PDA

View Full Version : BUSDRIVER (show report + Coachella info!!!)

C DUB YA
03-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Went to the RJD2 / Busdriver show in C-bus Friday night. Some of you wanted a report on how Busdriver and the new RJ stuff went over.

Here ya go:

RJD2 played a good show - not great. I'm afraid the new stuff is kinda weak, or maybe that its just so different and so new, either way people weren't feeling it. 75% of his show is live instrumentation of his own songs including past favorites, then there is a nice 30 minute chunk of him dj-ing by himself. This was the best part of the show imho.(live band version of The Horror was amazing though)

Busdriver - super surprising and really fun. This guy is going to kill at Coachella, even if he's on early (more on that at the bottom). His rapping skills (freestyle included) are fast and furious, he looked as if he had a great time, even though he said he was real sick. They (Busdriver and Anti MC) brought out some sweet samples for this live show including Daft Punk, Pet Shop Boys and The Super Furry Animals' "A Touch Sensitive" that was in-behind the song Gun Control, it was awesome.

I talked to him briefly at the merch table after the show. I asked him about his Coachella slot. He said he was in the GOBI TENT and was either the first or second act on, seemed a little bummed about it, but I said I'll see him there, and he smiled. Nice dude.

As soon as youtube finishes uploading my short digi vids - I'll put one or two on here, so you'll see what I'm talking about. The vids come complete with party hats, because as busdriver said, "when I'm on stage, its party time".

AEversW
03-11-2007, 08:14 PM
cool...i bet it will be him and Brother Ali 1-2 in the Gobi this year...looks like thats where ill be starting my coachella.

Boourns
03-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Coolness, thanks for the report. We should have a thread dedicated to this sort of thing.

So we know the following:
Busdriver - Gobi early in the day
Placebo - Outdoor Theater sometime
Arcade Fire - Main stage before RHCP
Tiesto - Main stage after RHCP
RHCP - duh
Rage - duh
Bjork - duh

AEversW
03-11-2007, 09:38 PM
MSTRKRFT @ 10 on saturday.

C DUB YA
03-11-2007, 10:06 PM
here are some quick vids - sorry for the usual crappy digi camera sound, but that is the SFA song A Touch Sensitive you are hearing.

CYjC82hJkvs

C DUB YA
03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Here is a quick look at RJD2 as well.
W25RVOIEvgo

C DUB YA
03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
one more featuring Busdriver and a very familiar sample...
A1kpkdNEZkA

RATMan
03-11-2007, 10:17 PM
time to get some bass rolloff mics

C DUB YA
03-11-2007, 10:18 PM
ok.

RATMan
03-11-2007, 10:20 PM
no worries, it will help you the next time you try to film a show

C DUB YA
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I wasn't trying to "film" a show George Lucas, I just happened to have a digi cam, (as in one for stills), in my jacket. The only reason I recorded those small clips is because a few people were interested on this board, so I just added a few small low rez clips for the benefit of those who give a crap about seeing Busdriver at Coachella, I wasn't trying to film a show.

RATMan
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
No prob, just trying to help.

smokealotapotamus
03-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks a bunch dude, I wont be making it to Coach. but Im planning on catching RJD2 in Seattle, and maybe Busdriver if he does any unscheduled touring in the NW. The videos are appreciated, Busdriver looks like he was having a good time.

C DUB YA
03-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Yeah - even being sick and all, I think he did.

ghettojournalist
03-12-2007, 09:05 AM
thanks man.
looks like i'll be seeing brother ali again if indeed he will be paired with busdriver.

apachedino
03-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Anyone seen him live, when I first listened to him I didn't really like it, but since then he has grown on me. I could see his live rhymes gettin a little muddled though. If there are no conflicts I would like to see him though. Brother Ali is pretty good live, although I didn't see him a Coachella last year Atmosphere came to my town the next week and he opened.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I liked Temporary Forever well enough but you can't even understand what he's saying on record, much less live. Plus his new albums are shitty and his DJ is kind of weird. Either play off a DAT or get a real DJ, but he's kind of inbetween with the MPC drumming and it only kind of works. I just saw him in November and it wasn't a great show at all. I'll only see him at Coachella if there are no conflicts.

And Brother Ali fucking rocks live. Go see him.

ragingdave
03-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I :pulse Busdriver.

:dumbo :dumbo :dumbo

woogie846
03-28-2007, 11:12 AM
I'll definetely be seeing Busdriver, I was pretty bummed I missed his show at Amoeba.

JWBIII
03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I bet Busdriver will be fun. I hope I get to see him at Coachella.

In response to the first post, yep, RJD2's new stuff sucks major ass.

boyalien0
03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
well shit, sounds like that's going to be one packed Gobi tent.