PDA

View Full Version : Cage the Elephants set was EPIC

baily
04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Man those guys slung it....energy was 100%, the sound amazing.

I walked in as and interested guy....I left as a FAN!!!

anyone else that saw it...post...the rest of ya' ...move on to another post.

irthesteve
04-22-2011, 04:13 PM
As much as most people on these boards probably hate them, and their genre... they really brought it this year. One of the best sets for sure.

I have heard they used to be pretty bad live, but they certainly stepped up their game. The singer didn't miss a note, even while crowd-surfing and stage-diving, was still singing all the way through

CrimesceneCookie
04-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Can you please use a thesaurus next time you want to describe a band you saw.

Spicolli
04-22-2011, 10:05 PM
One of my favorite sets of the weekend.....pure energy.

sidsjiff
04-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Great set. 3rd time seeing them and they really brought it although I'll always be partial to my first experience at Coachella 2 years ago. I was expecting him to climb up higher at some point like he did in his El Rey show, but I guess the othernp antics were enough.

thenoiboi
04-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Can you please use a thesaurus next time you want to describe a band you saw.

lol ur krazee! theirs like an epic amount of wordz in there!!11!!! lol!

whoisarcadefries
04-23-2011, 01:06 AM
That red dress...

sambuddy
04-23-2011, 01:39 PM
When he stage dove at the end everyone attacked me so they were able to touch him. I fell down and was being stomped alive untill he lifted me up made sure i was okay and then told me to lift him back up again... flawless moment.

PenisMuncher
04-23-2011, 02:46 PM
I love seeing these guys live. Every time they play they just have an amazing amount of energy and go totally wild. It is really fun to go to their shows. Even if you don't like their music they do a great job of making the show about the experience as a whole as much as it is about hearing cool music.

KickerConspiracy
04-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Cage's set was epic and amazing. They killed it. I was going to give them a pass since I had seen them twice before but Glasser was a trainwreck.

//So what do I win?
///Oh.

motionnn77
04-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I saw them because my man wanted to see them. They were what I expected, but I did like his dress. I want one.

Altohombre
04-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I enjoy their music but thought they were terrible live. He danced around with energy but his voice couldn't hang with it.

iamellyn
04-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I enjoy their music but thought they were terrible live. He danced around with energy but his voice couldn't hang with it.

yeah he sounded just like Kid Rock (aka fail). they sound a lot better on the album.

waterandcoffee
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
thirded. i don't know how anyone is saying they killed, they sounded awful. my second time seeing them and they simply can't play live.

LickTheLizzard
04-24-2011, 05:04 PM
everyone i know who attended this set said it was terrible. friends of mine have seen them multiple times and say that they are one of the worst live bands they have ever seen.

thenoiboi
04-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Cage's set was epic and amazing. They killed it. I was going to give them a pass since I had seen them twice before but Glasser was a trainwreck.

what the hell? i don't have an opinion on cage, as i didn't catch their set, but how in the hell did you consider glasser a train wreck?

sdchargers760
04-24-2011, 06:47 PM
When he stage dove at the end everyone attacked me so they were able to touch him. I fell down and was being stomped alive untill he lifted me up made sure i was okay and then told me to lift him back up again... flawless moment.

youre a dirtbag

wewantmuse
04-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah, his voice is never 100% live when he's diving into the crowd, climbing speakers, running around, etc., but I'd rather see a "show" than hear a pitch-perfect performance.

GHenny
04-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Funny everyone I talked to who saw this set thought it was mind blowing. I thought it was probably the best set I've ever seen. Ridiculous energy levels and as far his voice, it was great.... or maybe you're just used to over produced auto-tuned voices and lip syncing.

icnaxx
04-25-2011, 08:53 AM
i thought this was once of the best proformances of the whole weekend.

KickerConspiracy
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
what the hell? i don't have an opinion on cage, as i didn't catch their set, but how in the hell did you consider glasser a train wreck?

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48022&highlight=epic

I didn't really see much of Glasser, just walked by and checked out a song or two.