PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77

iammrcandyman
04-18-2011, 02:44 PM
WOW SO INSANELY HEAVY! I figured I'd catch the last 30 minutes of their set after the strokes were done and I'm very glad I did. The live set up was great... and no Steve Aoki!

Also, did anyone notice what happened with one of the Beetroots at the end of the set? Did he get in a fight or something?

SuperFocus
04-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Rifo was so fucking pissed. They went on like 20 minutes late, and were cut off by the sound guys right as they went into we are from venice/domino. He jumped off stage in a fit of rage yelling at them to turn the sound back on.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-18-2011, 02:49 PM
These guys + Chase & Status were bombastic.

SuperFocus
04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
C & S made the best use of the sahara sound all weekend methinks.

Mikey Lion
04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
lol bloody beetroots... you noobs were missing one of the sickest EDM sets of all time put on by Leftfield in the Mojave...

SuperFocus
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Opinions. How do they work?

Tandemind
04-18-2011, 02:54 PM
lol bloody beetroots... you noobs were missing one of the sickest EDM sets of all time put on by Leftfield in the Mojave...

You don't know what you missed.

iammrcandyman
04-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Rifo was so fucking pissed. They went on like 20 minutes late, and were cut off by the sound guys right as they went into we are from venice/domino. He jumped off stage in a fit of rage yelling at them to turn the sound back on.

That explains it. Thanks for filling us in.

I need to see these guys perform again! I was not expecting that great of a show from them.

taylorf
04-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Loveee Bloody Beetroots! I caught the last 15 minutes or so because we were at The Strokes, but we've seen Bloody Beetroots before. They always put on a good show

deftonepuma
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
They switched up the setlist heavily from the last time they were playing as Death Crew in 2010. With Dennis Lyxzen coming out and performing again with them, couldn't have asked for more.

SuperFocus
04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
As much as I like to hate on anything aoki has touched, the energy level for Warp 1977 was probably the highest I saw all weekend. Every single person was jumping. But the 28 days later intro into Cornelius is where its at.

motionnn77
04-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Caught a big chunk of their set! Awesome and fun. Got into a catfight while dancing. (Sorry, no pics:-()

Gundam
04-18-2011, 10:54 PM

i have a question.

horse power?

moustache
04-18-2011, 11:07 PM

AMEN

LickTheLizzard
04-18-2011, 11:10 PM
i've seen bbdc77, they are great.

that being said... leftfield was one of the greatest music experiences of my life. i'm glad everyone at the beetroots had fun, but you missed something magical.

ELECtROjan
04-19-2011, 01:25 AM

he missed nothing. The BBDC77 faux "live" crap is a joke.

dancinginthedesert
04-19-2011, 06:09 AM
This set started off sounding good - interesting mixing and drops - and then turned into a terrible screamo concert with clubby backbeats. Third worst set of the weekend behind Skrillex and Joachim Garraud.

Basskitten85
04-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Very Very Awesome show two thumbs way up.

panda_eater
04-19-2011, 08:24 AM
This set started off sounding good - interesting mixing and drops - and then turned into a terrible screamo concert with clubby backbeats. Third worst set of the weekend behind Skrillex and Joachim Garraud.

This. I was stoked to see them but after their second song I was so disappointed, I almost want to say they killed my roll.

blacklite
04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Haha them getting shut down was hilarious but honestly they were cutting into axwells time my group moved up 10 minutes before axwell was supposed to go on and they played for 20 until they were cut off I can only imagine the dj ego bitchfit that mut have gone on after that

meyouseek
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I tried to enjoy some Beetroots, but the sound was just punching me in the face. I like aggressive electronic music (the Beetroots set from '09 was unrelenting and awesome) but the wall of noise they conjured up on Sunday was too much for me.

Very glad I wandered over to Leftfield after a few minutes. Old school acid noises were just what I needed.

Pea
04-19-2011, 10:03 AM
I left Beetroots after Warp and caught the rest of Leftfield. Both sets were fucking stellar in their own right.

holland_5150
04-19-2011, 11:32 AM

That was one of them most bad ass things i have ever seen in my life. Long Live General Cornelius!

nbvcide
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM

i know what i missed. and i'm bummed i stayed to watch beetroots (especially when they started 20min late and i kept thinking of all the Leftfield songs i was missing..but i bounced towards the end and still caught the last ten of leftfield before kanye.. will listen to the leftfield bootleg endlessly for the next year, kicking myself..

i love the beetroots, but of all the times i've seen em live (and dj set), this was the worst.