PDA

View Full Version : Scissor Sisters was a ridiculous party!

CrimesceneCookie
04-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Blasphemy to most I know, but I left Arcade Fire after a few songs to see the full set of the Scissor Sisters.
They opened with "Night Work" and unfurled gigantic silver inflatable arms that stretched out 100 feet into the crowd. People were going absolutely bananas, especially during "Take Your Mama Out" and "Don't Feel Like Dancing".
It was nice to see young, old, gay, straight, men & women dancing together like it was the last few moments of their lives. I have seldom seen people getting so ridiculous at a show.

This set reminded me of why I love the Scissor Sisters so much. I hope they keep making great albums for years. One of the all time best Coachella night closers in history.

nathanfairchild
04-18-2011, 11:41 PM
i was sooooo pissed at this conflict!!!!! why couldn't they have been against Kanye. this was my biggest regret of the weekend by far.

DFrank
04-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Invisible Light was so good live. I'm glad i peaced out from Arcade Fire early for this.

sbessiso
04-19-2011, 08:09 AM
I was 3 people from the rail and Ana Matronic acknowledged my existence. We were all dancing so fast.

meyouseek
04-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Though the tent wasn't totally packed, the energy level was sky high and smiles were abundant. Fun times indeed.

greenbored
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
saw a couple songs of arcade fire, ran to scissor sisters to see the beginning through take yo mama and then headed back to arcade fire. it was tough to leave the mojave...so much fun dancing at that set.

dyltr0n3030
04-19-2011, 10:29 AM
I should've stopped by at least, I was having too much fun at Arcade Fire.
Did they play Filthy & Gorgeous?

venturas90sgirl
04-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I was 3 people from the rail and Ana Matronic acknowledged my existence. We were all dancing so fast.

I heard about that Salah. I'm so glad you guys had fun. I'm sad I missed it but I had a feeling that it would have been tough to party after the brilliance that was Suede.

concertgoer
04-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Sad that I missed this but Arcade Fire were amazing

nathanfairchild
04-19-2011, 10:37 AM
i'm just grateful i'll get to see their late night bonnaroo set. nothing's gonna keep me from that. all those hippies better be ready to dance.

Necie
04-19-2011, 10:40 AM
I chose Arcade Fire as my main set, but I left them in time to see Invisible Light and it was FUCKING AMAZING!!!

Still extremely upset about this conflict..I'm HOPING against hope that someone, somehow recorded this so that I can see what I missed!!!

meyouseek
04-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I should've stopped by at least, I was having too much fun at Arcade Fire.
Did they play Filthy & Gorgeous?

Yes they played Filthy Gorgeous and closed out with I Don't Feel Like Dancing.

travelfan
04-19-2011, 10:43 AM
This was the best surprise at Coachella. None of us were familiar with any of their stuff (besides Take Yo Mama), but one girl thought they'd be fun to see. We only caught the last two or three songs because we were at Arcade Fire (still furious we left before Wake Up though, those balloons sounded amazing) but it was a total party. Everybody was dancing and having fun, and for such a stereotypically "gay" band it was awesome to see so many different people just rocking out and having fun. Definitely highlighted how open-minded the Coachella crowd is.

Vic Viper
04-19-2011, 10:43 AM
i heard two songs by them drunk off my ass. seemed like a total dance party in that tent, good times.

DFrank
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM

The tranny with the boots on???

irthesteve
04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
It was the biggest dance party ever. Every single person was dancing, no exceptions. Arcade Fire can suck it

kvnty
04-19-2011, 10:56 AM
I was sick missing Arcade Fire, but did hear my favorite song "No Cars Go" before heading into Mojave, for the most raucous good time dancing my ass off all weekend. Thanks to the Sisters, and to one of the most energetic crowds of the weekend. And to my best friend Mike!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-19-2011, 10:56 AM
It was truly one of the best shows I have ever seen, Coachella or otherwise. i can't believe i've waited 10 years to see this damn band. Shame on me. And yes, i've been a fan since day one (i was really excited to hear a little bit of "Electrobix" thrown in there)

Riflesmile
04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
It was a big call for me to skip Arcade Fire for these guys but I am so glad I did - great times, great crowd, great music and LOTS of dancing. One of my highlights.

sbessiso
04-19-2011, 08:51 PM
The tranny with the boots on???

haha yes!!! I dont know why she said that...

I cant stop thinking about this set and how glorious it was. I actually teared up during two parts, first was near the beginning-ish and Ana was just hyping us up so much saying how amazing we all are and to be proud. It was just such an explosion of joy I couldnt contain myself. Second part was during Take Your Mama

kvnty
04-19-2011, 09:05 PM
haha yes!!! I dont know why she said that...

I cant stop thinking about this set and how glorious it was. I actually teared up during two parts, first was near the beginning-ish and Ana was just hyping us up so much saying how amazing we all are and to be proud. It was just such an explosion of joy I couldnt contain myself. Second part was during Take Your Mama

"Take Your Mama" greatest song performed at the festival. Definitely, the biggest, most heart-felt sing-along I heard anyway.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
04-19-2011, 10:34 PM
SS vs AF was the worst conflict for me all weekend, two bands I absolutely adore for very different reasons. I watched the first bit of AF, ran over as Nightwork ended kicked it for the rest of the set (FILTHY GORGEOUS was insane!) and then sprinted back to catch the last bit of AF.

They were both mother fucking brilliant.

I want to be AnaMatronic in another life.

EkriirkE
04-19-2011, 10:49 PM
I missed the end of AF for them, I always forget about Invisible Light. LOVED IT

Thisismyname
04-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Watched the webcast, looked great.

Hopefully the crowd is as awesome at Bonnaroo.

CrimesceneCookie
04-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I missed the end of AF for them, I always forget about Invisible Light. LOVED IT

^^ Were you wearing that light up shirt in your avatar? If so, WELL DONE.

EkriirkE
04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
^^ Were you wearing that light up shirt in your avatar? If so, WELL DONE.
Yes. Yes I was :)

oyeloca
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
0MnHWoZgmOo

sbessiso
04-20-2011, 08:06 PM
we were very close to each other :)

grichsgang
04-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Did they do Comfortably Numb?

CrimesceneCookie
04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Setlist:

Night Work
Any Which Way
Paul McCartney
Take Your Mama
Kiss You Off
Running Out
Fire With Fire
Comfortably Numb
Filthy/Gorgeous
I Don't Feel Like Dancing
Invisible Light

DFrank
04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
By the way, that disco ball hoodie was...OFF THE CHAIN. Damn that looked good.

grichsgang
04-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Setlist:

Night Work
Any Which Way
Paul McCartney
Take Your Mama
Kiss You Off
Running Out
Fire With Fire
Comfortably Numb
Filthy/Gorgeous
I Don't Feel Like Dancing
Invisible Light

That sounds like one hell of a set. Sorry I missed it but I was cooked by that time.

satori777
04-20-2011, 09:34 PM
They were awesome...until they played a disco version of Comfortably Numb. How can you sleep at night having sang/recorded that? Then I walked away pissed that I missed part of Arcade Fire.

The energy of the tent was great though. It was Big Gay Al's Big Gay Disco Tent for a while. The place did smell like amyl nitrate throughout. Fucking classic lol

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-20-2011, 09:51 PM
That cover of "Comfortably Numb" is from their first record. It was not a surprise to most people in the audience, and it's really fun. And I agree with DFrank, i was fucking flipping out when I saw that hoodie!

Tinseltown
04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
http://idolator.com/5826862/scissor-sisters-coachella-photos/scissor-sisters-coachella-2

I'm sure AF's set was amazing as always but nothing beats a midnight dance party by Scissor Sisters...in a tent...in the desert. It was so much fun!