PDA

View Full Version : Need help ID'ing a Song (REWARD offered)

joppy-slow
04-26-2011, 08:10 PM
i heard this song on a smooth jazz station (105.7 smooth jazz) located in st. George Utah.. They have no DJ's or track listings.. They couldn't even tell me the track ID..

The song was more chill-out than smooth jazz...
Had an amazing Sax part throughout the entire song.
Also had a great bass line (that they almost manipulated to sound like drums)
No vocals and very limited on drums.
Slick production work (i'm guessing the track was produced recently or within the last 10 years)

If I had to pick songs that sounded like it, I would go with Groove Armada's "at the river" sax solo vs. BookaShade - nightfall.

You find me the correct track and I will reward you with a monetary donation (through paypal) or a mystery package. Love Joppy

Bomboclat
04-26-2011, 08:18 PM
It's this (http://youtu.be/izGwDsrQ1eQ)

I'll take my reward now.

juloxx
04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
5bfzWj5a_Y4

joppy-slow
04-26-2011, 08:29 PM
"careless whisper" is the song Satan will have be playing for me, while I fix broken sprinkler heads and tune 12 string guitars.. forever.

djbionik
04-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Get Shazam. It's the best for avoiding those annoying "WHAT IS THIS SONG!?!" moments. I use mine all the time.

joppy-slow
04-26-2011, 08:31 PM
5bfzWj5a_Y4

Not it.. but good guess

djbionik
04-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I felt bad for you, because this happens to me all the time- which is why I have Shazam. But when that fails, do a Pandora search. Set it to Groove Armada, or BookaShade and see what happens.
I used to be a radio dj. I can totally search a song that's bugging me.
Try a search for-
St. Germain
Kruder & Dorfmeister
genius settings on your itunes
90's muzak
Even do a genius or pandora on Careless Whisper!

good luck my fellow utahn.

gaypalmsprings
04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Any of these?

wgrzSMhO5WI

BDkTj1ONP78

Lo54ChkoZAg

gxbJLrj-nv4

dyltr0n3030
04-26-2011, 09:13 PM
fuck

chairmenmeow47
04-26-2011, 10:51 PM
I'M NEVER GONNA DANCE AGAIN

fiyahhh!
04-27-2011, 07:07 AM
What day and (approximately) what time did you hear this song?

joppy-slow
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
What day and (approximately) what time did you hear this song?

Sat. April 23rd 8:55 PM to about 9:00 PM (Mountain Time) The song was played on Smooth Jazz 105.7 KWBR in St. George, UT. I've checked the station but they don't have a play list. I'm wondering if they have a digital subscription that runs their play list.

I've listened to over a hundred ambient, smooth jazz, chill out songs on youtube, hoping to come across it.. but still no dice

beeerplease
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I know how you feel man, godspeed.

I hope you throw yourself a mini-fiesta when you finally find it too

joppy-slow
04-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Any of these?

No, no, no and a funny hellz no, but a lolz... thanks for trying.

joppy-slow
04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
I felt bad for you, because this happens to me all the time- which is why I have Shazam. But when that fails, do a Pandora search. Set it to Groove Armada, or BookaShade and see what happens.
I used to be a radio dj. I can totally search a song that's bugging me.
Try a search for-
St. Germain
Kruder & Dorfmeister
genius settings on your itunes
90's muzak
Even do a genius or pandora on Careless Whisper!

good luck my fellow utahn.

thanks for the tips.. I wish my phone could run Shazam.. Pandora is a great idea. I never realized until now, how many shitty smooth jazz songs are out there. Yawn... If I find it listening to pandora, I will give you the reward.

mofomofo
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
It is "Rise" by Herb Alpert. I will send wiring instructions to my account for your deposit of the $100k reward shortly.

ennMD1fPtXA

insbordnat
04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
^Because there is an AMAZING sax part on rise, by Herb Alpert, one of the best SAX players out there.

Edit: I figured it out - here's your song.

8QPoBHX82uw

fatbastard
04-29-2011, 01:59 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/33050515/Andrew%25252BRidgeley%25252Bandrewwhiteplaidlr6.jp g

PapaDill
04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I am 100% certain that this is the song you are looking for

here you go! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

mofomofo
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
^Because there is an AMAZING sax part on rise, by Herb Alpert, one of the best SAX players out there.

Well ass, I didn't want to explain in my original post, but thought this might come up, so....

The OP talks about the song in terms of "Groove Armada's 'at the river' SAX solo." We all know, don't we, that the "SAX SOLO" in "At the River" is actually a TROMBONE. So the OP didn't have a clear idea what he/she was talking about, but was explaining songs similar to what they were hearing.

Personally, I think Herb's trumpet part in "Rise" is similar to the "At the River" trombone. Thus, my game winning guess.

Plus add in an automatic smooth jazz radio station in bumble-fuck south Utah, which clearly is not going to play anything too current or interesting. And, thus I win.

But good try.

emllik
04-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I am 100% certain that this is the song you are looking for

here you go! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

Whose voice is Doogie Howser lip syncing to here?

Premium Roast
04-30-2011, 10:25 PM
looking for 'Star Lust' by Redd Kross on mp3

joppy-slow
05-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Well ass, I didn't want to explain in my original post, but thought this might come up, so....

The OP talks about the song in terms of "Groove Armada's 'at the river' SAX solo." We all know, don't we, that the "SAX SOLO" in "At the River" is actually a TROMBONE. So the OP didn't have a clear idea what he/she was talking about, but was explaining songs similar to what they were hearing.

Personally, I think Herb's trumpet part in "Rise" is similar to the "At the River" trombone. Thus, my game winning guess.

Plus add in an automatic smooth jazz radio station in bumble-fuck south Utah, which clearly is not going to play anything too current or interesting. And, thus I win.

But good try.

yep it was the trombone solo for "at the river", so it could have easily had been a trombone i was hearing. the song was definitely current though. the more i search for it, the more it sounds like a production by kraak & smaak.
Not "Rise" but a cool song none the less.