PDA

View Full Version : How did the crowd like KOL last night?

radiohead33
04-16-2011, 07:50 PM
so how did the crowd treat Kings of leon last night? i remember reading that last year the crowd turned on MGMT as a result of them being huge and their new album which was of course absent of any Kids type jam.

Did the crowd love Kings of Leon, or did they boo them?

motherofmothera
04-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Donno. I avoided Kings of Leon like the plague.

TomServo
04-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Didn't see the crowd, but they represented themselves well in the webcast. Sounded good, played some of their good old songs, and generally did what they were paid to. Short set, though, I don't get these stupid Coachella set times at all. Call me Cee-Lo!

nathanfairchild
04-17-2011, 12:51 AM
I went over around the left side for their last 15 minutes (waiting for chems) and the crowd looked kinda small. The Black Keys seemed to have a bigger crowd.

Ravingmad
04-17-2011, 01:46 PM
They seemed fine. I'm not a KOL fan by any means but I caught a couple songs in passing and they had a decent sized crowd and people were singing along and whatnot. I think it's like the Killers last year where they got a lot of hate on the boards but no one is really going to take the time out of their schedule to go boo at the band when you could just go see someone else instead. Seemed to be plenty of people there and KOL was putting up a good performance (even had a decent little guitar jammy bit on one of the songs I caught, don't know which one), but you know, still Kings of Leon.

Again, like the Killers last year -- generally unremarkable but not actually bad. Nowhere near taking the title of most hated headliner from Jack Johnson, where people were fleeing the main stage like it was on fire or something.

rasooli
04-17-2011, 01:48 PM
The Killers were two years ago....Muse was the Killers/KOL of last year imo.

MissingPerson
04-17-2011, 01:50 PM
That can't be fair. I'm not a big Muse fan, but any time I've seen them, they've consistently put on a huge ridiculous live show with songs perfectly suited for the medium.

Monko760
04-17-2011, 01:50 PM
The Killers were two years ago....Muse was the Killers/KOL of last year imo.

HA FUCKING MUSE PWNED FACE MUSE>KOL>KILLERS, but pretty much what was said by ravingmad. I was trippin hard and waiting for the chems.

rasooli
04-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Muse used to be incredible...then they dropped that new album of theres which SUCKED. They're the new KOL in my opinion, not Arcade Fire as many are saying who are still incredible and who are still releasing amazing new albums.

I would go AF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Muse>>>>>>Killers>>>KOL though

nathanfairchild
04-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Muse is a good band, but that last album really is terrible. My biggest gripe with them is the fact that they've been basically doing the same setlist for the last 2 years.

obzen
04-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Muse is a good band...

http://eagleapex.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_7175.JPG

nathanfairchild
04-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Bl
Ow
Me