PDA

View Full Version : I dont care if you smoke pot, but smoking cigs in the crowd is some bullshit

HandBanana
04-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Seriously.
Its 20andfucking11.
Unless you have been smoking since like 1968 you really dont have an excuse for that idiotic shit, and I shouldnt have to deal with your gross ass cigarette smoke, you pantsniff.

Stupidest fucking habit in the world.
I could understand someone getting into heroin easier than I could understand someone picking up smoking at 18.

At any rate, keep that foul shit out of the crowds.

koryp
04-20-2011, 08:31 AM
ZOMG! Not this shit again!

Jagh20
04-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Seriously.
Its 20andfucking11.
Unless you have been smoking since like 1968 you really dont have an excuse for that idiotic shit, and I shouldnt have to deal with your gross ass cigarette smoke, you pantsniff.

I could understand someone getting into heroin easier than I could understand someone picking up smoking at 18.

I dont always rant, but when I do...its about stupid shit...Hows that Ivory Tower?

frazzles
04-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't care what you're smoking, just blow that shit UP you fucking inconsiderate morons.

PlayaDelWes
04-20-2011, 08:46 AM
The worst was in the tents, waiting for sets up near the rail when there is no breeze and you don't really have the option of moving away.

GuyInTucson
04-20-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't care what you're smoking, just blow that shit UP you fucking inconsiderate morons.

This ^^

HandBanana
04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Whats funny is that you see them blowing it down alot. Which I think they think helps.

koryp
04-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Whats funny is that you see them blowing it down alot. Which I think they think helps.

You're talking about pot smokers and anyone chasing the dragon too, right?

Suffacated
04-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Even though I smoke, I agree 100%! I always go outside of the tent when I feel the need to light up. Here's how I deal with a fellow smoker who just doesn't fucking get it. Politely asking someone to smoke else where seldom works. Being rude and asking them to get the fuck out sometimes works but there is always a risk of needing to get physical. Everyone around here knows I'm not about that. So being the talented person that I am by having a musical butt hole with the ability to fart on command, I usually have no problem running a smoker off..... without even saying a word. Just smile, aim and fire.

rskapcat
04-20-2011, 09:09 AM
With my allergies, I hate smoking with a passion. I don't go to bars or clubs that allow smoking, and I won't visit a person's home if anyone smokes in it. But I don't get too riled up if the smoker at an outdoor festival is considerate.

1) Blow smoke up, as people have mentioned. You have no sense of smell or taste due to your habit, but the non-smokers around you do. We don't all want to share your cigarette.

2) Choose dancing OR smoking in a crowd. You're a dick if you do both. Same with weaving through the crowd to get closer or leave a set. Put out your fucking cigarette before you make your move. I already hate you for making me move. You'll probably get the elbow if you are smoking.

hydr1
04-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Im a smoker and it bugs me...I punk my whole group on that shit. Get out the tent and go smoke on ln the way to the pisser or between stages.

The problem is all the rolled ouut tards smoking newports....not only is it cigarette smoke...its fucking newports...smells like a dreadlock dipped in toothpaste burning...nasty shit.

DesertGirl
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah, Coachella felt sooo smoky. 99% of my friends smoke and when I would say something about the ploom of smoke they didn't believe me. I now have a sinus infection from all the crap i inhaled this weekend. I wouldn't change a thing, other than all the cig smoking.

Suffacated
04-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah, Coachella felt sooo smoky. 99% of my friends smoke and when I would say something about the ploom of smoke they didn't believe me. I now have a sinus infection from all the crap i inhaled this weekend. I wouldn't change a thing, other than all the cig smoking.

The sinus infection isnt from any smoke, it's from the dried horse urine & horse poop.

Altohombre
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't like having smoke blown in my eyes, but I really don't like people flicking the ashes at the ground when my leg is right there. I also see people trying to push through to the front with a cig in their hand and almost burn people without shirts on.

Sexecutioner
04-20-2011, 11:04 AM
while i agree it is quite inconsiderate of people to smoke in big crowds, i also think it's not worth crying about. unless you have some bad allergies or asthma (in which case you probably shouldnt be at coachella anyway), just man up and deal with it.

that being said, i used to give my friends shit about it here and there, but realized it's pointless so gave up.

juloxx
04-20-2011, 11:06 AM
oh my god stop being such a pussy

ErikFlyingV
04-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Weed is worse than smoke, it smells awful and I hate its effects. Honestly, I don't see how anyone born past 1960 would want to smoke that skunky crap.

Oh, wait. Opinions, forgot they were different.

I'll lose my place in the crowd when the tokers lose theirs too. I hate pot smoke, but I deal with it.

Deal. With. It.

hydr1
04-20-2011, 11:19 AM
What the fuck? ^^^^^

Seriously. You picked the wrong day, wrong website and wrong planetto be complaining about dank you prude crybaby.

HandBanana
04-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Your carcinogen <<<< someone's bowl.

And I don't even really smoke weed.

Gribbz
04-20-2011, 11:36 AM

That's what I do.

Smoke up Johnny.

nathanfairchild
04-20-2011, 11:38 AM
but if not for cigs, how will hipsters look more disaffected?

Alchemist559
04-20-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm very polite when I smoke, only in between sets, I ask the people around if they mind first, and I blow upwards. If that is not enough, then Fuck you.

wscmx13
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm very polite when I smoke, only in between sets, I ask the people around if they mind first, and I blow upwards. If that is not enough, then Fuck you.

This!

wstsidela
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM
My nephew had an asthma attack because of all the smoke in the tents.

Strange
04-20-2011, 01:10 PM
It's weird to me that people don't think about this.
Blowing my smoke UP.
Making sure I don't burn anyone (I saw a grp coming and moved my Cig, when they bumped past us I got burnt a little but they didn't)
Putting it out if I see any kids is just habit anywhere. I don't care where I am if kids show up the Cig goes out.
Flicking my Ash I always make sure it goes on the ground not on anyone. If it's so windy it will blow I kneel down and rub the ash off on the grass.
And putting it out I always make sure it's completely out so some poor barefoot guy doesn't find it and hurt himself.
Also I'll check the breeze before I light up in a Tent and if the air isn't moving I'll just wait.
It's a nasty, stinky habit but I try to make as small an impact on other people as I can.

BROKENDOLL
04-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Even though I smoke, I agree 100%! I always go outside of the tent when I feel the need to light up. Here's how I deal with a fellow smoker who just doesn't fucking get it. Politely asking someone to smoke else where seldom works. Being rude and asking them to get the fuck out sometimes works but there is always a risk of needing to get physical. Everyone around here knows I'm not about that. So being the talented person that I am by having a musical butt hole with the ability to fart on command, I usually have no problem running a smoker off..... without even saying a word. Just smile, aim and fire.
So, who was smoking in our tent that morning I was trying to sleep?

robotronia
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
"I don't care what you're smoking, just blow that shit UP you fucking inconsiderate morons. "

this.
again.

BROKENDOLL
04-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Weed is worse than smoke, it smells awful and I hate its effects. Honestly, I don't see how anyone born past 1960 would want to smoke that skunky crap.

I'll lose my place in the crowd when the tokers lose theirs too. I hate pot smoke, but I deal with it.

Deal. With. It.
Hey, I was born in 1960. Let me show you how we do it!

ErikFlyingV
04-20-2011, 02:01 PM
What the fuck? ^^^^^

Seriously. You picked the wrong day, wrong website and wrong planetto be complaining about dank you prude crybaby.

Oh, I forgot. It's stoner holiday. Because smoking any other day in California is considered taboo.

And I agree with most things in here, except OP.

Blow the smoke up, don't ash on people and move on. I hate weed smoke, so I move. If a group is smoking a bowl I don't tell them to move and lose their spot, I just stick it out. I hate the smell and I hate the plant, but if it's unbearable then I'll move.

Same with cigarettes. I sometimes wait for a long time to get a good spot, and have a smoke. I ash it between my feet, blow up and try my best to have no smoke go near anyone. Of course if someone has an inhaler out and they are wheezing to death I'll move. But honestly, instead of bitching at the people who smoke a different plant than you, just move or deal with it.

San Francisco is definitely the worst about smoke though, no question.

Hey, I was born in 1960. Let me show you how we do it!

Looks like we have ourselves a good ol' fashioned smoke off.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ahBC_VnxmZ4/SCRRaq8IUXI/AAAAAAAACGA/1Wy29bJh90s/s400/clint_eastwood.jpg

Suffacated
04-20-2011, 02:06 PM
So, who was smoking in our tent that morning I was trying to sleep?

Me....just trying to cover up the butt burp that got away :lips

fibes
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm a "pot smoker" but i blow up and try to be around others that are smoking bud as well. potheads normally are non confrontational. if you are downwind and its blowing in your face just as a pothead to switch spots or move. 9/10 times your will get a few my bad dudes haha

pot and music go together so I'm glad you bashed cigs only which ironically i too find disgusting. My girlfriend is so short that even if she blows up still below any guys head. sorry if you were next to the couple smoking non stop joints : )

Genowarp
04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
if you cant handle the cig smoke, get out the sahara tent

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5NHBXGYjGJM/TBlHECqbj7I/AAAAAAAAASU/FHkHKaqk8_o/s400/tupac_smoking_weed_with_gun.jpg

WALRUS
04-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Seriously.
Its 20andfucking11.

shut the fuck the up, fucking douche

Sexecutioner
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I hate weed smoke, so I move. If a group is smoking a bowl I don't tell them to move and lose their spot, I just stick it out. I hate the smell and I hate the plant, but if it's unbearable then I'll move.

what the fuck is wrong with you? seriously...how could anybody enjoy cigarette smoke but hate weed smoke? i get some people dont like smoke in general, or dont like cigarette smoke, but can tolerate weed smoke. but you are the only person ive ever heard say the opposite. its almost a universally accepted fact that weed smells good and it's smoke is not very offensive compared to other types of smoke.

"I hate the smell and I hate the plant" and yet you smoke cigs...hahaha,what a fuckin tool.

frazzles
04-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Weed smoke does not smell good.

Gribbz
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
what the fuck is wrong with you? seriously...how could anybody enjoy cigarette smoke but hate weed smoke? i get some people dont like smoke in general, or dont like cigarette smoke, but can tolerate weed smoke. but you are the only person ive ever heard say the opposite. its almost a universally accepted fact that weed smells good and it's smoke is not very offensive compared to other types of smoke.

"I hate the smell and I hate the plant" and yet you smoke cigs...hahaha,what a fuckin tool.

You should follow your own advice and "get over it."

Sexecutioner
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM

i just said it's much less offensive than other types of smoke. also, the smell doesnt cling onto everything it touches forever like cig smoke.

i think it smells good though.

higgybaby23
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Someone lit up some sage in the Sahara at some point. I appreciated it for a brief second.

/coolstorybro

Sexecutioner
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
You should follow your own advice and "get over it."

haha. i am over it, i'm not bothered by smoke at all. the only thing that bothers me is people who are bothered by everything. plus, its fun to talk shit on everybody who thinks a rock festival should be this nice little sterile bubble.

hydr1
04-20-2011, 04:25 PM

We were smoking some lemony OG
and grape ape from grape blunts.

Smelled so fcuking good....I was holding the bag of og in my face like it was vics...smelled ten times better than horsepoop,sweat,grits,beer and fat whores

I.F.A.
04-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Someone lit up some sage in the Sahara at some point. I appreciated it for a brief second.

/coolstorybro

There was a group of hippies slightly down the way from us during either Lauren Hill or Erykah Badhu (can't remember which) waving sticks of patchouli incense.

Personally, I like patchouli and thought it was awesome, but that is one clingy smell. I'd totally understand someone asking them to cut it out.

As for the cigarette thing... I'm a smoker, and I try to be as considerate about it as possible. Whether at a concert or not, I always make a point to get out of the crowd/ask the people around me/blow up/whatever the situation calls for to not be an asshole. It's not that hard to be polite about it. That being said, there are also plenty of douchey non-smokers who make a point of seeking out smokers to be dicks to. It's the worst when they glare and exaggeratedly cough or something. Sorry, but if I'm seated and you walk in to my cloud of smoke, it's kind of your fault for not diverting your path to one that doesn't cross with someone who is demonstrably smoking a cigarette. Ain't going to apologize for that.

livethechoice
04-20-2011, 04:43 PM
this was the first year I used my ecig in the festival. I used it in the middle of crowds and when I let the "smoke" out people gave me dirty looks for about a second until they smelled it, then they asked me what it was. Apparently nobody minds vanilla scented water vapor.

hydr1
04-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Lol I have a buddy that uses an e cig.....but he smokes regular cigs too...he just likes to smoke non stopp and the ecig allows that....kinda weird lol

ErikFlyingV
04-20-2011, 06:47 PM

Wow, each post I've made in this thread I've said specifically I don't like it, but that's my PREFERENCE! I don't care if everyone around me smokes, I'll move! But, it's common courtesy to let people do what they want. I don't tell them to stop or move because I don't like it.

But then I am attacked because my preference is tobacco? Wow. Calling me a tool because I simply enjoy the taste and smell of tobacco over weed? I don't smoke cigarettes often, if ever anymore, but once in a while I enjoy it with coffee. I must be a total bitch, huh?

No where did I say weed was wrong, simply that I don't like it. I don't get it, at Coachella people offer me bowls and I refuse but say "Thanks so much, it just makes me anxious". I politely refuse yet I always get a reaction like I'm a total dick.

I truly don't get it. I'm as open as I can be about it, but it's just a personal preference. I'm done trying.

Radiohead
04-20-2011, 06:53 PM
while i agree it is quite inconsiderate of people to smoke in big crowds, i also think it's not worth crying about. unless you have some bad allergies or asthma (in which case you probably shouldnt be at coachella anyway), just man up and deal with it.

that being said, i used to give my friends shit about it here and there, but realized it's pointless so gave up.

I have both allergies and asthma, and I've been to seven Coachellas. The suggestion that I shouldn't be there sort of bothers me and is really uninformed. But I agree that trying to stop smokers from smoking when they want to is a fool's errand. It's probably just something that we'll have to learn to put up with, unfortunately.

hydr1
04-20-2011, 07:08 PM
California is a cannabis state.

If u like grits and not pot...vegas.

Cannabis is actually good for athsmarrrr, it dialates the bronchial airways. Vaporizing is the best way. They should have a hash bar and loungein the fest wiith a medical varification team and a vendor area inside. Like the hieneken tent. Fuck im stoned. Have a good one. Sorry I added to the clouds dudes. Just being me. Im an american. Keep on rockin in the free world. I do what I want like cartmannn

EkriirkE
04-20-2011, 07:25 PM

I fucking love you. Really, I do.
I made this in camp last year at coachella much to the dislike of my disgusting smoking campmates, but i've worn it this and last year:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/25435_389263499180_35380164180_3761638_7099274_n.j pg

ErikFlyingV
04-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Cool, you look like a massive retard.

EkriirkE
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Cool, you look like a massive retard.
Thanks! I was.. umm.. unaware that photo was being taken :)

elChurro
04-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Allergies at coachella... lol stfu

TheWatcher
04-21-2011, 06:03 AM
In all fairness, there has been less smoke each year I've gone to Coachella. The first couple times, in '05 and '06 the clouds of smoke *outside* the tents were so bad I had to wear a bandanna and my inhaler got a lot of use. This year it wasn't much of a problem.

The weed doesn't bother me at all.

Actually, tobacco doesn't bother me as long as there is fresh air. However, cigarettes are not really tobacco, are they? There is a difference between a good cigar or pipe tobacco and cancer sticks. Walking by a cigar shop, the smell is very nice, but most cigarettes smell like burning something you scraped off your shoe! :puke

JC2011
04-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Deal. With. It.

^^^ THIS! ^^^

It's absurd to sit here and complain about cigs when weed can be just as annoying. Take out the health factor cause anyone claiming to be a health freak pot head can go preach to someone else. Get the fuck out of here with that whining....

But.... Even though I smoke occasionally when I drink, I am considerate and I do go out of my way to make sure most of my smoke does not affect another individual. The same should go for the pot heads.

JC2011
04-21-2011, 06:38 AM
It's weird to me that people don't think about this.
Blowing my smoke UP.
Making sure I don't burn anyone (I saw a grp coming and moved my Cig, when they bumped past us I got burnt a little but they didn't)
Putting it out if I see any kids is just habit anywhere. I don't care where I am if kids show up the Cig goes out.
Flicking my Ash I always make sure it goes on the ground not on anyone. If it's so windy it will blow I kneel down and rub the ash off on the grass.
And putting it out I always make sure it's completely out so some poor barefoot guy doesn't find it and hurt himself.
Also I'll check the breeze before I light up in a Tent and if the air isn't moving I'll just wait.
It's a nasty, stinky habit but I try to make as small an impact on other people as I can.

Exactly.

EkriirkE
04-21-2011, 07:09 AM
(ps: I don't smoke. anything, at all. never have and don't plan to.)

socalguy100
04-21-2011, 09:46 AM
To the smokers out there, did American Spirit give away free cigs this year? In the past, you could get two free packs, but I had heard they weren't doing it this year.

chairmenmeow47
04-21-2011, 11:04 AM

i blow pot smoke down only because i'm trying to avoid getting caught :x

GuyInTucson
04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
The trick is holding it in so long that there is no smoke to blow out...

amateurs

:)

electrocute
04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I really dislike cigarette smoke near me/in my face, but I don't usually mind people doing it if they're somewhat considerate (which they often just AREN'T). One solution I've found for me personally when in a crowded tent/not willing to lose my place, I just tie/hold my bandanna around my nose/mouth (cowboy status) for a couple minutes. It doesn't bother me, I don't have to make a scene, and I don't have to breathe the smoke. :)

Blow up, people. I always kind of enjoy seeing huge billowing clouds of pot smoke floating up here and there in Coach crowds anyway :D

Gribbz
04-21-2011, 11:32 AM
i blow pot smoke down only because i'm trying to avoid getting caught :x

Oh, the lengths that you and Amy went to. :)

erinlily
04-21-2011, 11:42 AM
i can understand cigs....but weed. sorry folks but cali is medical marijuana state. Festivals, music and weed go hand in hand. if ur not into it then just simply deal with it or walk away for a moment. Its completely selfish, ignorant and lame to complain about someone smoking a joint at a musical festival... i mean come on. really? get over and hit the joint already so u can be happy like everyone else.

M Sparks
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
The cig smoke seemed worse to me too this year. It was everywhere. Not really used to that, and I was even there with a smoker. You can't smoke in bars or restaurants here.

As for weed, I wouldn't have a problem if people would buy good weed. Most of it just smelled like skunk.

hydr1
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
We were blowing some bomb ass shit...but I did smell alot of shwagggy shizer too.

coldwarriddim
04-21-2011, 12:39 PM
police pinpointed me working my way through line into the festival and walks over to dig through all my stuff and ask, "Whats wrong, came all the way to Coachella and didnt bring any weed?" haha dumb asshole

hydr1
04-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah I usually seal a meal two half ounces for each day....the first day my buddies in the car blew it and needs to smoke soooooo bad lame....so I had to break the bag open.

The security was like...damn man this shits heavy on you...and he was trying to look over at this cop two lines down...the cop was busy so the guy kinda just let me go. I have some super stealth pockets in my backpack...velcro bottom flap inside...so you can empty it out completely and shake it upside down and it appears empty with no drugs....heheheheh little do they know.
I think they do know but they don't care...cause if he wanted to take it the cop would take it from him. If noone is around those yellow shirts will bust dorks and keep it.

I offered weed to every yellow shirt I could find...and only one messican kid took some.

brematale111
04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
thats EPIC MAN

chairmenmeow47
04-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh, the lengths that you and Amy went to. :)

hahahahhahahahhaha

ErikFlyingV
04-21-2011, 01:02 PM
i can understand cigs....but weed. sorry folks but cali is medical marijuana state. Festivals, music and weed go hand in hand. if ur not into it then just simply deal with it or walk away for a moment. Its completely selfish, ignorant and lame to complain about someone smoking a joint at a musical festival... i mean come on. really? get over and hit the joint already so u can be happy like everyone else.

Nobody is...

I think the only person 'complaining' about weed in this thread was me, and that was to make a point about opinions. I don't think anyone goes to Coachella and gets angry that there's weed.

hydr1
04-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't think anyone gives a shit that your crying about us smoking weed either.

dyltr0n3030
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Seriously.
Its 20andfucking11.

Seriously. I fucking hate smokers. (cigarettes. I would be hypocritical if I say I hate ALL smokers, because I smoke weed.) Actually, that seems a bit harsh, I hate inconsiderate smokers.

I have no fucking idea why anyone smokes this day and age. There are so many facts and tests and everything else that proves how deleterious smoking cigarettes are for one's health.

I have friends who smoke, for literally no apparent reason. My friends can be so hypocritical when they smoke. Sober, their just like, "FUCK CIGS THEIR NASTY", then we smoke a blunt and they're all over em. "It's just one, what's it gonna do?" I always give them so much shit for doing literally one of the dumber things you can put inside your body.

At events, smoking is inevitable. But if you do so, be considerate of those around you. Blow smoke upwards, not in my face please.

Riflesmile
04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Smoke is smoke and just because it's weed doesn't make it acceptable.

I do agree that being considerate to others is important and would never smoke in a crowd.

I'm a smoker and was amazed by the number of people who crawled out of the woodwork to bum smokes off me every night because they had a few drinks.

Probably the same people who during the day would give me a pissy look because I smoked a cigarette within ten feet of them.

And Probably the same sort of people who would start a stupid thread like this.

Sexecutioner
04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I have no fucking idea why anyone smokes this day and age. There are so many facts and tests and everything else that proves how deleterious smoking cigarettes are for one's health.

all those facts and tests dont account for the fact that it just plain feels good to take a nice drag sometimes, especially when intoxicated.

Riflesmile
04-22-2011, 03:04 PM
all those facts and tests dont account for the fact that it just plain feels good to take a nice drag sometimes, especially when intoxicated.

^THIS

DANCE MAGIC
04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
this whole thread can suck my balls. coachella is fucking outside. it's bad enough that you fucking cocksucking assholes have taken away my right to smoke a cigarette in a fucking bar, and now you want to prevent me from smoking a cigarette in a public outdoor place? at a god damn concert, no less?

eat a fucking dick.

emllik
04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Personally... I smoke a lot of weed, and rarely smoke cigarettes. The smell and taste of cigarettes is sick to me... but I'm pretty much used to it. Every once in awhile, when I'm drinking, around people who smoke, I go through a few. I never encountered anyone smoking in the wrong. It's an outdoor festival, for jeebus sake. I hope they say no cigarettes next year, so when the people who bitch about it now smell it, they'll go nuts. This blunt's for you ; )

DANCE MAGIC
04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
if i were in the mojave watching Yo Gabba Gabba and I was surrounded by 50 moms who all had their 3 month old children strapped to their chests, and I decided I wanted a cigarette right then, I would fucking light it up. If you don't want to expose yourself or your child to that, then its on you to GTFO.

emllik
04-22-2011, 03:13 PM
if i were in the mojave watching Yo Gabba Gabba and I was surrounded by 50 moms who all had their 3 month old children strapped to their chests, and I decided I wanted a cigarette right then, I would fucking light it up. If you don't want to expose yourself or your child to that, then its on you to GTFO.

Were there any kids around for that? It seemed like an early afternoon freak fest, from what I remember. On the other hand.... fuck Yo Gabba Gabba. Go grab a beer, and a smoke.

iamellyn
04-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh man, I stood at the gate for 7 and a half hours with a small supply of water rations. Every someone lit up a cigarette, I wanted to punch them in the face. It makes the air so so dry, and we were all sweating like mad. I couldn't believe it. And then they start begging the security guards for water.

It's funny how little patience I have for cigarette smoke now that I'm an ex-smoker. That shit is so horrible when you're not smoking too.

iamellyn
04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Seriously. I fucking hate smokers. (cigarettes. I would be hypocritical if I say I hate ALL smokers, because I smoke weed.) Actually, that seems a bit harsh, I hate inconsiderate smokers.

I have friends who smoke, for literally no apparent reason. My friends can be so hypocritical when they smoke. Sober, their just like, "FUCK CIGS THEIR NASTY", then we smoke a blunt and they're all over em. "It's just one, what's it gonna do?" I always give them so much shit for doing literally one of the dumber things you can put inside your body.

At events, smoking is inevitable. But if you do so, be considerate of those around you. Blow smoke upwards, not in my face please.

Yeah I'm okay with smokers -- do what you want. But when you're in a terribly small space and you just hold it there in everyone's faces -- well that just sucks.

JKNovoa
04-22-2011, 03:54 PM

Smokes are before and after, not during.

Mugwog
04-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Just blow it up, I smoke during coachella, I dance too, I'm having a good time! I make sure I don't hit people with my cigs/smoke. (unless its ganja and you were peeking at me while I was rolling it up)

If you're going to have a stick up your ass about other people's party habits, perhaps you shouldn't come to the Mecca of music and partying for many.

Lets talk about the people who push through crowds of people dancing, THOSE are the fucking assholes, if someone's dancing just politely step around them or DANCE around them, most people don't understand that you can get through a crowd very easily by dancing and smiling!

emllik
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Just blow it up, I smoke during coachella, I dance too, I'm having a good time! I make sure I don't hit people with my cigs/smoke. (unless its ganja and you were peeking at me while I was rolling it up)

If you're going to have a stick up your ass about other people's party habits, perhaps you shouldn't come to the Mecca of music and partying for many.

Lets talk about the people who push through crowds of people dancing, THOSE are the fucking assholes, if someone's dancing just politely step around them or DANCE around them, most people don't understand that you can get through a crowd very easily by dancing and smiling!

Yes... dance-walking with a blunt through the crowd > with a cigarette

SoulDischarge
04-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Choose a fucking vice that doesn't give me cancer so you can feel cool for 30 seconds already.

brematale111
04-23-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm a pretty heavy smoker, but I NEVER smoked a cigarette during a show at coachella. I'm always very self-aware of where I'm smoking and who I'm bothering with my smoke. I'm addicted,yes, but I can fucking wait an hour to get out of the crowd, it's not a big deal.

icaito
04-23-2011, 09:18 AM
This is the year I've seen the most cigarettes smoked. (Blunts are always a staple at Coachella, but cigs? Really?)

Is that the new hipster thing to do? Fucking cigs making a comeback?

Thank you for spreading the cancer, fucktards.

brematale111
04-23-2011, 09:20 AM
This is the year I've seen the most cigarettes smoked. (Blunts are always a staple at Coachella, but cigs? Really?)

Is that the new hipster thing to do? Fucking cigs making a comeback?

Thank you for spreading the cancer, fucktards.

I guess you weren't there for the XX last year. More cigs being smoked during that show than I've ever seen in my life

icaito
04-23-2011, 09:24 AM
You know what, you are 110% correct.

The XX had the most hipsters I'd seen together in one single place. And strangely enough, cigs were abound. It's all coming back to me now...

Nevertheless, this year they multiplied like fukken Gremlins and took over more stages.

brematale111
04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
I noticed a LOT more people trying to bum cigs this year too, it got extremely annoying after awhile. you're fucked up and want a smoke? buy your own pack.

Strike III
04-23-2011, 10:59 AM
It was probably the worst for me waiting for Arcade Fire. Being at the front and smashed by the hundreds in the back pushing forward like retards. Then people start smoking like no big deal. It's like I can't even get enough oxygen and you're blowing smoke in my face? Thanks asshole.

yeahfontaine
04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
this whole thread can suck my balls. coachella is fucking outside. it's bad enough that you fucking cocksucking assholes have taken away my right to smoke a cigarette in a fucking bar, and now you want to prevent me from smoking a cigarette in a public outdoor place? at a god damn concert, no less?

eat a fucking dick.

Agree. Agree. Agree.
http://images0.cpcache.com/product/116804030v9_480x480_Front.jpg

Gribbz
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM

eat a fucking dick.

Agree. Agree. Agree.
http://images0.cpcache.com/product/116804030v9_480x480_Front.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/DJArcLight/clap.gif

icaito
04-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Since when is smoking a right?

If anything, more of a right is for the rest of us to be free to breathe unimpeded air.

Next thing you know a fucking pedophile is gonna start crying because the courts took away his right to get pleasure by molesting minors.

Retard.

Strange
04-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Since when is smoking a right?

If anything, more of a right is for the rest of us to be free to breathe unimpeded air.

Next thing you know a fucking pedophile is gonna start crying because the courts took away his right to get pleasure by molesting minors.

Retard.

Re-......REALLY!!!!
Are you really using child molestation as an analogy for smoking?
Or was that just the most ridiculous thing you could think of?

icaito
04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
It's a ludicrous ad-hominem analogy. Yes. Unapologetically.

Mugwog
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, can you not fucking dance anymore while I am listening to music in the same vicinity as you? It's really fucking up my experience you assholes.

icaito
04-23-2011, 12:18 PM
I thought Camp Fancy Pants was all about shakin' ass.

ELECtROjan
04-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I have some super stealth pockets in my backpack...velcro bottom flap inside...so you can empty it out completely and shake it upside down and it appears empty with no drugs....heheheheh little do they know.
I think they do know but they don't care...cause if he wanted to take it the cop would take it from him.

nothing positive can come from a post like this. keep your smuggling secrets to yourself, nobody cares.

Strange
04-23-2011, 05:47 PM
nothing positive can come from a post like this. keep your smuggling secrets to yourself, nobody cares.

It's like they don't think they look here for where it's hidden.

Strange
04-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Well as a smoker and someone who was molested, come next year so I can put it in your butt and blow smo0ke in your face at the same time :)
http://www.yorapper.com/Photos/you-gonna-get-raped-yorapper.jpg
LOL.

emllik
04-23-2011, 05:57 PM
George Orwell smoked cigarettes in his films, so please don't use his image to applaud anti-smoking banter. I can't believe you guys, honestly. Is smoking for hipsters now? Are you.... fucking kidding me? YES! NOW AND ALWAYS! Did you miss... say.... the 50's through 2011? I was only there for 24 years of it, and I've known for a long time that smoking has been considered "cool" in certain circles that meant absolutely flushed shit to me. Anytime you get a group of people, they will all eventually do what pleases them. Many people, "cool" people, people who once considered themselves cool, and got addicted, people who just plain got addicted out of something they picked up from friends, many people smoke cigarettes. I don't like it blown in my face, no, but I'm also not going to shit on someone for lighting up in a crowd. There are ways to make sure it bothers people as little as possible, and maybe this is your gripe. You think that the people who are smoking should be more considerate. It has nothing to do with how many hipsters there are! It mostly has to do with how many oversensitive people you have in comparison to how many inconsiderate people you have. Me... rolling around with a blunt, I got asked by people for hits as I went through, as I stood there enjoying the show. I understand perfectly how bad cigarette smoke can be. Try placing bets inside the bar at Del Mar Racetrack when horce racing starts this year! You'll be happy that Coachella is an outdoors facility, and hopefully quit bitching. If it's important to you, take a physical stand? Crying can clear your mind, but it ain't gonna put the cheese on your pizza.

Theijuiel
04-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I got burned by a cig this year, I smoke and couldn't give less of a shit about being burned. People smoking in crowds will never stop even if it is outlawed. Get over it.

Gribbz
04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
George Orwell smoked cigarettes in his films, so please don't use his image to applaud anti-smoking banter. I can't believe you guys, honestly. Is smoking for hipsters now? Are you.... fucking kidding me? YES! NOW AND ALWAYS! Did you miss... say.... the 50's through 2011? I was only there for 24 years of it, and I've known for a long time that smoking has been considered "cool" in certain circles that meant absolutely flushed shit to me. Anytime you get a group of people, they will all eventually do what pleases them. Many people, "cool" people, people who once considered themselves cool, and got addicted, people who just plain got addicted out of something they picked up from friends, many people smoke cigarettes. I don't like it blown in my face, no, but I'm also not going to shit on someone for lighting up in a crowd. There are ways to make sure it bothers people as little as possible, and maybe this is your gripe. You think that the people who are smoking should be more considerate. It has nothing to do with how many hipsters there are! It mostly has to do with how many oversensitive people you have in comparison to how many inconsiderate people you have. Me... rolling around with a blunt, I got asked by people for hits as I went through, as I stood there enjoying the show. I understand perfectly how bad cigarette smoke can be. Try placing bets inside the bar at Del Mar Racetrack when horce racing starts this year! You'll be happy that Coachella is an outdoors facility, and hopefully quit bitching. If it's important to you, take a physical stand? Crying can clear your mind, but it ain't gonna put the cheese on your pizza.

First of all, tl;dr

Second of all, I clearly wasn't applauding "anti-smoking" banter.

SoulDischarge
04-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Hitler. Holocaust. Blabblahblah.

Exoskeletal
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I always try to blow my smoke upwards, and I never smoke when I'm crowded close to people at shows. I also am really good about not throwing my cigarette butts on the ground. You can be a smoker and also not be inconsiderate to everyone else around you.

I also agree with putting them out when you're in the vicinity of children. Smokers who don't do these things just don't give a fuck, and deserve to be hated on.

brematale111
04-23-2011, 09:42 PM
this ^^

icaito
04-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Well as a smoker and someone who was molested, come next year so I can put it in your butt and blow smo0ke in your face at the same time :)
http://www.yorapper.com/Photos/you-gonna-get-raped-yorapper.jpg
LOL.

I'll be in Lot 10. Thursday, 8pm, sharp. Look for the tent with the Mexican flag.

One more reason I can't wait till Coachella 2012!!!!!!

ROFL

icaito
04-23-2011, 10:11 PM
I always try to blow my smoke upwards, and I never smoke when I'm crowded close to people at shows. I also am really good about not throwing my cigarette butts on the ground. You can be a smoker and also not be inconsiderate to everyone else around you.

I also agree with putting them out when you're in the vicinity of children. Smokers who don't do these things just don't give a fuck, and deserve to be hated on.

Now if only more people thought (and acted) like you...

And I'm saying it sincerely. Thanks.

brematale111
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
like I said earlier, not all smokers are inconsiderate assholes.

"I'm a pretty heavy smoker, but I NEVER smoked a cigarette during a show at coachella. I'm always very self-aware of where I'm smoking and who I'm bothering with my smoke. I'm addicted,yes, but I can fucking wait an hour to get out of the crowd, it's not a big deal."

icaito
04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
like I said earlier, not all smokers are inconsiderate assholes.

And you are one hundred percent correct about that fact. I am referring specifically to those who are in the middle of the crowd, and show no signs of concern or care for others.

I guess I can compare it to a dude who cut and stepped right infront of us at the Pinback set (2005, if I'm not mistaken) wearing a HUGE sombrero. That's straight douche.

You, like I said, in my book are as cool as the other side of the pillow.

brematale111
04-23-2011, 10:25 PM
You, like I said, in my book are as cool as the other side of the pillow.

I like you, sir. I use this expression quite often

icaito
04-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Why, thank you. It is indeed one of my favorites from Mr. Stuart Scott.

Granted, I learned English reading Lucky Charms boxes, listening to Pink Floyd, and watching ESPN.

LOL

brematale111
04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
where are you originally from?

icaito
04-23-2011, 10:43 PM
From Mexicali, the Capital City of the peninsular State of Baja California.

=)

Saydo
04-25-2011, 01:10 AM
I actually try not to smoke, but if you're being inconsiderate...I can play that game too. If you show up 3 minutes before the act goes on trying to get a good view, and you park your ass in front of me...I'm gonna light up. If you're sucking face in front of me and not watching the performance that I'm interested in...I'm gonna light up. If you're waiting for Beirut while a high energy act like NASA is playing and you're sitting down in the pit...I'm gonna light up and ash on your head.

But I guess you'll be glad to hear that there were no free American Spirits this year.

rivetbutt
04-25-2011, 02:45 AM
assholes are assholes, if someone burns you and doesn't apologize, smack that bitch.

as for smoking out doors, i partake in too many other vices that will kill me some day to deny someone in public doing the same thing. it's way too hypocritical for even me.

hydr1
04-25-2011, 09:11 AM

Keep your trolling comments to yourself you lame.

I hide dead bodies under rocks....go cry about it. ***

BROKENDOLL
04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
I don't care if you post, but most of your posting is some bullshit...
Unapologetically Yours,
BD

icaito
04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
I actually try not to smoke, but if you're being inconsiderate...I can play that game too...

That's exactly right, and there is no need to be douchefucks. Now, once someone fires out at you the first salvo, it's pretty much free game.

I don't care if you post, but most of your posting is some bullshit...
Unapologetically Yours,
BD

Don't talk like your shit don't stink, specially when 85% of your 12,000+ posts are garbage.

ryanliamg
04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Crying can clear your mind, but it ain't gonna put the cheese on your pizza.

say no to cheeseless pizza.

icaito
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
say no to cheeseless pizza.

Yea, what's up with that? My vegan friends just don't get it.

emllik
04-26-2011, 10:25 AM
I actually try not to smoke, but if you're being inconsiderate...I can play that game too. If you show up 3 minutes before the act goes on trying to get a good view, and you park your ass in front of me...I'm gonna light up. If you're sucking face in front of me and not watching the performance that I'm interested in...I'm gonna light up. If you're waiting for Beirut while a high energy act like NASA is playing and you're sitting down in the pit...I'm gonna light up and ash on your head.

But I guess you'll be glad to hear that there were no free American Spirits this year.

I don't care who you think you are. You can feel free to smoke when I stand in front of you, three minutes before the show comes on, but I'd take your head off with a clean cross chop if you thought you were going to bully with your cigarette. Showing up three minutes before a show, trying to get a good spot, IS EXACTLY WHAT IT'S ABOUT. Sometimes you have to catch one show before trying to catch one, and it comes out a bit late. Who are you to push people around with your cigarette smoke? I don't even mind smoke, but I know I'd destroy you if you thought you'd puff at me, or burn me, or anything with your little lit stick. I apologized to people this year just for thinking I may have stepped on them, or come close. You sound like a fucking prick. You'll never catch me sitting in the middle of a show, waiting for another show to come up, but you'd also never catch me allowing ANYONE to ash on my head without them catching NDS (Near Death Syndrome). Believe that next time you act a cunt in public, kit.

emllik
04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm a free American spirit =)

Strange
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I'll be in Lot 10. Thursday, 8pm, sharp. Look for the tent with the Mexican flag.

One more reason I can't wait till Coachella 2012!!!!!!

ROFL

I like how you went vulgar and ridiculous with your post, so I took it a step further and you think I'm serious.
:laughyou :rotfl :laughyou

Media Blitz
04-26-2011, 12:53 PM
I can make this promise when I am sober and not at Coachella.

When drugs are involved, I make no promises and actually promise to annoy you by smoking.

vamosuruguay
03-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I make it a challenge to blow smoke in as many faces as I can.

artisticcreator
03-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Who would care?

cirquefreak
03-06-2012, 05:52 PM
When it comes to Coachella, I can't help but smoke cigarettes... it's the only thing that makes smelling the cig smoke around me remotely tolerable. I'd rather have first hand than second hand...

Goatchella
03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I've heard that before.

Overcome your weakness. Everyone benefits.

brogore
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Remember Kids,

if she smokes , she POKES!!!

Smokechella

mikey1313666
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Herb > Stoges

I'mOleGreg
03-06-2012, 08:59 PM
You have to expect that people are going to smoke cigs, you are at a festival!! I agree that cigarette smokers should not smoke in the tents, but when they are at the outdoor stages it should be free game.. And if they do smoke in the tents, I don't get all sad about it or get mad a them. Let them do as they wish, worry about yourself and enjoy the music..

SoulDischarge
03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Being around some of my smoker friends has become infinitely more tolerable now that they smoke electronic cigs.

Goatchella
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I have a raw vape that looks like an e cig.

Smoking bubble hash is more tolerable than anything.

Jrtho73
03-06-2012, 10:32 PM
If you are smoking cigs blow that nasty tar smog up into the air.

Don't fucking compare marijuana to cigarettes. Marijuana is a naturally growing plant that has health benefits. Cigarettes on the other hand are tabacco infused with tar, dog shit and bad judgement. Not to mention they've most likely shortened the life of someone you loved.

Stay green, enjoy the music and get your death sticks the fuck out of my face.

greghead
03-06-2012, 10:47 PM
I have a raw vape that looks like an e cig.

Smoking bubble hash is more tolerable than anything.

I like your style. Bring both to Coachella, please.

Ferris Wheeler
03-06-2012, 11:11 PM
As someone who does not smoke cigarettes I am very much in favor of people smoking cigarettes. Without cigarettes it would be much more difficult for people to get away with smoking joints.

If you are packed into a crowd you should not be smoking a cigarette. If you can do lunges and not hit anyone, smoke away.

hippiephonics
03-06-2012, 11:17 PM
im going to smoke small rolled up human babies

seitron
03-07-2012, 12:36 AM
You guys, my drugs are totally awesome, but your drugs are the work of Satan

DFrank
03-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Consensus is: Blow your cigarette smoke upward

/thread

sophiesteilen
03-07-2012, 06:03 AM
hahahahah so true lol

santasutt
03-07-2012, 06:19 AM
I hate smokers but I luvs

I promise to not light up in the tents and blow hasta el cielo.

nyarlathotoats
03-07-2012, 06:57 AM
im going to smoke small rolled up human babies

Hmm. Sounds sexy.

vertin
03-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Ok I smoke a fuckton of weed/hash and I continue to do so during coachella. I HATE cigs for the smell/taste and for bad health effects. Regardless I go to lots of shows and people are always smoking cigs. But at coachella many many people smoke cigs it seems but who honestly cares?? Im usually fucked up most of the time anyway so get over it if someone is smoking a tobacco stick. You wont be here forever anyways, right?

backtocali
03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
I quit smoking Jan. 2011 but I usually partake at Coachella because that's the one time of the year I can get away with it. Not only do I get to party once a year, I get to smoke those nasty cigs for 3 days out of the year and still claim to be a non smoker. I am a courteous smoker and always move to the outside of the crowd and look for others smoking before I light up.

SepaGroove
03-07-2012, 10:01 AM
You have to expect that people are going to smoke cigs, you are at a festival!! I agree that cigarette smokers should not smoke in the tents, but when they are at the outdoor stages it should be free game.. And if they do smoke in the tents, I don't get all sad about it or get mad a them. Let them do as they wish, worry about yourself and enjoy the music..

I agree with you here Gregor but it is pretty fucking nasty when I'm in a tent, usually it's the Sahara, and a cloud of cig smoke gets blown in my face. And the closer you are to the stage the harder it is to avoid such clouds of nasty cig smoke. I smoke cigs at Coachella sometimes, but always go towards the back of the tent and blow my smoke UP in the air. I actually do this with ganja too. It's just all about being courteous and not blowing smoke on other people, whether it's the good stuff or cancer sticks. But for the people saying that cigarette smoking is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed etc., just shut up and quit being such a pussy. You're at a music festival, people are going to be smoking!

Mugwog
03-07-2012, 11:03 AM
As someone who does not smoke cigarettes I am very much in favor of people smoking cigarettes. Without cigarettes it would be much more difficult for people to get away with smoking joints.

THIS

And as far as blowing ganja smoke; fucking let that crowd rip across a few faces and see the folks grin with envy.

Mrsloth7
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
People if you think I'm gonna jump out of a sick show to smoke a stogie your trippin. Deal with it. We already got a beer gardens, we don't need Coachella to have smoking areas now too. Mind your own!!!

Mrsloth7
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
LOL!!!

Robin
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
All smokers should stand up and blow up. Cigs and/or pot.

I'm a cig smoker, but I try to be aware of my surroundings. I'm always in the back, even if I'm not smoking. If there are a lot of people surrounding me, I will move to a more open area and still blow the smoke up.

I will NEVER blow directly in someone's face, and I hope you ganja smokers would do the same thing. Not everyone likes pot, and unfortunately, for me, if I inhale enough of it, I will get dizzy and nauseated with the possibility of throwing up everywhere. I really don't think you want me throwing up on you during a show.

All you pot smokers are asking the cig smokers to be more considerate, but there's a lot of inconsiderate weed smokers as well. It irritates me that I have to move somewhere else because your group decided to sit in front of me when I was there first and smoke your weed, so the smoke goes in my face. And because I have to move away from your smoke clouds, you're inconveniencing my friend(s) because we wanted to enjoy the show together.

Morchetta
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
AMEN.
Seriously.
Its 20andfucking11.

romanticizer
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Isn't the walk from stage to stage enough time to smoke a cigarette? Smoking in a crowd full of people just seems like an obnoxious and dangerous thing to do. Of all the things I've read, this is the only aspect of Coachella I'm not looking forward to. =(

Lynn163
03-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Isn't the walk from stage to stage enough time to smoke a cigarette? Smoking in a crowd full of people just seems like an obnoxious and dangerous thing to do. Of all the things I've read, this is the only aspect of Coachella I'm not looking forward to. =(

I thought 2010 was terrible regarding the cigs because they were giving them away for free and it was SO crowded. I didn't see a problem ( or just didn't experience) one last year at all.

jefferie
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
2011 was the first year they didn't give away free cigs at least since 07, I never went before that so I wouldn't know. I smoke every once in awhile, usually only if I'm drinking but I always smoke at coachella. Between the drinking and all sorts of party favors and the fact that it's outside makes it really easy to smoke all weekend. I haven't always smoked so I always make sure to blow my smoke up and I'm barefoot so I make sure to water bottle my cig butts as well as my friends. If someone has a problem with me smoking outside at a concert they can move, I'm not doing anything illegal and it's ridiculous that people think that they should be able to control whatever I do while watching a concert and enjoying myself. I personally don't really ever smoke weed but every concert I've been to you're constantly smelling herb. I expect it and wouldn't dream of telling someone else what to do at a concert when all they are doing is enjoying themselves. There's absolutely no difference between cigarette smokers and herb smokers except one is illegal (though it shouldn't be) a little common courtesy goes a long way but beyond that I don't owe anyone else shit. If any kind of smoke bothers you that much move spots or go to indoor concerts, people have the right to smoke outside if they want.

seitron
03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes to everything you said, but

I'm barefoot
:puke

AgainstFeist
03-07-2012, 09:43 PM
My friends smoke non-stop (I don't). I try to get them to move to the back, but sometimes it's to much of a clusterfuck to worry about. I am also used to it so don't really notice anymore. Let me apologize now.

lostsoul86
03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
you know not everyone likes the smell of pot me being one hate the smell and i could never smoke... it cigarettes i do smoke when i been drinking but me as a smoker i wouldnt do it in a crowd i would just smoke in a more empty area after seeing whatever band i just seen to do it in a crowd during a set is rude but i find smoking pot also in a crowd during a performance is also rude .

goldfromla
03-07-2012, 10:48 PM
you know not everyone likes the smell of pot me being one hate the smell and i could never smoke... it cigarettes i do smoke when i been drinking but me as a smoker i wouldnt do it in a crowd i would just smoke in a more empty area after seeing whatever band i just seen to do it in a crowd during a set is rude but i find smoking pot also in a crowd during a performance is also rude .

OH REALLLY?

lostsoul86
03-07-2012, 10:52 PM
OH REALLLY?

well ya but everyone's diff i guess it all boils down to personal preference

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
You guys should keep your windows rolled up in the car when you smoke. Since you love the smoke so much.

Oh wait, you hate the smoke and the smell and like fresh air...

Oxymorons

PotVsKtl
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Tough dicks fucksand.

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
I guess we all have personal flaws.

Some people choose them.

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 11:03 AM
goat, some people see dropping 15 hits of liquid and some rolls is a personal flaw. diff'rent strokes.

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 11:10 AM
what i would like to know is how the 'dabblers' are viewed by thos who do not dab. are you offended that someone is trying to heat a nail with a blowtorch to get high? does it pose any potential risk to those surrounding the dabbler?

Inquiring minds want to know.

hippityhip
03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
opinions are like assholes; everyone has got one and they all stink.

jefferie
03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
This thread makes me want to blow smoke in peoples faces.

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
goat, some people see dropping 15 hits of liquid and some rolls is a personal flaw. diff'rent strokes.

Dropping acid does not harm other people or myself.

I don't take rolls...if those assumptions are directed at me.

And wtf is a dabbler?

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Dropping acid does not harm other people or myself.

I don't take rolls...if those assumptions are directed at me.

And wtf is a dabbler?

re: rolls i thought you did. my b.

a dabbler is someone who dabs. for instance josesative is heretofore know as Earl of Dabble.

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
No.

Dabbler is not a word. Jose would be more suited with dumb fuck. Just another asshole opinion though. Not supposed to give those out on message board.
About the acid thing....
Bad comparison and poor attempt at putting me on blast.
stop that

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 12:42 PM
not trying to put you on blast bro. js

Doses_On_Sunday#K.C.
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I dont always rant, but when I do...its about stupid shit...Hows that Ivory Tower?
He can probably smoke up there since he won't be bothering anyone.

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 12:45 PM
dabbler is pretty apropos.

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 12:46 PM
For the record. I don't care what anyone does. I am an advocate of everyone living a better, longer life. Quitting smoking was the best thing I have ever done.

heart cooks brain
03-08-2012, 12:47 PM
For the record. I don't care what anyone does. I am an advocate of everyone living a better, longer life. Quitting smoking was the best thing I have ever done.

congrats brom but no one likes to be preached to. they'll come to it in their own time, or they won't.

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 12:52 PM
So we're back to an opinion.

Everyone will bennifit when you overcome your personal flaws. Nobody bennifits from someone smoking.

Doses_On_Sunday#K.C.
03-08-2012, 12:53 PM
if you cant handle the cig smoke, get out the sahara tent

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5NHBXGYjGJM/TBlHECqbj7I/AAAAAAAAASU/FHkHKaqk8_o/s400/tupac_smoking_weed_with_gun.jpg

Hollar.

jefferie
03-08-2012, 01:41 PM

Ex smokers who then become preachy worst kind of people ever. Basically the only valid argument comes down to second hand smoke and if you die from second hand smoke then you're a pussy.

JustSteve
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
no one, save for a handful of of people, have died from second hand smoke. it is one of the biggest scams in our history.

jefferie
03-08-2012, 02:26 PM
dying from second hand smoke = to dying from a falling bullet from new years eve celebrations.

bobert
03-08-2012, 02:35 PM
no one, save for a handful of of people, have died from second hand smoke. it is one of the biggest scams in our history.

If you smoke indoors, the second hand smoke is an extreme health hazard to anyone living in that building. Will it kill you? Probably not. But if you have asthma or any kind of respiratory illness that shit will fuck you up. That's not a scam or a myth. Breathing someone's second hand smoke outdoors is more of an irritation, not really a health risk.

I smoked for ten years. During those ten years my opinion was pretty similar to a lot of the smokers in this thread. But once you quit and your sense of smell returns you begin to realize how truly disgusting the habit is. I had a lot of fun smoking cigarettes and for the most part I have no regrets about it. One regret I do have is not being more respectful to those around me who didn't partake.

JustSteve
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
sure it can fuck you up, i don't dispute it can cause short term problems. but the whole tagline has been that second hand smoke kills, which is basically not true. calabasas outright banned smoking outdoors anywhere in the city. that is just fuckin' retarded.

i sit here on the lung transplant list with my lungs functioning around 40% of normal. sure i don't like the smell of smoke, but i am not worried about being around it, especially outside.

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Hope every thing works out man.

Our health is one of the only things we can control. What a privilage.
I'm not tying to preach to anyone. Especially on a message board. Just useless opinions.

bobert
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Yes, the anti-smoking ads are ridiculous. The ones where they imply that dogshit is one of the main ingredients in cigarettes is my personal favorite.

But this thread isn't about that or public health issues. Bottom line is that smoking cigarettes in a crowd is no big deal to smokers but unpleasant for non-smokers. If anyone wants to enjoy a cigarette in my vicinity and are careful to blow the smoke in the air and dispose of the butt properly, no big deal. If you want to chain smoke through an entire set or push your way through the crowd with a lit cigarette running into people and burning them, then that's a problem. If I turn to the guy standing next to me at Coachella and spit in his face, he's probably not going to die. He will be angry and disgusted and will probably wish I'd not done that, but he will live. That doesn't necessarily make him a pussy.

Goatchella
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Truth^

I won't cry about it. I'll talk shit to you and let you know what an idiot you are if you burn me or it's bothering me.
Otherwise I don't care and I don't expect a smoker to have respect.
For some reason shitty tobacco is twice as bad. Blends, palmal, cloves, newports are the worst.

I only stopped smoking in July, so the smell of a camel light isn't so bad.

MondayBox
03-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I like smoking.

Mugwog
03-10-2012, 04:19 PM
People will smoke at outdoor concerts. Smoke away from the de youth (ganja too) and blow smoke in air. Even pot smoke (unless you see them eyefucking your joint).

END THREAD

ShyGuy75
03-12-2012, 07:04 AM
the best part about watching a set with a group of smokers is that everyone around you will clear out

SoulDischarge
03-12-2012, 07:06 AM
At some street fest in Chicago, some dude was smoking a cigar that stunk up pretty much an entire block. That's some first class dickishness right there.

heart cooks brain
03-12-2012, 07:43 AM
People will smoke at outdoor concerts. Smoke away from the de youth (ganja too) and blow smoke in air. Even pot smoke (unless you see them eyefucking your joint).

END THREAD

remember when people used to smoke at indoor concerts? bars? it hasn't been that long.

CasualJJ
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
This has actually been a helpful thread for a first-timer at Coachella. Didn't know how the smoking "culture" was down there. I know Sasquatch has always been covered in anti-smoking ads and I'm already respectful, so I'll blow it in the air if I am smoking around people, but I usually do my chain-smoking away from the stage.

Mugwog
03-14-2012, 04:15 PM
remember when people used to smoke at indoor concerts? bars? it hasn't been that long.

well.. in CA its been illegal for a good minute, although I fucking love Las Vegas for being able to smoke anywhere you fucking want

ENluv12
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
well.. in CA its been illegal for a good minute, although I fucking love Las Vegas for being able to smoke anywhere you fucking want

THIS. I hate when I come back from Vegas and go out in San Diego... I always get a little sad when I realize I have to go outside to smoke again.

Mugwog
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
And now they make you run off in a corner because your smoke is getting into the bar and ruining all the drunken fun.

ENluv12
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
yeah I hate that. OMG the wind blew and there is smoke going in the bar!!!

irivasmls
03-23-2012, 04:20 AM
At least you can't get fired from your job for 2nd hand cig smoke. 3 days of 2nd hand pot smoke may be enough to show up on a Drug Test. Some professions/industries practice a, "Random Drug Test Policy." I'm not going to complain about someone smoking pot. It's a festival. I'll DEAL with it whichever way I can. People can DEAL with my cig smoke too. And have you ever considered that maybe we smoke like trains at a festival because we can't smoke a little herb and, "Mellow out," bro.

SmellyBath
03-23-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm gonna bring Camel Wides and hunt all of you down with my inconsiderate and highly carcinogenic smoke. I may even bring menthols.

hippityhip
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
3 days of 2nd hand pot smoke may be enough to show up on a Drug Test.

False

hippityhip
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm gonna bring Camel Wides and hunt all of you down with my inconsiderate and highly carcinogenic smoke. I may even bring menthols.

lulz

brogore
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
At least you can't get fired from your job for 2nd hand cig smoke. 3 days of 2nd hand pot smoke may be enough to show up on a Drug Test. Some professions/industries practice a, "Random Drug Test Policy." I'm not going to complain about someone smoking pot. It's a festival. I'll DEAL with it whichever way I can. People can DEAL with my cig smoke too. And have you ever considered that maybe we smoke like trains at a festival because we can't smoke a little herb and, "Mellow out," bro.

^Implying you can pick up THC chemicals through 2nd Hand smoke

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/58630627-lol-reaction.gif\

jfu222
03-23-2012, 01:06 PM
I am actually looking forward to taking a vacation from being a health nut and smoking like a fiend.

But really, this thread is simply another "try to be aware of others around you and don't be a dick" thread. A useful reminder to some.

I love the "be a man" comments when referring to withstanding 2nd hand smoke being blown in the face.

jfu222
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM

Good luck with that hunter

michaelmontanez
03-23-2012, 06:56 PM
yeah, I'm bringing in a half carton of Newport non-menthlols, but always blowing up and being considerate with mah butts. I miss the year I had those Ukrainian lucky strikes with filters.

Iamwelting
03-24-2012, 03:59 AM
yeah, I'm bringing in a half carton of Newport non-menthlols, but always blowing up and being considerate with mah butts. I miss the year I had those Ukrainian lucky strikes with filters.

Oh man, filtered Lucky's are the best. I bought 3 cartons when I was in Peru for like 15 bucks a pop.

JoeCthulhu
03-24-2012, 06:01 AM
The last time I was burned by someone's cig, was at Coachella 2010. The dude tried to apologize, but we was too lit for the words to come out right. Eventually, he just shrugged his shoulders and stumbled away.

BlessedLife3
03-25-2012, 11:00 PM
If you smoke indoors, the second hand smoke is an extreme health hazard to anyone living in that building. Will it kill you? Probably not. But if you have asthma or any kind of respiratory illness that shit will fuck you up. That's not a scam or a myth. Breathing someone's second hand smoke outdoors is more of an irritation, not really a health risk.

I smoked for ten years. During those ten years my opinion was pretty similar to a lot of the smokers in this thread. But once you quit and your sense of smell returns you begin to realize how truly disgusting the habit is. I had a lot of fun smoking cigarettes and for the most part I have no regrets about it. One regret I do have is not being more respectful to those around me who didn't partake.

Well said bobert.