PDA

View Full Version : technicaldifficultieschella

rasooli
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
I didn't go to Coachella this year, but from what I hear this is the year of technical difficulties.

Magnetic Man
Black Keys
Titus Andronicus
Problems with the mainstage
etc.

I'd take technicaldifficultieschella over Clusterfuckchella anyday though.

Apex17
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
ya from watching the webcast /what ive been reading and hearing, we arent missing much this year compared to years past....

motherofmothera
04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I was about to post the same thing too. Whoever is running Gobi this year likely has downs syndrome. The sound is awful even for bands that usually have great live sets.

rasooli
04-16-2011, 02:29 PM
ya from watching the webcast /what ive been reading and hearing, we arent missing much this year compared to years past....

Perhaps. The reason I didnt go this year was bc of the lineup, which just didnt do it for me. Happy to see the clusterfuck situation is cleared up....it became almost unbearable last year.

Apex17
04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
sounds like the engineers/ light rigging crew were contracted out by special olympics this year.

rasooli
04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I was about to post the same thing too. Whoever is running Gobi this year likely has downs syndrome. The sound is awful even for bands that usually have great live sets.

Haven't they upgraded the soundsystem in all the tents the past year or two?

Apex17
04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
ya but you cant have bar engineers working festivals...

K3N5T3R
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM
yea, I hope that stage falls apart by the end of last set sunday..

djjoshchambers
04-17-2011, 09:43 AM
The kinks in sound seemed to be cleared up yesterday. Sure some fine tuning could still be done but I had no issues yesterday.

ChiTownHeat
04-18-2011, 12:56 PM
The sound in the Mojave was pretty low a lot of the time, like for Cut Copy (2/3 of the way back) which was surprising since my ears usually bleed at Coachella. But maybe that's because I'm usually in the Sahara most of the weekend and didn't see much there this weekend. I was just surprised that you could hear people talking to each other so easily at several of the sets in the Gobi and Mojave. Robyn was actually louder or at least sounded better when we walked away outside of the tent than in the 10th row.

pachucasunrise
04-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Erykah Badu got hit with some pretty bad mixing and sound problems. Odd Future even started about 15 minutes late because the sound guy couldn't work with Syd's laptop.

Tandemind
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Add Tinie Tempah and Foster the People to the list, although when they finally got the issues sorted out they both brought the fucking house down. So good.

Brochella
04-18-2011, 02:58 PM
The technical difficulties for the Chems was unforgivable.

GuyInTucson
04-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Didn't someone here ask one of the sound guys during Magnetic Man's set about the technical difficulties only to be informed that it was Magnetic Man's fault?

SuperFocus
04-18-2011, 03:00 PM
The technical difficulties for the Chems was unforgivable.

This...

SuperFocus
04-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Didn't someone here ask one of the sound guys during Magnetic Man's set about the technical difficulties only to be informed that it was Magnetic Man's fault?

Yes it was magnetic mans fault. I talked to him, funny side story is that his name was Milk. He was on the phone constantly during the set telling them to fix the sound at their end, and they didn't get the message until the last 5 minutes.

shiezza
04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
agreed about the chem bros
same goes for ratatat and bloody beetroots. 2 of my favorite live acts and their sets were cut in half thanks to people before them running late/the sound crews sucking a dick. honestly standing for 30 minutes waiting for a show to start that was already supposed to is probably the number one way to kill a crowd's energy once it does. That was my first chem bros show and now i feel like i have to go to another since they didn't play the second (better) half of their set just to make up for it

K3N5T3R
04-18-2011, 03:38 PM
f*ck technical difficulties!

blackchango
04-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Lots of clipping coming from both the main stage and outdoor stage