PDA

View Full Version : EpicFailChella

K3N5T3R
04-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Very disappointed with Goldenvoice... Fridays first show at the main need to have started at 12, 1 the latest ... this would of given enough time in between for transition and stage setups for the bigger acts at the end... GV can keep their filthy money...

/end thread

nathanfairchild
04-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks cunt.

Boourns
04-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Never listen to anyone that says "should of"

Alchemist559
04-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Fuck OP stay the hell out of Coachella! They did an amazing job this year 100x better than last year.

gaypalmsprings
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
1000x

Alchemist559
04-16-2011, 09:14 PM
1000x

Your right, what the Fuck was I thinking.

GuyInTucson
04-17-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't understand anyone who's griping. This has been much better than last year. The open space reminds me of 2003. I had a really good spot for Arcade Fire and The Black Keys. I have seen good show after good show since I got here. .

stellarpoet22
04-17-2011, 12:50 AM
I just wanna say my girlfriends will for camping out for acts is an epicfail....Fucking ay!

K3N5T3R
04-17-2011, 11:31 AM
ive said end /thread, there should be no further posts! goddammit..

Suffacated
04-17-2011, 11:40 AM
ive said end /thread, there should be no further posts! goddammit..

Who gives a shit what you said?
With only 31 posts, you are still an insignificant little worm who has much to learn.

K3N5T3R
04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
:)See ya guys next year!!!

motherofmothera
04-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Who gives a shit what you said?
With only 31 posts, you are still an insignificant little worm who has much to learn.

So spending all your time posting on an internet message board makes what you have to say more important? Stop being a pretentious ass and just let him post his opinion. If you have something intelligent to say that's fine but don't call him out on stupid shit like him not having enough posts.

Get over yourself. There are 75,000 people here and their experiences aren't going to be exactly like yours.

nathanfairchild
04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
^ His opinion is completely unfounded. His assumptions that gv is somehow greedy is completely off.

motherofmothera
04-17-2011, 04:04 PM
^ His opinion is completely unfounded. His assumptions that gv is somehow greedy is completely off.

And you called him a cunt without offering any sort of a counter-argument. GoldenVoice is part of AEG which is a corporation. Like every corporation their objective is to make money and find ways to make even more money. Obviously there's going to be some greed involved.

Coachella is great but don't fall under the dillusion that the people organizing it and the people they work for are doing this out of good of their hearts. This festival is a product and you and me have bought in to it.

stinkbutt
04-17-2011, 04:09 PM
So is the internet and whatever you are using to post that dumb comment.

dyltr0n3030
04-17-2011, 04:09 PM
my definition of an "epicfailchella" (i feel ridiculously gay for using "epic" and "fail") would be not having a good time at all. you had a rough start into coachella. you got your balls taken away.

so are you saying that because of such atrocities you did not have fun at all therefore concluding "Coachella 2011" as "EpicFailChella"?

K3N5T3R
04-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Had a great time, people were amazing just as the artists n their music... Just voicing my opinion on the ppl who manage this...

obzen
04-17-2011, 06:16 PM
OMG GOOD TIEMZ W/PEEPS AND MUZIKZ @ EPICFAILCHELLA!!1!

/DERP

jsuddreth
04-17-2011, 06:18 PM
So spending all your time posting on an internet message board makes what you have to say more important? Stop being a pretentious ass and just let him post his opinion. If you have something intelligent to say that's fine but don't call him out on stupid shit like him not having enough posts.

Get over yourself. There are 75,000 people here and their experiences aren't going to be exactly like yours.

Thank you lol

Changoloco
04-17-2011, 06:25 PM

So let me get this straight, you are saying that the biggest corporate *cough* whore promotion company, AEG, which owns Goldenvoice, is NOT greedy? I am confused. Goldenvoice sold their asses out to the corporate machine a looooooong time ago. Having said that, I have no problem with it. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that they are pure of spirit.

nathanfairchild
04-17-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm saying that goldenvoice cutting back on the number of tickets sold is an example of a company concerned with putting the concerns of it's patrons first. The management should be praised for all the changes they made to make this year 1000x better than last year.

Changoloco
04-17-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm saying that goldenvoice cutting back on the number of tickets sold is an example of a company concerned with putting the concerns of it's patrons first. The management should be praised for all the changes they made to make this year 1000x better than last year.

I don't believe that their concerns are for the concerns of the patrons. Their concerns are getting those patrons to come back and spend more money. You are deluding yourself if you think that corporate America actually cares about you.

THEY WANT YOUR EFFIN MONEY!!!!NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

Are we clear now?

Changoloco
04-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I just realized that you are at the festival and you are wasting time debating on a message board? WTF? Go out and dance dude, this crap is not that important. Dance for my lame ass sitting in 35 degree temperatures for christ's sake.

motherofmothera
04-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I just realized that you are at the festival and you are wasting time debating on a message board? WTF? Go out and dance dude, this crap is not that important. Dance for my lame ass sitting in 35 degree temperatures for christ's sake.

I am literally dancing in the Gobi tent and posting this message for you. Get to another festival this year or try to make it to Coachella next year!

obzen
04-17-2011, 08:56 PM
lol, how lame.

motherofmothera
04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
lol, how lame.

...don't worry I can pull it off.

krk67
04-17-2011, 10:23 PM
One question: was there as much branding there (I'm talking honking huge signs on every stage and all over everything) as Lolla? If so, GV does an excellent job of NOT taking all of the money and keeping the place far cooler than other festivals.

And the GV/AEG thing is a lot more complicated than you portray it (we aren't talking ConniveNation here).

nathanfairchild
04-18-2011, 02:30 AM

lol, I was only on here when there wasn't anything I cared about seeing.

Changoloco
04-18-2011, 08:37 AM
One question: was there as much branding there (I'm talking honking huge signs on every stage and all over everything) as Lolla? If so, GV does an excellent job of NOT taking all of the money and keeping the place far cooler than other festivals.

And the GV/AEG thing is a lot more complicated than you portray it (we aren't talking ConniveNation here).

Trust me, I have worked with AEG on events. It is not that complicated. Don't talk about things you don't know about. Goldenvoice is the Southwest subsidary of AEG, yep, it's really that simple. All profits from Coachella go into AEG coffers.

Changoloco
04-18-2011, 08:39 AM
lol, I was only on here when there wasn't anything I cared about seeing.

There is art to see, people to meet, chics to hit on, warm beer to drink, I find it hard to believe that there wasn't "anything" worth seeing. Live a little.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-18-2011, 08:46 AM
And you called him a cunt without offering any sort of a counter-argument.

Counter- argument:

Very disappointed with Goldenvoice... Fridays first show at the main need to have started at 12, 1 the latest ... this would of given enough time in between for transition and stage setups for the bigger acts at the end... GV can keep their filthy money...

/end thread

TomAz
04-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I know dumb people who aren't cunts though.

fatbastard
04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
I smell someone who has a lot of time on their hands.

thombjork
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
im sorry sir that your glass is clearly half empty. coachella was good

JustSteve
04-18-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't believe that their concerns are for the concerns of the patrons. Their concerns are getting those patrons to come back and spend more money. You are deluding yourself if you think that corporate America actually cares about you.

THEY WANT YOUR EFFIN MONEY!!!!NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

Are we clear now?

you, fine sir, have a lot to learn about the people who run goldenvoice. quite sad you think the way you do because it is totally untrue.

TomAz
04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Actually I don't think "They want your money" is such a bad thing. Wanting my money motivated Paul & co. to respond to last year's complaints and deliver a vastly improved product. Wanting my money continues to motivate Paul & co. to book an incredible, diverse, engaging, and very interesting lineup. If they were just doing this for the hell of it I think it'd be a worse festival.

captncrzy
04-18-2011, 02:21 PM

/end thread

Go fuck yourself

emllik
04-18-2011, 02:22 PM

/end thread

Moving Units should have started at 11:00 pm, in the Gobi.

emllik
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Actually I don't think "They want your money" is such a bad thing. Wanting my money motivated Paul & co. to respond to last year's complaints and deliver a vastly improved product. Wanting my money continues to motivate Paul & co. to book an incredible, diverse, engaging, and very interesting lineup. If they were just doing this for the hell of it I think it'd be a worse festival.

Vastly changed doesn't necessarily mean vastly improved. They didn't do anything this year that they hadn't done better in previous years. Name one point as a counter-argument... just one.

TomAz
04-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Here's 3 off the top of my head.

1. Getting in and out of the festival was by far the easiest of my 7 Coachellas.
2. Portapotties were generally kept clean and I never had to wait in line for one once. This was a new improvement this year.
3. More space. MORE SPACE.

emllik
04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
you, fine sir, have a lot to learn about the people who run goldenvoice. quite sad you think the way you do because it is totally untrue.

You can believe that they do enjoy the music... but YES, they are in it STRICTLY for the money. Look at Coachella-past. They lost money in '99. Did they have a show in '00? Nope. Why do you think that is? They had such big hearts, and thought the people who loved the show the previous year needed two years to sleep off their drunk? Let's use logic here. Every single thing they do is money motivated. Why did they fill every inch with campers? Why did they stop handing out booklets after the first day? Why do they have two security guards going through tent camping once a day, while security was scouring the car camping ALL DAY AND NIGHT? Why do they charge two dollars for warm water they get for free that's been sitting in a filthy cooler people have been sticking their hands in all day? Why do they let in thousands of people more than tickets they supposedly sell every year? Why do they charge $25+ for a shirt they'll be willing to sell for $10 the next year? Capitalism, BABY! Love it, or leave it. Let this song that I'm singin, be a warnin. It's very much about the money. It's also very much about the willingness of the paid participants. If none of us went, 75,000 other tools would have paid to be there. If we don't protest, and constantly choose to kiss their asses every year? We'll be stuck kissing ass... every year... like it, or not. Personally, I don't have anything against kissing ass. I like those big fuckers. The ones that clap when the chic shakes it..... you know the ones. Not concert promotor ass. Not people whose single concert annually makes more money than the entire block I live on is worth. These people are bloodthirsty. They're not going to say how good a guy Steve is to their friends. "Steve who? Does he owe me money? Ah, fuck that piss poor peasant then." You don't think GV are into capitalism, and making the most of their money? I bet you're right. I bet they'll have a free three-day show next April. Good call, Steve. That's why they drove around with bags full of cardboard, cans, and plastic. They must have bagged them for the local homeless population, hmm? Righto

TomAz
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
You may be the single dumbest person ever to grace this board.

obzen
04-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Capitalism, BABY!

I hate it when people use caps lock for emphasis only to use it on the wrong fucking words.

socalguy100
04-18-2011, 03:23 PM
None of this makes any sense...

You can believe that they do enjoy the music... but YES, they are in it STRICTLY for the money....

Why did they stop handing out booklets after the first day?

They didn't. I got one on Saturday.

Why do they have two security guards going through tent camping once a day, while security was scouring the car camping ALL DAY AND NIGHT?

How is this motivated by profit?

Why do they charge two dollars for warm water they get for free that's been sitting in a filthy cooler people have been sticking their hands in all day?

All that water is donated?

Why do they let in thousands of people more than tickets they supposedly sell every year?

If they were profit motivated, why would they do this?

indietron
04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Please leave emllik

BROKENDOLL
04-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Vastly changed doesn't necessarily mean vastly improved. They didn't do anything this year that they hadn't done better in previous years. Name one point as a counter-argument... just one.
Before I begin my counter-argument, may I ask you how many Coachellas Fests you've been to before this year?

spiggums
04-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Wait... wait.. wait...

Is someone honestly arguing about $2 waters?

Seriously... before we even begin to point out that most every water I bought this weekend was ice cold... before we even begin to point out that they had (as in years past) their 10 empties for one full bottle exchange... before we begin to point out that they kept themselves well stocked on water so it was possible to get some when needing hydration all the way at the end of the third day... before we begin to point out that security was handing out water to people all the way up at the rail for some of the more crowded shows...

so before all of that... can we even compare this to the price of water at almost every other major festival plus most nightclubs and bars in this country? The norm is usually around $4 or $5.

So yeah... anyone bringing this into their argument is clearly going to bitch no matter how amazing an experience is presented to them.

emllik
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Here's 3 off the top of my head.

1. Getting in and out of the festival was by far the easiest of my 7 Coachellas.
2. Portapotties were generally kept clean and I never had to wait in line for one once. This was a new improvement this year.
3. More space. MORE SPACE.

I can address points 1 and 3 pretty simply, car-camper. Tent Camping. If you haven't tent camped since the introduction of car camping, I don't want to hear anything about getting into the venue from your point of origin, or the amount of space being utilized. Mainly because tent camping is moved farther and farther from the venue every year. If they want to phase out tent camping, they ought to just stop selling the fucking tickets for it. Don't just move tent campers to dead crab grass central and call it good. That's ridiculous. It must have been a mile and a half from tent camping to the venue gates. If that's "More space" for you, eat it up. If GV wants to start throwing in bandaids and foot massages from lovely tastey young oriental broads, then you won't even see me speak on this topic again. Fact is, the festivals on-site accomodations have outgrown their utilities. They've done good to keep these poor fucks supplied with overpriced (keep moving people, no capitalism to see here!) items, I'll give them that, but you can be sure that there is/was ALWAYS money incentive. The last time I waited for a portapotty was last years fest. I remember it perfectly. I looked down to my right, and saw three or four one dollar bills... kept looking, saw a couple fives.... and a ten... and a guy walking up, crouching down, picking every dollar up as he walked off as if no one noticed. You're basically patting them on the back for keeping their installations clean? I thought this was the "What the fuck was wrong with Coachella this year?" thread. I see you've made good on bitching at anyone who can think according to the prompt.

Consider your presence before marking the intelligence of others.

I hate it when people use caps lock for emphasis only to use it on the wrong fucking words.

You'd have to be of mind to understand it. If you don't get anything I say.... ever, odds are you're going to look like a stooge for commenting on it. Your "wrong" is my "getting laid and hopping out the window before she asks for my name or street of residence." Ever feel like the song Float On by Modest Mouse was really meant to be titled "Troll On," and written just for you? =P

None of this makes any sense...

They didn't. I got one on Saturday.

How is this motivated by profit?

All that water is donated?

If they were profit motivated, why would they do this?

A. I saw a handful of books at the main Merch booth, on the way into the fest, but all of the info booths stopped handing out booklets on Saturday. If you got one, lucky you. I asked all of them, and got the same response. "They stopped giving them out because people weren't keeping them." Cheap move. Two years ago, they made up more than one cover for the books, so I actually have two different books from '09. I thought that was actually quite cool, which lead to disappointment when I couldn't even score a book when I forgot mine on Saturday. Bummer.

B. Tent campers have been treated as the poor bunch since last year. In '09, campers had it best, as there was no car camping. You didn't have people pitching a tent over a mile from the venue, which resulted in people entering the campgrounds at Ave. 51, instead of 52nd Ave. Not sure the exact distance, but it's a hell of a long way to walk with your gear, you can be sure. Last year the campers were moved to Lot 4, which isn't so bad, though it's still a big bitch compared to being able to see the fucking Dome from your tent. Security rolled through tent camping once a day, because there were only so many hired and ordered to do so. If there had been more security (and hey, I've never been ripped off at Coachella. As far as I know, everyone around me is as honest as I am.... which is why I bought a tent lock =D), it would have costed more, one may assume. Thing is... there was no lack of security, or police presence, in the campgrounds. There were plenty. I'd love to know why the wastelands aka Lot 13 aka tent camping was where it was, was treated as it was (handicap toilets in camping, but no ramp for a wheelchair to roll through??? Ridiculous???), and was overall allowed to be what it was this year. If it isn't to skimp on dollars spent, then I'd love to hear it? Also.... I'm not sure on this just yet. Was tent camping the same price this year as car camping? Just curious.

C. If your water said "Sparkletts" on it, it was donated. Aside from that.... $2 for a bottle of water worth less than a quarter. Consider that ten empty bottles probably amount to a quarter being recycles? A dime? Anything at all? Profit x Profit x Profit = Profit cubered. Coke wasn't giving their product to Coachella for free. Coke was $5. Coke bottles weren't find ten bottles, get a free one. Get real, kids.

D. VERY simple. MORE FUCKING MONEY!!!! You think those people that got in didn't PAY to get in? You think they won't be eating two or more times a day? You think they aren't going to buy anything to drink? No beer? No merch? Fuck yeah, they will. Not everyone will go home with a shirt, but if three of thirty do? Profit cubered. Take into mind, none of this has anything to do with the actual music. I have a list of things I think could be done better, and have been done better in the past. If you don't like that, it's perfectly fine. I'm not shitting on your holiday, as Coachella is mine as well. Coming home with bloody blistery feet because I had to see so much music, and had to get a shower, and had to feed the need, and had to put a charge on my phone? Even if tent camping had been a quarter mile closer, or right next to the general store, it would have saved some blisters. I know I'm not the only one. Most of you may be too proud to speak openly of the negatives associated with our favorite positives, but that's not me. When I see a negative, or a positive, I like to talk about it. Feel free to do the same, regarding me, or not =)

Please leave emllik

*Leaves emllik*

Before I begin my counter-argument, may I ask you how many Coachellas Fests you've been to before this year?

Aww I love how you try being polite. You ask me, nicely even, before preparing an onslaught I likely won't even read the entirety of. Kudos to you =) This has been my third. I'm aware that it's been going on far longer, so my scope is limited... but this is my third year consecutively, and the only thing I can say they really fixed this year were the showers.... which wasn't really a fix, considering showers weren't a problem in '09. Last year was the only bad year for showers, since I've been going. Yeah, I come off as really negative on this, but it's for a reason. When I lost my Coachellaginity in '09, it was an amazing year. Not saying the acts have or haven't been better.... but the whole thing was just so amazing. Pitching my tent like RIGHT THERE, within site of the venue entrance, on the fresh lovely polo fields. This year they had us camping a mile and a half away? It's insulting that they charged people to camp there, honestly. If you were tent camping, and you disagree.... please feel free to submit your counterpoint. You're the man. If you car camped, and think you have a valid thought considering tent camping, don't bother. Car Camping killed music on Thursday night. Believe it, kiddies.

irthesteve
04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
I can't believe people are complaining about Coachella and blaming anyone but themselves.

The bottom line is that Coachella is what you make it. If you have a great time, it's because you did so consciously. If you had a terrible time, it is most likely due to your own problems and issues. Don't blame anyone but yourself.

spiggums
04-18-2011, 05:49 PM
The bottom line is that Coachella is what you make it. If you have a great time, it's because you did so consciously. If you had a terrible time, it is most likely due to your own problems and issues. Don't blame anyone but yourself.

QFT!

nathanfairchild
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
There is art to see, people to meet, chics to hit on, warm beer to drink, I find it hard to believe that there wasn't "anything" worth seeing. Live a little.

u mad? listen, you do chella your way, i do chella my way. that's the beauty of it. look at the time i posted, what do you think i was doing since the gates opened that day. being human i require a little rest every now and then so i jumped on here to check out what other people were thinking of the festival. if this seriously bothers you then get the fuck over it.

Suffacated
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM

I thought i was.

emllik
04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I thought i was.

You think, therefor you am.

TomAz
04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Consider your presence before marking the intelligence of others.

I am smarter than anyone you've ever met. Guaranteed.

leksag
04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I lost my wallet on the first day and got separated from my friends. I was pretty bummed out and wandered into Lauryn Hill's set and that performance completely changed my mood. From that point on I had the best time of my life! 362 days till the next one!

jonniebgood
04-18-2011, 09:23 PM
This year was an amazing Coachella!!! I agree that it was the best I've been to; hands down!!!
I hate to complain about anything, and really, I'm not. But maybe GV will read some of the more understandable 'complaints' and see them as 'comments'.
My only thing was shade.
It would be really cool if some of the arts incorporated shade into the theme. Especially close to the main and outdoor stages. Every year Coachella is sunny and last year the oragami swan was like 50 canopies in one, but this year was that huge 'untitled' or 'unopen' reflective thing didn't provide shade for more than 100 people at a time. As I get older, I plan to keep returning to Coachella and I know I won't always be able to beat the heat.
But that's only one complaint out of millions of compliments.
And if they want my money in return for priceless happiness... that's fine with me.

darkjustice
04-18-2011, 09:28 PM
chumpy thread

emllik
04-18-2011, 09:37 PM
I am smarter than anyone you've ever met. Guaranteed.

That seems quite incredible, considering you type and think considerably similarly to every high schooler with an IQ between 95-105. Look at the big brain on Tom! Does that potential third digit make your phillip feel fatter? Stick to being a high school janitor who trolls message boards and myspace during his nights, and I think you'll do just fine ; )

Radiohead
04-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I always think that the debates about whether GV only cares about money are sort of funny. Of course they care about maximizing profits, but it's pretty clear that part of their business model is to build the reputation of the festival in the long term, which requires that they don't cash in on every opportunity to sell an extra ticket or whore out ad space on the stages. From the looks of things, they've built a very profitable brand that a lot of people enjoy. I think it's a little immature to say that a company is bad just because it cares about making money.

emllik
04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
On a side note, I don't think many regulars from this site used the tent camping this year. I posted a thread about it, and some guy from car camping commented on how "the tent camping site looked like ass." I posted the thread with no negatives or positives to draw on, just looking for opinions. It's obvious that tent campers got shafted, and that was, by far, the largest complaint, from this year and last. STOP FUCKING YOUR TENT CAMPERS!!!!!

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48496

emllik
04-18-2011, 09:47 PM
I always think that the debates about whether GV only cares about money are sort of funny. Of course they care about maximizing profits, but it's pretty clear that part of their business model is to build the reputation of the festival in the long term, which requires that they don't cash in on every opportunity to sell an extra ticket or whore out ad space on the stages. From the looks of things, they've built a very profitable brand that a lot of people enjoy. I think it's a little immature to say that a company is bad just because it cares about making money.

I wouldn't say they're bad, not by far. I dig what they do, for the most. Every company is built off of maximizing profits, and cutting losses. That's perfect, and I do see how they've made certain attempts. The past two years have been tainted by how they've shafted me, as a tent camper. After last year, I never would have believed the tent camping could have actually gotten worse. How very wrong I was =) What a joke, really. I hope they do away with tent camping (which will leave me, and a lot of people who jet into PS the day before the show shit out of luck). Not sure what I'll do then, but I'm sure I'll figure it out, for the better =) You can only maximize space so much before you're eating your own dick out of your asshole, wondering how it got there. BEELEE DAT, NIGGUNS

obzen
04-18-2011, 09:58 PM
lulz, 909 mutant.

emllik
04-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Also... did anyone notice how underbuilt a lot of the sets were this year? I guess that's what happens when you have Monko and company building shit for you. Plywood floors that sink in the corners? Are you kidding me? I realize they're temp-sets/stages, whatever.... but considering what people spend on the tickets alone, on the price to get there, to be there, to stay there.... they should beef up everything a bit. The "new are" on the grounds where they placed the Dome, the food court, and the food tent, looked like it had JUST BEEN CREATED on Friday morning. It had that extremely shitty quality you see in Hell, bad dreams, and epixfail80sBmovies. The elevation of the dirt leading from the Ferris wheel on both sides was WAY too steep to be legit for wheelchair usage (which could also be seen in tent camping horrible layout). It seemed to me that they just threw a lot of it together. I dug the new lighting schemes they had this year... but that didn't make up for the lacking quality in other areas.

emllik
04-18-2011, 10:03 PM
lulz, 909 mutant.

^^^Exactly. Lulz are what women go through when you attempt to stick it in. LA WOMAN. LA WOMAN GONNA HAVE TO DO. RIDE HER FOR A MINUTE.... TIP HER TWO.

obzen
04-18-2011, 10:04 PM
What's the matter guy, San Burnaretardo?

nathanfairchild
04-18-2011, 10:12 PM
you keep bitching about the tent camping, i was a tent camper only last year and i was in a lot very close to the entrance. I felt it was just fine. and this year i car camped. i had to rent a car to do this, seeing as i came from texas. you live in california, what's your excuse?

emllik
04-18-2011, 10:16 PM
What's the matter guy, San Burnaretardo?

Sure, Los Angelessthanfivebutshesaysitsagoodsize =)

emllik
04-18-2011, 10:22 PM
you keep bitching about the tent camping, i was a tent camper only last year and i was in a lot very close to the entrance. I felt it was just fine. and this year i car camped. i had to rent a car to do this, seeing as i came from texas. you live in california, what's your excuse?

As I said, if you weren't there, no need to comment. Those who were there know exactly how shitty it was. I didn't drive in because I didn't want to be a part of that nightmare, because I have family who live in Yucca who can pick me up and drop me off, because I wasn't planning on a shafting. If you don't like it, why not read a thread dedicated to the positives? Honestly, I could give a big dick less what you think on the matter. I've got one to give, and not afraid to give it. The point is that tent camping this year, considering the shithole it was, should have been free. Last year was pretty bad, if you tent camped in 09. This year was ten times worse than '10, and about a hundred times worse than '09. The benefit, solely, being that security was even so disgusted by the sight of the site that you could basically do whatever the fuck you wanted, as long as you waited for security to do their single patrol of the grounds between eight and nine. You can go ahead and counter-bitch/brown nose to the best of your abilities... but it'll only assure me that you weren't there, as you've stated =) I heard in 2012 they're going to host tent camping in the compost pile. Can't wait!

wewantmuse
04-18-2011, 10:23 PM
My only complaint for this year: all of the cart/food workers demanding tips. Almost every time I got food/lemonade/water, they would blatantly harass me for a tip and were dicks if I didn't tip them for reaching their hand into an ice chest and pulling out a drink.

obzen
04-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Dick on emilk's mind.

emllik
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Dick on emilk's mind.

He's my partner in crime. Don't touch a twat without it, mine keenest of kiddies. Dick on my mind, on your mind. Ohhhhhhhh

obzen
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM

no.

nathanfairchild
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
As I said, if you weren't there, no need to comment. Those who were there know exactly how shitty it was. I didn't drive in because I didn't want to be a part of that nightmare, because I have family who live in Yucca who can pick me up and drop me off, because I wasn't planning on a shafting. If you don't like it, why not read a thread dedicated to the positives? Honestly, I could give a big dick less what you think on the matter. I've got one to give, and not afraid to give it. The point is that tent camping this year, considering the shithole it was, should have been free. Last year was pretty bad, if you tent camped in 09. This year was ten times worse than '10, and about a hundred times worse than '09. The benefit, solely, being that security was even so disgusted by the sight of the site that you could basically do whatever the fuck you wanted, as long as you waited for security to do their single patrol of the grounds between eight and nine. You can go ahead and counter-bitch/brown nose to the best of your abilities... but it'll only assure me that you weren't there, as you've stated =) I heard in 2012 they're going to host tent camping in the compost pile. Can't wait!

settle down. don't be mad. in what way was the car camping a nightmare? sure there was a wait to get in, but then it was really smooth. it took me maybe 5 minutes to leave after the festival.

emllik
04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
My only complaint for this year: all of the cart/food workers demanding tips. Almost every time I got food/lemonade/water, they would blatantly harass me for a tip and were dicks if I didn't tip them for reaching their hand into an ice chest and pulling out a drink.

That's right. I always tip on beer, and I never tip on water. Don't ask me why, guess I'm just stingey.... or selective, or both. Possibly even a moron. I don't tip for anything that covers most of my worlds crust. It's absurd that I was asked by some snotty fuck last night to tip for a warm bottle of water. Maybe I was just fatigued from the weekend, drunk, fiending for a vic, too stoned to care about my fiendings.... but I didn't want to hear that. I'm automatic about my tipping. If you ask for a tip, it's coming out of your tip.

emllik
04-18-2011, 10:49 PM
settle down. don't be mad. in what way was the car camping a nightmare? sure there was a wait to get in, but then it was really smooth. it took me maybe 5 minutes to leave after the festival.

You must have left Post-PJ/Pre-Kanye, and/or been in a convenient lot? I've read plenty of bitching about it, but I honestly didn't see any of it. I saw a few cars had disappeared when Kanye was blapping on, but I was passed out cold by the time he did his thing, so I missed the major. Mostly, I enjoyed the camping setup in '09 perfectly. I had too much stuff to carry, but still managed (from the main gate at Ave. 51 walking to near the front of the venue... that was smooth, real close, real comfortable). Last year was nearly unaddressable.... considering one was being expected to walk with all of their camping gear from the entrance (basically as they had it this year, lines of cars going to different stands to get searched, tenters going to one side) at 52nd Ave. to Lot 4, which is in between Ave 51 and Ave 50, way too far... Considering the distance from tent to venue entrance was at least ten times farther (with the bonus of in-outs, which was cool, but fucked up on the feet), and in a sort of obscure lot. Kind of cool, kind of weird, definitely acceptable as far as look and feel went. The only complaint once actually getting the spot was the additional distance, due to the car camping. This year was good on the distance from check-in to campspot... but it was "a pit" as someone else observing it (car camper haha) stated. The distance from tent to venue entrance must have been a mile? and a half? It was the farthest site from the venue, with a major access road being used part time. Definitely not the most comfortable spot possible. This is where is becomes a point of engrossing capitalism. Sell the same amount of tickets to the show, and give the tent campers suitable grounds that were going to be used for a third as many car campers (maybe half... it seems that the car campers had two to three times the space of tent campers. Not sure exactly), or put them in the pit? Pit. It'll just make them thirstier. Beyond that, the little nothing general store we had out there was practically never stocked (once a day or so they got a few bags of ice, corn-pipes, bottom of the box bandanas, scuffed sunglasses veiled with dust... you know the stuff, you were there). I don't know... it just seemed like a second-thought money scheme. "You know....... we could fit in fifty more car campers if we just...." I understand that a lot of you are offended by the negativity of this, as you take pride in the show. So do I! I always throw my trash away, keep a clean camp, never start anything. It is the epicfailchella thread..... Just smoked a blunt, got stirred, gonna get tail... happy =) Don't take it the wrong way, I just want revision, if possible

Changoloco
04-19-2011, 08:33 AM

Yeah they don't want money, what am I thinking? They just do it out of the goodness of their hearts, right? Is that what you are saying? You, unfine sir, have a lot to learn about business.

Changoloco
04-19-2011, 08:37 AM
u mad? listen, you do chella your way, i do chella my way. that's the beauty of it. look at the time i posted, what do you think i was doing since the gates opened that day. being human i require a little rest every now and then so i jumped on here to check out what other people were thinking of the festival. if this seriously bothers you then get the fuck over it.

No I am not mad but in all of my 7 years at Coachella, I never had the time to post on a message board. I was too busy dancing, drinking, talking to people, and getting laid. It is ok to put the internet down when you are at a music festival and join in the party.

I hope that you get a computer with a shift button soon.

Changoloco
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM

And FYI, I am sure that at the time that you were on the message boards, "to check out what other people were thinking of the festival" you may have been near some physical human beings that could've told you what they thought of the festival.