PDA

View Full Version : Ever Gone To Coachella Sick?

IggyMeows
04-09-2011, 02:32 PM
OD'ing on amoxicillin and NyQuil isn't making me feel any better sooner than I'd want, so I'd like to hear stories of the biggest buzzkill of life. Have you gone sick? If so, how was your experience? I really hope to feel better by the time the weekend is over so I don't risk a chance of getting anyone else sick because opting out is not an option.

Tandemind
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Suck it up, pussy.

You still have 5 days to recover.

IggyMeows
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
I am and I will suck it up. I'm just bummed that my white blood cells decided to roll out the welcome mat the weekend before Coachella u_u"

algunz
04-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Be happy it's the weekend before.

JustSteve
04-09-2011, 02:44 PM
i'm going with a lung function of 37% this year as i wait to get listed for lung transplant. i am pretty much at some level of sickness every year i have gone and i make it through. i should also probably be on i.v.'s right now/in the hospital, but i am waiting until after coachella because it is that damn worth it. suck it up! :thu

stepup2stepout
04-09-2011, 02:47 PM
i'm going with a lung function of 37% this year as i wait to get listed for lung transplant. i am pretty much at some level of sickness every year i have gone and i make it through. i should also probably be on i.v.'s right now/in the hospital, but i am waiting until after coachella because it is that damn worth it. suck it up! :thu

And I thought the sniffles I'm feeling right now are bad.

gaypalmsprings
04-09-2011, 02:49 PM

I hope you get your transplant & you are 100% in 2012!

JustSteve
04-09-2011, 02:53 PM
i don't even know if i will be able to go out after a transplant due to the strict regimen of meds i will have to be on as well as possible issues with infection/rejection/etc. i am kinda treating this like my last coachella at this point...with me either being alive next year and having to miss or being gone from this earth due to complications if it all goes down. fun, eh? :)

thefrush
04-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Woke up this morning with a sore throat after the roommates turned the heater off last night. Been pounding vitamin c, water, and chicken noodle soup all day.

EDIT: JustSteve, inspirational man, love the commitment, all the best to you.

algunz
04-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Shit. Steve, that is crappy.

This will not be your last Coachella. Breathe easy and I hope to see you on the fields. :lips

fuck frankie
04-09-2011, 03:30 PM
i saw White Ring last October when i had a really nasty virus and was running 101 temp. the fog machine cleared me right up.

suprefan
04-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I went sick last year, it was no picnic. Just work through it, youll be ok. Felt a lot better by Saturday after some sleep and a shower.

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-09-2011, 03:33 PM
My daughter came down with strep throat last year at Coachella so we had to leave on Sunday afternoon and miss the epic-ness that was last years Sunday night which my oldest daughter stayed to participate in! I still love her though:-)))

Inthecolumbiagorge
04-09-2011, 03:35 PM

Make it more EPIC then ever before Steve!! Best of luck and total positive energy to you:-)

Desaparecidos
04-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I just got a cold sore a couple days ago. Not like serious at all just like a little blister at the corner of my lip but it is fucking annoying. Anyone have any miracle cures to subdue cold sores in 5 days?

algunz
04-09-2011, 03:48 PM
My advice . . . stop sucking on prostitutes.

PrettyRagdoll
04-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Doing it this year. Had to issue over a thousand promises that if I felt worse I'd leave early

PrettyRagdoll
04-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Woke up this morning with a sore throat after the roommates turned the heater off last night. Been pounding vitamin c, water, and chicken noodle soup all day.

EDIT: JustSteve, inspirational man, love the commitment, all the best to you.

Sac's weather has been killing me as well! My Roommate and I are cheap so we never had our heating connected

Desaparecidos
04-09-2011, 04:16 PM
My advice . . . stop sucking on prostitutes.

No can do boss, you've got it to I guarantee it.

Lithium
04-09-2011, 05:13 PM
i went last year diagnosed with cancer with chemo the next day. suck it up and party

concertgoer
04-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I got the Coachella flu on the last day in 2010.
Hopefully I can avoid that this year

Boourns
04-09-2011, 06:10 PM
I went there sick last year, got sick while at the fest in 2007, and got sick a day or two later in 08 and 09. Sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It's better to go while recovering than to go and get sick while there, though. I felt better last year having been on antibiotics for a few days than at Glastonbury where I got sick the first night, went to the doctor thursday morning, and the antibiotics didn't start kicking in until Sunday.

pinkladyam
04-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Rest as much as possible and try to take maybe some theraflu? I'm getting over some b/s sickness myself. No picnic.

send me ctrpllrs
04-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I woke up this morning sick, started feeling it last night. This better go away, preferably tomorrow. I've got a very long drive very early monday morning for Animal Collective. I have work at 5:30 am tomorrow, so not much sleep won't help.

TomAz
04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I donated a kidney on Saturday last year during a downtime between sets.

emllik
04-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I donated a kidney on Saturday last year during a downtime between sets.

I'm going this year with busted ribs. There's no way I'd miss it... sick, busted ribs, an arm off. Crippleche11a for me! Can't wait to fall asleep on the grounds haha If anyone wants to help medicate... =P

TomAz
04-09-2011, 09:29 PM
it's only a flesh wound.

sandra85
04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
For the first time in my life, allergies kicked up last year. I've NEVER had any type of allergic anything and they decided to make their debut appearance at Coachella last year, and they came out in full force. It sucked sooooooo bad and it seriously made the experience pretty bad. They haven't made an appearance since but I'm not taking any risks this time around - buying allergy medicine tomorrow.

clumsy342
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Last year sucked balls for me.
I woke up Thursday night with a bad sore throat and proceeded to get sicker and sicker throughout the whole weekend.
and the icing on the cake? ...
I woke up on Sunday night with the WORST bloody nose I've ever had.
So yeah, great end to the weekend...
broken dreams and bloody socks.

ADrunkPoet
04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Woke up Friday morning in 2007 feeling worse than I have ever felt in my life via extreme hangover. I got by.

boarderwoozel3
04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Tons of rest, vitamin C, and fluids until showtime. You'll be fine.

I got pretty sick on Sat. night and Sun. of 08. Puking out tent etc. Also, I missed nothing. Had to suck it up and carry on.

Alfimedo Martinez
04-09-2011, 10:53 PM
aLWAYS....SIK AS FUK!!!!

Media Blitz
04-09-2011, 11:07 PM
You'll be fine by next weekend if you attack it with vitamins and good foods.

rskapcat
04-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Allergies are pretty rough right now. I sound like Ma from Ma's Roadhouse.

Mabdul Doobakus
04-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Coachella is where I learned that I'm allergic to horses. I could barely breathe on the 2nd day way back in 2004 and had to leave about halfway through the day. Camping was obviously a mistake. Now we stay in a hotel, and I don't allow myself to sit on the ground all day. Between the horses and all the smoking and what not, I still have to use an inhaler a couple times a day (Coachella is really the only place I ever need an inhaler). But I find that I feel perfectly fine as long as there's music playing. Most of the trouble is when I'm standing around, packed into a crowd, waiting for someone to take the stage.

alpharuin
04-10-2011, 09:10 PM
No, but you can be darn sure that by Sunday evening half of us will have caught the "Coachella Flu."

Neighborhood Creep
04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
I am sick too. Sneezing and coughing all day. Hoping it clears up by Tuesday when I fly to LA

kcreag
04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Mind over matter.

chairmenmeow47
04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
i got sick like the day before in 2009. dayquil, neti-pots, cough drops & tissues helped.

thefrush
04-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Turns out that sore throad I had was tonsillitis. Let's hope this goes away by Thursday...

emllik
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Mind over matter.

if you don't mind, it doesn't matter ; D

RobertL
04-11-2011, 12:41 PM
OD'ing on amoxicillin and NyQuil isn't making me feel any better sooner than I'd want, so I'd like to hear stories of the biggest buzzkill of life. Have you gone sick? If so, how was your experience? I really hope to feel better by the time the weekend is over so I don't risk a chance of getting anyone else sick because opting out is not an option.

Just start drinking when you get there, stay drunk and deal with it monday afternoon.

emllik
04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Just start drinking when you get there, stay drunk and deal with it monday afternoon.

Yep. The 151 seems to work much better than the advil I was using for my broken rib. A shot of 151 every two hours or so, and you should be good to go... though you'll likely be shit faced by ten o'clock, sleeping most of the next day (nothing like catching your first live shows after 2pm though, right???)

Sexecutioner
04-11-2011, 01:07 PM
i don't even know if i will be able to go out after a transplant due to the strict regimen of meds i will have to be on as well as possible issues with infection/rejection/etc. i am kinda treating this like my last coachella at this point...with me either being alive next year and having to miss or being gone from this earth due to complications if it all goes down. fun, eh? :)

Good luck Steve. I'll be praying to the rock n roll gods that you make it back again.

reverb
04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
i went one year with pneumonia.

i was already on antibiotics...didn't push myself too hard...made sure i had a handkerchief that i'd moisten to protect myself a bit from the dust getting in and out of the venue.

i made it through not only unscathed, but i think the weather actually helped my situation.

good luck!

JustSteve
04-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Good luck Steve. I'll be praying to the rock n roll gods that you make it back again.

thanks...maybe i can borrow wayne coyne's bubble?

emllik
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
i went one year with pneumonia.

i was already on antibiotics...didn't push myself too hard...made sure i had a handkerchief that i'd moisten to protect myself a bit from the dust getting in and out of the venue.

i made it through not only unscathed, but i think the weather actually helped my situation.

good luck!

There definitely comes a time in every sickness where you have to stop babying yourself, and get out of the house. The sunshine helps immensely, if you're of body to be immersed in it

emllik
04-11-2011, 01:17 PM
thanks...maybe i can borrow wayne coyne's bubble?

The bubble was a cool idea, but mostly retarded. You could really fuck yourself up in one of those things. If you borrow the bubble, you have to promise to get it rolling at speeds of at least fifteen miles an hour. Like you have a midget hanging from your necklace, running festers down, no offense midgets, using tents as your ramps... yes... If you promise to do it right, you can have the bubble...

boyalien0
04-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Just got over an intense 72-hour fever last night/this morning, and I am so, so, so fucking happy.

JustSteve
04-11-2011, 01:22 PM
The bubble was a cool idea, but mostly retarded. You could really fuck yourself up in one of those things. If you borrow the bubble, you have to promise to get it rolling at speeds of at least fifteen miles an hour. Like you have a midget hanging from your necklace, running festers down, no offense midgets, using tents as your ramps... yes... If you promise to do it right, you can have the bubble...

oh, i'd figure a way out to put one of those rascal scooter's in it.

emllik
04-11-2011, 02:32 PM
oh, i'd figure a way out to put one of those rascal scooter's in it.

With an ice chest full of beer, on wheels, rolling next to you? Haha do it!

Brochella
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I got sick last year and it fucking sucked. I still partied/abused substances/etc and had a good time, but I ended up being sick for 2 weeks afterwards. NOT fun. I just started feeling a twinge of a sore throat the other day, so I'm loading up on Cold-eeze, Echinacea, Zinc, Vitamin C, Green Tea, etc until the weekend, plus get as much sleep as I can. Not much else you can do.

johnnypolite
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Last year had the worst plantar wart and it really sucked walking around. But once the music starts you kinda forget about teh pain.

braundiggity
04-11-2011, 02:44 PM
No, but you can be darn sure that by Sunday evening half of us will have caught the "Coachella Flu."

Oh man, the Coachella Flu is the worst.

I've been sick all weekend, really hoping it'll be gone by Friday. Zinc, people. Zinc and vitamin C.