PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Comments Heard At Coachella

kittykat416
04-21-2011, 05:42 PM
From either artists on stage, or from random people in the crowd....

Here's mine:

Caleb Followill: "Last time KoL played Coachella, I believe I performed with my shirt off, and I'd like to apologize for that. I've gained a few pounds since then, so the shirt is staying on tonight"

One of the guys from Mumford and Son: "I know what you guys have been enduring in terms of the heat all day; when I was a young punktard I came to Coachella to see Rage Against The Machine. You can't sleep past 5 AM because as soon as the sun comes up, your tent turns into an oven. It's total rubbish, right? No, of course it's not - it's AWESOME."

I can't remember what set this was during (?Elbow): "Is everyone pacing themselves alright this weekend?" *Cheers from the crowd* Another band member: "Who is totally not pacing themselves?" *Even bigger cheer*

OK, I know anyone out there can do better than me. So let us know the best things you overheard this weekend....

bmack86
04-21-2011, 05:44 PM
During Animal Collective, the bro behind me:

"Dude, I don't even know what they're doing with this beat! It's not house, it's not techno, it's not even tribal!!! It's like random strings of dissonance!"

He then ran towards the stage, screaming and pumping his fist.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
At least he was excited about it hahaha

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Like, he couldn't have expressed interest in putting a donk on it

wscmx13
Julian Casablanca's comment about flying over here in a "diamond encrusted private jet" made me giggle. That's all i really remember.

gaypalmsprings
During DFA, the two women next to me turned to each other and said "Why are we here?"

LickTheLizzard
04-21-2011, 05:54 PM
everything keith morris said.

edit: also... patrick from titus andronicus asking the crowd to tweet lil b for him because he doesn't know how to and he really wants to meet the based god.

ficklecycle
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
everything keith morris said.

YES!

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Wow... Thursday evening, I grabbed a jalepeno chee tamale and sat down on the slope, in the shade (not a racial statement, my dear slopes), between what appeared to be a couple, and a few chics on my right. As I chewed my way through that tama, I overheard the girl basically breaking up with the guy. Admitting that they fucked, that there was something at one point, and that at this point it was too late. "Why did you wait until now to tell me?" pretty much expressed the way I'd felt with a few dummies, back when I was a bit more a dummy myself (dummied out to the max, at the moment, to be sure). It was just an amazing thing to sit next to, all fucked up, eating a cool corny jaletama wiff cheese, my first two dollar water of the year, all alone, no one to emotionall bash my weekend into a pathetic pulp but myself. Good times =) Hope they had a good weekend, too!

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Mostly the reason it seemed so memorably fucked up to me is that it was Thursday evening... in the campgrounds.... before any shows had taken place. Bad joojoo, jiggaboos!

malcolmjamalawesome
04-21-2011, 06:27 PM
^^^ Worst 438th post ever.

algunz
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm having a very difficult time understanding your posts today, emllik.

ajax4747
04-21-2011, 06:29 PM
During Chromeo someone said, "Whooo, I lost my virginity to this song!!!" Then duroing the next song yelled the same thing. Must have said it for 4 songs...hilarious! The girl with him was not as amused, ha!

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm having a very difficult time understanding your posts today, emllik.

Yeah, I'm on a strange one tonight. Tomorrow may be more coherent.

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
During Chromeo someone said, "Whooo, I lost my virginity to this song!!!" Then duroing the next song yelled the same thing. Must have said it for 4 songs...hilarious! The girl with him was not as amused, ha!

Lucky girl. Her friend was mad because I was done with her by the second Chromeo song =(

electrocute
04-21-2011, 06:32 PM
JD Samson of the band MEN: "We're MEN, and we're proud to be radical punk queer feminists!" *crowd goes wild cheering* :D

Tandemind
I heard someone say: "Sometimes it's best to stop posting for a little while."

Such great advice.

emllik
Come to think of it, I also recall two high school girls walking by me, one saying to the other, "I've sucked cock on the phone, I've sucked cock in class, I've su....", before I'd passed them by completely, wondering what lovely discolorations I could acheive through her mouth.

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I heard someone say: "Sometimes it's best to stop posting for a little while."

Such great advice.

Learn it.
Love it.
Live by it.

And for the rest of us.....

malcolmjamalawesome
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
emllik - congratulations on your nomination for Worst Noob 2011

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Rather be a noob than a moob. There comes a time in every noobs life when he must face the boardies and be judged. Don't e-honor me with such a time.

nosurprises12
04-21-2011, 06:40 PM
About a song or two into Wire's set these two teenage girls walked in behind me, and one almost immediately said to the other "These guys are OLD!" They both then promptly left.

BlakeG
04-21-2011, 06:40 PM
A girl just before Kanye came out: "When my panties get wet I'm going to toss them!"

algunz
04-21-2011, 06:42 PM
I don't understand a thing that emllik is saying.

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
A girl just before Kanye came out: "When my panties get wet I'm going to toss them!"

That girl was none other than Stuart Jacobson. Hope you didn't watch "her" as she got out of his onion gook, and tossed it to Kanye.

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't understand a thing that emllik is saying.

You have to turn your emllikian translator on. Currently being sold for $14.99 on my website

TrigoLoc
04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Overheard/saw this exchange between 2 guys about 50 feet outside the entrance on Friday @ 2pm

Guy #1 - "wait, you're gonna take ALL the acid right now?!"
Guy #2 - *looks at guy #1 like HE'S the crazy one, pours contents of bag into his mouth*

i hope that guy didn't melt in the heat later

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Overheard/saw this exchange between 2 guys about 50 feet outside the entrance on Friday @ 2pm

Guy #1 - "wait, you're gonna take ALL the acid right now?!"
Guy #2 - *looks at guy #1 like HE'S the crazy one, pours contents of bag into his mouth*

i hope that guy didn't melt in the heat later

Guy number two is a well-known super hero. Don't doubt that he melted, and reformed into something amazing.... or he probably found Arcade Fire Ball guy, and they unicorned out of there like a jetpack.

...and did the Guy #1/ Guy #2 thing make anyone else think of "We Like Sports"?

LickTheLizzard
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
emllik...
mgIlTyCiVYQ

BloodyEars
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Julian Hamilton immediately after My People, "That was the best, that was the best time we've had in so long!"

Damn straight it was. Such a fanfuckingtastic way to end the weekend.

brycerosen
04-21-2011, 07:01 PM
My roommate at around 10p fri saying " remember when i took mushrooms this morning(at 7am)? that wasnt a good call" while saying this he was currently on extacy. He then proceeded to spend the rest of the night in the dome.

emllik
04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
emllik...
mgIlTyCiVYQ

Haha what did that come from? Was that Mayer, or whatever his name is? Like I always say, though.... shut me the fuck up, and I'll gladly abide you. Otherwise, you will read every word I have to type, to your own distaste =) See my icon, skip it. No skin off my tip, kits.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-21-2011, 07:08 PM
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8349/slide1nv.jpg

emllik
04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8349/slide1nv.jpg

But if you REALLY want to flatter me, you're going to have to tongue the balls =)

bender
04-21-2011, 07:11 PM
"Play something we can recognize!"
-some bro at Animal Collective

bender
04-21-2011, 07:14 PM
After seeing my windshield has been smashed, a stranger comes up and says

dude: You guys from Chicago? I bet your windshield got smashed cuz you're a Cubs fan. White Sox all the way.

me: No. We're from Canada.

dude: Well that makes sense. Welcome to America, Bitch.

emllik
04-21-2011, 07:18 PM

dude: You guys from Chicago? I bet your windshield got smashed cuz you're a Cubs fan. White Sox all the way.

That has to be the worst thing I'd have heard all weekend. The chic breaking up with the dude who took her to Coachella, before the weekend officially started... that was some cold shit. Coming up to someone and dropping some, "Fuck you, stranger, no matter what".... that's the shit that skull fractures are made of.

emllik
04-21-2011, 07:19 PM
"Play something we can recognize!"
-some bro at Animal Collective

This is exactly what I was enjoying about Animal Collective. I'm not very familiar with them, so I didn't really recognize any of their songs, though I enjoyed the set!

Bons222000
04-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Julian Hamilton immediately after My People, "That was the best, that was the best time we've had in so long!"

Damn straight it was. Such a fanfuckingtastic way to end the weekend.

Absolutely. He seemed very genuine when saying it. That line has stuck in my head for days. It (Coachella) was also the best time I've had in a while.

tcpace
04-21-2011, 08:26 PM
BIG AUDIO DYNAMITE SHOW:
MICK JONES: One thing you folks have here in L.A. that we don't have in LONDON...
CONCERT ATTENDEE: Dentists?

icedKeg
04-21-2011, 08:26 PM
this thread is deceptive because you think it's going to be about great lines heard at coachella, but instead it's not

betao
04-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Agreed on everything Keith Morris said.

rasooli
04-21-2011, 09:21 PM

well done emllik!

- Worst Noob 2010

LickTheLizzard
04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Agreed on everything Keith Morris said.

i especially enjoyed the rant about Vons

foaminjectedaxlrose
04-21-2011, 09:30 PM
This wasn't coachella, but I think this is the most hilarious thing said at a concert ever. Also, anything James Murphy says ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBuGjGrQVTM

Mak Attack
04-21-2011, 09:32 PM
I went to my locker to get something and there was a group standing not too far away and some chick was yelling her story about how she fucked this guy and he came way too early and it was such a lousy lay and she just wanted to get out of there. she was very descriptive about his dick and about how she was riding him and doing all the work while he did nothing and she couldn't wait to get it over with. who does that? that doesn't make you cool. so you had bad sex. no one cares. brag about good sex.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2011, 09:48 PM
WELCOME TO AMERICA, BITCH

Aphxtwinin
04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
"the sound goes from the stage, through the ground, up my body, and shoots from my head into the sky!!!"

- my friend tripping for the first time...on the best acid I have ever taken...during animal collective lol

Bryceforvice
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM
"Whoa! I'm pregnant!"

LVr6IfbA8AQ

ThatGirl
04-21-2011, 10:15 PM

I think maybe I was in the running for this coveted honor. Well done.

ryanliamg
04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
"Whoa! I'm pregnant!"

LVr6IfbA8AQ

that's great!

dsrlolok
04-21-2011, 10:55 PM
I heard a "DAFT PUNK" yelled out when Mumford and Sons said they were going to bring on some special friends to play with them.

tyles
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
"YOU GUYS ARE LEAVING BEFORE THE STROKES? ARE YOU RETARDED?"

-some dumb blonde chick yelling at my girlfriend and I as we left after Duran Duran to get some much needed gyros.

I used to not like the Strokes. Now I hate them.

Thanks dumb blonde chick!

eZ2bhappE
04-22-2011, 01:00 AM
"...And she was just sitting there in the middle of the tent naked smoking weed while everyone around her were eating sandwiches."

Where was i??

Bus McRider
04-22-2011, 01:55 AM
While riding in one of the pedicabs, I passed a guy on the way to the entrance saying to his friend, "Who the fuck are The Strokes?"

Bus McRider
04-22-2011, 02:01 AM
"Whoa! I'm pregnant!"

LVr6IfbA8AQ

Oh dear god, sorry if this is a double post, but this is probably the funniest thing I've seen since honey badger

sonofhal
04-22-2011, 02:11 AM
While sharing some free beers with Paul B at the entrance, a bro asked us "What is The National?"

kittykat416
04-22-2011, 07:46 AM

Ouch. So much for peace and love at Coachella.....

kittykat416
04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
random strings of dissonance!

:thu

kvnty
04-22-2011, 07:57 AM

^ this is funny

kvnty
04-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Heard someone say after the amazing Scissor Sisters set: "They didn't play 'Barbra Streisand.'"

kvnty
04-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Also heard the same guy/jerk/homophobe ask what time the Lady Gaga set was tomorrow.

Memorial_07
04-22-2011, 08:03 AM
"This is suck-a-dick-a-lick music."
-Julian Casablancas

"I bet you guys heard a lot of fuckin' music this weekend."
-Julian Casablancas

He takes the cake on funniest comments of the weekend.

TomAz
04-22-2011, 08:05 AM
BIG AUDIO DYNAMITE SHOW:
MICK JONES: One thing you folks have here in L.A. that we don't have in LONDON...
CONCERT ATTENDEE: Dentists?

either you were standing near me, or it was an obvious enough comment that it occured to several of us independently.

anyway here's my favorite: "fuck the churros, dude, we gotta go see skrillex!"

FEELS
04-22-2011, 08:07 AM
"you guys are whack. skrillex had the best set of the weekend. and he fuckin' brought out KORN. i really hope him or tiesto comes back next year."

clumsy342
04-22-2011, 08:21 AM
During Tallest Man on Earth -

A girl up front gets on her guy's shoulders. Security guard tells her to get down. Guy carrying her kind of turns around toward the crowd. Girl innocently says:
"..But I'm really this tall. ... I'm the tallest man on earth."

From Dirty Epic -

"If we want to go the the Roller Rink, I AM DOWN!"
- I look at my phone. It's 4:30 am.

dedelove
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
from the guys that dropped during mumford and sons.

"we're totally rolling to mumford and sons"
"shouldnt you guys be in the sahara tent?"
"we like normal music too"

From either artists on stage, or from random people in the crowd....

Here's mine:

Caleb Followill: "Last time KoL played Coachella, I believe I performed with my shirt off, and I'd like to apologize for that. I've gained a few pounds since then, so the shirt is staying on tonight"

One of the guys from Mumford and Son: "I know what you guys have been enduring in terms of the heat all day; when I was a young punktard I came to Coachella to see Rage Against The Machine. You can't sleep past 5 AM because as soon as the sun comes up, your tent turns into an oven. It's total rubbish, right? No, of course it's not - it's AWESOME."

I can't remember what set this was during (?Elbow): "Is everyone pacing themselves alright this weekend?" *Cheers from the crowd* Another band member: "Who is totally not pacing themselves?" *Even bigger cheer*

OK, I know anyone out there can do better than me. So let us know the best things you overheard this weekend....

elChurro
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
"Wreest banz, peek up ju wreest banz" (claps) "hab a goo tine!" - Lady checking wristbands

emllik
04-22-2011, 09:43 AM
well done emllik!

- Worst Noob 2010

Did you get a cool "Posts up, Lulz down" type chart made up in your name? I'm pretty sure he's planning on licking my balls next, as he knows how to show a guy a good time =D

I think maybe I was in the running for this coveted honor. Well done.

I think it has to do a lot with my name, gender, and location.... and that I type twenty+ posts an hour when I'm here. Either way, some people can't handle the 'llik. I don't blame them, especially knowing they can do nothing about me but bitch =) Haters make your jimmy thicker ; )

MistaGlitch
04-22-2011, 09:47 AM
...uh?

rasooli
04-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Damn, emllick does hella suck.

-Worst Noon 2010

travelfan
04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Right after Nas & Damian Marley finished playing, their hypeman was onstage talking in a heavy patois. A DFA fan was literally sprinting to the stage and screaming "Don cha know how excited I am right now!" in a perfect imitation of the guy's accent.

emllik
04-22-2011, 09:56 AM

-Worst Noon 2010

Now it's obvious why you were nominated and selected to be Worst Noob* 2010. I've been selected for my disregarding all concern involved with perception of my posts. I guess that's what happens when you frequent message boards and chat rooms for far too long. Not that I'd ever disregard a challenge, but I sort of like being called a noob, for once. It makes me feel young again =D

frizzlefry
04-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Animal Collective: I think we brought the weird
(Can't remember who actually said it because I was a little weird)

DaFunkyPrecedent
04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Once the crane was lifted above Arcade Fire I turned to my friends and asked "what do you think is in the box" and my friend confidently responded "David Bowie, for sure".

guedita
04-22-2011, 10:32 AM

-Worst Noon 2010

hahahahahaha you even edited this post you fucktard.

icedKeg
04-22-2011, 11:30 AM
"Wreest banz, peek up ju wreest banz" (claps) "hab a goo tine!" - Lady checking wristbands

Yeah!! I totally interacted with this lady and I believe I was pretty faded at the time...where was she exactly?

im so indie
04-22-2011, 11:33 AM

Freelance Whales, I believe. Good set from them!

dyltr0n3030
04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
emllik...
mgIlTyCiVYQ

hahahahahahahaha

emllik
04-22-2011, 11:45 AM
hahahahahaha you even edited this post you fucktard.

My vote for Worst Noob in 2011 goes to rasooli =) He hasn't broken from his coccoon yet.

MistaGlitch
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Now it's obvious why you were nominated and selected to be Worst Noob* 2010. I've been selected for my disregarding all concern involved with perception of my posts. I guess that's what happens when you frequent message boards and chat rooms for far too long. Not that I'd ever disregard a challenge, but I sort of like being called a noob, for once. It makes me feel young again =D

You were nominated because your posts are incomprehensible!

furnace
04-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Julian Casablanca's comment about flying over here in a "diamond encrusted private jet" made me giggle. That's all i really remember.

"SO...fucking...Kanye West, huh? HOW DARE HE! HOW DARE HE!" had me laughing so fucking hard.

emllik
04-22-2011, 11:55 AM
You were nominated because your posts are incomprehensible!

As much as I love being grouped in, and given noogies.... don't you think you could just admit that you love me, so we can move on? There are far more important things to dwell on... like who gave the word that it was okay to "lulz" in public without getting a scowl from your most intelligent friends. I don't ask for comprehension. You don't bitch at E-4o when he says some stupid shit you don't get... you either stop listening, or you jam on. Correct? Quit bitching, or get off the pot.

emllik
04-22-2011, 11:59 AM
And, for the record, it's called stylistic variance ; ) Make me a name, haters.

dyltr0n3030
04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
=tittays

daft$tar
04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
as we were walking out 'LOOK THERES KATE BOSWORTH!!!" as she and that hot guy from true blood gave them the meanest looks ever

dyltr0n3030
04-22-2011, 12:21 PM
as we were walking out 'LOOK THERES KATE BOSWORTH!!!" as she and that hot guy from true blood gave them the meanest looks ever

hahahaha

SamYoolSun
04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
While we were waiting to get our cars checked for car camping we hear this guy, with the most ridiculous stoner voice say...
"Why is everybody pushing their cars? Are they like trying to save gas or something?"

These people next to use during PJ Harvey...
"She was so much better when she was a bat shit crazy bitch"
"Yeah, I liked her more when she was depressed"

wscmx13
04-22-2011, 12:49 PM
2 girls asked, "who was that ugly black guy with braids?"

They were obviously referring to Pusha T

dyltr0n3030
04-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Did you get a cool "Posts up, Lulz down" type chart made up in your name? I'm pretty sure he's planning on licking my balls next, as he knows how to show a guy a good time =D

I think it has to do a lot with my name, gender, and location.... and that I type twenty+ posts an hour when I'm here. Either way, some people can't handle the 'llik. I don't blame them, especially knowing they can do nothing about me but bitch =) Haters make your jimmy thicker ; )

uhh.. what?

emllik
04-22-2011, 02:53 PM
English. Do you speak it?

GoodGirlGalaxy
04-22-2011, 02:55 PM
"Dude, where's the sun tan lotion!?"
"I can't find it! Bro, have you seen it?!"
"No dawg, it's not in my backpack!"
"Oh wait, here it is..."
"SKRILLEX! Whooooooo!"

Maikeru619
04-22-2011, 03:34 PM
one retarded bitch to another retarded bitch : "OMG that girl has the same top on as you. Dont worry though, you are way skinnier than she is"

"KANYE!! DO YOU LIKE FISH STICKSSSSSSS?!??!"

WhyTheLongFace
04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
"I just saw the Presets" - said on Saturday at 2pm

DANCE MAGIC
04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
"shit is popping off at the roller rink." -- the random guy camped next to us

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-22-2011, 03:57 PM
"who is arcade fire?"
"They have like 9 people or some shit in the band."

GoodGirlGalaxy
04-22-2011, 04:07 PM
"who is arcade fire?"
"They have like 9 people or some shit in the band."

"Where is The Suburbs? I thought Coachella booked that Album of the Year Grammy winner! What is this crap?"

Mr. Porter
04-22-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm surprised no one yelled to Win Butler

"IT'S CALLED A FERRIS WHEEL"

travelfan
04-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm surprised no one yelled to Win Butler

"IT'S CALLED A FERRIS WHEEL"

Hah, totally forgot about that, the same thought went through my head.

Bons222000
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
"we're totally rolling to mumford and sons"
"shouldnt you guys be in the sahara tent?"
"we like normal music too"

haha

classic

dyltr0n3030
04-22-2011, 07:02 PM
theres so many dumbass comments on here.. it's almost hard to believe there would be so many in just one weekend.

Hayleymoo
04-22-2011, 09:14 PM
at the food court area these british girls were like "whats that!?" and it was ranch so my friend was like "uhh salad dressing.." and then they were like "what is thiss?" and it was relish and we're like "uhh chopped up pickles.." haha it was amusing.

elChurro
04-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah!! I totally interacted with this lady and I believe I was pretty faded at the time...where was she exactly?

Coming from lot 14A before the horses, on the corner by some porta potties.

R41N570RM
04-22-2011, 10:26 PM
When I ordered one of those waffle ice cream sandwiches:

Me: Yeah, I'd like one original, please
Clerk Lady: Okay, Hey do you have any pills?
Me: No, sorry...
Clerk Lady: Oh, who are you here to see?
Me: I'm looking forward to High Contrast, he's playing in the Dome over there at 5.
Clerk Lady: Oh, I don't know who that is. The only name I recognize here is Kings of Leon.
Clerk Lady: What did you want to order again?

emllik
04-22-2011, 10:43 PM

Me: I'm looking forward to High Contrast, he's playing in the Dome over there at 5.
Clerk Lady: Oh, I don't know who that is. The only name I recognize here is Kings of Leon.

Did you have any pills?

R41N570RM
04-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Did you have any pills?

No, sorry...

PenisMuncher
04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I think this was at !!!, but I can't quite remember.

Guy: Daft Punk will totally show up in the middle of Kanye's performance.
Girl: Really? Are you sure?
Guy: Yeah, it'll be so awesome.

emllik
04-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I think this was at !!!, but I can't quite remember.

Guy: Daft Punk will totally show up in the middle of Kanye's performance.
Girl: Really? Are you sure?
Guy: Yeah, it'll be so awesome.

He was right, too. It was an amazing way to shut Kanye down, and finish the night. Thank you, Gv! :thu

dyltr0n3030
04-23-2011, 12:06 AM
fuck off

Mammoth85
04-23-2011, 12:22 AM

This was someone else. I saw it too and I did not watch Elbow. I think it was actually Freelance Whales or Henry Clay People.

kittykat416
04-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Once the crane was lifted above Arcade Fire I turned to my friends and asked "what do you think is in the box" and my friend confidently responded "David Bowie, for sure".

Ha!:rotfl

kittykat416
04-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Freelance Whales, I believe. Good set from them!

I stand corrected; I believe you are right, sir!

thenoiboi
04-23-2011, 01:56 AM
stupid shit i heard people say
ignorant girl: Who is this again?
other, more ignorant girl: i think it's the black eyed keys, or something.
----------------------------
random dude: one day as a lion is zach from rage's new thing. pretty much the same, though. lots of fuzz guitar.

actual favorite comments
cameron (glasser): thank you, my babies.

win butler making his "It'd be nice to be at this festival and not have to play it" remark, and the goofy little gesture that went along with it. It was endearing the way he still sounded humble even while showing a bit of ego.

thenoiboi
04-23-2011, 01:57 AM

2012 Glowie hand jobs.

whoisarcadefries
04-23-2011, 02:11 AM
During the Ratatat set when they were teasing us with the sound check/Loud Pipes intro...

Dude: Stop tickling my dick, I've been waiting for this moment for years!!!!!!

jpaw24
04-23-2011, 06:58 AM
This was someone else. I saw it too and I did not watch Elbow. I think it was actually Freelance Whales or Henry Clay People.

I heard it too. Pretty sure it was Freelance Whales since I didn't see Henry Clay People.

Shaxspear
04-23-2011, 09:36 AM
My girlfriend texting a girl she knows who spent $700 on a stubhub ticket.

4:00pm
Girlfriend: where are you?
Her: I'm not there yet, we decided to go shopping. Have we missed anything good?
Girlfriend: seriously? Don't bother texting me till you get here.

Later that night
Girlfriend: where are you?
Her: getting a good spot for Crystal Method do you have any drugs?
Girlfriend: it's Chemical Brothers you retard. Enjoy your weekend.

brematale111
04-23-2011, 10:17 AM
after the black keys-

"ummm did anybody else notice that guy who hit our blunt had herpes?"
"wtf? no!"
"yeahhh thats why I didn't hit it"
"aw shiiiiiiiiit. Never thought I'd have to worry about getting the herps at caochella"
"lets go find that fucker and double check"

nbvcide
04-23-2011, 12:01 PM

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

motionnn77
04-23-2011, 12:19 PM
one retarded bitch to another retarded bitch : "OMG that girl has the same top on as you. Dont worry though, you are way skinnier than she is"

"KANYE!! DO YOU LIKE FISH STICKSSSSSSS?!??!"

^ ^ ^

Sounds like something my sister would say. On the phone this morning, she kind of did say something like that.:rolleyes

motionnn77
04-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Keith for me too. But the one that sticks out is this:

"I would like to play one of our kinder, gentler songs that you can all sing along to, it's called...."Fuck People'

juloxx
04-23-2011, 12:54 PM
"shit is popping off at the roller rink." -- the random guy camped next to us

Im sure this was said pretty much said by a lot of people, but out of curiosity, any chance you were camped next to a tipi?

Yee420
04-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Duran Duran huh?... I think, I saw a flute somewhere...
-Julian Casablancas

icaito
04-23-2011, 01:23 PM
While inside the shower trailer:

Girls for some reason entered the guys showers, since the line at their trailer was huge Saturday night.

Girl 1: -Ewww!
Girl 2: -What happened?!

Girl 1: -There's, like, cum on the shower curtain!!

Hilarity ensues.

Mr.Laguna
04-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Tyler the Creator saying sorry because theyre sound engineer is a fucking retard? Or something along those lines.

DeanCorso
04-23-2011, 01:40 PM
all that keith morris / julian casablancas / guy garvey...

also, win butler saying that if someone had told him in '02 that animal collective would be the opening band the day they would headline coachella, he would have thought they where crazy...

EkriirkE
04-23-2011, 02:08 PM
"You should go to the Kayne stage!" lol. no.

apachedino
04-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Win not knowing what to call a ferris wheel, haha. That spinning wheel? Merri-go-round? Haha

Another favorite though was when win said "Thank you......people from Mars." So appropriate given the amount of people dressed up and out of their minds on Sat, me included.

frogalope
04-23-2011, 05:41 PM

Clerk Lady musta found some cuz she was MESSED up Sunday night when I got my hot waffle cheesecake sandwich!

That70sdesperado
04-23-2011, 10:59 PM
During Animal Collective, my friend got up on my shoulders at one point and kept yelling "THANK YOU BASEDGOD!!!" I thought that was hilarious.

juloxx
04-24-2011, 01:06 AM
All the Based God shout outs throughout the weekend had me laughing my ass off

elbrycen
04-24-2011, 02:10 AM
mick jones: "out here in the desert you have jackrabbits, and it's quite odd and fantastic, with the big ears and big feet and all..."

CrimesceneCookie
04-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Jackrabbits man! They're happening.

My friends and I were annoying each other with this line all weekend.

ThatGirl
04-24-2011, 06:24 AM

I concede. You definitely win.

DaFunkyPrecedent
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
During some softer afternoon set (Tallest Man or Earth or something) two perfect bodied bro's, both in "stunna shades" turn to each other and say "Dude, lets get the FUCK out of here and go take some tequila shots"

yeahfontaine
04-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Duran Duran huh?... I think, I saw a flute somewhere...
-Julian Casablancas

Small correction. He said, "Did I see a flute solo in there somewhere?"

Julian was a hilariously sarcastic yet somehow gracious sweetheart asshole during that set. I was completely taken in.

gaypalmsprings
04-24-2011, 09:34 AM
My favorite at The Big 4 was when a guy at the port-potties told a woman, "Excuse me. You have toilet paper stuck to your shoe."

theGold
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
During Crystal Castles, after they played "Black Panthers" (when Alice did the stage dive with her cast on) the stage went dark & quiet for a minute, I guess while she got herself situated again... someone behind me started freaking out:

"What happened? Is it over already? Did she pass out or something, I saw her crawling on the stage? I think they took her to the hospital. She looked like she was on drugs."

They were super worried and kept going on like that for a minute or so.

theGold
04-24-2011, 12:56 PM

She wants pills and yet the only band she wants to see is KOL lolol

rkawar
04-25-2011, 08:34 AM
from 2010, thought it deserved mention.

while walking back from the festival to the campground

"i reached into my pocket to grab my pipe, and i accidentally grabbed my dick and broke it off. I walked around all day with my hand in my pocket holding onto my dick cuz i was afraid i'd lose it. seriously, dude for like 6 hours i didn't take my hand out of my pocket. At some point i gave up and decided to just pull it out of my pocket to see what I had done, and I realized I was holding my pipe the entire time. I'm never taking acid again"

daxton
04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Oh god. That's good.

thombjork
04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
while walking up monroe street at about 2:30 AM friday night, this shirtless guy with dred locks walks past me and says "if you party too hard, it gets too hard to party."

sage wisdom

darkmoon66
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Girl1: I've never done coke before.
Girl2: have you tried coke before?
Girl1: yeah, twice.

emllik
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Walking back to my tent, I think it was Saturday, I overheard/looked over to see Ari letting off Poopin' in the Woods to some car campers. Good shits =)

strangelove13
04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
while waiting in line for "untitled"

"I heard this was a secret stage and Daft Punk is gonna play in there"

jmaze
04-25-2011, 02:59 PM
" I saw Jesus last night, and he was pissed!"

Ptonballer10
04-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Girl #1 "Oh My God. I can't believe I am at coachella."
Girl #2: "I know!"
Girl #1: "I am definitely going to find my future husband at Skrillex."

cbeeez
04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
"When I was 17, I went to Coachella....When I was 18, I went to Coachella...When I was 19, I went to Coachella. And now I'm 24 and I'm playing at Coachella! Dreams come true people!"
-singer of Best Coast

Wasn't very familiar with their music before I saw them, but I loved them!!

wazdog
04-25-2011, 06:11 PM
older dude next to me during yeezy's set: um what track is this?
me: all of the lights

everyone else around me who heard were shocked!

Jugohouse
04-25-2011, 08:01 PM
During Black Keys set: "When they gonna play "I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend?"

TheMadeleine
04-25-2011, 08:06 PM
from 2010, thought it deserved mention.

while walking back from the festival to the campground

"i reached into my pocket to grab my pipe, and i accidentally grabbed my dick and broke it off. I walked around all day with my hand in my pocket holding onto my dick cuz i was afraid i'd lose it. seriously, dude for like 6 hours i didn't take my hand out of my pocket. At some point i gave up and decided to just pull it out of my pocket to see what I had done, and I realized I was holding my pipe the entire time. I'm never taking acid again"

this is rich. thank you.

Timestretch
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
While inside the shower trailer:

Girls for some reason entered the guys showers, since the line at their trailer was huge Saturday night.

Girl 1: -Ewww!
Girl 2: -What happened?!

Girl 1: -There's, like, cum on the shower curtain!!

Hilarity ensues.

I heard this except replace cum with skrillex