PDA

View Full Version : Excisions set

nickkwooddd
05-02-2011, 06:29 PM
How do you think he did? Personally I was pretty disappointed because I was really looking forward to him and his performance was just disappointing, no songs from him and datsik...

nbvcide
05-02-2011, 06:39 PM
yeah, excision was my top dubstep must see for friday, and it wasnt bad, but wasnt nearly as good as his shambhala set either.. i missed 12th planet, which i hear went off, and sadly the last 10min that i heard of skrillex was better than excision, which paled in comparison to caspa on sunday.. excision was prob the most blah thing i heard friday, if only because everything else i caught that day was fuckin epic..

righteousdnk
05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I forgot I even saw Excision until now. Hadn't even had a drink yet.

303dubbin
05-02-2011, 07:30 PM
ive seen that guy twice before coachella and this set was the best one. i like that it wasnt all the usual brostep junk ive heard him play before.

and @nick he did drop of a few of his songs. chopped and screwed swagga was actually pretty dope

brematale111
05-03-2011, 08:57 AM
It was okay. I'll leave it at that

nbvcide
05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
ive seen that guy twice before coachella and this set was the best one. i like that it wasnt all the usual brostep junk ive heard him play before.

that was the most brostep ive ever heard excision play..

SlobTheBandit
05-03-2011, 10:47 AM
yeah, excision was my top dubstep must see for friday, and it wasnt bad, but wasnt nearly as good as his shambhala set either.. i missed 12th planet, which i hear went off, and sadly the last 10min that i heard of skrillex was better than excision, which paled in comparison to caspa on sunday.. excision was prob the most blah thing i heard friday, if only because everything else i caught that day was fuckin epic..

YES SHAMBHALA!!!

Neighborhood Creep
05-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I was looking forward to him over anything before dark that day and 12th Planet won me over instead.

303dubbin
05-03-2011, 12:08 PM
that was the most brostep ive ever heard excision play..

damn really? that was the least ive ever heard him play.

http://www.clublandlv.com/mixtapes-livesets/221046-dj-excision-dark-dubstep-mix.html <--- something really different from him. its fuckin sick.

Media Blitz
05-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I dug his Slayer and Lamb of God remixes, albeit the crowd was a tad confused.

dyltr0n3030
05-03-2011, 08:07 PM
fffart

nbvcide
05-09-2011, 12:33 PM
i was surprised at how empty the dome was for almost every set all weekend, while the do lab was ridiculously packed no matter who was in there..

I dug his Slayer and Lamb of God remixes, albeit the crowd was a tad confused.

i missed that, what lamb of god track was it?

WhyTheLongFace
05-09-2011, 12:58 PM
i was surprised at how empty the dome was for almost every set all weekend, while the do lab was ridiculously packed no matter who was in there..

It was too fucking hot. And a lot of people didn't even know about it or where it was even tho it was by the entrance. People next to me called it "The Dubstep jungle gym"

Donaldj
05-09-2011, 01:06 PM

High Contrast was packed. :)

But I agree, the real tragedy was Goth Trad, who without a doubt, played the best dubstep set of the weekend to about 40 people.

Prank
05-10-2011, 07:38 AM
the only good dubstep at coachella this year was magnetic man. Excision and skrillex blow dicks

303dubbin
05-10-2011, 10:55 AM
^ you obviously have very little clue as to what you are talking about.

Aurgasm
05-10-2011, 11:09 AM
I saw this retard play a set in Detroit... some asshat with a blue mohawk came out and I think he was trying to rap... anyway, one of the most hilariously entertaining things i've ever seen in my entire life.

t44MArbS9VA

kinda reminds me of...

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/11118242.jpg

complete dipshit fest

Prank
05-10-2011, 11:25 AM
^ you obviously have very little clue as to what you are talking about.

since I have very little clue what I'm talking about.... please enlighten me.

12th planet was decent, but Ive seen better performances from a random club in OC. The only dubstep I was even remotely amused by this year was Magnetic man.

303dubbin
05-10-2011, 01:15 PM
did you go over to the dome at all? cuz damn... there were some bangin sets over there, goth trad, breakage, zed bias, ramadanman ect..
don't get me wrong i love magnetic man but they did not have the best dubstep set by a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot. breakage straight destroyed friday night IMMEDIATELY before magnetic man in the dome.

Prank
05-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I will admit, I spent minimal time in the dome this year(exception of beardyman). I've heard most of the DJs before and wasnt too excited. I'll gladly agree to disagree with you about Magnetic man though....

303dubbin
05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
ha word to each their own. i wasnt disappointed by their set, just the loudness of it. i hope benga and skream are at coachella next year on their own, that would be great.

Prank
05-10-2011, 02:20 PM
ha word to each their own. i wasnt disappointed by their set, just the loudness of it. i hope benga and skream are at coachella next year on their own, that would be great.

yeah I would love to see skream and benga solo. I agree that magnetic man was insanely loud, but given the situation, I was lovin' it!

303dubbin
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
where the hell were you? it should have been so much louder than that.

Prank
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
where the hell were you? it should have been so much louder than that.

I was right side middle, and the MC was a little overpowering.

nbvcide
05-11-2011, 09:57 AM
the only good dubstep at coachella this year was magnetic man. Excision and skrillex blow dicks

lolz. most ridiculous post ever

303dubbin
05-11-2011, 11:41 AM

agreed.

Prank
05-11-2011, 01:02 PM

excision fanboys. I was not impressed AT ALL

303dubbin
05-11-2011, 02:11 PM
no im not saying his set was the best at all, it was a fun friday show. you are just being ridiculous in saying that magnetic man had the best set all weekend. you obviously didnt go check out any of the dubstep that wasn't in the sahara and that discredits your answer a bit.

TriboChillz
05-12-2011, 12:26 AM
i'm a fan of excision and i wasn't too impressed. magnetic man was like....amazing. and high contrast was really good. if you've never seen excision before, then he was o.k. but i've seen him and he was waaaaay better a few years ago. he's losin his touch. which is shitty. he should have played at coachella like 3 years ago. :/

Prank
05-12-2011, 06:38 AM
i'm a fan of excision and i wasn't too impressed. magnetic man was like....amazing. and high contrast was really good. if you've never seen excision before, then he was o.k. but i've seen him and he was waaaaay better a few years ago. he's losin his touch. which is shitty. he should have played at coachella like 3 years ago. :/

^This exactly