PDA

View Full Version : The Best Weekend of My Life, thank you all!

missedout
04-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I missed Coachella last year (hence my name) but was absolutely determined not to miss it this year. I almost did when tickets sold out in five days but I ended up paying $450 for a ticket two weeks before.

COACHELLA IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME

Wow, I really want to thank every one of you that was there for being so nice and friendly, the environment was amazing. I don't normally talk to complete strangers but I swear the minute I was in line for car camping my jowls opened up to the people next to me. I had some absolutely amazing camp mates and we hung out all weekend long and have plans to camp together next year.

I'm actually really glad I missed last year now since I'm not the biggest fan of HUGE crowds and everything I've read about it says it was cramped to the max. This year was perfect as far as I'm concerned whether or not I went to the previous ones. I was able to go to Phish's Festival 8 in the same location and it had about thirty thousand people less and felt like it could use some more.

The most amazing thing I found was the lack of a need to be intoxicated for anything to have a blast. I saw the Chemical Brothers completely sober, by myself and it was the best performance I've ever seen in my life, hands down. I was dancing like a maniac. I don't think I've ever felt so uninhibited to dance so much at a show before. I even left Arcade Fire early so I could catch Scissor Sisters 'cause I knew it'd be a dance party.

Aside from the acts, camping was the other half that really made the weekend. I don't think it would have been as fun if we couldn't party our asses off until 4am every night. The last night was spent waiting for the Aussies across the way to go to bed or leave so we could TP their car cause they tossed some toilet paper in our camp earlier. So if you're the Australians with a van and had a seat on top of it, with the Australian flag (I guess), we sat in that shit and were your kings, if only for a minute.

I'm probably rambling at this point, but I'm 100% going next year, no matter the price. I seriously would have paid triple my expenses this year and not been disappointed (and I threw down a lot).

Again, thanks for making this the weekend of my life guys, to everybody involved and to everybody that went!

Still-ill
04-22-2011, 01:27 PM
You're Welcome.

BeeII
04-22-2011, 01:36 PM
this was my funnest coachella yet, but not the best musically.

kvnty
04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't see Coachella ever beating the undercard bands of 2011, though. If that's your thing (and it's certainly mine), then it doesn't (and probably won't) get any better.

missedout
04-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Let's just hope for some kickass bands to emerge within a year then.

guedita
04-22-2011, 02:09 PM
You are aware that blogging is free right? You can even decorate your page however you want.

GoodGirlGalaxy
04-22-2011, 02:13 PM
You are aware that blogging is free right? You can even decorate your page however you want.

I vote you change your avatar to this:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ledk01Vdi51qb20xuo1_500.jpg

Since it's cute, and self-aware.

djoz187
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
this was my funnest coachella yet, but not the best musically.

this.

guedita
04-22-2011, 02:18 PM
"Most fun."

GoodGirlGalaxy
04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
"Most fun."

Thanks for taking my vote seriously!!!

But I've stumbled on an even cuter picture that I can caption!!!

http://www.thatcutesite.com/uploads/2010/07/guinea_pig_in_cups-600x399.jpg

"I'll have what she's having."