PDA

View Full Version : It's raining depressed over the hill stand up comedians

mob roulette
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
richard jeni.

apparent suicide.

sad.

he was sort of funny back in the day. sort of.

details. (http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=254664&GT1=7703)

discuss if you want.

Mr.Nipples
03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
he was a great writer...R.I.P

SojuGorae
03-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Meanwhile, Carrot Top is still alive.

mob roulette
03-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Meanwhile, Carrot Top is still alive.

i know. got the cat in my death pool too. apparently he's making a comeback. asshole.

TomAz
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
This just in.. Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

bballarl
03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Shut up Tom you smart Az.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Tragic as any suicide is, what I want to know is, how the hell did he miss? How can you shoot yourself in the head and not die instantly?

jerpar24
03-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Tragic as any suicide is, what I want to know is, how the hell did he miss? How can you shoot yourself in the head and not die instantly?

You put the gun in your mouth and you don't point it up at the brain. It can be done.

blakely
03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
he was probably strung out on something or another..

smilingdownward
03-12-2007, 07:11 PM

it can get stuck in the skull or in-between the ventricles of the brain. most of the time they leave those in and ppl walk around with bullets in their head for the rest of their lifes. and if it was a buck shot it would/could have just ripped apart his mouth and throat, and ended up bleading to death.

Hannahrain
03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
some quotes...

"I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future."

"Way I see it, we're all on the Hindenburg, no use fighting over the window seat."

To be honest, I spent a long time looking for something really funny from Jeni. I didn't find much. He was funnier than the average dry cleaner or waitress, but he's definitely not the most memorable in his field.

Still, RIP and everything. Great comedian or not, it's still sad.

CuervoPH
03-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Hannah,

I did the same thing today at work...looked for quotes of his...there were things that made me laugh but nothing to the extent of a Bill Hicks or even a Mitch Hedberg (two other comedians who passed away way too early...)

Of actively performing comedians, I like Robert Schimmel, Mike Birbiglia, and for a bit cleaner humor, John Pinette...don't know that I would have gone out of my way to catch Jeni live...