PDA

View Full Version : Kanye killed my roll!

Monko760
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
I was half way excited, I thought there was going to be something more than just Kanye and a fucking apple computer? I was rolling good, coming off Bloody Beetroots, remembering the good hip hop from Damian and Nas earlier. What happend? Kanye just rapped for an hour, then he tried to sing in act 3, OUCH my ears hurt when he tried to go all soulful on us.

1. His voice sucked

2. His lyrics are self centered but some have good flow.

3. No live band

4. No guests

5. SHITTY fireworks and lightshow

6. I could go on but do I really need to?

I would like to hear from people who ARE NOT Kanye fans, and hear their opinion. Am I just being a hater or did he suck?

citizenerased
04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
There's a thread about Kanye sucking, wtf man...

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:03 AM
There's a thread about Kanye sucking, wtf man...

Not about killing your roll though, and this thread is ONLY for NON-Kanye fans. This thread is exclusive!

I was rolling flat on my back during the second half of Kanye, he just couldn't keep me on my feet. Unlike Nas and Damian who I wasn't rolling for.

greenbored
04-19-2011, 09:05 AM
um should've gone to the presets dood

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:08 AM
um should've gone to the presets dood

GF wanted to watch Kanye, I was so happy with seeing the Beetroots DETSTROY I didn't care. I was actually half looking forward to his set. Only to be let down HUGE! The music sounded like a studio production on loud not a concert.

sonicc
04-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Stick to EDC you little e-tard.

baily
04-19-2011, 09:09 AM
We went to Kanye not sure what we'd see.
We left after 4 songs...just not my thing.

More people were at Black Keys and tons more at Strokes.

Shows the crowd still prefers rock to rap.

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 09:10 AM
I was half way excited, I thought there was going to be something more than just Kanye and a fucking apple computer? I was rolling good, coming off Bloody Beetroots, remembering the good hip hop from Damian and Nas earlier. What happend? Kanye just rapped for an hour, then he tried to sing in act 3, OUCH my ears hurt when he tried to go all soulful on us.

1. His voice sucked

2. His lyrics are self centered but some have good flow.

3. No live band

4. No guests

5. SHITTY fireworks and lightshow

6. I could go on but do I really need to?

I would like to hear from people who ARE NOT Kanye fans, and hear their opinion. Am I just being a hater or did he suck?

http://blog.timesunion.com/television/files/2011/03/your_opinion-300x298.jpg

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Stick to EDC you little e-tard.

You my sir, are a fucking genius. First time rolling since last coachella. I think my argument is a little above E-tard status. I havent been to EDC since it moved from San Bernadino. Go fuck yourself. Im sorry I know how to have a good time at coachella.

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:12 AM

Shows the crowd still prefers rock to rap.

I should have just bounced back to Axwell or checked out the presets. I guess the acid scared me into hanging with the crew.

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 09:12 AM

I was at all three shows and you're wrong. They all had about the same amount of people. Kanye's crowd was all the way towards the back of the beer garden.

sonicc
04-19-2011, 09:15 AM
You my sir, are a fucking genius. First time rolling since last coachella. I think my argument is a little above E-tard status. I havent been to EDC since it moved from San Bernadino. Go fuck yourself. Im sorry I know how to have a good time at coachella.

I can already tell your brain is frying.

citizenerased
04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
"I'm sorry I know how to have a good time at Coachella" is the exact opposite of this thread.

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:20 AM
"I'm sorry I know how to have a good time at Coachella" is the exact opposite of this thread.

I had a good time candyflipping and dancing/rocking my ass off at the Beetroots! GTFO

sonicc
04-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I had a good time rolling and dancing/rocking my ass off at the Beetroots! GTFO

You actually saw a LIVE set of the Beetroots? Wow, you were desperate to be rolling.

How was Skrillex btw? :rotfl

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:22 AM
I can already tell your brain is frying.

mmmmm I can already tell you have shitty taste in music if you are fucking defending Kanyes set. It was mediocre at best! Please I am asking you o great genius school me on why Kanye was SOOOO awesome.

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:23 AM
You actually saw a LIVE set of the Beetroots? Wow, you were desperate to be rolling.

How was Skrillex btw? :rotfl

Korn was tight, the rest of that shit was garbage! Trentemoller destroyed everyone so yea I have much better taste in music than you and your shitty Kanye. Once again when you go with friends / GF you have to watch some shitty acts.

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Korn was tight, the rest of that shit was garbage! Trentmoller destroyed everyone so yea I have much better taste in music than you and your shitty Kanye.

That fact you call Korn "tight" and Kanye "shitty" totally invalidates your opinion.

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:26 AM
That fact you call Korn "tight" and Kanye "shitty" totally invalidates your opinion.

Atleast Korn knows how to play instruments. Kanye had a fucking apple computer up there. SOOOO FUN!

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Atleast Korn knows how to play instruments. Kanye had a fucking apple computer up there. SOOOO FUN!

How much acid did you take??

obzen
04-19-2011, 09:28 AM
ha!

sonicc
04-19-2011, 09:29 AM
mmmmm I can already tell you have shitty taste in music if you are fucking defending Kanyes set. It was mediocre at best! Please I am asking you o great genius school me on why Kanye was SOOOO awesome.

Excellent intro, fireworks, sang all of his hits, brought Pusha T & Justin Vernon, great speech and flawless choreography by the dancers. The guy was throwing his heart at the crowd and anyone watching his set (with appreciation) could feel it. And finally he ended the performance with class by bringing out everyone who performed with him to get the recognition they deserved.

Pure quality from Mr. West.

thenoiboi
04-19-2011, 09:30 AM

:lollerskates

Monko760
04-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Dude I was rolling and trying to have a good time, Im not a fan but I was TRYING to be receptive and dance and have fun and KANYE put me flat on my back. Sorry his voice is as bad as mine, and his music had NO depth because it was JUST his productions playing from a computer. When he played HARDER the mix he played had less Daft Punk samples then normal, REALLY??? I repeat Kanye was mediocre at best!

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
ZOMG HE TOOK THE DAFT PUNK ELEMENT AWAY!!!! OH NOOOOOOEZ!!!!!!!!

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
his music had NO depth because it was JUST his productions playing from a computer.

false

nathanfairchild
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
it's too bad you didn't OD

thewoodenman
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Drug induced or sober, the presets blew kanye out of the water and that is a s scientific fucking fact.

sonicc
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Dude I was rolling and trying to have a good time, Im not a fan but I was TRYING to be receptive and dance and have fun and KANYE put me flat on my back. Sorry his voice is as bad as mine, and his music had NO depth because it was JUST his productions playing from a computer. When he played HARDER the mix he played had less Daft Punk samples then normal, REALLY??? I repeat Kanye was mediocre at best!

Then quit being a whipped little bitch and go to Coachella by yourself from now on. You should re-name this thread to "My abusive girlfriend killed my roll!"

And it's STRONGER, not harder and it sounded just fine. I'm telling ya, lay off the E.

nathanfairchild
04-19-2011, 09:43 AM
further proof that anyone with monk in their name is fucking retard.

that fact that you enjoyed the shittastic performance of korn is proof that you should either kill yourself or just leave

WhatLies
04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
kanye is a pretentious douche. The OP of this thread is just a douche

jokerfit
04-19-2011, 10:55 AM
1. His voice sucked

I can understand your hatred for fireworks and the inability to enjoy a show without special guests (the strokes brought out no special guests and thats why i hated their set), but his voice? Are you fucking kidding? I thought that might be the most impressive part of his show. I mean he sang for two hours while dust particles were being thrown up from the movement of the crowd and he barely missed a lyric during the entire show.

guedita
04-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Are you sure the shitty pill you bought isn't what killed your roll.

bluemamba
04-19-2011, 10:59 AM
The thread title made me lol

nathanfairchild
04-19-2011, 11:05 AM
I can understand your hatred for fireworks and the inability to enjoy a show without special guests (the strokes brought out no special guests and thats why i hated their set), but his voice? Are you fucking kidding? I thought that might be the most impressive part of his show. I mean he sang for two hours while dust particles were being thrown up from the movement of the crowd and he barely missed a lyric during the entire show.

who exactly would the strokes have brought out? and watch out for that dust, it'll get ya.

jokerfit
04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
who exactly would the strokes have brought out? and watch out for that dust, it'll get ya.

DAFT PUNK!!!!!!

holland_5150
04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
here here.....

Monko760
04-19-2011, 01:27 PM
further proof that anyone with monk in their name is fucking retard.

that fact that you enjoyed the shittastic performance of korn is proof that you should either kill yourself or just leave

It was the only cool part of skrillex garbage set, I was waiting for A-trak who fucking destroyed the sahara. Make fun of me if you wish, but I had a great coachella and anyone who enjoys good music knows Kanye was MEDIOCRE at best. He didnt even try to interact with the crowd. Just his songs.

GuyinTucson what else besides his lame ass beatmachine did he have that added DEPTH to the music? I saw a laptop and a turntable.

Guedita you are also a dumb bitch the pills were bomb, not twacked out like it seems you would like! Gotta go all out for day 3!

Its not the lyrics that were bad. His rapping is good, I enjoyed Power, I will admit. It was in part 3 when he tried to get all emotional and sing some soulful notes. It was quite halarious.

Yea Sonic it is STRONGER and the ORIGINAL CUT had ALOT more daft punk samples than the track he played at coachella. Why cut out half the samples? my personal opinion is that he is a pretentious self centered douche. Why do you think he did that?

GuyInTucson
04-19-2011, 01:31 PM
who is atrac?

That name strikingly similar to A-Trak.

Monko760
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
who is atrac?

That name strikingly similar to A-Trak.

excuse me! not a big fan but he did destroy the sahara.

concertgoer
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
LOL at someone rolling at a Kanye set

guedita
04-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Twack Twack

Monko760
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=25741
and
http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=25258

no twack =) what about you? Im bummed I couldn't find my girl molly.

concertgoer
04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I totally agree
This is a terrible thread

hydr1
04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Man...I wasn't too stoked on kanyes set eiither..loved the start...I just got sick of the speach shit.

But as far as talent....you should play korn and skrillex at the same time and eat ten beans and slit your wrists in a cold bath tub. Korn and skrillex both fucking suck. Skrillex played a bunch of club type tracks and his set was whacker than kanyes for sure. I danced at both and enjoyed both though....and anyone rolling....that opinion doesn't count...clucking like a chicken and playing with lights is gheyboy status.

hydr1
04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=25741
and
http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=25258

no twack =) what about you? Im bummed I couldn't find my girl molly.

People were. GIVING me and my group molly...I said no more than I asked if I could have a drink of water. EVEN AFTER I SAID.."we have an ounce and a half of molly.....they insisted I try thiers.....which I didn't do...who would fuck up the best fry trip of their life with another drug....food and acid is all I need

I agree with you about Atrak.....no one scratched, used real decks or dropped shit like this dude....I put him in my group of wax master festival guys like ztripp, shadow, logic ect.
Anyone spinning rage or red hots had me ready to kill.

Monko760
04-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Man...I wasn't too stoked on kanyes set eiither..loved the start...I just got sick of the speach shit.

But as far as talent....you should play korn and skrillex at the same time and eat ten beans and slit your wrists in a cold bath tub. Korn and skrillex both fucking suck. Skrillex played a bunch of club type tracks and his set was whacker than kanyes for sure. I danced at both and enjoyed both though....and anyone rolling....that opinion doesn't count...clucking like a chicken and playing with lights is gheyboy status.

I agree skrillex sucked, all I said was it was cool that Korn or 1/2 korn came out. Also Korn>Kanye just an opinion based on the performance that put me to sleep.

guedita
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
After this traumatizing experience, will you ever be able to roll again?

Monko760
04-19-2011, 01:50 PM
After this traumatizing experience, will you ever be able to roll again?

Should have just ran back to axwell =(

Monko760
04-19-2011, 01:50 PM
and lol at lip syncing
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/blenderburner/4491/kanye-west-caught-lip-synching

concertgoer
04-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Kanye didn't lip synch at Coachella
All of the Kanye hate is silly

Monko760
04-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Kanye didn't lip synch at Coachella
All of the Kanye hate is silly

not saying he did, it looked like he sang, and his voice was so bad at the end I really believed he was singing.