PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here watch KoL or Neon Trees?

Memorial_07
04-20-2011, 06:39 PM
If so, how were they?

Timestretch
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
KOL killed it! NT were Epic!

brycerosen
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
im sure many watched kol, but i wonder who ended there night with
neon trees> She wants revenge

rage patton
04-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I walked past Neon Trees and they Gobi was not even half full. I am pretty sure the lead singer was wearing a fake mohawk too.

concertgoer
04-20-2011, 06:47 PM
I wonder how tiny the crowd for She Wants Revenge was?

jpaw24
04-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Neon Trees put on a good show. Not really my thing, but my girlfriend wanted to check them out. We were pretty close to the front, and the mom of the lead singer was next to us, and she was obviously really excited. His grandparents were there too, and the grandpa was getting down.

Anyway, good show, but the mad some mic problems for the first half of the first song. Other than that, they rocked out pretty good, were humble, and yes, fake Mohawk.

Fig Neutron
04-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Kings of Leon were awesome. They did there thing well. Bummed they didn't do Knocked Up, but otherwise a great set.

hollyb20
04-20-2011, 08:43 PM
kol played Pistol of Fire, need I say more? they were amazing.

frizzlefry
04-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Is this lack of a response normally what happens when Chemical Brothers play after a headliner? Not many people even talk about KoL, no one I talked to during or after the fest said anything about them, was this just me? Was there a huge crowd for them?

nathanfairchild
04-20-2011, 10:05 PM
i caught the last 3 songs of KOL before the chems, and i swear the crowd was bigger for the keys

Failed State
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Kings of Leon were awesome. They did there thing well. Bummed they didn't do Knocked Up, but otherwise a great set.

They didn't do knocked up because that is for all of their old fans in the UK, which they have alienated now with their shitty music.

ManInTheBowlerHat
04-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Kings of Leon were great. It was my third time seeing them and this was by far the best I have seen them. They definitely picked an appropriate set list as well. They focused on their older stuff, which is what most Coachella-goers would have rather listened to.

As for Neon Trees, they had a lot of energy. They're not really my thing, but you can tell that they enjoy being a band. I caught about two of their songs.

zachyd
04-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I caught the last third of KoL's set because we were just hanging in the area for Chemical Brothers. But then we took a bathroom break when Sex on Fire and Use Somebody were played haha.

I must say, I really liked hearing On Call. But that's all that stands out to me.

Altohombre
04-21-2011, 08:23 AM
I like KOL, but they sounded too much like they do on their cd and not enough like a live rock concert so I got bored and left. It would have been no different than laying on the ground and pretending I had my headphones on.

Necie
04-21-2011, 08:32 AM
We watched the last couple songs of KOL and saw the entire Neon Trees set.

The KOL songs sounded great! I was kinda eh on Neon Trees, my boyfriend really wanted to see them. They sounded close to their album, but I just don't like alot of their songs to begin with. Animal sounded great though!

We were by the soundboard, so we saw the crazy soundguy FREAKING OUT...this guy appeared to be learning or something, cause another sound guy that I'd seen earlier in the day was kind of hoovering over the younger guy. I don't know anything about the adrenalin rush a soundguy does or does not get from working at Coachella, but this guy was either on a serious adrenalin high or strung out-or a combination of both. Anyhow, he fucked something up with the vocals and had a breakdown..the senior soundguy was patting his back, but he was overly distraught. Guess I would be too...

Jeez this is long.

wompwomp
04-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I ended up catching almost all of KOL, and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't hate them by any means, but I didn't have any desire to see them.

I was planning on heading over after Magnetic Man to get a spot for the Bros, but when MM turned into a total disaster I bailed pretty quickly.

They are honestly a great live band, they sounded super tight and their drummer is an absolute monster. They played lots of songs from their first two albums as well, which was a nice bonus.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
04-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I saw the 1st half of KOL after Black Keys. It was super deserted until their 2nd or 3rd song. I kept telling my sister who'd never been before that it is NEVER this loose/open crowdwise at the mainstage any time after sunset. It was really weird, but it did fill in, and the guys sounded solid. It was good to hear a few old songs as well and I really liked the Back Down South/No Money live as well. But then we headed out to see Robyn, who was insaneballs!

M Sparks
04-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Walked through Neon Trees on my way to the Presets and was pretty disgusted...and I'm the guy who kept defending them before. I had seen them before playing a local bar and I thought they were pretty fun, but they were beyond douchey for the 30 seconds I saw of them Sunday. Maybe it was the mohawk.

M Sparks
04-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I wonder how tiny the crowd for She Wants Revenge was?

Saw this coming BACK from The Presets, and I'd wager it was bigger than Neon Trees. Well, it went further back for sure, but it might have been sparser up front. Also, they didn't sound anything like their first album...they were a 4 piece guitar/bass/drums setup.

Justin Warfield has always switched genres...I've liked him since Bug Powder Dust...but usually he changes band names too.