PDA

View Full Version : Mumford and Aquabats

livethechoice
04-18-2011, 07:05 AM
My two favorite acts of this year.

Only just started hearing Mumford on the radio this last year, thought they played a great set, good charisma from the band and great energy in the crowd. (Sad though, it seems like enjoying Mumford this year is as taboo as enjoying Tiesto last year)

The Aquabats set was the best part of my Friday. Total nostalgia, a great circle pit, the 'Bats always give a great live performance. So stoked they played because I hadn't had a chance to see them in years and it brought back a ton of good memories. I'll always be stoked if the Aquabats are playing (even if they're deprived of an encore and their instruments are unceremoniously cut)

ialvarado2
04-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Mumford, meh...

Aquabats, Fuck yeah! They were amazing!

grichsgang
04-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Saw some of the video from the Ferris wheel. I lost it when they showed the crying Indian -- icon of my childhood. Wish I had popped in but the Keys destroyed me.

grichsgang
04-18-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't understand the hate for Mumford. Solid, passionate vocals; great melody/harmony; great instrumentation. I'm not terribly tuned into what whether a band has indie-cred or not, I just go by what my ears tell me.

whatyouknow
04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
they fucked up with the aquabats. if i recall correctly, the aquabats said they had two more songs, but were getting cut off. =[