not true at all. Eating five healthy small meals everyday will help you lose wait pretty quickly, especially if your working out too. The small amounts of food throughout the day help keep your metabolism going.

SepaGroove
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
so falling off the wagon since the festivals, i am reminded how quickly things can add up from excessive amounts of alcohol and yummy food combined with complete absence from the gym. so i have been to the gym 3 times in the last 4 days. and as suspected it feels good after both physically and mentally. i'm only about 2 pounds over my original goal that I had reached back in october. (but 6 higher than my lowest). sure 2-6 may not seem like a lot but.... for my shortness, my smallest stuff doesnt fit. I think if I just cram gym time and refrain from excessive booze and mexican food I can be back to tiny with in a month. wish me luck!

Ya great food and booze makes me chubby too. I have to work out at least 3 days a week to balance everything out lol. Good luck!

Mugwog
06-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Fuck Muggy, is that what you smell like?

Only after I eat some good ol' tandoori or some onions. I usually just smell like pot.

Fitness wise: Quit smoking (cigs) and am getting up Runyon (vertical dirt path aka hardest) much faster than a few weeks ago. My lungs feel much better, despite this scratchy throat I've had the last day or two. Always been at the cusp of healthy/unhealthy, and as I enjoy more outdoorsing, I'm enjoying the healthier side.

Eyeing the pescatarian diet, its amazing how hard it is to consider never eating certain things again. I mean chicken fried steak is so fucking good. Jesus, that diet switch will be hard...I may consider throwing a little meat in my diet every few weeks to ensure my body doesn't permanently reject it and make me hate life if I ever consume it again. Anyone who has gone through this fun diet change? Especially one where you drop certain meats all together? I can say my love affair with bacon can be over.

Also my fellow potheads, I find smoking a bowl before a run helps my breathing concentration and allows me to run a lot longer. When doing strength exercises I find a bowl after a workout relieves a ton of tension. Anyone have similar experiences or suggestions of how to use ganja to your benefit while working out (post or before)

SepaGroove
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Only after I eat some good ol' tandoori or some onions. I usually just smell like pot.

Fitness wise: Quit smoking (cigs) and am getting up Runyon (vertical dirt path aka hardest) much faster than a few weeks ago. My lungs feel much better, despite this scratchy throat I've had the last day or two. Always been at the cusp of healthy/unhealthy, and as I enjoy more outdoorsing, I'm enjoying the healthier side.

Eyeing the pescatarian diet, its amazing how hard it is to consider never eating certain things again. I mean chicken fried steak is so fucking good. Jesus, that diet switch will be hard...I may consider throwing a little meat in my diet every few weeks to ensure my body doesn't permanently reject it and make me hate life if I ever consume it again. Anyone who has gone through this fun diet change? Especially one where you drop certain meats all together? I can say my love affair with bacon can be over.

Also my fellow potheads, I find smoking a bowl before a run helps my breathing concentration and allows me to run a lot longer. When doing strength exercises I find a bowl after a workout relieves a ton of tension. Anyone have similar experiences or suggestions of how to use ganja to your benefit while working out (post or before)

I love smoking a bowl or two after a workout. Especially when I get a good workout in, then sit in the dry sauna for about 10-15 mins. It's a great feeling. I personally can't smoke before I do any sort of physical activity or it ruins my workout. I'm the kind of stoner that likes to sit at the computer and listen to music, or watch movies. In fact weed makes me so lazy that I can't really smoke during the day at all. I just wait until I'm done with everything I need to do for the day every night and then smoke. But on weekends and at festivals I can smoke all day cuz I don't really need to use my brain.

CrimesceneCookie
06-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I started working out again last night after an 8 month absence, and my arms are kinda fucked.
I hate how you have to start from scratch every time you take a few months off, I feel so weak. But I also feel the blood flowing again.
I remember feeling really good only about 2 weeks after starting workouts, so I'm looking forward to that.

SepaGroove
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Maintaining a regular workout routine helps me feel good. When I take a few weeks off I start to feel shitty, so I really try not to do it. I'm a freak on the weekends so I need to sweat that shit out during the week.

ENluv12
06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I wish that I had the motivation. You would think that because I was an athlete I would enjoy it... but I am no strike. I need to figure something out, I just can't make myself.

euphonicfiend
06-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Off to do the Santa Monica stairs.. I die every time.. in a good way. Lately it has been the only routine I have been keeping.. Stairs on Tues and Thurs and Pilates on Wed & Thurs. Its still not enough for me. I used to spin and run and I have not done that in over a month.. I am bummed cause I know what I am capable of. Meh. I guess I shouldn't be bummed cause at least I am doing something.. Its just hard not to be, I can do better. Hmm maybe I should start saying " I will do better "

SepaGroove
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Off to do the Santa Monica stairs.. I die every time.. in a good way. Lately it has been the only routine I have been keeping.. Stairs on Tues and Thurs and Pilates on Wed & Thurs. Its still not enough for me. I used to spin and run and I have not done that in over a month.. I am bummed cause I know what I am capable of. Meh. I guess I shouldn't be bummed cause at least I am doing something.. Its just hard not to be, I can do better. Hmm maybe I should start saying " I will do better "

Stairs are an incredible workout. Keep doing those and you'll have buns of steel in no time.

lehorne
06-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Daily Routine (except if too hung over):

Stomach muscle and general stretching exercises: http://smokh.org/Abdomen2.php
75 Situps
50 Pushups
50 Jumping jacks

Supplement with basketball, soccer, surfing, sex, hiking. Never done weights or membership to a formal gym.

psychic friend
06-27-2012, 07:37 PM
quick helpful hint reference.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201206/61-easy-ways-lose-weight

lehorne
06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm a firm believer in tea. Drink it after every meal and feel that hot water burn all your meal fat. What about the old super skinny Chinese guy sitting at his table smiling and smoking whom you've never seen move? Indeed.

And skip breakfast. Don't listen to the "start each day with a hearty breakfast to gain your strength and energy" bullshit. Have a Cup of Joe and get on your way.

RageAgainstTheAoki
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
God. Everyone's a fucking expert.

marooko
06-28-2012, 07:25 PM
I hear there's this pill you can take....BOOM!! Weight loss with no exercise and you can eat whatever you want. Or not eat, as mentioned above.

theresalwaysone
06-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I hear there's this pill you can take....BOOM!! Weight loss with no exercise and you can eat whatever you want. Or not eat, as mentioned above.

You did? What is it? Are you selling it? Can you get me some? Here's my credit card.

PlayaDelWes
06-30-2012, 07:58 PM
So, I made this little treadmill workstation. Built it as requested by wife who will be working from home a couple days per week with her new job and swears she can walk and work at least half the day. I'll give it a go whenever I work from home or when I'm just surfing around.

http://i46.tinypic.com/316ky0m.jpg

santasutt
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM
So, I made this little treadmill workstation. Built it as requested by wife who will be working from home a couple days per week with her new job and swears she can walk and work at least half the day. I'll give it a go whenever I work from home or when I'm just surfing around.

http://i46.tinypic.com/316ky0m.jpg

I want this.

Can you make mine on an elliptical machine?

What's the lag time between invoice and delivery to the east coast?

ThatGirl
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Don't these pills make you poop uncontrollably if you eat anything containing fat?

MoSetsfire
07-03-2012, 08:02 AM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534840_10100931114725588_1742718018_n.jpg

I've been on my grind

Monday - shoulders
Tues- back
Wed abs/calves.cardio
Thurs - chest arms
Fri Legs.

Been doing 40-60 min of cardio 5 days a week. Abs 4 times a week and started a stricter diet. I dropped from 200 to 188 and hopefully by late august should be closer to 170-175

ENluv12
07-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I am getting married in December. I found my motivation. Healthy eating again, arg!

RageAgainstTheAoki
07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Oh god. Nipple bleeding. Oh god.