PDA

View Full Version : Presets!

soleilvie
04-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Who else here ended their Coachella weekend with The Presets? I was front and center - completely blown away by their performance!

Tucker
04-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Hell yeah I did! Killed it all the way to the last drop of My People. Too bad they struggled hooking up their stage and couldn't play a longer set. So many songs went unsung!

Cooper
04-18-2011, 12:11 PM
yeah even though I didnt get a few of the songs I wanted, I was still blown away by my first presets experience

eyestothesky
04-18-2011, 12:13 PM
The set was incredible, but I could have done without the old man gay orgy that formed a column and dry humped eachother down the middle of the tent.

WhatLies
04-18-2011, 02:36 PM
how did this year compare to 09? Im surprised noone is talking about their set. 2 years ago this board was full of people like me ranting and raving about how great they were

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-18-2011, 02:42 PM
The presets set in 09 was longer than this years, but the crowd was much more into it this time around. Totally insane. Great way to close the fest!

WhatLies
04-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Good shit. How about the sound? I mean the mohave tent can't compare to the sahara tent can it?

Vic Viper
04-18-2011, 02:56 PM
the presets made ceelo look like a fucking crybaby. instead of bitching about their shortened set they made a small apology and then ABSOLUTELYFUCKINGKILLEDITFORTHENEXT30MINUTES. the 09 set was longer and an amazing show but they packed that tent with so much more energy this time. easily the best end to a coachella i've seen.

JelloPuddingChat
04-18-2011, 02:58 PM
This is how you close a fest right.

Skull08
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I only listened their two last songs, I was blown away, what a fucking fun set and the crowd was singing and dancing their asses off... I wish I had been there from the beginning instead of being in the Gobi for She Wants Revenge

deftonepuma
04-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Hard rhythms, razor synths, and the best sing alongs all weekend!

soleilvie
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
They had a blast up there. Julian said it was the best show they've done in long time!

CrimesceneCookie
04-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Another band I only knew 1 song from, but I knew it would be a massive closing party in that tent. I missed them in 09 because of Mccartney, and was glad to get my dose this year.
Like Jello said, THAT is how you close a Coachella.

spiggums
04-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Hell yeah I did! Killed it all the way to the last drop of My People. Too bad they struggled hooking up their stage and couldn't play a longer set. So many songs went unsung!

We didn't miss out on much though... Based off the set they played at Club Nokia, if I recall correctly, they only skipped one song (a new, unreleased tune)... which they skipped on the fly...

Great set... Thanks to being right up front for Leftfield I was about two people back from the rail right in front of Julian's rig... Amazing way to end the weekend!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
It was really really great...it's a shame i was so fucking tired by that point and couldn't muster up much dancing.

spiggums
04-18-2011, 05:15 PM
We didn't miss out on much though... Based off the set they played at Club Nokia, if I recall correctly, they only skipped one song (a new, unreleased tune)... which they skipped on the fly...

Great set... Thanks to being right up front for Leftfield I was about two people back from the rail right in front of Julian's rig... Amazing way to end the weekend!

wait... my bad... looking back at the Nokia set list they also cut out Yippiyo-ay and Eucalyptus...

brycerosen
04-18-2011, 05:58 PM
super fun

misterpickles
04-18-2011, 06:09 PM
i was absolutely exhausted by the time they went on, so much to the point i was worried i wouldn't be able to enjoy it.. but damn, they brought it out of me.. what a way to end the fest.

spence
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Holy shit what a way to close out the weekend. There was not a person standing still in the tent.

Fucking Awesome.

dilfpot
04-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Amazing, so amazing.

Bons222000
04-18-2011, 06:59 PM
I was quite close to the front for this show and I did not see one person standing still. It was a sweaty mess of a dance party and one of the best sets of the weekend. I will not regret missing Kanye for this.

SoccerRyot
04-18-2011, 07:06 PM
I only caught the last 15 minutes, but a pleasant surprise to say the least. Sorry I missed the whole set.

Porkchop
04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
They did it properly in 09 and then they fucking destroyed sunday! I feel bad for the people who saw kanye & axwell...

spiggums
04-18-2011, 07:44 PM
I mean, I would have felt bad for the people who saw Axwell even if that was the only option... but that's just me ;p

milos57
04-18-2011, 08:55 PM
This was the best way I can imagine closing the festival this year. I was physically spent from Leftfield and the rest of the weekend, but we got up front and as soon as The Presets started, the whole tent was off the fucking chain. Such a great dance party. I found a well of energy I never knew I had.

eimie
04-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Awesome set, and if only I didn't catch a fever that day, I would've danced till the very end. But I had to sit out the last 15 minutes because I literally couldn't stand anymore :(

arsgunner
04-19-2011, 01:49 AM
agree with everyone else,anyone who missed this really really missed out..best possible way to close the fest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROs6NcKfSU&feature=channel_video_title

schmechel-deckle
04-19-2011, 02:46 AM
I had no hope that they would drop Together, and I almost pissed myself. The crowd was incredible, I got to be with all my people who know HOW to party. The best end to coachella I have had in my 5 years going

grannock
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Video verification pls!

johnatx
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Awesome set, and if only I didn't catch a fever that day, I would've danced till the very end. But I had to sit out the last 15 minutes because I literally couldn't stand anymore :(

it's ok! you saw all you could and that's all that matters!

what a great way to end the weekend! there with all my people!

arsgunner
04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
i can't believe more people aren't talking about the presets set! i totally understand why everyone would check out kanye but but man did thousands of people miss out one of the best sets of the weekend....i still get goosebumps watching the videos that are up

zachyd
04-19-2011, 05:00 PM
The Presets ended my weekend as well. Best choice I made all weekend. They killed it and I'm dying to see them again! Is that how their show always is?

Geno_g
04-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Presets threw down, was dancing the whole set, great tunes...

thewoodenman
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
i am also surprised there has not been much said about them yet either. everything(minus the short set) was nothing less than perfect. ending coachella with "my people" was probably the most memorable moment of the weekend for me. i knew they would be good and i have kept up with their music in the past, but the live was above and beyond what i was expecting. leftfield into the presets = perfectche11a.

r4chchella
04-19-2011, 05:07 PM
The Presets were the greatest way to end Coachella... This Boy's In Love blew my mind.

Gribbz
04-19-2011, 05:10 PM
The Presets were fantastic. So happy I finally got to see them.

I loved dancing to My People with all of my people.

late to the house
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Have seen them three times and Sunday was by far the best show I've experienced by them. Great way to end the night even as exhausted as I was.

strangelove13
04-19-2011, 05:19 PM
i had never listened to them, but after the weak beginning of Kanye's set, my friend and i wandered over to the ferris wheel, and then after that, just wandered around a bit and stumbled onto their set, watching it from the back of their tent... and we both left as fans, planning on buying their albums so we can be better prepared for their next tour - definitely an amazing way to end the fest

gmoneyak
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
The Presets were a blast, I'm actually glad they were running a lil' late so I could catch the beginning of their set.

soleilvie
04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
They've got a new album coming out sometime this year so I'm really excited for when they go on tour again.

MistaGlitch
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
"30 seconds left in our coachella!"

How I wish I was back there again

Vic Viper
04-19-2011, 05:45 PM

omg his countdown made me want to cry; its like he understood everything we hold dear about the festival and knew it needed to go down to the wire to make it special.

thewoodenman
04-19-2011, 05:53 PM

omg his countdown made me want to cry; its like he understood everything we hold dear about the festival and knew it needed to go down to the wire to make it special.

here you are my people:

pDSMZEQm78o

PenisMuncher
04-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I was a few rows from the front in the center and it was really good. Also probably the loudest set that I heard all weekend which was pretty awesome. Tons of strobe lights and just an all around great set up. They did take a while to get set up, but it was worth the wait.

Trillis
04-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I had to throw a huge fit to get my crew to stay and watch them. They are believers now...

digitaldragon03
04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
I walked out of the Mojave after they played My People and had to lay down on the grass for 5 minutes before I had the strength to walk out of the venue. I have never seen a better closing set.

anti-square
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
here you are my people:

pDSMZEQm78o

This is great! You were right behind me. That's my girlfriend going up on my shoulders at the :06 second mark.

arsgunner
04-19-2011, 07:56 PM
^^^^^^^^ ALL MY FUCKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!

electrocute
04-19-2011, 08:04 PM
THIS SHIT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. I have been a huge Presets fan for years (they KILLED in 09 too - they played during Paul McC! in the Sahara! and it was crammed!) but this was the best possible end to Coachella I could imagine. As soon as I saw their spot on the lineup I knew it was going to be epic, and it exceeded even my very high expectations.

It was actually a major blessing for me that they started late, as I had some crazy awesome run-ins just prior (long story! haha).. I was just starting to roll as I ran back over toward them from Axwell and heard "Talk Like That" and just started dancing for my life. From there it was a nonstop parade of all their most awesomely dank songs that completely blew my face off. Their setup was unreal and they sounded amazing. I completely flipped my shit, and I know I'm not the only one. Their dark, savage intensity was just what everyone needed to blast through their tired zombieness of the weekend to come through strong at the end.

I loved how they were like "Ok, this is our last song!" and then just played like 3-4 more songs one after the next, each one just getting more and more crazy!!! LOVED IT. I felt like my heart was seriously going to explode from loving it so hard.

Oh, and did I mention Dita Von Teese was right in front of me? I am not kidding. Talk about the craziest Coachella night I've ever had.

Kpony
04-19-2011, 08:08 PM

^This

Your post gave me goose bumps! When i heard him say 30 seconds left, I just went ape shit and gave every last ounce of energy i had to dance my ass off.

arsgunner
04-19-2011, 09:13 PM
^This

Your post gave me goose bumps! When i heard him say 30 seconds left, I just went ape shit and gave every last ounce of energy i had to dance my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROs6NcKfSU&feature=channel_video_title

2:45 mark..i get goosebumps just watching!!!!!

johnnypolite
04-19-2011, 10:17 PM
One of the best sets of the weekend

EkriirkE
04-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Liked everything they played, so I stayed.

fatuppoopdown
04-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Such a better ending to a ridiculous weekend than Kanye. Used up every last bit of energy during that set.

fuck frankie
04-19-2011, 10:26 PM
somehow i lucked out and managed to get on the rail for this after getting to the mojave 10 minutes or so early, and after a severe case of blue balls (they started 15 minutes late and my pills were wearing off) they fucking destroyed it. i danced till my backpack broke, then kept dancing.

absolutely perfect ending to the fest.

EkriirkE
04-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Such a better ending to a ridiculous weekend than Kanye. Used up every last bit of energy during that set.
I absolutely refused to go see kayne, much to the distaste of my posse. I planned on hanging out in the tents by myself during that atrocity but my friends ended up liking the presets so much they also skipped out on him!

heimer
04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Here is the last 13+ minutes of their set. Anyone know the first song? I think he said it was one of the new ones?

sSTmCFn5ixQ

I was centered on the rail for this. Got there before 7pm after Fistful of Mercy ended, and witnessed (for me) the 2nd best medley of Coachella artists ever back-to-back on the same stage: Trentemoller, Ratatat, Leftfield, and The Presets (only thing that tops it is Kraftwerk, Portishead, Prince in '08).

kid_a
04-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Seriously the best way I could have ended my Coachella weekend! I saw them at Club Nokia before Coachella, but Coachella performance wins hands down. Just the whole experience of it... everyone just going fucking nuts... loved loved LOVED it!! Too bad everyone else had to sit thru Kanye.

electrocute
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
HOLY CRAP. Good show on that video Heimer!! Reliving that was orgasmically good.

weareyourfriends
04-20-2011, 02:07 PM
I was with a bunch of boardies up close but I wanted to have enough room so that I could go crazy without having my backpack smack into people so I moved back a bit. I was right in front of the soundboard and I had to tons of space to dance/jump/boogie. Fabulous! I also loved seeing the pack of ripped, older gays who were all wearing bow ties. Thought that was kinda cute.

heimer
04-20-2011, 02:17 PM
HOLY CRAP. Good show on that video Heimer!! Reliving that was orgasmically good.
Thanks! :)

Here are the two others I took during The Presets:
KtkjFvEr3rk
okFXtLL0W1Q

The rest of the set I just danced around with the railing. ;)

arsgunner
04-20-2011, 05:04 PM
god dam..everytime i watch any of these videos i get fuckin goosebumps,can't say it enough,the best possible ending for the weekend and its still sad others aren't talking about it which makes it that much more special to all of us who attended this!

gmoneyak
04-20-2011, 05:32 PM
heimer, I just subscribed to your videos on Youtube. You, my friend, have some awesome footage throughout the entire festival.

Nicely done.

Timestretch
04-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm about to do the same. Amazing way to end the weekend. Loved The Presets even more when I walked by the main stage and caught the end of Kayne.

daft$tar
04-20-2011, 06:54 PM
presets were my favs for sure

those videos are insane - thank you for sharing

arsgunner
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
you know why this thread isn't really active? because 65k idiots were watching kanye :)

Porkchop
04-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Damn I really hope a live recording pops up soon... or does anyone have any recent live sets from 2011?

Timestretch
04-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Best way to end the fest. GV did us a solid! And yes, walking by the main stage validated my decision. Hope everyone at the main stage had a good time bc everyone in the Mohave had a dance party!!!!!

CellarOwl
04-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Missing this was my biggest regret of the weekend.

Edmontonian
04-26-2011, 08:14 AM
This was my fave set of the weekend and the perfect final show for Coachella 2011! And frankly I was amazed at how many people showed up for the Presets' set in the Mojave considering they were scheduled at the same time as Kanye on main stage AND Axwell of Swedish House Mafia in the Sahara! But it was still a packed dancefloor for the presets!

Just goes to show, they may not be the biggest band in the world but Presets fans are DEVOTED!!! like me <3

They were amazing in 09 but this show was even better!

Edmontonian
04-26-2011, 08:20 AM
LOL and it makes it just that much sweeter that almost everyone I know who saw Kanye instead said it was a disappointment. IN YOUR FACES! Never miss the Presets never never never

zachyd
04-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Good thing my friends and I liked the last Presets album and decided to just go to their set on a whim (we don't like Kanye lol).

Can't get over how amazing the set was!

eyestothesky
04-26-2011, 09:10 AM
No matter what videos I see of this set, nothing will ever recapture how amazing that was. Between the new tracks and playing all of the best songs from Apocalypso, it was an incredible end to the event. Every time I listen to "My People" now I can hear Julian talking ("Only 30 seconds left of Coachella for us!") and it gives me the chills.

megastar
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Everybody who ended Sunday on the Trent-Rat-Left-Presets dance party scored full points, and anybody who even got to see part of the Presets to close it out went home happy.

mmblack
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
fucking hell just reading you other people talk about this set gives me goosebumps still.

heimer
04-26-2011, 02:10 PM
heimer, I just subscribed to your videos on Youtube. You, my friend, have some awesome footage throughout the entire festival.

Nicely done.
Just saw this, thanks! If I'd had a monopod or something to sit my camera on...I would've recorded the entire set.

bartelby
04-26-2011, 02:34 PM
this show almost topped the Teddybears in '07 or so as 'best random walk-in show' of all time

fantastic...

Porkchop
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Everybody who ended Sunday on the Trent-Rat-Left-Presets dance party scored full points, and anybody who even got to see part of the Presets to close it out went home happy.

Seriously that Quadruple wammy was a fucking good one! I hope next year the mojave is just as stacked..

arsgunner
04-26-2011, 08:01 PM
i really hope GV tries to add them again next year..would make sense for a variety of reasons...one being not many people saw this and two they have a new album coming out later this year..i would definitely welcome this..probably won't happen but who knows

ZeeVee22
04-26-2011, 11:31 PM
My sunday night plan changed from duck sauce, ratatat, the stokes, kanye to
Duck sauce, Chromeo, leftfield, the presets. I owe it all to leaving my friends to meet up with a crazy Aussie and his gf and her friends. I had never listened to leftfield or the presets before Sunday night and I got my mind blown for sure. I'm so glad I skipped kanye....I'm sure it helped that I peaked a few times starting at duck sauce but it was one of the best nights in my life. I didn't think I was going to have a Comparable experience after cut copy, crystal castles and Chem bros on Friday but Sunday night in the Mojave did not let me down one bit....

paulb
04-26-2011, 11:45 PM
The Presets fuckin rocked it hard! Loved every second! Its hard to compare to the 2009 set....I think the 2009 set was better for me, cause it was such a suprise at how amazing they were, and 2011 was a non stop dance party, but I knew it was going to be great, so not much of a suprise....either way, win-win! Loved it! Great Coachella ending!

mmblack
04-27-2011, 01:09 AM
i will continue bumping this thread till mid-january 2012.

i really hope GV tries to add them again next year..would make sense for a variety of reasons...one being not many people saw this and two they have a new album coming out later this year..i would definitely welcome this..probably won't happen but who knows

as much as i want to agree what with the new album coming out in 2011 (going to be massive) + hype around this show, i can't. 10-11PM friday slot sahara '09, then closing the fest this year is reason enough not to... frankly, GV doesn't need to book them. when it does happen though i'd love for a closing friday outdoor slot!

e_rupt
04-27-2011, 01:55 AM
I had a feeling this set would be something special. So i too did the trent, rat, Left, and pre. what a dance party! here is my video of the last part, sooooo good!

zspMF2M936M

Antoinek91
04-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Could not have picked better closers than Chemical Brothers, Scissor Sisters, and Presets. Loved dancing like a maniac at all three.

vibesandstuff
04-29-2011, 10:15 AM
I walked into this set because I hate Kanye so much. I had never heard their music before. It was an absolutely mind blowing set. One of my top 5 for the weekend. I now own 2 of their albums and I really hope they are back next year.

gooftroop
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Fabulous work on the videos, so sad to have missed this show. Twice now I've missed them due to headliner overlap...next time NO MATTER WHAT I'm going to see them. 2013 possible return?!

Edmontonian
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM

I would be ECSTATIC if the Presets came back for 2011 with their forthcoming new albums' worth of material, and GV has on a FEW occasions brought some of the fan favourites' back in back-to-back years (Hot Chip, Justice... I would definitely consider the Presets to be on the same level as those two). However I question your comment 'not many people saw this' were you absent from the Presets Coachella-closing danceathon? cuz the Mojave was PACKED!!!

arsgunner
04-30-2011, 01:25 PM
I would be ECSTATIC if the Presets came back for 2011 with their forthcoming new albums' worth of material, and GV has on a FEW occasions brought some of the fan favourites' back in back-to-back years (Hot Chip, Justice... I would definitely consider the Presets to be on the same level as those two). However I question your comment 'not many people saw this' were you absent from the Presets Coachella-closing danceathon? cuz the Mojave was PACKED!!!

well when you have d-bag kanye playing..you know 60k+ tools are elsewhere..i know how packed it was :) i'm glad kanye was playing at the same time

gooftroop
04-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Just cause someone saw Kanye doesn't make them a tool. I would have liked to seen some of the Presets but most of my group wanted to check out Kanye in hopes that it would be something really special. It was a fun show but far from amazing, and while Kanye is a d-bag he does make good records IMO so I don't regret my decision that much. More I was just pissed that on two occasions now I have had to miss the Presets at Coachella for headliners, Paul was so worth it though.

arsgunner
04-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Just cause someone saw Kanye doesn't make them a tool. I would have liked to seen some of the Presets but most of my group wanted to check out Kanye in hopes that it would be something really special. It was a fun show but far from amazing, and while Kanye is a d-bag he does make good records IMO so I don't regret my decision that much. More I was just pissed that on two occasions now I have had to miss the Presets at Coachella for headliners, Paul was so worth it though.

just because i think kanye is a d-bag doesn't mean i don't like him,i don't mind his music at all,i own a couple albums and like the new one,you can't say you regret your decision based on what all of us are saying and by watching videos, presets are no way my fav band,i do like them a lot and their set was one of the best sets i've ever seen,i really can't remember ever having that much fun at a show and i've been going to shows half of my life,you really have no idea what you missed,anyone who wasn't there can't say they don't regret it,i have yet to hear one person say kanye was amazing this that,you see every single person here say the same thing about the presets set,you def missed out and honestly i'd regret it if i didn't attend!

gooftroop
04-30-2011, 11:30 PM
just because i think kanye is a d-bag doesn't mean i don't like him,i don't mind his music at all,i own a couple albums and like the new one,you can't say you regret your decision based on what all of us are saying and by watching videos, presets are no way my fav band,i do like them a lot and their set was one of the best sets i've ever seen,i really can't remember ever having that much fun at a show and i've been going to shows half of my life,you really have no idea what you missed,anyone who wasn't there can't say they don't regret it,i have yet to hear one person say kanye was amazing this that,you see every single person here say the same thing about the presets set,you def missed out and honestly i'd regret it if i didn't attend!

Your "sentence" was quite a lot to digest. First off I know what I was missing, I have seen the Presets before and am familiar with their work so I was aware of the decision I was making. I made it simply because I wanted to finish the festival with my group of friends and that's where they wanted to go at the time since most of them hadn't seen Kanye before. I mostly just regret the poor timing of their set, I knew almost as soon as the times were released that I was going to be missing their show. I only took issue with your post because you referred to those who saw Kanye as tools, and even as you went on to defend him you didn't even mention those who chose to see him. While I may have missed the superior music act I would have lost more by not being with my friends in the closing moments of the festival. Kanye was still pretty fun though, it wasn't like I left early or anything (which you know plenty of people did). That said I would have really liked to have seen some Presets, hopefully I will again soon!