PDA

View Full Version : Have you cried since leaving Coachella?

kvnty
04-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I admit I'm a little bit wussy and have cried uncontrollably a few times since leaving Coachella.

nathanfairchild
04-19-2011, 08:43 PM
nope

Vic Viper
04-19-2011, 08:51 PM
about 20 minutes ago i almost did, thinking about meeting High Contrast and the whole group having a blast during the set and the picture afterward.

wscmx13
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
No but i've thoght about it. Its very nostalgic for me and was extremely sad when we left

TomAz
04-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Jesus fucking christ. look at you people.

koryp
04-20-2011, 05:12 AM
I was holding it together, but Tom yelling at us has me balling like a little girl. Thanks Tom I'm a fucking mess now.

stuporfly
04-20-2011, 05:25 AM
I did, but it was because I hit my balls on a doorknob. It's possible there was a little residual Coachella-related separation anxiety in there, though I'm pretty sure it was just the doorknob to the balls.

GuyInTucson
04-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Jesus fucking christ. look at you people.

This ^

motionnn77
04-20-2011, 08:52 AM
I've never cried after any of my coachellas but have felt a mild irritation of having to get back to reality. However, this time I feel re-energized and happy. It was my most social Coachella and....gosh I'm all warm and fuzzy.

PlayaDelWes
04-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Lakers need to win 16 more before I start thinking about that

dontpanic
04-20-2011, 11:02 AM
I definitely teared up on the last day, walking up to the raised terrace area then looking back at the sea of beautiful people.

imjihoon
04-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I miss it terribly but no tears from all the dust and wind.

Necie
04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Yes! Basically I have alotta shit goin on in my life right now that was stimulated/exasperated by some of the artists that played this year..A number of songs hit some really deep nerves, and I'm dealing with both the aftermath of that AND the normal ExodusChella depression.

kvnty
04-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes! Basically I have alotta shit goin on in my life right now that was stimulated/exasperated by some of the artists that played this year..A number of songs hit some really deep nerves, and I'm dealing with both the aftermath of that AND the normal ExodusChella depression.

Cut Copy was so wonderful, I feel like that double rainbow YouTube guy every time I think about it. "It's sooo beautiful ..."

Appreciate the honesty!

EverGreen407
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
There are tons of other awesome festivals, concerts, parties coming up this summer! Just keep looking forward.

thewoodenman
04-20-2011, 03:16 PM
definitely got post-chella depression, this year flew by faster than ever before. it felt like i blinked and i was at coachella, then the very next thing i knew i was back on the i-10 headed home. there was just too much going on this year, never ever a single down moment and so many good memories have been made.

Miroir Noir
04-20-2011, 03:22 PM
I get very depressed on the drive home every year. It's less missing the good times (which I always do have) than the loss of that "something" that keeps me going every year from the holidays through the rest of the winter months. Whenever I have a bad day at work, I think "x days til Coachella," that sort of thing. It's like being sad the evening of Christmas day when you were a kid and all the presents had been opened.

It also gets a little worse every year. It seems like there's too much work and family and everything else in life, and Coachella is the one guaranteed time of year that I not only get to vacation, but actually cut loose with reckless abandon like a younger, much less responsible version of myself.

algunz
04-20-2011, 03:26 PM
I have cried plenty, but it's all been completely unrelated to the polo fields.

GuyInTucson
04-20-2011, 03:40 PM
There are tons of other awesome festivals, concerts, parties coming up this summer! Just keep looking forward.

Yeah but see, these things cost money, and lots of it. While some people here have the means to do it, I certainly don't and I am not sure my wife and seven year old would appreciate me being gone 10 weekends a year at music festivals.

Coachella is really my only vice anymore.

yeahfontaine
04-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I cried a few times but all on the fields and all joyful tears.

When Allison Mosshart came downstage and looked at all of us and we screamed for her and she smiled and seemed to choke up, I broke down. It was so good to see the sensitive and sweet side of Allison again post-Dead Weather wildcat. Loved that side, too, but I really missed her chemistry with Jamie and sweet disposition.

The other time was at sunset on Sunday and the sky was this brilliant orange and I just teared up at how goddamn magical this festival is and how grateful I am to get to come with my husband every year and have the best times of my life. Couldn't help it.

Meadowsmeister
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I didnt cry, but monday when i got home, i was recovering in my bed watching the hangover, then "Can't Tell Me Nothin'" by Kanye came on which gave me the chills.
I also miss the amazing balls of snot up my nose after each day.

concertgoer
04-20-2011, 03:57 PM
]I cried a few times but all on the fields and all joyful tears. [/B]

When Allison Mosshart came downstage and looked at all of us and we screamed for her and she smiled and seemed to choke up, I broke down. It was so good to see the sensitive and sweet side of Allison again post-Dead Weather wildcat. Loved that side, too, but I really missed her chemistry with Jamie and sweet disposition.

The other time was at sunset on Sunday and the sky was this brilliant orange and I just teared up at how goddamn magical this festival is and how grateful I am to get to come with my husband every year and have the best times of my life. Couldn't help it.
This
I shed several tears throughout the weekend but they were all tears of joy except when Kanye played Dear Mama. That really got to me :(

dyltr0n3030
04-20-2011, 06:53 PM
]dfdd

kneuller
04-20-2011, 07:18 PM
weirdos