PDA

View Full Version : Slight chance of death

Monko
03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
At this years coachella. 3 days, ratm, chili peppers, big dance artists, lots of people drinking and on e, high temperatures, I predict someone is going to die.

vinylmartyr
03-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Lets hope not cause that might end Coachella.

whynotsmile99
What an uplifting post! Thank you for sharing! See you at Coachella buddy!

woogie846
I don't think anyone is going to die, especially from a RHCP concert.

woogie846
03-13-2007, 04:40 PM
What an uplifting post! Thank you for sharing! See you at Coachella buddy!

That fits your name perfectly. Was that on purpose?

blastyourears
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
; ( . . makes me not want to go anymore....

faxman75
03-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I don't think anyone is going to die, especially from a RHCP concert.

yeah no chance of that even though their set is the one that caused the big WOODSTOCK RIOT! WITH FIRES AND RAPES!

No i'm not joking, here
However, the violence truly escalated in the final hours of the concert as Red Hot Chili Peppers attempted to perform their hit "Under the Bridge". A group of peace promoters had distributed candles to those stopping at their booth during the day, intending them for a candlelight vigil to be held during the Red Hot Chili Peppers' performance. Instead, the crowd used them to ignite bonfires. After the Red Hot Chili Peppers were finished with their set, the audience was informed about "a bit of a problem". An audio delay tower caught fire, and the fire department was called in to extinguish it. In response to this, the audience started to chant the chorus to the Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three song The Roof Is on Fire. The lyrics go: We donīt need no water, let the motherfucker burn. Burn, motherfucker, burn. Then, the band came back on stage, and performed two more songs, which was "Sir Psycho Sexy", and a cover of the song "Fire", by Jimi Hendrix. Soon after they left the stage a riot broke out in which fences were torn down and burned, ATMs were tipped over and broken into, and vendor booths were looted, turned over, and set on fire. MTV, which had been providing live coverage, removed its entire crew. MTV host Kurt Loder described the scene in the July 27, 1999 USA Today

blastyourears
03-13-2007, 04:49 PM
yeah no chance of that even though their set is the one that caused the big WOODSTOCK RIOT! WITH FIRES AND RAPES!

No i'm not joking, here
However, the violence truly escalated in the final hours of the concert as Red Hot Chili Peppers attempted to perform their hit "Under the Bridge". A group of peace promoters had distributed candles to those stopping at their booth during the day, intending them for a candlelight vigil to be held during the Red Hot Chili Peppers' performance. Instead, the crowd used them to ignite bonfires. After the Red Hot Chili Peppers were finished with their set, the audience was informed about "a bit of a problem". An audio delay tower caught fire, and the fire department was called in to extinguish it. In response to this, the audience started to chant the chorus to the Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three song The Roof Is on Fire. The lyrics go: We donīt need no water, let the motherfucker burn. Burn, motherfucker, burn. Then, the band came back on stage, and performed two more songs, which was "Sir Psycho Sexy", and a cover of the song "Fire", by Jimi Hendrix. Soon after they left the stage a riot broke out in which fences were torn down and burned, ATMs were tipped over and broken into, and vendor booths were looted, turned over, and set on fire. MTV, which had been providing live coverage, removed its entire crew. MTV host Kurt Loder described the scene in the July 27, 1999 USA Today

they are not distributing candles at coachella....

Ardentbiscuit
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
If you've seen anything else about that concert there were many more factors going on (high prices for water and food, no shade, poorly staffed grounds, poorly set up concert accomadations, etc.). It just wasn't RHCP.

Plus Coachella is a totally different vibe than some promoters and MTV trying to capitalize on the name Woodstock by putting on a corporate shame of a festival in the name of music allegedly...

faxman75
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I still found the whole no one is gonna die at an RHCP concert amusing considering what went on at a previous RHCP festival appearance. They are one of the last bands that should be mentioned.

hollywood scum
03-13-2007, 05:08 PM
suck a d, people who are not stupid are going to realize this and not take e and die. Therefore, if it happens, they had it coming.

jimmycrackcorn
03-13-2007, 05:41 PM
i doubt there will be any deaths, or if there were; that it would END coachella (just change it)...

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
The only dying people will do during RHCP is of boredom...

rage patton
03-13-2007, 06:12 PM

I strongly disagree. I have seen them live and they put on quite the show. Whether or not you like thier music is a different story. Because when I saw them, there songs sounded just as good, if not better than on CD. Some sounded better because they jammed, and they are all incredibly good musicians whether you like it or not. They are also very active on the stage and thier prescence engages the audience.
So, whether you like thier music or not, they still put on a really entertaining live show. I personaly am excited to see them. When I last saw them it was a seated floor, and I was bummed. But now I can move freely and mosh to my fav Chili tunes! I hope they play lotsa stuff from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and earlier though... Doubtful, but I can dream.

P.S. I dont think anyone will die during Rages set. And no one has died cuz of E in the heat yet, so why would this year be different?

Sexecutioner
03-13-2007, 06:20 PM
the chance of somebody dying is the same as it has been every other year.

i do wish rage was not at the end of the weekend though. now i feel like i gotta be careful how much energy i use up the first 2 days. usually im fucked out of my mind by dark every night. i dont think that will work too well this year. if it were 2 days maybe, but 3? thats pushin it.

woogie846
03-13-2007, 06:25 PM

No i'm not joking, here

Yea...but no. I see no chance of anything happening during RHCP. Rage is another story.

Rochec
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
If you are stupid enough to die because you are outside for three days...well then you probably aren't going to last much longer anyways.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-13-2007, 08:07 PM
rage is going to kill someone, i'm so certain

That70sdesperado
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think anybody will die, but there will probably be a lot of injuries during Rage. Deaths are pretty rare at concerts, although I have seen it happen. Just last year at Street Scene at San Diego, one person died and 20 others were hospitalized when Tool played. But that was kind of the band's fault for having an over-the-top light and screen display that made it hard to see the band, causing everyone to push to the front.

suprefan
03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
I think something bad will happen too during Rage. A lot of people going are single day ticket holders so they havent been worn out by 2 previous days of walking around and seeing performances, sleep deprivation, hangovers etc etc etc. Lets hope its not 110 degrees though. I'm still going to get past all the meatheads and get in the front though so I'm not worries. I think a lot of us will be recovering form rib crushign injuries during Bjork...

xbnmx
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Lets hope not cause that might end Coachella.

Bonnaroo has had multiple fatalities multiple years and they still go on.

boyalien0
03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
dying at coachella sure wouldn't be the worst way to go.

daftmonkey64
03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
dude, like....buzzkill

fatbastard
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM

Let's suggest that they add this little piece of information to their website.

Monko
03-13-2007, 10:30 PM
ahhahaha i love this board. I just posted someone was going to die because it was fucking like 90 something degrees today, and the fest is a month and a half away.

But still, if I were to guess, I would have to say some people aren't making it out of this one alive.

La Ferrassie
03-13-2007, 10:32 PM
There is a .00000000000000000001% chance of someone dying.

RATMan
03-13-2007, 10:33 PM
This is how I imagine the front rows will look during RATM's set:

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/H/heysel/images/heysel.jpg

hangthedj112
03-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I don't think anybody will die, but there will probably be a lot of injuries during Rage. Deaths are pretty rare at concerts, although I have seen it happen. Just last year at Street Scene at San Diego, one person died and 20 others were hospitalized when Tool played. But that was kind of the band's fault for having an over-the-top light and screen display that made it hard to see the band, causing everyone to push to the front.

You're an idiot, nobody died. Some people got pushed around and bruised up and the local news ran with it.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-13-2007, 10:58 PM
I strongly disagree. I have seen them live and they put on quite the show. Whether or not you like thier music is a different story. Because when I saw them, there songs sounded just as good, if not better than on CD. Some sounded better because they jammed, and they are all incredibly good musicians whether you like it or not. They are also very active on the stage and thier prescence engages the audience.
So, whether you like thier music or not, they still put on a really entertaining live show. I personaly am excited to see them. When I last saw them it was a seated floor, and I was bummed. But now I can move freely and mosh to my fav Chili tunes! I hope they play lotsa stuff from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and earlier though... Doubtful, but I can dream.

P.S. I dont think anyone will die during Rages set. And no one has died cuz of E in the heat yet, so why would this year be different?

That's just it, I DO like RHCP's music - at least much of their early material. I thought they were dull live. Just my:2c
Don't get your hopes up for lots of BSSM, they pimp the shit out of their last couple albums...

AEversW
03-13-2007, 10:59 PM
sunday is gonna suck.

AEversW
03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
i have a feeling there is gonna be a bunch of dumb meatheads running around at the main stage. Manu Chao and Air won't be enjoyable.

La Ferrassie
03-13-2007, 11:09 PM
If everyone is responsible and cares for the confort of one another nothing will happen.

PharmRocker
03-13-2007, 11:44 PM
If everyone is responsible and cares for the confort of one another nothing will happen.

hahaha, nice thought buddy....Coachella happens to still be the real world so that will not happen. People are going to get hurt during RATM, just the way it is, hopefully no one gets seriously injured!

AEversW
03-14-2007, 12:14 AM
hahaha, nice thought buddy....Coachella happens to still be the real world so that will not happen. People are going to get hurt during RATM, just the way it is, hopefully no one gets seriously injured!

the regular coachella goer is pretty laid back and cool. Last year the only problem were the Tool fans. I like Tool but their hardcore fans kinda ruined the vibe. Specially during MAssive Attacks set. Rushing up to the front, booing, punching people, throwing shit. Rather pathetic actaully.

Mo'rage
03-14-2007, 12:36 AM
The front of very large crowds, like the one rage will draw can be very dangerous. No one is going to be in control of thier own 2 feet within the first 50 or 100 feet, especially the first couple songs. If someone's down, it may not be in your power to even bend over to pick them up. I remember woodstock 99 getting pushed up to 30 feet, not being able to extend my legs or arms 6 inches from my body. Kinda scary.. If your tired or not up for the "fight" start back some and work your way up to where you're comfortable and you'll be fine.

Overdosing is always a possibility and heat issues could kill. The medical tent will definately have thier hands full, as they usually do. It's always possible to lose life and stupid to think it's not.

charlie1
03-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Great thread, totally freaked out now. If nothing else, will make sure i have a clean pair of knickers on......

Sexecutioner
03-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Just last year at Street Scene at San Diego, one person died and 20 others were hospitalized when Tool played. But that was kind of the band's fault for having an over-the-top light and screen display that made it hard to see the band, causing everyone to push to the front.

yea, you are an an idiot. you are just taking that from the reader article, which was written by a fuckin moron. first of all, i dont think the guy died. he was in critical condition, but i hear he made a recovery. second, it was not Tools fault. They had the same setup at coachella and did anything bad happen? No, thats because coachella takes the proper steps to make sure this shit doesnt happen. street scene is a crappier festival that is not organized as well. Tool went out of their way to stop the show and make sure people got taken care of. dont believe everything you read douche.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
"Hey, did you hear about that guy who died from being outside for three days?"
"Who? Dave Wang?"

faxman75
03-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Best thread ever!

snowgirl_69
03-14-2007, 02:41 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...RHCP=Dull

TomAz
03-14-2007, 02:42 PM

this is a true fact. at bonnaroo one of the campgrounds butts right up against the interstate. last year some idiot wandered out in the middle of the freeway in the middle of the night and got run over by ricky skaggs' tour bus. killed the dude and ruined ricky's night to boot.

they year before I believe they had two drug deaths.

breakjaw
03-14-2007, 02:44 PM
sunday is gonna suck.
Hate to disagree with the BMOTW but Sunday will rule.
RATM fans > Tool fans IMHO + the lineup is so much better(no bullshit Madonna for one thing) + you underestimate how RATM doesn't just incite rioting,they are pretty goddamn good at getting the crowd together and focused.You might see Bush effigies burning here and there,but that's all...

breakjaw
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
this is a true fact. at bonnaroo one of the campgrounds butts right up against the interstate. last year some idiot wandered out in the middle of the freeway in the middle of the night and got run over by ricky skaggs' tour bus. killed the dude and ruined ricky's night to boot.

they year before I believe they had two drug deaths.

And let's hope Ricky Skaggs is nowhere near...

TomAz
03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
yeah.

and i agree 2007 >> 2006. 2006's lineup was so bad I didnt' go. 2007's is so good I am going even though the timing sucks this year.

M Sparks
03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
However, the violence truly escalated in the final hours of the concert as Red Hot Chili Peppers attempted to perform their hit "Under the Bridge".

Yeah, that song was asking for trouble for years. A real incitement to riot.

A group of peace promoters had distributed candles to those stopping at their booth during the day, intending them for a candlelight vigil to be held during the Red Hot Chili Peppers' performance.

Vigil for what? The death of "alternative music"? 'Cause "Under The Bridge" was the first nail in the coffin.

Instead, the crowd used them to ignite bonfires.

Are we to believe that the "peace promoters" distributed LIT candles, and people walked around with them all day? :) I'm pretty sure it was lighters and matches that started the fires...the candles just made it easier.

I see you copied this wonderfully written paragraph from Wikipedia. However, if you scroll down to the set lists, I think you'll see the real reasons people rioted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodstock_99

-ICP played 11 songs...George Clinton only 7

-DMX played 17 songs...Elvis Costello, only 12

-Limp Biscuit played more than 10 songs...Willie Nelson, only 5.

-Our Lady Peace, Buckcherry, Lit, & Godsmack all played 6-11 songs...but everyone knows they only have ONE song each.

-Collective Soul stopped their set twice to make a "speech". (The only thing that could be worse than Collective Soul playing music is listening to their "views")

-The Tragically Hip- a pretty cool band, actually- are not normally allowed more than a 20 minute set when playing south of Toronto.

-Creed played. Songs. In front of an audience. CREED...think about THAT...

http://www.usmusicvault.com/woodstock99.html

M Sparks
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Don't get your hopes up for lots of BSSM, they pimp the shit out of their last couple albums...

HA! Last time I saw them, Blood Sugar Sex Magic was about a week old. That's about all they played...we were like "what is this new crap?"

Seems funny that now people are nostalgic for the thing I hated 15 years ago.

ajane
03-14-2007, 11:44 PM
someone might die. survival of the fittest, you know?

SubBass49
03-15-2007, 05:57 AM
I'm always surprised that some e-tard doesn't die from dehydration in the dance tents...every year I'm shocked that it doesnt happen...