PDA

View Full Version : Cough Drops- contraband?

a3s1g1
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
I generally loved how security handled biz this year, except for one thing. Sunday, the guy checking my backpack asked if I had food. I didn't. I said no.

He took out my bag of Hall's cough drops and said I couldn't bring them in (this wasn't an issue friday and Saturday, when security didn't care).

I asked this punk "I can't bring Halls? But-" and he just threw the bag in the trash.

Wtf? Did he just not realize this wasn't candy? I had a nasty cold this weekend and silly me, I figured I would be able to use cough drops to soothe my aching throat.

Oh, and he didn't take away my Day Quil. So wtf again?

I know security guards tend to work with their own rules, but come on.

IggyMeows
04-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I brought in Ricola all weekend and all I got was a "Ricoooolllla" chuckle as they waved me right through. It may have been that it was in a bag and he was too lazy to empty it out to see if it had anything else in there, but throwing it out was a WTF considering he let you take your Day Quil in. I know outside food is not allowed, but you can't have a meal out of cough drops -_-

Bomboclat
04-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Ya I brought in cough drops and mentos ever day without any question. Scope the line before you jump in it, its not entirely uniform, how well you get searched depends on who searches you.

Basskitten85
04-19-2011, 10:30 AM
They said that batteries were contraband, and they wouldnt let me friend bring in sunscreen becasue of the packaging it came in...um....

a3s1g1
04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
yeah i figured it was a "luck of the draw" kind of thing, but it was just silly to arbitrarily think a bag of Halls is candy or whatever.

Reading is hard...

PrettyRagdoll
04-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I also brought in cough drops all weekend and the security guards I got never looked twice at them... Though the first security guard I encountered definitely made sure my chapstick wasn't a new and improved drug case...