PDA

View Full Version : Dear Suprefan and Scenestar: I'm here to tell you that you were wrong.

weeklymix
04-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Caifanes and the Mexicans did not sell out Coachella in 6 days. As the ticket map outlined in the "Camp" magazine and as I witnessed for Caifanes' full set, there was hardly anybody from Mexico there and hardly anybody from Mexico there specifically to see Caifanes.

It just needed to be said.

Cheers,
weeklymix

sonnyboy11
04-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Now you've done it!

knytt
04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Ruh-roh.

Neighborhood Creep
04-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Blame it on the whites that came to see Duck Sauce and Mumford and Sons

gaypalmsprings
04-18-2011, 10:26 PM
From USA Today:

Main mix-up: Chilean band Los Bunkers, scheduled to open the main stage on Sunday, was a no-show. That made London-born pop singer Eliza Doolittle, wearing a black-and-green headdress and matching green shorts, an early afternoon attention-grabber during her set in the Gobi tent.

nathanfairchild
04-18-2011, 10:30 PM
i danced with a girl from mexico all during the chemical brothers set. she was cool

PDXdev
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
I felt that Coachella was even whiter than last year, actually.

weeklymix
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Bump. Face the (Mexican) music and their small crowd that added nothing to the attendance this year. Admit you were terribly wrong so we can all move on.

The (Mexican) bit is a fucking pun, I'm not a racist. Just to clarify before some of you begin to QQ. This is just something that needed to be acknowledged post-festival.

captncrzy
04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Z-I can't wait for you to see what we did with your leftover Four Loko.

betao
04-19-2011, 09:50 AM
True story. The crowd for Caifanes was smaller than PiL's crowd last year.

weeklymix
04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Acknowledge your fallacies you whores.

gmoneyak
04-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Caifanes were good, but yes, the crowd was small.. The only real Mexican influence I saw in the audience were lined along the front railing. It did seem like a more caucasoid crowd this year.

I blame Kanye, Lil'B and OFWKTA, personally.

Pinche gueros.

wscmx13
04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Ive never seen so many cute, light skinned Hispanic girls in my life.

djoz187
04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
i did hear a lot more Spanish this year than in years past

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2011, 05:35 PM
i was interviewed by two incredibly drunk Mexican guys taping me with a point & shoot who claimed my interview would be broadcast on television in Mexico city. they kept arguing with each other, trying to feed me answers, smoked cigarettes the entire time, said "fuck" every other word during the interview, and fist pumped me about 30 times. it was hilarious.

frazzles
04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Ive never seen so many cute, light skinned Hispanic girls in my life.

Neither did I, because I saw few. Although I wasn't crowd creepin', either...

algunz
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
You got a great picture with one, frazz. :D

frazzles
04-21-2011, 05:53 PM
You count as one of the few, Gunz

algunz
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Representin'

I must say that Coachella is usually the first weekend that my skin sees the sun, so I'm usually super pale. My brown blood won't reveal itself until well in to May, and my white mother taught me to fear the sun.

Monko760
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I'll admit I was wrong in my jumping on the mexican hating bandwagon. Come on though who wouldn't jump on that band wagon?

nathanfairchild
04-21-2011, 06:03 PM
^stfu

IRSCOTT
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
^what he said

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I saw more artists wearing indian feathers than festival-goers this year. The one guy I saw with a colorful indian headdress looked like he felt toolish for it, too, and that was in the camping area, not the venue itself. Something special about self-realizations.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-21-2011, 06:11 PM
I saw several dozen festival goers wearing headdresses...you must have missed them. they all appeared to be obnoxious assholes too.

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I'll admit I was wrong in my jumping on the mexican hating bandwagon. Come on though who wouldn't jump on that band wagon?

I had my fingers crossed that people would clear out after Caifanes. I didn't feel that they had, but I still convinced myself that there were indeed less people on Saturday and Sunday. It just felt really empty at times, and I loved that =) I'd prefer hispanics from Mexico to gang members that live around the area I live in. I'm in no way saying that Mexican Americans, or their childuns, are generally THAT... but it was good to see that the skinhead hispanic gangmember types mostly chose to sit this year out (though I think I saw more presence of that this year than the prior two years combined, coincidentally.... it's just that it was never that bad this year, or the other two years). I'd love for the lesser element to have a set on Friday that they see, and depart after, while cool foreigners from everywhere else enjoy the scene for themselves the entire weekend. Mexicans weren't the negative element. It was the horse shit, and the lack of strong psychedelic drugs. Maybe that was just me, though ; D

TheScenestar
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Mexicans like Nosaj Thing too. They also thought Kings of Leon were "Los Reyes De Leon". Opps. Guanajuato REPRESENT! PS Why are just me and Supre on the thread title? I went to go visit you and Son of Hal Tuesday night at Son of Hal's place by the way and you weren't there. =(

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:17 PM
I saw several dozen festival goers wearing headdresses...you must have missed them. they all appeared to be obnoxious assholes too.

I'll admit that I was in a drunk/stoned/vic'd out trance for a majority of the weekend after about ten am, but Doolittle and Harvey were the only comfortable feather-wearers I saw this past weekend. I'm sure there were places in the campsite feeding feathers to the campers, but I think most people knew how retarded it made them appear.

suprefan
04-21-2011, 06:17 PM
He is calling out the Laker fans he despises, thats all.

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Mexicans like Nosaj Thing too. They also thought Kings of Leon were "Los Reyes De Leon". Opps. Guanajuato REPRESENT! PS Why are just me and Supre on the thread title? I went to go visit you and Son of Hal Tuesday night at Son of Hal's place by the way and you weren't there. =(

Haha at least you don't have to start your own named threads to get that shoutout.... (emllik in '11!)

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:19 PM
He is calling out the Laker fans he despises, thats all.

Did Kobe call him a ******?

TheScenestar
04-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Most of us we're still trying to get into Coachella via backpacks before Caifanes:

/v/xUERPt_ve1M?version=3

emllik
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM
I heard the Caifanes fans actually tunneled into the VIP section. All the way from TJ.