PDA

View Full Version : Chromeo: A lot better than you expected?

edbangme
04-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Went into this with pretty low expectations and it ended up being one of my favorite sets of the weekend. Not really a big fan of theirs but it was one of the best dance parties all weekend. Awesome :)

arthurbang
04-19-2011, 12:03 AM
As a fan, I knew what to expect... This was the third time my wife and I have seen them. But, because of seeing them before, we really didn't plan on catching much of their set. However once it started, it was such a dance party, we only left for a few minutes to catch some of Phantogram and then came back. It was a great way to end the weekend.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Caught the last couple of songs waiting for P J. I knew nothing about them, but I liked what I heard.

fiopadp7791
04-19-2011, 05:51 AM
I thought they got off to a slow start and had mic issues... but once they got warmed up... about song 3... they were the same old Chromeo :)

Memorial_07
04-19-2011, 06:00 AM
When I walked by the Outdoor Theatre after Lightning Bolt, I could hear him and god damn! It sounded like a party over there. I was really enjoying it. And I'm the person who never dances but it just made me want to go over there and start groovin' on it.

Monklish2.0
04-19-2011, 07:46 AM
great vibes and lots of dancing and energy, even for an end of the weekend sunday night set.

glad i caught them after a bit of ratatat.

TheRotten42
04-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Chromeo had the Dance party going.

meyouseek
04-19-2011, 08:06 AM
The Ratatat/Chromeo conflict pissed me off until Sunday evening rolled around and all I wanted to do was do some happy dancing.

Thanks Chromeo. You really hit the spot.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-19-2011, 09:33 AM
I had no expectations going into this and was just there to get a good spot for PJ Harvey. But boy was it a lot of fun. I was an instant fan after the 1st track.

PassiveTheory
04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I am so fucking glad they ran late, but I'm really sad that I missed their set. =/

travelfan
04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
In terms of sheer fun this was by far a highlight for me. I don't know if I've ever had that much fun at a set before. Granted I'm a fan, but my friends who didn't know the material still had a blast and were rocking out. Everybody around us was in a great mood and the energy was ridiculously high.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I like Chromeo, but I was totally shocked by how much fun this set was. It was great.

BeeII
04-19-2011, 04:08 PM
I was torn between Ratatat/Chromeo. My friends went to the former, I decided on the latter, I did not regret it, it was a great set and a fucking dance party. the whole vibe and crowd was fantastic! So friendly and everyone having soo much fun.

Tjzoo
04-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Yepp Agreed, Chromeo was a feel good dance party, everybody grooved to the music and they play awesome live

BeeII
04-19-2011, 04:19 PM
I met a dude from Toronto, who so surprised how popular they were (he said "I don't think they're even this big in Canada") who was there with 2 cute English ladies dancing their ass off there.

I also met a couple that lived "across the street" and he wanted to take a picture with my sweaty fedora.

Gribbz
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
I've never really listened to them, but I was very surprised at how good they were.
Bonafied Lovin is the jam.

NachoCat
04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Chromeo absolutly killed it i thought. DANCE PARTY

digitaldragon03
04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Chromeo was a huge disappointment in 2008, but they were awesome this year. That crowd was constantly moving.

Lynn163
04-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Chromeo was SO much fun! I didn't expect to catch this set at all, but was very happy I did! Best dance party!

Pixiessp
04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I just went to their set because I was determined to get a nice spot for PJ Harvey. I was pleasantly surprised and entertained.

loopy
04-19-2011, 07:05 PM
dance party is right! never seen a crowd that huge all dancing at once, all the way back to the tent. they were great, I loved it.

Fig Neutron
04-19-2011, 07:33 PM
My plan was to head over to Strokes once they started, but ended up staying for all of Chromeo. My legs were almost shot for the weekend, but I danced for what I could. The crowd went way back for them, too.

thombjork
04-19-2011, 08:13 PM
damn... i dug the strokes but i wasn't blown away. i should have went to chromeo...bummerz

seitron
04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
In between songs at the Strokes I kept looking over and couldn't help thinking how fucking banging the outdoor was. It looked insane from afar, I can only imagine it was great up close.

electrocute
04-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I was soooo fucking tired after DFA79 and Duck Sauce I was seriously gonna die, so I had to sit and rest for a little while during Chromeo. I felt horrible about it because I'm a big fan of the band (seen them about 5 times before, ha) and they were putting on their usual fantastic show, and everyone I could see was dancing and getting mad funky. It was awesome. After a little while of sitting and resting, I regained enough strength to dance for "Night By Night" and "Needy Girl". Also it was pretty fun when Ezra Koenig came out and sax'd it up! Not a big VampWeekend fan but Coachella guests are always a good time.

I'm still bummed about the Ratatat conflict. I think Chromeo should have been in Mojave and Ratatat on Outdoor. The transit shoving from Duck Sauce heading to Chromeo/Ratatat/Strokes was the worst of the entire weekend and made it impossible to really enjoy Ratatat.

arthurbang
04-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Yeah, it was a great dance party. I saw them in the Sahara in 2008 but I remember it being so packed in there that you couldn't even move, let alone dance. Having it at the outdoor stage was wonderful, and as someone else said, there were people dancing all the way back to the Gobi tent.

A-Ron
04-20-2011, 08:25 AM
For a Sunday night when I'm usually drained of dancing energy, they kept em moving the whole set I saw.

laurtie
04-20-2011, 08:41 AM
So bummed I had to miss them. They killed it at Lollapalooza last year.

taylorf
04-20-2011, 04:29 PM
SO amazing! I was front and center barricade and had the time of my life
I danced my ass off the entire time, even with an injured toe

CoachellaVet01
04-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Chromeo was a huge disappointment in 2008, but they were awesome this year. That crowd was constantly moving.

Um...were you even there in 08?..They were amazing, right before Justice. One of the best Sunday finishes @ the Sahara ever in my opinion.

-Coachella 01-11

djbionik
04-21-2011, 09:27 AM
big highlight of my weekend for sure. Wasn't planning on seeing too much of it because I've seen them a few times, but can never resist the dance party! a couple of times I looked around and EVERYONE was dancing their asses off. And the kind of crowd with space between to really get down. THIS is why I love music.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
04-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I like Chromeo, but hadn't seen them live, they really brought it. Seriously fun set that kept me dancing even as I headed over for the Strokes. Fun, and their light show was fab too.