PDA

View Full Version : COACHELLA HIPSTERS

naruto_kenshin
04-29-2011, 08:37 PM
"I used to hang out at the SAHARA... before it was cool. I totally avoid it now"

TallGuyCM
04-29-2011, 08:44 PM
BANLETE.

VicVinegar
04-29-2011, 08:58 PM
It's cool now?

guedita
04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
"I used to make unfunny threads, but in an ironic way, not like a total douchenob."

Monko760
04-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Damn I must be a hipster because yea... I used to hang out in the Sahara alot more. This year I really saw ALOT more of the different stages, and genres.

gooftroop
04-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Sahara lineup was weak this year, admit it. Or it could just be my taste I guess, but I don't think that makes me a hipster. 2008 was the peak IMO, sunday alone that year crushed any day this year with Booka Shade -> Danny Tenaglia -> Modeselktor -> SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO -> Chromeo -> Justice. Oh yeah and this guy called Aphex Twin played as well that year. Most of the best dance music wasn't even in the Sahara this year...

Vic Viper
04-30-2011, 01:52 AM
if the sahara is cool now, i'm one uncool motherfucker.

boarderwoozel3
04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
Passť

weeklymix
04-30-2011, 02:00 AM
I hang out in the actual geographic Sahara. Learn to hydrate in a real desert, bitch.

naruto_kenshin
04-30-2011, 01:55 PM
It's cool now?

I don't know. I just noticed a bunch of people saying things similar to this and thought it was comical.

arsgunner
04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
the sahara this year was filled with bros and d-bags,i only saw a few artist there,wasn't that great this year..i had some friends that went and stayed there the whole time,they can care less about any other kind of music..during boys noize I had to get the F out of there

nathanfairchild
04-30-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't know. I just noticed a bunch of people saying things similar to this and thought it was comical.

Well you were wrong.

suprefan
04-30-2011, 02:33 PM
the sahara this year was filled with bros and d-bags,i only saw a few artist there,wasn't that great this year..i had some friends that went and stayed there the whole time,they can care less about any other kind of music..during boys noize I had to get the F out of there

It's always filled with those people. You just have to avoid them.

gooftroop
04-30-2011, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't say it was the people who drove me away as much as the music, but granted I skipped a lot of the sets that probably would have drawn the worst crowds. How many guys from SHM do we really need playing, let alone closing two nights? There were zero game-breaking sets in the Sahara this year IMO, even last year's lineup was way better.

apachedino
04-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Spent much less time in the Sahara than any other year. Shpongle, 1st half of Sasha, Green Velvet early on Sunday and part of Duck Sauce were it. I had fun at all those sets, but yeah overall the people vibe in there is not what I enjoy the most. Except for Chun Lee and some unassuming guy busting out real legit on the nunchuks right in front of us in Shpongle. People with REAL skills at that totally get my props.

frizzlefry
04-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Holy Shit those two are pretty bad ass, sad I missed them, the searches to the fest have officially reached a new low though if someone got nunchuks in

Sublime
04-30-2011, 04:07 PM

so your just tryin' to be a cool dude?

SamYoolSun
04-30-2011, 04:10 PM
I think that every other stage is better than the Sahara, but that's because I'm not too into the whole electronic dance music thing.

apachedino
04-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Holy Shit those two are pretty bad ass, sad I missed them, the searches to the fest have officially reached a new low though if someone got nunchuks in

Haha, I didn't mean literal nunchuks! The glowsticks attached by a string. She was actually dressed up as Chun-Lee from street fighter or maybe I am just stereotyping asians again. Anyway she was absolutely slaying it, all with a smile on her face when after a few minutes of some obviously intense cardio this totally unassuming actually kinda nerdy looking guy walks into her circle. I was thinking, damn well thats over now some e-tard wants in on the attention. But he was rediculous as well, in a totally different style with all sorts of tricks I had never seen.

After Coachella while looking for the next festival to quench my I ran across an EDC trailer and she was in it a couple of times. Totally legit. I love when real good dancers of any sort come out and blow my mind, they are super concentrated at Coachella though. Still dream about the Peacock lady from last year.....

frizzlefry
05-02-2011, 12:10 PM
I still think the searches at the front were shitty if they let Chun Li in.

Errant
05-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Pretty sure I'm too old to be a hipster, but yeah, used to spend more time in the sahara than I do now. Candy kids and etards just aren't my thing and have spoiled the sahara and raves for me.

malcolmjamalawesome
05-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I need to see this Chun Li right fappin' now.

WhyTheLongFace
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Douchebags have and will always be in the Sahara so I don't understand the shock either. I think the lack of good acts in there made it intolerable for some boardies

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I need to see this Chun Li right fappin' now.

I'm going to assume that Chun Li was Barb, who was indeed wearing her awesome Chun Li costume at least one night at Coachella this year

apachedino
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm going to assume that Chun Li was Barb, who was indeed wearing her awesome Chun Li costume at least one night at Coachella this year

You win! I do believe that was her name. We saw her later that night @ Animal Collective and kinda kept tabs on her while watching that amazing set hoping she would do her thing again. Our voyeurism was rewarded. After the show we thanked her and gave her props for being so good and I think that was the name we got, hard to remember though, especially after a long weekend of meeting many new awesome people.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Ah, she's a long time poster on this board. She goes by herrokitty nowadays.

malcolmjamalawesome
05-02-2011, 04:58 PM
This revelation does not alter fap status.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-02-2011, 05:53 PM
This revelation does not alter fap status.

Ha, that wasn't my intention. It was merely to let you know that you could take a more proactive measure in your endeavor, that is all.

boarderwoozel3
05-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Barb's rave celebrity grows...

BeeII
05-02-2011, 07:30 PM
if avoiding the sahara is cool, you can call me miles davis

(no seriously, i'm hardly ever in the sahara, and this year not at all)