PDA

View Full Version : Pass-out-chella 2011

brematale111
04-19-2011, 10:38 AM
I saw at least 5 people pass out in front of me at shows during the day. The first was at black joe lewis, the girl was right in front of me and scared the shit out of my girlfriend (her first coachella). Anybody else see this happen often?

andersunnO)))
04-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I passed out waiting in line to get in. Pretty crazy, only the second time I've ever fainted.

lowfront
04-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Ya I prob saw 4 people pass out

aphrael
04-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I saw someone pass out a couple minutes before gogol bordello started; he got out of the crowd before the band started. I ran into some girls carrying a passed out dude leaving Mumford&Sons; I ran crowd interference for them until they got to somewhere they felt safe waiting for a medic, and gave them the rest of my water. I *almost* passed out during Chuckie but had the presence of mind to go chill out on the grass instead. One of my camping buddies seized up for a bit in the campground. :{

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 11:11 AM
And this is why I drink shitloads of water when at Coachella.

FuhRaze
04-19-2011, 11:21 AM
My friend had to help carry a girl out of Sahara, a bit scary, 95F day time raving with Skirillx is dangerous....

frizzlefry
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Almost passed out during Duck Sauce and my gf and I had to leave for most of the night to wait out our very dangerous and very last roll, still had a great time with her listening to Stokes from afar. Realized that Coachella can be done right without that shit in our systems, looking forward to next year.

BeaverCat
04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
She was getting an IV drip and she was unconscious.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/218077_1986915036276_1345314186_32396478_4611665_n .jpg

aphrael
04-19-2011, 12:30 PM

I thought I had. I had *two liters* during gogol bordello, for example.

Not enough.

303dubbin
04-19-2011, 12:32 PM
stay hydrated!! i saw so many people go down, kinda scared the shit out of me while i was trippin."oh man what if that happens to me, what if i ate too many drugs?! AAAAHHHHHHHH i better drink some more water" haha love the inner monologue.

brematale111
04-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I really thought I was going to pass out during gogol for a minute. my buddy saved my ass by bringing a 2 liter bottle of water to share. They really need high-energy shows like gogol to be in a tent or at night

krisskross
04-19-2011, 01:17 PM
I've fainted before at Coachella. Friday of last year, right at the entrance. That plus overcrowding of clusterfuck-chella was hell.

This year I drank less hard alcohol. Mostly stuck to beer and water. Happy times :)

Virrago
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Awww come on, don't post pictures of people passed out. I'm sure they had a shitty enough time as it is without it being immortalized on the Internet. Unless they were wearing a headdress. Then it's fair game.

emllik
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Don't drink beer to cure your thirst, of course. I was smoking enough to keep my mouth too dry to walk around without water. Constantly hitting the water, sometimes going for the beer. I was trekking madly for four days, pretty much, without any problem. I got super tired on Sunday, even after Saturday night's super rest, and ended up napping next to an asian dude next to a pile of puke. It done felt good.

Ravingmad
04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
I saw a girl go down like a ragdoll in front of the merch stand. Last I saw they had an oxygen mask on her and were loading her onto a stretcher. Scary.

billtino
04-20-2011, 08:15 PM

Not enough.

This is what scares me away from the main stage during much of the day time. But this year I made better use of the Do Lab with constant visits.

EkriirkE
04-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Sunday our camp neighbors hopped into our A/Cd van and played the 5-second game with me, chugging vodka mixes... several times. I didn't necessarily pass out, but was suuuuper tired midday and had to go find a place to lay down and pass out

lolswaglol
04-20-2011, 09:33 PM
I saw at least 5 people pass out in front of me at shows during the day. The first was at black joe lewis, the girl was right in front of me and scared the shit out of my girlfriend (her first coachella). Anybody else see this happen often?

Was she right on the front rail almost and near the middle of the stage? I saw some commotion up there and saw a girl getting dragged out. It looked like she pissed herself or something too.

frizzlefry
04-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I really thought I was going to pass out during gogol for a minute. my buddy saved my ass by bringing a 2 liter bottle of water to share. They really need high-energy shows like gogol to be in a tent or at night

Yeah I constantly drank water throughout that day and just took it easy before that show. I was still drinking a little bit and had a buzz when I got in that pit. By the time there were done I was completely sober and dehydrated, had to rest some more unfortunately.

tyles
04-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Someone behind and to the right of us at the start of Yelle's set passed out, quickly recovered, but then was walked out by a friend. Kinda scary, but I guess it worked out. I still think it wasn't that hot this weekend as opposed to my first Coachella in 2007 that was something like 107 degrees the first day.

thenoiboi
04-21-2011, 01:18 AM

this, kind of...

Not enough.

but also, too much can be a bad thing, if you're not managing your food intake properly. too much water can be just as bad if your electrolytes go all out of whack.

hydr1
04-21-2011, 07:36 AM
That's why you bang a gatorade for every five waters.

djbionik
04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
I just want to say thanks to the strangers that helped these people to safety. I saw strangers help out passed out people on the ground a couple times as I was walking by. I should have helped too, but I always get that role and passed this time. Glad to see there are others who are helpful too. Kudos.

aphrael
04-21-2011, 09:27 AM
I just want to say thanks to the strangers that helped these people to safety. I saw strangers help out passed out people on the ground a couple times as I was walking by. I should have helped too, but I always get that role and passed this time. Glad to see there are others who are helpful too. Kudos.

Seems like just basic concert etiquette to me: take care of the sick and injured first. :)

Sigur Ros Stache
04-21-2011, 09:29 AM
right before TDCC I was talking to some guy and he was explaining to his friend what TDCC was and we were getting excited then his friend fell into (what seemed like a K hole) and he had to basically carry his friend out of the tent. I felt bad for him but also happy that he looked after his buddy.

brematale111
04-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Was she right on the front rail almost and near the middle of the stage? I saw some commotion up there and saw a girl getting dragged out. It looked like she pissed herself or something too.

not quite, no, we were probably 10 rows of people from the rail and she was able to walk out with some help

PenisMuncher
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Saw a girl pass out during Jack's Mannequin. She pushed her way towards the front and then after about three or four minutes toppled over and her friends had to drag her out.

electrocute
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Ugh, I got really scared for a second I was going to faint during Gayngs. It had nothing to do with the heat or crowdsize, obviously, since it was after midnight in the mostly-empty Gobi tent. I had been kind of getting a bloody nose (NOT from putting things up there!) earlier and suddenly started feeling super dizzy and light-headed, vision going blurry, etc. All I had done that day was toke and drink 1 beer a few hours before. So it had to be just from pure exhaustion I guess. But it was so bad for a second I got super scared like, "OMG. Am I going to be one of THOSE people right now?!?!" Thankfully I just laid down for awhile and felt a whole lot better. Phew. Water and rest are your friends, people.

PrettyRagdoll
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I almost passed out and had to be taken to the emergency room after Gogol, but for me it wasn't lack of fluids. I'd been drinking powerade and water all day, I simply had an asthma attack. Was in the hospital for 2 & half hours before my breathing stabalized

hydr1
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Sucks man^

emllik
04-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Ugh, I got really scared for a second I was going to faint during Gayngs. It had nothing to do with the heat or crowdsize, obviously, since it was after midnight in the mostly-empty Gobi tent. I had been kind of getting a bloody nose (NOT from putting things up there!) earlier and suddenly started feeling super dizzy and light-headed, vision going blurry, etc. All I had done that day was toke and drink 1 beer a few hours before. So it had to be just from pure exhaustion I guess. But it was so bad for a second I got super scared like, "OMG. Am I going to be one of THOSE people right now?!?!" Thankfully I just laid down for awhile and felt a whole lot better. Phew. Water and rest are your friends, people.

This way of thinking ALWAYS saves me from a downer. I'm mostly always hydrated, and fed, so passing out is due to my own lack of concern for sleep. I ended up napping during the entirey of Jimmy Eat World (which was the only way to be at their show, in my opinion), which gave me enough energy to get through PJ Harvey with a clear head, and some of Kanye (blech) before realizing it was time to go lay down. Got to the tent, took a single drink of beer, and immediately passed out. Good stuff. I'd likely have passed out if I'd gotten within one hundred yards of Gogol. Their music seriously sounds even worse live than it does on youtube. I can't believe people support this band. Leave the wannabe Daniel Day Lewis' of the world to beat off in their own mustached misery. Don't bring yourself to their show if you know you're allergic to poor taste in music, or get asthma attacks (yes, I'm sure I'll catch hell for being one of three people on the boards who doesn't like Gogol, and doesn't care to hide it).

hydr1
04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Its gypsy punk rock dude.....what do u expect. And im sure people fell that jiimmy eat world ....well jimmy can eat dick...cause they sucks mushroom tip buddy.

Btw...didn't plan on seeing either..but if I had to choose I would be wearing a purple shirt and kicking some fragile pussy like you in the pants

emllik
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Its gypsy punk rock dude.....what do u expect. And im sure people fell that jiimmy eat world ....well jimmy can eat dick...cause they sucks mushroom tip buddy.

Btw...didn't plan on seeing either..but if I had to choose I would be wearing a purple shirt and kicking some fragile pussy like you in the pants

You totally missed where I was insulting Jimmy Eat World by sleeping through their entire set instead of paying the least bit of attention? At least I heard that "Gypsy" rock from afar, and made a good judgement call (being to see/do anything else). In fact.... I wore a purple shirt that day (my 80s/90s edition Palm Springs Harley shirt). That you take offense shows a lot about how insecure you are. Keep threatening to pants and suck every guy who doesn't like the music you listen to (you may not have typed "pants and suck you," but your intentions came through, Mollyman The E-Tard), but the band sucks more dick than you can tongue-punch in a week, kitster. They're as much Gypsys as CCR was cajun. Reminds me of a Dead Milkmen song... You'll dance to anything.

Hayleymoo
04-22-2011, 10:52 PM
saw a guy totally passed out in the middle of the crowded tent durring 2 door cinema.. that stage was packed im surprised he wasnt getting stepped on.
also saw a guy pass out straight on his back durring mumford and sons and yell for water and then walk away

ElBlueblazer
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
This poor guy passed out in the sun. I was going to wake him up but some girl beat me to it.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/kevinblaze/chella11312.jpg

Strange
04-23-2011, 05:58 PM
This poor guy passed out in the sun. I was going to wake him up but some girl beat me to it.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/kevinblaze/chella11312.jpg

Ouch! He woulda been so crispy when he woke up. High Five for being a nice guy and helping (even if you got beat to it you thought of it).

Suffacated
04-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Brokendoll passed out, internet spent...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/Coach%202011/sun.jpg

yeahfontaine
04-24-2011, 04:49 PM
My husband and I had synchronized "oh shit I'm goin' down" moments right before The Strokes. Had a great spot up front, too, goddammit. We were having a great music conversation with this guy from Milwaukee when I started seeing black spots in front of my eyes and he started pouring freezing cold sweat.

It was really scary and not too fun to fight our way out of the crowd when we were in such bad shape but once we sat down on the grass and drank water, we gradually felt better. Had to enjoy the set sitting/lying down but we could still see the left big screen so it was alright. Think we didn't match our liquor intake with enough water that day.

TheMadeleine
04-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I've had fainting spells my entire life so I have to be extra extra careful at an event like Coachella. It's not just about staying hydrated; it's a good idea to make sure you have extra sugar in your blood--fruit juices, oranges, pineapples, mangos, etc are great to raise blood sugar. I can't stand up in the heat for long periods of time--I have to find a place in the shade to sit until after 5 or 6p (I'm also prone to sunburns so this is twofold important), and for those of you who insist on not abandoning that excellent place in the crowd, be careful not to lock your knees! Concussions due to fainting are no joke, and in general it's a pretty scary feeling. Pace yourselves and listen to your bodies.

hydr1
04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
You totally missed where I was insulting Jimmy Eat World by sleeping through their entire set instead of paying the least bit of attention? At least I heard that "Gypsy" rock from afar, and made a good judgement call (being to see/do anything else). In fact.... I wore a purple shirt that day (my 80s/90s edition Palm Springs Harley shirt). That you take offense shows a lot about how insecure you are. Keep threatening to pants and suck every guy who doesn't like the music you listen to (you may not have typed "pants and suck you," but your intentions came through, Mollyman The E-Tard), but the band sucks more dick than you can tongue-punch in a week, kitster. They're as much Gypsys as CCR was cajun. Reminds me of a Dead Milkmen song... You'll dance to anything.

I didn't watch either band, or type about pantsing anyone.....and even tho I did type plenty about molly...
I never took any at coachella fuckstick....so stfu about what you don't know and don't expect everyone to assume your making a joke.

Passing out at coachella is for chumps. You've made it clear your a chump. End rant?/

Alwaysbaked
04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Someone passing out at Gogol.
http://youtu.be/k2p9CbYcSW0

M.Romo
04-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Vodka tonics kept me hydrated.

alcoholicgifts
04-25-2011, 01:43 PM
DFA 1979's set looked like a factory with all the people being carried out. I'd say it was a good half and half ratio of crowd surfers to those who had just passed the fuck out.

ElBlueblazer
04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/kevinblaze/197277_1627076598326_1278884061_31314356_4920134_n .jpg

Coach Bombay
04-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I saw a really random one:
It was young-looking black girl, 16 - 18 maybe. She loaded up a chillum right when Wiz came on, smoked it with her little girl friend, and about 5 min after they were done smoking she slowly lowers her self to ground, lays down, and begins to just SCREAM.

As she was screaming, she started to like, touch "herself" kind of... it was really fucking weird and everyone around was just looking at her and her friend like "wtf?" Her friend lifts her back up, says something to her, and gives her a bottle of water.

At this point she seems cool and collected, taking a few sips of the water, but then about another 5 minutes later, shes back on the ground, eyes closed and OUT. Her friend and others around try and get her up but couldn't do it. I believe a staff member or someone saw it from behind and helped carry her out of the crowd.

Im thinkin she just got BLAZED and was a tad bit dehydrated.

brematale111
04-26-2011, 03:59 PM
hahaha who loses their cool like that just from weed? it either had to be laced with something or she was a noob smoking the most potent shit on the planet

Geno_g
04-26-2011, 04:04 PM
This guy was passed out on Saturday around 6:25PM right outside the Sahara, when I went to go to the Mojave to see One Day as a Lion, I asked if he was ok and needed anything. He said everything was fine but he looked sky high off something...
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/genone-gdp/Coachella%202011/100_3851.jpg

icedKeg
04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I saw a really random one:
It was young-looking black girl, 16 - 18 maybe. She loaded up a chillum right when Wiz came on, smoked it with her little girl friend, and about 5 min after they were done smoking she slowly lowers her self to ground, lays down, and begins to just SCREAM.

As she was screaming, she started to like, touch "herself" kind of... it was really fucking weird and everyone around was just looking at her and her friend like "wtf?" Her friend lifts her back up, says something to her, and gives her a bottle of water.

At this point she seems cool and collected, taking a few sips of the water, but then about another 5 minutes later, shes back on the ground, eyes closed and OUT. Her friend and others around try and get her up but couldn't do it. I believe a staff member or someone saw it from behind and helped carry her out of the crowd.

Im thinkin she just got BLAZED and was a tad bit dehydrated.

Salvia?

TheRotten42
04-26-2011, 09:25 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/worshipsaytin/207601_10100477761982976_2512697_60701399_3211056_ n.jpg

Coach Bombay
04-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Salvia?

lol. Damn, I didn't even think about salvia...

But now that I do, that's almost exactly how I would describe her; losing it from salvia. But... no one would... honestly... salvia?

She still went out cold though, so whatever it is, weed or salvia, it couldn't have been the only cause.

algunz
04-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Water was not nearly as easy to acquire this year.

brematale111
04-26-2011, 10:11 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/worshipsaytin/207601_10100477761982976_2512697_60701399_3211056_ n.jpg

These people are sleeping, or just chillin' it. Pictures of sleeping people is not the point of this thread

ZeeVee22
04-26-2011, 11:06 PM
It's all about knowing your limits. I averaged 3 hours of sleep a night starting on Thursday night in lot 8. A few beers/water/coconut water in the morning then water all day until opening my mind around 7/7:30 every night. I also had a flask of tequila on me everyday to keep a mellow buzz and add to other substances in my body. Yea I would get tired but never missed a set and I never sat down during a set. I Gave so much water away to all the kids who think they can rage all day and night without hydrating. I'm all for people going as hard as they can at coachella but they just need to know to hydrate throughout the day....

TheRotten42
04-27-2011, 05:54 AM
These people are sleeping, or just chillin' it. Pictures of sleeping people is not the point of this thread

And what about the fat dude curled up with his head on a makeshift pillow? Most people don't pass out and make those.

ElBlueblazer
04-27-2011, 08:03 AM
yeah, he was taking a nap.

brematale111
04-27-2011, 09:19 AM
And what about the fat dude curled up with his head on a makeshift pillow? Most people don't pass out and make those.

I just felt like singleing you out

TheRotten42
04-27-2011, 09:41 AM
I just felt like singleing you out

http://www.crosbysucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/retard_prize.jpg

You may want to check you spelling too.

brematale111
04-27-2011, 09:44 AM
:laughyou

ods..
04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
This guy was passed out on Saturday around 6:25PM right outside the Sahara, when I went to go to the Mojave to see One Day as a Lion, I asked if he was ok and needed anything. He said everything was fine but he looked sky high off something...
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/genone-gdp/Coachella%202011/100_3851.jpg

lol geno... i think i saw that dude too. 6:25 was laidback luke and i was sitting outside the sahara. totally saw that dude tripping the fuck out

Wonderbot
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
There was this one dude in between Mojavi and Gobi with a hat on his face, and a plate on top of his hat in which he wrote:

"Hello, my name is George. I'm fine, I'm just sleeping. Please feel free to take pictures"

I didn't have my camera so I didn't...

bartelby
04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
TOO MUCH LEMONADE

TheMadeleine
04-27-2011, 03:08 PM
http://www.crosbysucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/retard_prize.jpg

You may want to check you spelling too.

check you spelling?

TheRotten42
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
I need to check mine to apparently.

citizenerased
04-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I need to check mine to apparently.
oh man

Bomboclat
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Lol too fucking good ^

TheRotten42
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
to, too, two. Fuck it, Im done. I feel like I took english lessons from Lotus.

ambient sounds
04-27-2011, 05:52 PM
When i first entered the Festival on Friday i overheard a medic saying the medical tents were full and it was barely 2pm. I was camped out at the Outdoor stage for like 3 acts on Friday and i saw 4 people go over the rail because they were on the verge of fainting or they had just finished fainting.
The only time i came close to passing out was at DFA. I went too crazy at the beginning.and had left my water bottle with my girlfriend. I started bumming swigs of water off of people every other song because i was starting to feel woozy. I was kinda mad that two people with huge jugs of water didn't let me take a swig. One person told me that i didn't want what was in the water(they might have been right)and the other person just simply said no. I know its my fault for having water but come on I'm drenched with sweat and I'm sure you could tell i was exhausted, help a person out.

frizzlefry
04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
You know you wanted to be dosed for the rest of Sunday

DarkOnFire
04-27-2011, 07:38 PM
I know its my fault for having water but come on I'm drenched with sweat and I'm sure you could tell i was exhausted, help a person out.

I gave away whatever water I had, so I don't understand why people wouldn't want to share what they could spare. I wouldn't want the people around me passing out on account of my selfishness. The gratitude and good vibes I got from the folks around me whom I shared water with definitely enhanced my Coachella experience!

fetuspiniata
04-27-2011, 08:01 PM
I gave away whatever water I had, so I don't understand why people wouldn't want to share what they could spare. I wouldn't want the people around me passing out on account of my selfishness. The gratitude and good vibes I got from the folks around me whom I shared water with definitely enhanced my Coachella experience!

I always bring two water bottles into crowds with me just to make single serving friends with all the thirsty folks!

TonyPerkis
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
I didn't see anything like this but on the shuttle ride home Saturday night I met a girl who said a friend of hers started having seizures during Steve Angello. Sounded pretty crazy but I guess the dude was alright, anyone see that?

fpsphil
04-30-2011, 10:01 PM
During laidback luke i thought i was going to pass out so i went and sat down and took it easy till pvd started. Sunday tho i was prepared and brought 4 water bottles with me to the rail for Duck Sauce and BBR

Strike III
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah I think the worst would be passing out near the front of the main stage. Having to be crowd surfed to the front would be no fun. I got a little light headed waiting for Arcade Fire cuz dumb people tried to push to the front.