PDA

View Full Version : Rage haters?

Pages : [1] 2 3

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays.

Rage Against the Machine raised me. Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever. This band single handedly inspired me to critically think for myself. Talk about year of tha boomerang. It's time to rock. The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.

I just hope it doesn't sell out on day 1.

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something. Oh man that's just too much to comprehend at this point.

suprefan
01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I already know some kids who are going to cry Moz style when Rage hits the stage..

alpharuin
01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something..

lol

sighlent
01-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays.

Rage Against the Machine raised me. Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever. This band single handedly inspired me to critically think for myself. Talk about year of tha boomerang. It's time to rock. The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.

I just hope it doesn't sell out on day 1.

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something. Oh man that's just too much to comprehend at this point.

Well I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW.

NoneForMeThanks
01-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Well I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW.

I thought it just needed a wash?

Trailmix
01-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Needs more options. Like Rage but not that excited due to the Tool of '07 effect.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 06:22 PM
fuck you sighlent, fuck you right in the goat ass.

even if they turned into complete capitalist pigs, which i am entirely convinced is not the case; they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps millions of people, even in the event that what you say is true, which i will swear on my arms and legs isn't - they would still have a net positive influence on popular struggle all over the planet, and not by just a few letters to the editor here and there, but by a large margin. you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 06:22 PM

Well when you live in America and you get offered 1.5M to play a concert with band members you refused to play with before... you don't wash your Beemers, you buy new ones.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 06:27 PM

even if they turned into complete capitalist pigs, which i am entirely convinced is not the case; they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps millions of people, even in the event that what you say is true, which i will swear on my arms and legs isn't - they would still have a net positive influence on popular struggle all over the planet, and not by just a few letters to the editor here and there, but by a large margin. you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.

I can see the positive results listening to Rage has had on you...

how are you convinced it is not the case, the band has made no statement, better get used to being called Bob when you're swimming if you're betting your arms and legs.

how is playing to at MOST 60,000? (full occupancy at coachella) of mildly to very affluent individuals going to have a positive influence on popular struggle (wtf is that, what kind of struggle is popular) of the planet...

why am i a biggot of a psychopath?

The Nichole
01-22-2007, 06:28 PM
I do enjoy the fact that RATM have more political lyrics than the normal band... but can anyone say rap rock? I am sorry, i am not trying to directly offend you, and i am NOT emo, but i am dissapointed that the band will probably attract rude mosh pit dudes that will damper the calm laid back atmosphere. But i guess i can just watch another band during their set to avoid that! :)

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Thats right, it definately will hamper the whatever the hell you wanna call it atmosphere you think is going to be there. Go away and sit down calmly to a nice Willie Nelson show. Maybe if you're lucky he'll throw out free geriatric slippers and you can all discuss social policy in your hotel rooms afterwards comfortably with a nice cup of orange pekoe. Christ grow a backbone, get out there and rock. Oh wait, you might break it. Screw having fun, let's just avoid breaking a sweat because you don't want to offend people.

I know I'll still be rocking out to RATM looking like a goofball when I'm pushing 60.

woogie846
01-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Simple as this. Am I excited to see Rage? Oh hellz yes. But I just don't want people getting violent or getting hurt. I find Coachella very peaceful, and the last thing I want it to do is turn into chaos.

boyalien0
01-22-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah, dude, but threatening to beat on people is exactly what makes me afraid of the crowd RATM will draw. can you enjoy the show while leaving me the fuck alone?

The Nichole
01-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Exactly.

faxman75
01-22-2007, 06:44 PM
I would just like to say to those of you who hate Tool fans and hate Madonna fans, as much as I love Rage I have seen them twice and their fans are fucking moshing ragine lunatics. I saw them at the Tibetin Freedom concert and wondered what in the world the Dahli Llama would think of the bruising and slam dancing and near riot conditions that went on.

I'll be watching from the back.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 06:45 PM
The first ever Coachella headlined RATM, I hope people haven't forgotten what it is like to have their faces rocked off.

JiveAssTurkey
01-22-2007, 06:54 PM
BoyAlien, you a fuckin pussy!!! I'm going to start a hurricane mosh pit and smash your fuckin hipster glasses and your fuckin fanny pack, you chump!!!

microcuts
01-22-2007, 06:56 PM
you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.

You give Rage fans such a good name. Really.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 06:56 PM
You can't handle thousands of people freaking out satisfying an itch that's been in the back of their throat for 7 years unless you are one of them. If you don't want to deal with raging ragers raging about rage during a rage show, don't go to the rage show. I want to break my fucking neck and back at this concert, so please don't show up.

Obviously I'm being entirely serious when I say I'm going to beat people up at a music show. Also wishing someone to get hit by a bus is totally in the realm of absolutely normality. Christ, get bent you fucking trolls.

laineinla
01-22-2007, 06:59 PM
i imagine with RATM headlining the third and final night people will be all too nice, tired/exhausted to do *that* much moshing (the folks we have to worry about are the people coming ONLY for that night, for that band :) ...

and yes, i'm a RATM fan. caught 'em in '99 at coachella and never thought i'd see the day they'd reunite... can i hope for a maynard guest appearance again? that would be fan-ta-stic.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 07:00 PM
great way to avoid my questions johnill604

boyalien0
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
jesus christ you people are the scum of the earth.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 07:13 PM
I can see the positive results listening to Rage has had on you...

how are you convinced it is not the case, the band has made no statement, better get used to being called Bob when you're swimming if you're betting your arms and legs.

how is playing to at MOST 60,000? (full occupancy at coachella) of mildly to very affluent individuals going to have a positive influence on popular struggle (wtf is that, what kind of struggle is popular) of the planet...

why am i a biggot of a psychopath?

In response to your mendacity of a post;
The bands entire existence is enough of a statement for me to be convinced that they are genuine. I can't believe you would even imply that they sold out. My point is that your supposed mildly to very affluent individuals are going to be dwarfed by the amount of RATM fans who will show up from all over the world almost exclusively for RATM.

Nobody called you a biggot of a psychopath
I called you a psychopathic biggot.

Take elementary courses in reading comprehension, and then (maybe) you might not find yourself the fortunate winner of a darwin award.

jackstraw94086
01-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Once again the annual token angry band's fans choose to caricature themselves. This is the best part of the coachella message board.

macuna@ucsc.edu
01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I would just like to say to those of you who hate Tool fans and hate Madonna fans, as much as I love Rage I have seen them twice and their fans are fucking moshing ragine lunatics. I saw them at the Tibetin Freedom concert and wondered what in the world the Dahli Llama would think of the bruising and slam dancing and near riot conditions that went on.

I'll be watching from the back.

damn, I'm sorry you're so put off by people getting down in a different way than you do... i'd hate to think of what it's like to live your life so afraid of getting bruises that you miss out on rowdy rock-outs

wmgaretjax
01-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm a big RATM fan, have been since I was a little kid. I'll dance my ass off for sure, but I also know how to show people around me proper respect. Here's to hoping assholes like these don't ruin the show.

MakeItSantoriTimes
01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
hey guys just realize on that April Sunday night you'll be leaving Coachella thinking "oh my god Rage just rocked the shit out of me."

sighlent
01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
In response to your mendacity of a post;
The bands entire existence is enough of a statement for me to be convinced that they are genuine. I can't believe you would even imply that they sold out. My point is that your supposed mildly to very affluent individuals are going to be dwarfed by the amount of RATM fans who will show up from all over the world almost exclusively for RATM.

Nobody called you a biggot of a psychopath
I called you a psychopathic biggot.

Take elementary courses in reading comprehension, and then (maybe) you might not find yourself the fortunate winner of a darwin award.

the R key and the F key are right next to each other, i meant OR... guess you didn't take that into consideration... nor did you offer any explanation. if this were a horror movie and you were black, you'd be dead by now.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM

I'm glad you think that way, please don't show up and save space for the thousands of devote RATM fans that will take your seat happily.

dizfactor
01-22-2007, 07:32 PM

I don't think that will be a problem. There's another stage and three tents where people usually go when the artist on the main stage is crap. Why stand around whining when there's so much else going on? Have you ever been to Coachella before?

Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever.

You're joking, right?

The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.

There's no way that RATM is going to be bigger than Radiohead in '04. I don't even really like Radiohead, but their fanbase is just much, much bigger.

they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps dozens of people,

Fixed.

you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.

So, about those critical thinking skills you mentioned earlier....

Thats right, it definately will hamper the whatever the hell you wanna call it atmosphere you think is going to be there.

Again, have you ever been to Coachella? The crowd is pretty mellow overall, and we like it that way.

Christ grow a backbone, get out there and rock.

Christ, grow a booty! Get out there and dance!

Screw having fun, let's just avoid breaking a sweat because you don't want to offend people.

I know this might come as a shock to you, but many of us have found that we enjoy different things, things which may not seem fun to you.

Personally, I have a lot of fun listening to really innovative music with a knowledgeable and friendly crowd. I also have a lot of fun shaking my ass to really energetic dance music. Since RATM isn't especially interesting musically, and they don't make me want to shake my ass, I can't say I would have much fun at one of their shows.

And, really, frankly, I've got nothing to prove to you or anyone else about how hard I party or how badass I am.

yeah, dude, but threatening to beat on people is exactly what makes me afraid of the crowd RATM will draw. can you enjoy the show while leaving me the fuck alone?

QFT.

The first ever Coachella headlined RATM, I hope people haven't forgotten what it is like to have their faces rocked off.

Dude, are you a sock? Is this Jack Black posting under an assumed name?

You know Tenacious D is a parody, right?

BoyAlien, you a fuckin pussy!!! I'm going to start a hurricane mosh pit and smash your fuckin hipster glasses and your fuckin fanny pack, you chump!!!

Oooh, you're so tough, you can mosh! Your penis must be so very big! How do you even walk?

If you don't want to deal with raging ragers raging about rage during a rage show, don't go to the rage show.

We're not going to "the Rage show." We're going to Coachella, and we're sort of unhappy that Coachella is being invaded by people coming to go to "the Rage show."

Who are you to tell us not to show up at an event we've been supporting for years, and which we will be continuing to support next year when the RATM fans have returned to whacking off and doing bong hits in their parents' basement, bitching about how the Man is holding them down? You are coming to our event. It behooves you not to be an ass.

i imagine with RATM headlining the third and final night people will be all too nice, tired/exhausted to do *that* much moshing (the folks we have to worry about are the people coming ONLY for that night, for that band :) ...

There are going to be four other stages going on simultaneously. I think it's safe to assume that the meatheads will be concentrated by the main stage. I just worry that during the rest of the day they'll be making nuisances of themselves while waiting impatiently to have their faces rocked off.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm a big RATM fan, have been since I was a little kid. I'll dance my ass off for sure, but I also know how to show people around me proper respect. Here's to hoping assholes like these don't ruin the show.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm not going to go around punching people or throwing my body into people. There is a way to rock your ass off without destroying everyone and everything around you, but I guess it's easier to be ignorant and lump together charged fans of any genre into one category, namely that of rioters and beer-bonging slipknot fans. I'm persuaded by the notion that most devote RATM fans can tell the difference between a show and a demonstration. Apparently expressing my pumpedness isn't cool for some crybaby bitches.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
you can look for me when i'm wearing this shirt

http://tinyurl.com/ywjpmd

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 07:41 PM
I am a crybaby bitch.

fixed. fuckass

Cmac5
01-22-2007, 07:44 PM
If I did cry, its because my life is complete after seeing Rage Against the Machine in concert, you can gladly slash my wrists, I'll be too happy to feel the pain

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
you can look for me when i'm wearing this shirt

http://tinyurl.com/ywjpmd

I'll look for a urine-soaked carcass in the alley. Good luck with your shirt, I hope you don't get yourself steamrolled by some X-TREME fans, bitch.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
If I did cry, its because my life is complete after seeing Rage Against the Machine in concert, you can gladly slash my wrists, I'll be too happy to feel the pain

Love it

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Coachella should be honored that Rage CHOSE to reunite at this festival. Those of you who are saying Rage is going to take away from the vibe at Coachella are ignorant. And yes, Rage will draw a bigger crowd this year than Radiohead did in 2004. The bands I am looking forward to most OTHER than Rage are Air, Bjork, and VNV. I'm still gonna fuck shit up for Rage, after I'm done listening to the mellow bands of the weekend.

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
And if I see that Rage loves money shirt I will kill the person wearing it

boyalien0
01-22-2007, 07:58 PM

Zack De La Rocha would totally approve of mindlessly killing someone expressing their first amendment rights.

pdrpdr
01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Coachella should be honored that Rage CHOSE to reunite at this festival. Those of you who are saying Rage is going to take away from the vibe at Coachella are ignorant. And yes, Rage will draw a bigger crowd this year than Radiohead did in 2004. The bands I am looking forward to most OTHER than Rage are Air, Bjork, and VNV. I'm still gonna fuck shit up for Rage, after I'm done listening to the mellow bands of the weekend.

Lol, that will be a fantastic weekend... some soft bands earlier (and the awesome RHCP) and finally Rage Against The Machine live again! I cant wait to hear the voice of Zack again and behind them Morello playing as only he knows.

beautyintheory.com
01-22-2007, 08:06 PM
My dream has come tru. After they broke up, couldn't find another rock band to familiarize with, thats why I sticked to Underground Hip Hop, so yeah this event is gonna be crzy as f****

dizfactor
01-22-2007, 08:07 PM

Hit too close to home?

Let's face it, Rage are political poseurs and total pussies. They put their big bad largely inarticulate political rantings out front during the 90s, when the political atmosphere wasn't nearly so heated, but then after 9/11, when the US could have actually used a high-profile band that was willing to speak up about all the heinous shit the Bush administration was doing, where were they? You know, when taking such a bold political stand might have actually been both helpful and risky?

Oh, that's right. They were making apolitical grunge rock ballads about how lonely they were with Chris Cornell.

And now that the war is unpopular and the political tide is turning the other way, surprise surprise, they're boldly choosing to reunite and take a popular stand against an unpopular war. You know, now that they aren't going to risk alienating the mo$hing ma$$e$ of Middle America.

Rage Against the Machine are a bunch of lazy, self-centered pricks who dress up what is basically dumb arena rap-rock with political pretentions, but only when taking a stand is more about pose than actual risk. When their political positions might actually be unpopular, they're conspicuously absent and they keep busy making generic corporate rock. It's a scam and a pose, people.

Christ, at least Fred Durst never pretended to be anything other than a meathead.

HudsonDangerLewis
01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Anyone who pisses about Rage can just go to fucking sleep. Boo fucking hoo, they're better than you.

wmgaretjax
01-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm in the same boat as you

No you are not in the same boat as me. You are an ignorant asshole, I am not.

Although I think anything you had to say became null when you used the term "X-TREME." ha ha.

codytwo
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
I will cry at least once during Rage's set.

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm just gonna keep reading this bulletin every day until Sunday April 30th and let out all my anger in the pit from all these fuckers bagging on Rage...it's gonna be fun

cashew
01-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Hopefully a super amazing band will play during rage's set, so all you rage fans can have one less annoying non-fan in your midst, and I can enjoy another band with a small crowd.

jaysocal
01-22-2007, 08:28 PM

Honestly, I don't think Rage is getting back together for a "FREE NON-CAPITALIST" show at Coachella...could someone at Goldenvoice please confirm that they actually are paying RATM? (I have a feeling they are).

Carlo Von Sexron
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM

So did the Pixies. They bluntly said so. So do %99 of other bands. What's your point? It's going to be amazing either way.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Hit too close to home?

Let's face it, Rage are political poseurs and total pussies. They put their big bad largely inarticulate political rantings out front during the 90s, when the political atmosphere wasn't nearly so heated, but then after 9/11, when the US could have actually used a high-profile band that was willing to speak up about all the heinous shit the Bush administration was doing, where were they? You know, when taking such a bold political stand might have actually been both helpful and risky?

Oh, that's right. They were making apolitical grunge rock ballads about how lonely they were with Chris Cornell.

And now that the war is unpopular and the political tide is turning the other way, surprise surprise, they're boldly choosing to reunite and take a popular stand against an unpopular war. You know, now that they aren't going to risk alienating the mo$hing ma$$e$ of Middle America.

Rage Against the Machine are a bunch of lazy, self-centered pricks who dress up what is basically dumb arena rap-rock with political pretentions, but only when taking a stand is more about pose than actual risk. When their political positions might actually be unpopular, they're conspicuously absent and they keep busy making generic corporate rock. It's a scam and a pose, people.

Christ, at least Fred Durst never pretended to be anything other than a meathead.

Do I have to reiterate that the political drive and inspiration created by rage surpasses any monetary value they would derive in return; even if that had been their original intent? What have you done in your lifetime as amazing as these guys? Oh right, you got to be a whining crybaby cunt on a forum and masturbate to your own sentence structure after pretending you dismantled someones entire perspective on life with your fucking lame quoting and contemptible analysis of a bands existence. Keep shoving your thesaurus up your ass, maybe you'll get lucky and convince someone of something.

scoop49er
01-22-2007, 08:44 PM
i always find it amusing how some kids get on here shouting about sell outs but face it when a band gets big, they sell out........ all over the place with thousands to come see them.. its a way of life. trust me im 36 now and when i was younger i did not want guns and roses to get out of the clubs where it was insane. i didnt want to see metallica get to a huge level i wanted them to stay underground. i never wanted to see nirvana break when they did. i bought their first alubm bleach when it was all heresay and people saying " dude check out this band from seattle!" i was fortunate to find those bands before they broke and i also found rage against the machine. i actually always take a line i heard from what Ice-t said one time at a music conference: he said: the ones who shout sellout stay underground because difference means nothing to them. you have to infiltrate the system to break down the system. trust me rage in their own musical way, has made a difference. and the more people you can get to and reach, the more it matters. trust me rap-rock was a cliche and sadly alot of bands rode the coattails of rage, faith no more, and even the peppers. we ended up with limp biscuit and other bands that didnt sellout, they bought in. we all sellout at some point. its what you do once your in that counts in the end. ok im done with this.... back to loving the music! :)

theodore_weld
01-22-2007, 08:45 PM
So did the Pixies. They bluntly said so. So do %99 of other bands. What's your point? It's going to be amazing either way.

Agreed. Many of the bands that rage haters like are in the same goddamn boat.

Me? oh, I'm as mellow as the next person. Will I be rockin when rage opens their set? Hell yes. Will I be pissed when I see a guy wearing a "Rage loves money" t-shirt. No, I dont care. I just find it ironic because the same person wearing that shirt loves money too. Hypocrite.

And for the Rage haters? it gets old, i guess. I don't like your music, but I respect it, as well as you for atleast having an opinion about music. A lot of older rage fans are like that, nowadays. We have to settle for something in this day and age of lollipop punk and bland overplayed major chords.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 08:46 PM
i always find it amusing how some kids get on here shouting about sell outs but face it when a band gets big, they sell out........ all over the place with thousands to come see them.. its a way of life. trust me im 36 now and when i was younger i did not want guns and roses to get out of the clubs where it was insane. i didnt want to see metallica get to a huge level i wanted them to stay underground. i never wanted to see nirvana break when they did. i bought their first alubm bleach when it was all heresay and people saying " dude check out this band from seattle!" i was fortunate to find those bands before they broke and i also found rage against the machine. i actually always take a line i heard from what Ice-t said one time at a music conference: he said: the ones who shout sellout stay underground because difference means nothing to them. you have to infiltrate the system to break down the system. trust me rage in their own musical way, has made a difference. and the more people you can get to and reach, the more it matters. trust me rap-rock was a cliche and sadly alot of bands rode the coattails of rage, faith no more, and even the peppers. we ended up with limp biscuit and other bands that didnt sellout, they bought in. we all sellout at some point. its what you do once your in that counts in the end. ok im done with this.... back to loving the music! :)

well put buddy. couldn't have said it better myself.

RockStr4Life
01-22-2007, 08:47 PM
amen

Maris
01-22-2007, 08:54 PM
I will cry at least once during Rage's set.

Me too.

thinnerair
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
im coming to see rage with a backpack full of bricks. i cant wait to kickpunch someone in the neck! tough guy party time fo'eva!!!!

sighlent
01-22-2007, 08:58 PM
IF Rage was really trying to get their message to the masses they would be playing free shows across the country... but they're like any other band in America, they wanna get paid. I just think its hysterical that you believe their integrity or ability to change the world is any different than say My Chemical Romance.

Maris
01-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll look for a urine-soaked carcass in the alley. Good luck with your shirt, I hope you don't get yourself steamrolled by some X-TREME fans, bitch.

:rotfl

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 09:01 PM
IF Rage was really trying to get their message to the masses they would be playing free shows across the country... but they're like any other band in America, they wanna get paid. I just think its hysterical that you believe their integrity or ability to change the world is any different than say My Chemical Romance.

And I think you are stupid enough that you can't tell the difference between my chemical romance and RATM.

scoop49er
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
sighlent, u dont have to agree but it is out there how loyal and passionate rage fans are. hey im a huge prince guy. i think he's the greatest live artist ive ever seen. but i know he cant change the world, but his music i grew up on and it did change me into someone who forever loves music. hey to each his own. its all good... sometimes u need a my chemical romance to get to a fugazi or a blink-182 to get to bad brains u know?

sighlent
01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
i actually love rage and have for a really long time... but i think this divine quality that some people deem upon them to be a bit ridiculous.

josephv909
01-22-2007, 09:15 PM
LOL @ this thread.

scoop49er
01-22-2007, 09:16 PM
yeah some get a little too involved and trust me the flags will be waving and the guys who cant handle their beer and get beer bravery will be out in force. for me im gonna find a good spot and enjoy the moment and rock on! good way to end the fest.

scoop49er
01-22-2007, 09:18 PM
hey people love fucking music man! id rather be high on this then some other shit ive taken over years ( trust me the scar over my right eye is enough proof to not mix beer, tequila and some type of pill i took! ) lol

offyerhead
01-22-2007, 09:21 PM
this is the best thread I've read on here! Hilarious!

...but there's no way Rage draw more fans than Radiohead did in 04. No way.

jonhill604
01-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Prepare to eat your words. I'm going there from Vancouver. You should come with me!

Tomasote
01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
truely i grew up with rage blink and sum 41 and as my musical taste began to grow rage was the only that stayed with me

dizfactor
01-22-2007, 09:49 PM
So did the Pixies. They bluntly said so. So do %99 of other bands. What's your point?

The Pixies haven't made a career screaming "FUCK THE MAN!!! CAPITALISM IS TEH EVIL!!1!!"

I don't have any problem whatsoever with people making money. However, I don't really respect people who do it selling a commoditized image of anti-capitalist revolution, or by being such blatant corporate whores while simultaneously demanding to be taken seriously for their anti-corporate political tirades. If they were an apolitical band, or hell, even a political band singing the praises of the free market, more power to them, but don't try to play the outcast rebel in a hairshirt when you're raking in the bucks from CDs they sell at Hot Topic.

Do I have to reiterate that the political drive and inspiration created by rage surpasses any monetary value they would derive in return

You can reiterate it as much as you would like, that doesn't make it true. I don't think RATM has contributed much, if anything, to the political movements they would like to be associated with. I think the number of people who have been had political awakenings listening to Rage Against the Machine is minimal to effectively nonexistent.

i always find it amusing how some kids get on here shouting about sell outs but face it when a band gets big, they sell out........ all over the place with thousands to come see them.. its a way of life.

And I don't have a problem with that, when the act in question is not simultaneously making a big show about how they're not in it for the money, but rather for some high-minded political ideal.

i actually always take a line i heard from what Ice-t said one time at a music conference: he said: the ones who shout sellout stay underground because difference means nothing to them. you have to infiltrate the system to break down the system. trust me rage in their own musical way, has made a difference.

I really don't think they have. At best, they've maybe inspired some mall punks to play their music real loud in their bedrooms and maybe flip off a cop or something. RATM has not transformed the life of anyone with at least two brain cells to rub together.

And I think you are stupid enough that you can't tell the difference between my chemical romance and RATM.

There's no more difference between My Chemical Romance and RATM than there is between Burger King and Taco Bell.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Burger King or Taco Bell. Just don't try to tell me they're some kind of organic health food.

ripclaw337
01-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Fuck it, I don’t care, I am going, and I am bringing my wife, who is caring our unborn child. I am sure I can handle it.

Point is, I've been a fan since 7th grade and RATM rocks regardless of all the fucks that will probably ruin the show, just like the lame moshing rioting punks did in 2000 in LA at the Staples Center during the Democratic National Convention, it still feel confident that is will be a fun show.

At any rate,
Fuck it I hav e my own means of protection mess with my unborn child and get blown... Just so you know!

Kiss*Kiss*

If you dont take action now you'll settle for nothing later!

sighlent
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I just personally think that Immortal Technique has said more when it matters more than RATM

jackstraw94086
01-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I just personally think that Immortal Technique has said more when it matters more than RATM

That is probably the first thing said in this thread that I might agree with.

conzertfreek
01-23-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm glad you think that way, please don't show up and save space for the thousands of devote RATM fans that will take your seat happily.

Jonhill to put it plainly your just trash. You obviously have no clue about what coachella is about. Please do us all a favor and stay home with your punching bag

Renegades
01-23-2007, 12:54 AM
The Pixies haven't made a career screaming "FUCK THE MAN!!! CAPITALISM IS TEH EVIL!!1!!"

I don't have any problem whatsoever with people making money. However, I don't really respect people who do it selling a commoditized image of anti-capitalist revolution, or by being such blatant corporate whores while simultaneously demanding to be taken seriously for their anti-corporate political tirades. If they were an apolitical band, or hell, even a political band singing the praises of the free market, more power to them, but don't try to play the outcast rebel in a hairshirt when you're raking in the bucks from CDs they sell at Hot Topic.

You can reiterate it as much as you would like, that doesn't make it true. I don't think RATM has contributed much, if anything, to the political movements they would like to be associated with. I think the number of people who have been had political awakenings listening to Rage Against the Machine is minimal to effectively nonexistent.

And I don't have a problem with that, when the act in question is not simultaneously making a big show about how they're not in it for the money, but rather for some high-minded political ideal.

I really don't think they have. At best, they've maybe inspired some mall punks to play their music real loud in their bedrooms and maybe flip off a cop or something. RATM has not transformed the life of anyone with at least two brain cells to rub together.

There's no more difference between My Chemical Romance and RATM than there is between Burger King and Taco Bell.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Burger King or Taco Bell. Just don't try to tell me they're some kind of organic health food.
In my opinion Rage Against The Machine fans are very socially aware, intelligent people.

The whole 'fuck the corporate world while being on a major label' argument has been going on since 1992, and the band has explained their reasons. Whatís better, a Mac or a PC? No matter how you answer, someone else will always argue the other.

I donít know how old you are mate, but thereís a lot of people in their mid-20ís who have been inspired by Rage Against The Machine and fucking love them.

Donít ever compare a glam-rock, emo piece of shit band like My Chemical Romance to Rage Against The Machine. Theyíre totally incomparable. Even if you did mean for people to take it lightly.

They're a band that have effected a lot of people's lives - it's the only argument I'm defending here.

matsuolost
01-23-2007, 01:20 AM
here we come

sonofhal
01-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I hear if i don't watch Rage "someone else will take my seat". The mere concept of an all seated Rage show is quite hilarious. Surely it makes moshing near impossible.

Plus, what is a biggot? Is it a cross between a bigot and a ******? Just wondering!

RageAgainstTheMachine
01-23-2007, 01:37 AM

I am a huge Radiohead fan but....this band was one of the, if not the biggest rock bands in the world when they broke up...they have been broken up for 7 years, and now they are getting back together for 1 show....My phone has been ringing off the hook today with people asking me how to get tickets...I guarantee there will be more Rage fans then Radiohead fans in 1994, do you realize how many people in the World...no not just the U.S, the world are coming to see Rage one last time? Dont under estimate the fan base of one of the most powerful rock bands of all time, I love radiohead, but come on this is Rage Against The Machine getting together for 1 last time...

Elazarus
01-23-2007, 04:54 AM

I'm gonna be coming from the UK to see the best and most influential band on the planet!

seanironmaiden
01-23-2007, 05:15 AM
Christ, I pity all you people on this thread who can't appreciate Rage for their talent, music and their message. I'm not even gona get into it.. I just feel sorryor anyone who obviously doens't know what they're talking about

scoop49er
01-23-2007, 05:50 AM
hey i can understand where they are coming from. at first i used to dispise Pearl jam. could never get it. hated them. then i worked concert security for one of thier shows and i saw 20000 people go completely nuts and it was a amazing show. i ended up respecting them becasue they connected with the ones who cared enough to shell out money to see them. thats all that counts in the end. this rage thing is gonna be very interesting.

felix45
01-23-2007, 06:13 AM

wait you're any better?

I see no redeeming values in you either, so it isn't as though you have any more room to talk.

I'm pretty sure coachella will be bought out by almost every rage fan. I know I want some tickets and would have never been interested had it not been for RATM reuniting for this last show. not to mention the lineup of many other awesome DJs and bands, but if there is any 1 reason I'm getting tickets it is RATM.

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Christ, I pity all you people on this thread who can't appreciate Rage for their talent, music and their message. I'm not even gona get into it.. I just feel sorryor anyone who obviously doens't know what they're talking about
Oh the exquisite irony.
The Rage crying may even top the Tool punks from last year.

I pity people who are so sheltered and ignorant as to think RATM was some shining beacon of social awareness (and the idea that RATM fans are more socially sensitive is completely laughable). More of a message than the average band? sure, why not. However, not exactly saints. Read some of the stuff that inspired them. Go actually research the causes they supposedly championed. I dare you people to quote them right now without googling. I grew up listening to RATM. I was in high school, not 4th grade like a bunch of these people were. I remember people trying to articulate that crap. .... uuuh yeah that dude, that pelter dude, .. oh and the mummy guy... they're locked up for some reason... yeah fukk that. bullshit yo.

RATM is good, and they'll put on a great show, but for fukk's sake go easy on the deification. They're just a rock band. RATM is the soundtrack to a high school football locker room 30 minutes before the big game. It's young angst.

chunk
01-23-2007, 07:48 AM
their name is also a bit "on the nose". just like their lyrics.

i also cant wait to laugh at people being told to sing, "F*UCK YOU, I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!"

scoop49er
01-23-2007, 07:55 AM
image is a part of everything and honestly the go-gos wrote our lips are sealed and im sure there is a meesage to that too. lol to each his own that is what makes music such a beautiful passionate thing.

ggaarratt
01-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Rage Against the Machine raised me.

Yeh man im from england and i cant express how much i want going to see rage in april. oh my god this is actually happening.
i agree im taking a sniper rifle to the gig emo's shall die.
if you hate rage... you simply don't listen to their lyrics. i think that once you actually try to understand what they express through their music you wont stop listening to them.
I LOVE RAGE.......

chanoatx
01-23-2007, 08:13 AM
i just browsed through this whole topic. being a fan of all sorts of music..i have been to countless metal..rock, emo, hardcore..metalcore...indie...and god knows what else. and yes i enjoy bands from all those genres. but hands down..RATM still is the most amazing show i have ever been to. I will be coming from austin,tx...just to see them play...and it's totally worth it.

hope to see u all there.

chano

private,eyes
01-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Rage Against Rage Against The Machine?

full on idle
01-23-2007, 08:46 AM
It makes me so mad.

ggaarratt
01-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm not going to go around punching people or throwing my body into people.

yeh damn right you wouldn't have time to really enjoy the show if your in the middle of a pit full of big sweaty men trying their hardest to beat the crap out of each other, and cheering when a song finishes, then starting all over again.
i know because i used to do it but its when you get out of the gig and think who just played??

Verbal138
01-23-2007, 09:10 AM

Ever heard of bands like Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers? RATM has NOTHING on them when it comes to poignant political lyrics.

You knock indie kids but RATM attracts more meathead types who like "rap-metal" than people who actually understand what they're trying to convey.

Personally, I probably check them out for a bit, but I saw them in 95ish at Red Rocks and I have no desire to be stuck in that kind of a crowd again.

Verbal138
01-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh the exquisite irony.
The Rage crying may even top the Tool punks from last year.

I pity people who are so sheltered and ignorant as to think RATM was some shining beacon of social awareness (and the idea that RATM fans are more socially sensitive is completely laughable). More of a message than the average band? sure, why not. However, not exactly saints. Read some of the stuff that inspired them. Go actually research the causes they supposedly championed. I dare you people to quote them right now without googling. I grew up listening to RATM. I was in high school, not 4th grade like a bunch of these people were. I remember people trying to articulate that crap. .... uuuh yeah that dude, that pelter dude, .. oh and the mummy guy... they're locked up for some reason... yeah fukk that. bullshit yo.

RATM is good, and they'll put on a great show, but for fukk's sake go easy on the deification. They're just a rock band. RATM is the soundtrack to a high school football locker room 30 minutes before the big game. It's young angst.

Wow... I think you conveyed my exact opinion of RATM better than I can. lol

Especially the part about their 'fans' trying to explain what they're talking about.

mschirmersf
01-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Rage and Red Hot aren't the mindblowing headliners you would expect at this point in time in Coachella history. They're both pretty bland bands.

Whatever happened to the awesome reunion shows...
The Police? Sugarcubes? Cocteau Twins? Smashing Pumpkins?

Someone on the board has too much testosterone.

offyerhead
01-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Prepare to eat your words. I'm going there from Vancouver. You should come with me!

I thought that 604 put you in the Vancouver area. I'm just clearing away some work-related things so I can go this year. Not a big Rage fan but respectful of their integrity and very curious to see them and see how it affects the atmosphere. I get the feeling they will draw a lot of fans only interested in seeing them and Sunday only tickets will be in demand as a result.

KRINGER
01-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Not sure how many people have actually seen RATM live but they used to put an amazing show back when I was in high school. Saw them back in 1996 on tour for Evil Empire with the Wu-Tang Clan and they ripped up the stage :thu

Anyway can't really say that this comeback show will compare to their shows back in the day but it will certainly entertain. Still can't figure out why Coachella insists on reuniting bands they have been out of their prime for years..

dizfactor
01-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Whatever happened to the awesome reunion shows...
The Police? Sugarcubes? Cocteau Twins? Smashing Pumpkins?

The Police, Cocteaus, or Pumpkins would all be pretty good, but I have zero interest in seeing a Sugarcubes reunion. Bjork's solo work totally pwns Sugarcubes. They aren't even in the same league.

Still can't figure out why Coachella insists on reuniting bands they have been out of their prime for years..

A lot of the bands they've reunited have major historic importance (Stooges, Pixies, etc), and a fair number of them managed to kick quite a bit of ass.

rob_john_rob
01-23-2007, 10:44 AM
ok, seems there are a lot of seperate arguments bouncing around here -

Firstly, whether accepted or not, the majority of 90's "heavy" music was followed by the previously mentioned "meatheads", and even during that time fuelled debate took place as to whether "moshing", "slamming", "crowdsurfing" etc. should be accepted or frowned upon. It isn't exactly new, especially as it was an evolution from thrash which in turn had roots in punk (slayer quote G.B.H. as a big influence and have even covered their songs). Also looking at the other side of the punk spectrum, the Clash had extremely powerful politically driven lyrics which in turn have influenced an endless list of bands, many of which people both protesting against rage and supporting them could either like or dislike, so name dropping them isn't really of any effect; nobody's debating whether they made impact on the political or social world.

Secondly, to say that this isn't what devoted Coachella followers want is fair, but the tool thing kind of proves that you will always need something to bitch about. Look at Glastonbury, no matter how many people bitch about choice of bands or anything else, demand still rises to a point where people will pay near £1000 ($1900?) for a ticket, and i'm confident the same applies here.

Thirdly, is it important to debate on the money issues around the reform? Ok, so rage discuss an idealistic non-capitalist world (ok, so it would seem it only works for cuba), does this mean that they can't earn money? are they really hypocrites for playing the cards they're dealt with? Regardless of whether you want to live in a world with no money - in this world money is earned and needed. surely whether right or left wing or no fucking wing views are expressed in music, the point remains that lyrics are written out of what the lyricist thinks, and how people percieve them is their choice entirely; who's to say that rage wanted to make a political difference as opposed to have a bitch about it and simply get their own viewpoint across? I also find it strange that people are saying that "rage split when the politics got hard/intresting/meaningful/controversial/whatever. Isn't one of rages better known quotes a reitteration of a quote from George Orwells' book 1984 "who controls the past now controls the future, who controls the present now controls the past"? This book is considered well before it's time and has been said to have an "ever greater poignancy in todays political world". surely this would indicate that some of their lyrics still apply, possibly with even more conviction than when they were written? Also, politics is never quiet - if you were to look at world political issues around the time of rages existence, they were pretty much as bad as they are now. because you are told of a war and two towers have fallen, should this take anything away from some of the devastating terrorist attacks and attempts at preventing them that have occured previous to the current war?

I'm honestly not trying to have a rant, I simply question both sides of the argument - the only quote i truely agree with here is the quote regarding selling out as opposed to buying in. Rock out, don't rock out, go to a different stage - whatever... but should this be the defining conversation of what looks like it's going to be an incredible festival?!? It should be remembered that as far as music goes - someone is always conforming to something, even if you like all music you are still conforming to like music... Music is it's own political entity!!!!

Sorry for the long message, this whole argument just confused me! however - i like rage so they get my vote... i hope that doesn't make me "mindless" or a "meathead".

nahzt
01-23-2007, 10:54 AM
My 2 cents.

The last time I listened to a rage album was probably 5 years ago. It was the last one they released, the one with the R A G E in squares on the front. I was 19. I remember thinking how rad it would have been to catch them on tour with I believe it was the Beastie Boys around that time. (may have been their last tour, not sure though) That enthusiasm that I once had for Rage has long since disapaited though. When I saw they were a headliner this year, I pretty much shrugged my shoulders and kept scanning down the list of bands. The apathy is easy to understand too. I am no longer an angst ridden teen who needs to yell "FUCK YOU, I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME" in the shower every morning to make me feel better about my acne riddled face. There are far too many superior rock bands historically and currently to waste any more of my time listening to Rage. They will never be revered as one of musics great rock bands, political or otherwise, period.

summerkid
01-23-2007, 11:00 AM
I have no problem with the bands Tool or Rage. I own Aenima and I own Evil Empire. I like not love both of them, but the thing was when i saw rage on here I was a little concerned about the type of people that will come to this fest only for rage like people did for Tool last year. People who don't care about the festival. I just don't want Rage fans caming all day at the mainstage to boo Air while I'm enjoying them like Tool fans did to Massive Attack last year and frankly after reading this thread there seems to be good reason to be concerned.

wmgaretjax
01-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I have no problem with the bands Tool or Rage. I own Aenima and I own Evil Empire. I like not love both of them, but the thing was when i saw rage on here I was a little concerned about the type of people that will come to this fest only for rage like people did for Tool last year. People who don't care about the festival. I just don't want Rage fans caming all day at the mainstage to boo Air while I'm enjoying them like Tool fans did to Massive Attack last year and frankly after reading this thread there seems to be good reason to be concerned.

you really think air will play the main stage? I figured they'd close the outdoor theater, which makes me sad...

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 11:28 AM
you really think air will play the main stage? I figured they'd close the outdoor theater, which makes me sad...

Air has already played a sunset mainstage set, and probably will again. I don't think it's likely that they'll play immediately before rage.

nahzt
01-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Air has already played a sunset mainstage set, and probably will again. I don't think it's likely that they'll play immediately before rage.

Yeah, I would look for air to probably close out the outdoor theater.

summerkid
01-23-2007, 11:37 AM
why would they be demoted to outdoor theatre after playing the mainstage in 2004 (which is reguarded as the best year) not to mention that the possible bleed over from rage would just ruin an air set.

KRINGER
01-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Air followed by RATM..

serious contrast in style :eek:

sure both sets will be amazing!

viejoasqueroso
01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
someone told me that there was a mosh pit
when morrissey played in coachella
is that true
i think its going to be amazing to hear thousands of voices screaming freedom
unfortunate or fortunate for me since im from mexico
my roots call and iīll be watching manu chao
a la bim a la bam a la bim bom bam

wmgaretjax
01-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I would definately dig Air -> Manu Chao -> Rage

rob_john_rob
01-23-2007, 12:10 PM
ok given that the whole thing could cause some unnecessary heckling towards really good acts - and massive attack's music is amazing and didn't deserve that reaction last year, but should a group with a member that's a twice convicted paedophile even be allowed to grace a stage no matter how good the group are? i'm sure that's not why tool fans didn't like them, but that's why i personally wouldn't want to support them - to me it would be like watching charlie manson had he gotten into the beach boys....

Chillax
01-23-2007, 12:15 PM

Agree.

jonhill604
01-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Jonhill to put it plainly your just trash. You obviously have no clue about what coachella is about. Please do us all a favor and stay home with your punching bag

To miss probably the only reunion of rage to ever happen?
Are you fucking joking me? Dear god have you no idea how many of me there are? You people are fucking in for a surprise, I hope you bring your riot shields.

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 01:30 PM
you got a perty mouth.

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 01:31 PM
To miss probably the only reunion of rage to ever happen?
Are you fucking joking me? Dear god have you no idea how many of me there are? You people are fucking in for a surprise, I hope you bring your riot shields.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that a lot of Rage fans give off such a violent vibe, and talk of their Rage's beliefs, which containt support of EZLN...a non-violent group.

macuna@ucsc.edu
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
ok here's how it is: I'm probably gonna mosh my ass off during Rage's set, and if anyone doesnt like it, then dont stand so close to the pit, you fucking crybaby.

SecretAgentX-9
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Well when you live in America and you get offered 1.5M to play a concert with band members you refused to play with before... you don't wash your Beemers, you buy new ones.

Yeah, dipshit, so how do you explain RATM repeatedly turning down that kind of money over the years?

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, dipshit, so how do you explain RATM repeatedly turning down that kind of money over the years?

Then you can explain why they didn't turn it down this time.

SecretAgentX-9
01-23-2007, 01:41 PM
1) Rage > Tool, by a shit load..
2) I am sooo excited about seeing so many bands, including Regina Spektor, Sonic Youth, and a lot of other stuff that doesn't sound anything like Rage, but if Rage wasn't going, I honestly would not go
3) I know some people aren't excited for RATM's crowd, but how can you expect them not to get really fucking into their music? This is their first show in 7 years! Possibly their final show, who knows? But the fans are gonna make the most of it, so either keep your distance or don't experience the magic.

SecretAgentX-9
01-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Then you can explain why they didn't turn it down this time.

cause possibly they realized how lame Audioslave is and wanted to play a single show once every 7 years. is that alright with you? sorry if they're worth the money, which, by the way, i heard they are donating.

ragingdave
01-23-2007, 01:51 PM
If you don't want to deal with raging ragers raging about rage

Hi!

jonhill604
01-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi!

at a rage concert

ragingdave
01-23-2007, 01:56 PM
at a rage concert

But I won't be at a Rage concert.
So what do I do, Jonny?

dizfactor
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny that a lot of Rage fans give off such a violent vibe, and talk of their Rage's beliefs, which containt support of EZLN...a non-violent group.

They have also supported Sendero Luminoso (Shining Path), an incredibly violent revolutionary group in Peru.

I know some people aren't excited for RATM's crowd, but how can you expect them not to get really fucking into their music?

I can't expect them not to get really fucking into it. I can only wish they were doing it somewhere else.

This is their first show in 7 years!

That's really not that long a time. Some of us are waiting for a Smiths reunion, and they broke up almost 20 years ago. The Stooges broke up like 30 years before their reunion show.

Possibly their final show, who knows?

One can only hope.

Nychek
01-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Awesomeness

I love you man.

Although, to me the best part of coachella is that I get to go absolutely nuts for Rage, and then also get to see bands like interpol and decemberists. AMAZING!

jonhill604
01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Yeah totally, it's like holy christ not only is this a rage reunion, this concert is completely crammed full of bangers. Rage is the cake and the rest is like some really delicious frosting and sprinkles n shit.

RockStr4Life
01-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I was stoked to hear about Smashing Pumpkins and Police getting back together...but Rage tops all that rumored bullshit in my opinion. I can't wait.

Foucault
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't hate RATM. I wouldn't call them great, but just fine. I do, however, have suspicions about RATM fans. Just look at this blog: "I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays." Damn. It wasn't either Tool or even Madonna who ruined Sunday's sets last year: it was the Tool fans who didn't respect any performers other than their own. I'm not a fan of RATM, but I can see their appeal. I wish RATM fans would adopt a similar attitude. And, no, I'm not a fucking hippy either.

theodore_weld
01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't hate RATM. I wouldn't call them great, but just fine. I do, however, have suspicions about RATM fans. Just look at this blog: "I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays." Damn. It wasn't either Tool or even Madonna who ruined Sunday's sets last year: it was the Tool fans who didn't respect any performers other than their own. I'm not a fan of RATM, but I can see their appeal. I wish RATM would adopt a similar attitude. And, no, I'm not a fucking hippy either.

I respect your opinion about RATM, and a lot of "diehard" fans do as well. That kid you qouted is exactly that, a kid. Not all of the rage fans are like that, and in all honesty, it's a small minority of fans.

I know exactly what you mean with Tool fans. I've seen them three times now, and everytime I've had to break up a fight. Sadly, meatheads are everywhere now. Take Metallica fans. I love Metallica, but I've seen how their fanbase acts. I just hope that people don't solidify their stereotype's of rage fans because of a couple "bad apples" on this site. Just like I don't think your a hippy because of your opinions and ideals.

SecretAgentX-9
01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
ewww the Smiths. can you say over rated as balls?

york707
01-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Christ, get bent you fucking trolls.

Who's the troll?

york707
01-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Look at the poll options. Look at the comments. Why, according to RATM fans that are posting on here, is it you have to be raging fucking meathead about RATM and if you're not you are an "emo ***" and deserving of being beaten up. jonHill - is there no possiblity that one can like RATM and respect other people's taste in music and not want to beat people up?

Rage-Slave
01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
i agree that its an odd combination of fans, but i think all you haters need to realize that this isnt just ANY band...they've been gone for 7 years and have just as big of a fan base now as they did when they were still together. nobody EVER thought this would happen. so you're getting rage fans flying in from all over the world, just for this reunion. and at the moment they finally take the stage.......nothing will matter. i'm quite sure thats why theyre last on the last day, not only because its an honor, but so you pussies can go home.

york707
01-23-2007, 03:24 PM

Hell, they may even put them in the Sahara. Or not. Clsoing out the Outdoor theater does seem most likely, even though noise generated by RATM would seem to create an incurable aural conflict.

koalafishmutantbird
01-23-2007, 03:25 PM
i agree that its an odd combination of fans, but i think all you haters need to realize that this isnt just ANY band...they've been gone for 7 years and have just as big of a fan base now as they did when they were still together. nobody EVER thought this would happen. so you're getting rage fans flying in from all over the world, just for this reunion. and at the moment they finally take the stage.......nothing will matter. i'm quite sure thats why theyre last on the last day, not only because its an honor, but so you pussies can go home.

RATM are one of the main reasons I'm going, but please, for the love of god - stop being such a tool.

york707
01-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Ok, so rage discuss an idealistic non-capitalist world (ok, so it would seem it only works for cuba), does this mean that they can't earn money? are they really hypocrites for playing the cards they're dealt with?

If they wanted to make a point about anti-capitalism and be credible about it, they would never charge over $10 for a show and always play all ages shows. Oh wait, Fugazi isn't playing. Rage Against the Machine is.

york707
01-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Also, many fans flew in from around the world to see the Pixies. They didn't threaten to beat Chemical Brothers fans. Peole flew in drom all over the world for Depeche Mode. Same thing.

Additionally, there are more threads and posts from Rage fans dogging on the "haters" than there are acutal threads and posts from "haters". Hmmm. Those Rage fans are just so.... just so.... what's the word I'm looking for... so... FULL OF RAGE.

chrislasf
01-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I am so fucking embarassed. I am literally embarassed to be as large of a Rage fan as I am. You fucking dolts give their fans a bad name.

AdamH
01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Rage sucks!

disgustipated
01-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I am so fucking embarassed. I am literally embarassed to be as large of a Rage fan as I am. You fucking dolts give their fans a bad name.

Same with all the douchebag Tool fans. (excluding myself of course)

Sadly overtime the neanderthols hear the banging of drums and congregate into an orgy of idiocy.

Yablonowitz
01-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Chrissy,

Will you hold my hand during their show? Or at least a pinkie hold?

Jenniehoo
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Rage eats all your anger and it makes them STRONGER!!!

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 04:14 PM

Same with all the douchebag Tool fans. (excluding myself of course)

Sadly overtime the neanderthols hear the banging of drums and congregate into an orgy of idiocy.

seriously, all you ignorant douchebags give rage and tool fans a really bad name, and i'm embarrassed to have something in common with you.

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 04:24 PM
What the idiot Rage fans (and idiot Tool fans for that matter) never seem to understand is that it's not Rage that the haters hate on. It's the idiot fans themselves (which are understood to be a subset of all Rage fans).

The tiniest little "rage sucks" post throws them into a blind rage.

system1
01-23-2007, 04:25 PM
The band has made no statement? That is just such a stupid statement. Good lord.

immaculate dreamz
01-23-2007, 04:28 PM
your all stupid!
if you cant handle the r.a.t.m. pit then stay the fuck out...and sit on the sidelines like all the rest of you did for tool. everyone knows if you go to the front your gonna be swaying and most likely forced into a pit, this will happen any concert. so... if you dont want to do that, then stay toward the back you idiots!

theres no point in arguing about the atmosphere. who fuckin cares...if you dont want the intense atmosphere of being in the front... then dont be in the front u stupid fucks! and lets be honest.... if u go 3 days, by the time r.a.t.m. goes on stage everyone will be too tired. the r.a.t.m. show will only be for an hour or so... so suck it up pussy's!

and to whoever said that r.a.t.m. needs a new bmw( reffering to they sold out and are only doing it for the money) every good band has sold out at one point or another, and we are all responsable cuz we've all bought their records to make them rich. so when u say they sold out or the're just doin it for money.......we contributed to them selling out. and if u were in their position, wouldnt you? the whole point in being in a band is to make money. anyone that says they wouldnt sell out is full of shit!!!! money makes the world go 'round. and all bands, and everyone in general knows that.

to tell you the truth im not a big r.a.t.m. fan..... but, everything i said above is just common sense! so i dont want to see anymore whining on this shit.....

i hope to see alot of people at this event, and also hope that people have a good time and not say that it was not as great because they are whining bitches cuz they didnt get to see r.a.t.m. frontrow cuz there fuckin bitches and are afraid to go home wid a few bruises.

p.l.u.r.

immaculate dreamz

drink a 40 and blaze a sack to it!

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 04:45 PM
immaculate dreamz, even though the way you attempt to get your point across makes you sound like a complete tard, i do agree with you on a couple things.

people should know that a rock show (especially one like rage) is going to get rough up front. unfortunately, there are always idiots i see up front that freak out when the music starts and things get crazy. honestly, what did you think was going to happen up there? if you dont like to mosh or be squished like a sardine, stay to the back, and let the people who do enjoy it, enjoy it without a bunch of crybabies acting like they are about to die. and if you are up front and see one of these crybabies, at least try to help them out and get them outta there before they pass out from a panic attack.

yes, im sorry that people who dont like to mosh dont get the luxury of seeing them up close without having to fear for their lives. but until the band starts doing reserved seating for all their shows like pearl jam, thats just the way it is. bummer for you, thats what you get for liking music with a little edge to it.

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry people above the age of 16 actually "mosh."

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry people above the age of 16 actually "mosh."

i dont mind it. i dont do it much anymore, but i guess since i used to when i was younger, it doesnt bother me when people around me do it. its pretty simple, if you dont like it, stay out of the pit. you can get up close and not mosh, but you still have to deal with being squished, which is just part of everybody wanting to get as close as possible, which is just human nature.

just cuz you dont like it or understand it doesnt mean you have to look down on people who do it. i dont understand how people can really like a rock band and just stand there and bob their head. seems kind of boring to me, but to each his own.

canexplain
01-23-2007, 04:54 PM
i will get major flak from this post, but there should be no women or kids up close for RATM ....if you are, you get what you asked for .... look back at ws99.... cr*** btw, i love rage but that is besides the point

PunkHawk
01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm flying from Jersey because of Rage Against The Machine and only Rage. The show is going to be the highlight of my fucking life. The only thing that could keep me out of the mosh pit is being knocked unconscious.

summerkid
01-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I understand that during Rage things are going to get crazy. I dont think anyone is complaining that they can't be front row center for rage because people will be moshing. I have no problem with others doing it for certain bands (rage is fine because you should expect that to hapen). The problem I do have is if they cause problems during the bands preceeding Rage. That's the issue. I want to see Air and/or Manu Chao it could very easily go Air---> manu--> rage. I don't want stupid rage fans (not all rage fans are stupid, but the stupid ones which there are) booing or complaining about Air or Manu. Like Tool fans did with Massive Attack. Like you said don't go up front and than whine about moshing like a baby. Well dont go to a music festival and campout at the mainstage for rage and than whine when you dont like the band(s) playing before them.

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I understand that during Rage things are going to get crazy. I dont think anyone is complaining that they can't be front row center for rage because people will be moshing. I have no problem with others doing it for certain bands (rage is fine because you should expect that to hapen). The problem I do have is if they cause problems during the bands preceeding Rage. That's the issue. I want to see Air and/or Manu Chao it could very easily go Air---> manu--> rage. I don't want stupid rage fans (not all rage fans are stupid, but the stupid ones which there are) booing or complaining about Air or Manu. Like Tool fans did with Massive Attack. Like you said don't go up front and than whine about moshing like a baby. Well dont go to a music festival and campout at the mainstage for rage and than whine when you dont like the band(s) playing before them.

i completely agree with you and think those fans who disrespect other bands and ruin the experience for other people are total douches, and give the rest of us bad names.

AdamH
01-23-2007, 05:04 PM
if you really like the band so much wouldnt you rather just chill, closely watch them perform (since you will only get to once), and enjoy the music rather than being completely stupid, randomly punching people, and probably ending up injured yourself? i dont understand the concept, seems pretty idiotic to me.

oh and what puts one rage fan above another? you realize this is not a small band we are talking about. its not like you can be like "oh dude you so dont deserve to listen to rage, i am embarrassed to have that in common with you" what the fuck does that mean???!!! hahahaha you realize how stupidly funny you guys sound right?

Ktbfearless
01-23-2007, 05:12 PM
yo honestly who gives a fuck. heres how it is. rage fans dont give a fuck if tool fans or wutever the fuck fans like them. They also dont wanna be analyzed. so stop analyzing it. its gonna be a fuckign kick ass show. im sure there will be some fights some bruises. wutever that happened at mudvayne too. stop being pussies. And the answer to this post isognna be .. oh well it sucks that a few stupid rage fans like that have to ruin it for eveyrbody else. and my asnwer is.. YEAAA!!! FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!! RAGE FOR LIFE!!!!!!! YOUR ALL CRAZY IF YOU DONT AGREE!!!!!! zach is ognna melt your fucking faces off and hoepfully you'll get a few broken bones to show for it... THE RAGE IS RELENTLESS!!!!!

chrislasf
01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
You will be breaking no bones, douchebag. Youll be twiddling your little golf pencil by the frozen lemonade stand.

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 05:21 PM
if you really like the band so much wouldnt you rather just chill, closely watch them perform (since you will only get to once), and enjoy the music rather than being completely stupid, randomly punching people, and probably ending up injured yourself? i dont understand the concept, seems pretty idiotic to me.

oh and what puts one rage fan above another? you realize this is not a small band we are talking about. its not like you can be like "oh dude you so dont deserve to listen to rage, i am embarrassed to have that in common with you" what the fuck does that mean???!!! hahahaha you realize how stupidly funny you guys sound right?

first off, sometimes i do just stand there and watch the band to take it in, but sometimes i like to get into it and jump around and go nuts. sorry if you dont get it. if i were a high energy band like rage and i looked out to see a bunch of people just standing there staring, id be pretty bummed.

secondly, sorry if you cant read, but check it out again. i never said anybody "doesnt deserve to listen to rage". but i did say they give the rest of us (non-meathead) rage fans a bad name, and i am embarrassed to be lumped into a category with total retards who threaten to beat people up cuz they dont like rage. what the hell are you saying, that all fans of any band are exactly alike? read your own posts and check out how "stupidly funny" you sound, shitdick.

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 05:23 PM
See, I think there's a difference between getting into a show moving around etc, and shoving other people around and throwing elbows.

halo928
Why be so ugly? Damn....If you guys don't like them, then go lock yourself in one of those nasty port o potties and let everyone else celebrate what no one thought would ever happen again.....stop crying about it!
=============
"I'm glad you think that way, please don't show up and save space for the thousands of devote RATM fans that will take your seat happily."
=============
Here Here!

AdamH
yo honestly who gives a fuck. heres how it is. rage fans dont give a fuck if tool fans or wutever the fuck fans like them. They also dont wanna be analyzed. so stop analyzing it. its gonna be a fuckign kick ass show. im sure there will be some fights some bruises. wutever that happened at mudvayne too. stop being pussies. And the answer to this post isognna be .. oh well it sucks that a few stupid rage fans like that have to ruin it for eveyrbody else. and my asnwer is.. YEAAA!!! FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!! RAGE FOR LIFE!!!!!!! YOUR ALL CRAZY IF YOU DONT AGREE!!!!!! zach is ognna melt your fucking faces off and hoepfully you'll get a few broken bones to show for it... THE RAGE IS RELENTLESS!!!!!

hahahaha just read what you just wrote man. umm no zach is not going to melt my fucking face off???? does that even mean anything? i would never hope for broken bones. "YEAAA!!! FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!! RAGE FOR LIFE!!!!!!! YOUR ALL CRAZY IF YOU DONT AGREE!!!!!!" umm... you're stupid.

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
hahahaha just read what you just wrote man. umm no zach is not going to melt my fucking face off???? does that even mean anything? i would never hope for broken bones. "YEAAA!!! FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!! RAGE FOR LIFE!!!!!!! YOUR ALL CRAZY IF YOU DONT AGREE!!!!!!" umm... you're stupid.

and you cant understand why i dont like being associated with people like this?

SecretAgentX-9
01-23-2007, 05:28 PM
for the record...

just because Rage is playing this show it definately does not mean they're selling out. we should be grateful to go....

but all arguing aside..

WHO'S PUMPED?

Jenniehoo
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
"ummm...you're stupid."

Iron clad.

AdamH
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
and you cant understand why i dont like being associated with people like this?

sorry... ya i misread what you were trying to say and i understand now. especially after reading that. but in reply to your post before that i never meant anything even remotely close to "all a bands fans are the same"

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 05:32 PM
but all arguing aside..

WHO'S PUMPED?

MEEEE!!

sorry... ya i misread what you were trying to say and i understand now. especially after reading that. but in reply to your post before that i never meant anything even remotely close to "all a bands fans are the same"

ok, well sorry for calling you a shitdick then. ;)

chrislasf
01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I am extremely excited despite the presence of some of these goons. Face enemas are in order.

york707
01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
yes, im sorry that people who dont like to mosh dont get the luxury of seeing them up close without having to fear for their lives.

I don't think a single person who has posted on here is saying what they're saying because they're upset they can't get up close.

york707
01-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Why be so ugly? Damn....If you guys don't like them, then go lock yourself in one of those nasty port o potties and let everyone else celebrate what no one thought would ever happen again.....stop crying about it!

Who's being ugly here?

AdamH
01-23-2007, 05:41 PM
MEEEE!!

ok, well sorry for calling you a shitdick then. ;)

hahahahahaha no worries.

york707
01-23-2007, 05:42 PM
I am also going to go out on a very short limb to say that at least some of these RAGERS FOR LIFE!!!!1!! are aliases of regulars.

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 05:45 PM
get off my limb

AdamH
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
if i liked rage (which i dont), and wanted to see them really badly (which i dont), i would be pissed if a bunch of assholes were pushing me around and hitting me for no reason while i was trying to watch a concert. im sorry, no matter how this is explained it just doesnt make sense. just think about it: getting hurt, while hurting other people, for no apparent reason instead of just watching a show that you will NEVER get to see again (unless zach needs money again sometime). lets all just think about it for a second and realize that it does in fact make no sense at all.

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 05:54 PM
PUSSY!!!!!ZZ**$^o^!!!(>'')>!!!!11!!!<(''<)#!!!!!

PRATFALL
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
ALWAYS HAVE TO DO A QUICK CHECK OF THE HATERS AND AS ALWAYS HATE IS BORING. EVEN MORE BORING THAN HATE IS STUPIDITY WHICH IS HATING ON PRINCIPAL. NOT EVER HAVING SEEN RATM BEFORE. IF U HAVE A SOUL YOU'LL HAVE A GREAT TIME AT RATM SHOW

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 05:58 PM
This thread is about as articulate as a conversation with Hellen Keller.

AdamH
01-23-2007, 05:58 PM
PUSSY!!!!!ZZ**$^o^!!!(>'')>!!!!11!!!<(''<)#!!!!!

this is what i dont get... im a pussy because i would rather watch a show than get beat up? that just doesnt make sense man.

sighlent
01-23-2007, 05:59 PM
I LOVE ALL THESE 1 POST PEOPLE WHO COME HERE AND LEAVE THESE LITTLE TRINKETS OF POOP AS POSTS. MAYBE U SHOULD TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK... IT MAKES IT APPEAR AS IF YOU ARE SHOUTING AND ARE FILLED WITH RAGE.

sighlent
01-23-2007, 05:59 PM
what the fuck does articulant mean?

AdamH
01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
articulate is how you phrase something or how you put your thoughts together and express them in a coherent and educated manner... obviously being tough for some people on this board.

quincent
01-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Thats right, it definately will hamper the whatever the hell you wanna call it atmosphere you think is going to be there. Go away and sit down calmly to a nice Willie Nelson show. Maybe if you're lucky he'll throw out free geriatric slippers and you can all discuss social policy in your hotel rooms afterwards comfortably with a nice cup of orange pekoe. Christ grow a backbone, get out there and rock. Oh wait, you might break it. Screw having fun, let's just avoid breaking a sweat because you don't want to offend people.

I know I'll still be rocking out to RATM looking like a goofball when I'm pushing 60.

whatever, bra...willie nelson's more punk than ratm. you don't deserve to wipe the sweat off his balls.

scoop49er
01-23-2007, 06:37 PM
wilie is a punk old school pot loving amazing artist. he has written some amazing songs about heartaches and other things. great artist..

now to rage ive been in the pit and its intense but ive been fortuante to be with people who understood the rules. fall, pick the guy up and help him out...

the best thing gv can do is put like the roots on before rage. i can already picture people getting fired up and booing the band before rage. i think the roots would be a good compliment and have tured with rage before. id hate to se manu chao or air get booed. no one deserves it unless they suck

york707
01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Did he just call him a piece of women's underwear?

york707
01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Adam, in case you didn't get it, jack's post was a joke.

direwolf092386
01-23-2007, 06:44 PM
yo sighlent... just do us all a favor and stay home this year

Rage-Slave
01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
wtf are you people that say you're rage fans talking about... being embarrassed to be associated with the ratm-fan posters on here? its a freaking message board for shits sake. you got issues if something that minor embarasses you.

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
whatever, bra...willie nelson's more punk than ratm. you don't deserve to wipe the sweat off his balls.

agreed.

wilie is a punk old school pot loving amazing artist. he has written some amazing songs about heartaches and other things. great artist..

now to rage ive been in the pit and its intense but ive been fortuante to be with people who understood the rules. fall, pick the guy up and help him out...

the best thing gv can do is put like the roots on before rage. i can already picture people getting fired up and booing the band before rage. i think the roots would be a good compliment and have tured with rage before. id hate to se manu chao or air get booed. no one deserves it unless they suck

agree with both those points too. contrary to what adam and some people seem to think, the pit is not a bunch of people trying to really hurt each other. sure there's pushin and shovin, but its all in good fun, and if somebody falls, everybody around them goes out of their way to pick them up. the people who are in there throwing punches and elbows are the douchebags who dont know what the fuck is up. and they usually get skooled pretty quick. like i said before, dont be so quick to judge just cuz its not your thing. to each his own...

and the roots would be a great opener to rage.

everlay
01-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I have to agree with jonhill604. sighlen was the aggressor in intital post: Well "I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW." Even tho jonhill uses colorful language and metaphor, I tend to feel that sighlen is the one with hidden aggression and is afraid to let it out. Maybe even begrudges the money left to him by mom and pop.

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I have to agree with jonhill604. sighlen was the aggressor in intital post: Well "I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW." Even tho jonhill uses colorful language and metaphor, I tend to feel that sighlen is the one with hidden aggression and is afraid to let it out. Maybe even begrudges the money left to him by mom and pop.

Freud told me he thinks you want to fukk your mom.

sighlent
01-23-2007, 11:37 PM

or maybe we're both stuck in some sort of double crossback cyclical maelstrom of pseudo trolling...

instinct
01-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm so excited for RAGE.. more than any other band.. I grew up on Rage.. and i was only 13 during Coachella 99.. I never really had the chance to see them.. I still listen to them, and always thought they would put on a great show..

so it's nice that the folks who never got to see them now have the chance..

no if only GV could get Pink Floyd...

everlay
01-24-2007, 12:44 AM
and you can drink this year instinct (legally). have one on me then dude. pink floyd would be the shiit. also procol harem and humble pie. you rock.

everlay
01-24-2007, 12:46 AM
it's not easy coming off as a total hardass on a message board when you have to spell the f word with two k's huh jackstraw?

mrwelly
01-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Im coming from England to see rage! Year of the boomerang

Dogfish
01-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Im coming from England to see rage! Year of the boomerang

I'm also coming over from England to see them, it is rage after all, not some ordinary band, but the band.

rivetbutt
01-24-2007, 04:23 AM
i'm lukewarm on Rage.. when i heard the first album as a teen i was like FUCK YEAH. over time though they didn't evolve much in my opinion. the sounds of their songs all bleed together, and while a few always stick out, the majority of the music i can live without.

i haven't listened to their music in quite a long time, but i'm sure i'll see how things have held up especially for Zach, when they hit the stage.

Dogfish
01-24-2007, 04:35 AM
Have you ever seen them live though, they are pretty awesome, think it's the tempo of the songs, just perfect for festival crowds to go mad to, saw them ten years ago, still my favourite gig.

jackstraw94086
01-24-2007, 07:21 AM
it's not easy coming off as a total hardass on a message board when you have to spell the f word with two k's huh jackstraw?

how the fukk did you know my ass was so hard?

I will not have sex with you. Stop asking.

thinnerair
01-24-2007, 08:20 AM
its funny that rage's biggest fans are meatheads that have no idea of lyrical content, just the whole "yeah! fuck the system. lets break shit!"
I went to a FREE MUMIA benefit (rage, beastieboys,bad religion, gangstarr....great show!)and maybe 10% of the kids there knew that it was even a benefit show, until they showed up and there were picket signs and cops with their familes outside the venue protesting a benefit show for a 'cop killer'

as for their whole "fuck corporations" thing yet being signed to a major. Tom Morello explained in an interview that their label ( i think that it was epic) gave them no creative limitations. they were free to say whatever they wanted, get involved in whatever rallies, events, etc. that they wanted to. they wouldnt be censored, which is important.

typeoserv
01-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I went to a FREE MUMIA benefit (rage, beastieboys,bad religion, gangstarr....great show!)and maybe 10% of the kids there knew that it was even a benefit show, until they showed up and there were picket signs and cops with their familes outside the venue protesting a benefit show for a 'cop killer'

that was one of the single best shows in my life.
and yes, i knew it was a benefit show.

ghettojournalist
01-24-2007, 09:03 AM
the set should hold up well.
the band has been playing rage stuff for a while now and zack made some appearances in l.a. this past year.

soulfly_42
01-24-2007, 09:23 AM

aaand? why do people get in the music biz...not to make a point publicly,not to get people to think for themselves,to stand up for what you believe in, fight for a voice that cant be heard...oh wait zach does that allready...hell we need them now more then ever with all these assjacks running around telling us the same ol sob story of why she broke my heart(EMO IS DUMB NOISE CALLED MUSIC)

thinnerair
01-24-2007, 10:37 AM
hell we need them now more then ever with all these assjacks running around telling us the same ol sob story of why she broke my heart(EMO IS DUMB NOISE CALLED MUSIC)
i take it youre not a beatles fan or a led zeppellin fan or most music for that matter. lyrically, most music is about some assclown getting his heart broken. it happens, only what is considered 'emo' now isn't emo. its pop music. yes there is a difference. no we wont get into it here.

york707
01-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Did RATM send out a myspace bulletin telling all their "friends" that they are supopsed to hate on emo? Why is everything that's not RATM emo? Get some perspective.

Glamour Damaged
01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
"We're not going to "the Rage show." We're going to Coachella, and we're sort of unhappy that Coachella is being invaded by people coming to go to "the Rage show."

Who are you to tell us not to show up at an event we've been supporting for years, and which we will be continuing to support next year when the RATM fans have returned to whacking off and doing bong hits in their parents' basement, bitching about how the Man is holding them down? You are coming to our event. It behooves you not to be an ass."

I COULDNT AGREE MORE :)

ragingdave
01-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Coachella:

http://img.search.com/5/51/300px-Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

KRINGER
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
i actually love rage and have for a really long time... but i think this divine quality that some people deem upon them to be a bit ridiculous.

saw them live in '96, couldn't agree more :thu

smokealotapotamus
01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Ide like one of those Rage hearts $ shirts.

J~$$$
01-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I have seen rage 5 times. I would have to say most of the excitement comes from those that never had the chance to see them before they disbanded. If I had never seen them before I would poopin' my pants with excitement too.

thinnerair
01-24-2007, 02:31 PM
if its cool to poop your pants, then im miles davis.

Jenniehoo
01-24-2007, 02:35 PM
OOH. That is the grossest thing I've ever heard in my life! LET'S GO!

erikstoltz
01-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Wow.
You people need to relax. Bitching and whining to people about what kind of music they like is just sad. Rage is a great band and has influenced a lot of people, can't we just leave it at that and go listen to some great music?

Btw I'm coming from Sweden to see this :)

dizfactor
01-24-2007, 03:36 PM
i never said anybody "doesnt deserve to listen to rage". but i did say they give the rest of us (non-meathead) rage fans a bad name, and i am embarrassed to be lumped into a category with total retards who threaten to beat people up cuz they dont like rage.

You seem like a cool guy, and you probably are. I seriously loathe Rage, and have no respect for them, but you like them and that's your business. I'm also with you on the issue of mosh pits. If you don't want to be in one, don't go up front when a band like RATM is playing, and if you do get into one, be cool, don't throw elbows or fists or high-step or let people get trampled. It's not the fact that there will be a mosh pit that's bothering me, it's the people in the pit.

I'm 31. Back in high school and early college I was a regular in many a mosh pit, but eventually I stopped getting into them and going to live shows with bands like that because it was seeming like all these jocks and macho assholes had just discovered the pit, and didn't understand that it was a community thing, and as such just went in there to work out their aggressions on people who knew what they were doing. Over the years, as the ratio of cool people to meatheads tipped over, the whole thing became kind of repulsive and annoying.

I also really, really love Coachella. I love the mellow, friendly vibe, I love the fact that so many people are genuinely interested in new music and they really know their shit as far as that sort of thing goes. It's really a serious music fan's festival....

... and it's really easy for the mood and the attitude of a place or an event to change if the wrong people come in. Lollapalooza got worse and worse after the first year, because more and more assholes started coming. Lots of clubs and events start out really good and lose that special something, and I don't want Coachella to be one of them.

So, obviously, when I see people coming in here like they own the place, threatening to stomp emo kids* for not liking RATM, I'm concerned and offended. I don't want people like that at Coachella. There are plenty of places assholes can go to kick ass if they want to be assholes. Coachella is special.

* Because, clearly, everyone who doesn't like RATM is an emo kid. Those are the only two categories of people in the world.

full on idle
01-24-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.baylinartists.com/images/stoltz.gif

PotVsKtl
01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
wutever that happened at mudvayne too.

hangthedj112
01-24-2007, 04:04 PM
wutever that happened at mudvayne too.

My thoughts exactly, while they're at it they should get Godsmack, Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Slipknot to play! Then instead of coachella they can call it Mallcore fest.

thinnerair
01-24-2007, 05:15 PM
lets also keep in mind that Rage has already played Coachella and there was no problem. Oh yeah. It was the same year as Tool. Oh and by the way...the only time Coachella got really violent in crazy was when Bjork was playing. Just sayin'

Mudvayne will be playing this year...in my car while my friends and I are in the parking lot beating up the emos and drinking some cold ones.

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Um, excuse me for interrupting, but does anyone know how Rage would be on psychedelics? :) Thank you.

TheNurse
01-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I think that the bigotry and antimosity on both sides in this thread is ridiculous. I'm sure a lot of people regardless of whether they are Rage fans or not can agree that they have had a huge impact on the global concous of the youth today. I personally am a Rage fan, and I hope to get thrashed on Sunday even though I'm sure it is not becoming for a girl to have mass bruises and that is my perogative I do not feel the need to justify it and I see no point in getting judged by it. Everyone just needs to regain their composure!!!!

ellipsis
01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
i read up to page 5... but i think i have the jist.

okay, so here's an interesting perspective:

i am a very big rage against the machine fan. i got into them a few years back, unfortunately after they split. i initially liked them because of my half formed political ideals - i latched onto "fuck you i won't do what you tell me" like every other little 15 year old angry young lad did. but as i got older, my views became a lot more mature, and i began to appreciate more of what rage against the machine are all about.

it's upsetting when otherwise reasonable people attack fans of heavy music. it doesn't make sense. yeah, so you like air and bjork? that's fine. i personally think they're shit. i can't get into them at all. but i won't stand there booing, i won't call you all "emo-fagz" for liking those artists - that's just what you like. i respect them for their artistic integrity. all i expect is that come april 29th, you don't see me wearing a rage against the machine t-shirt and think that i'm some gurning idiot who can't think and just likes beating up other idiots, because i'm not. and a lot of us aren't. us rage against the machine fans, that is.

and i like a wide range of music. i like heavy stuff like RATM, but i like music that is completely different, like zero 7 and the future sound of london. i like to hear classical pieces, i like to hear trip hop, thrash metal, i like every and any style you care to mention! for example, as well as RATM i am also really looking forward to seeing sonic youth.

please do not think i am some complete idiot for loving a band that are heavy and shout. i will be up front on sunday night, i will be moshing even, maybe for a bit. i'm going because i love music, and i love some of the bands playing.

and let's not criticise the band for their politics, yeah? i think it's pretty obvious that they know what they're doing, and i don't think they sold out by their own choice. that's another discussion though...

dbdbdb
01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Rage are pussy rock for idiots who can't think for themselves and like singing along like little sheep.

"We are Rage Against The Machine, we sold our CDs for $20 at Tower Records and we were signed to Sony, but we RAAGGGEE AGAINST THE MACHINE WE ARE RADICAL SO FUCK YOU WE WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL US!!!!"

hahahha I can't believe people actually take such a shitty band so seriously.

Their music sucks
Their lyrics suck
And their very existence is/was a joke!

What do they represent?

The struggle, maaaan!? Rebellion? My ass!!! They were all about making a buck off of suckers like you.

I had the great displeasure of seeing them onstage at the DNC in LA outside of the Staples Center. They actually got the boneheads in the crowd to turn towards the Staples Center and flip off the conventioners...haha that showed them!!!!!!

Rage are LOSERS! And so are their fans.

oscar10
01-24-2007, 08:51 PM
rage against the machine really sucks, take another headline please

dbdbdb
01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Go away and sit down calmly to a nice Willie Nelson show.

Willie is far more radical than Rage could ever be in their wildest dreams, rage just don't have the balls to be as radical and rebellious as Willie Nelson.

Rage sang about raging against the machine, but Willie lived it. If you ignorant kids only knew what the hell you were talking about...

Tylerdurden31
01-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I loved RATM when I was younger. I plan on enjoying them at Coachella. Whatever ideas they have politically are pretty good in my book, but it could easily be a front. You want real political activist musicians...listen to Fugazi, listen to A Silver Mt. Zion. Fugazi (if they ever do another show), charges $5 for every show and sets up their own shit. They write poignant political lyrics that aren't just anger in word form.

A Silver Mt. Zion is probably the most politically and socially concious band I've ever seen. They gave all the money they got from tickets for a show I went to, to a charity. That means something.

Sure, Rage has it's place, but in the social/political standpoint, they're not as high up there as people would believe.

Tylerdurden31
01-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Willie is far more radical than Rage could ever be in their wildest dreams, rage just don't have the balls to be as radical and rebellious as Willie Nelson.

Rage sang about raging against the machine, but Willie lived it. If you ignorant kids only knew what the hell you were talking about...

i read what he said about Willie so long ago I forgot about it. Thanks for bringing up that point.

Willie's been doing Farm Aid every year since it started. That's more than rage has done.

I will say this however. I think Tom Morello is the real political brain in rage. Zach just always seemed angry to me and Tom seemed to be the rational one.

dbdbdb
01-24-2007, 09:04 PM
I loved RATM when I was younger. I plan on enjoying them at Coachella. Whatever ideas they have politically are pretty good in my book, but it could easily be a front. You want real political activist musicians...listen to Fugazi, listen to A Silver Mt. Zion. Fugazi (if they ever do another show), charges $5 for every show and sets up their own shit. They write poignant political lyrics that aren't just anger in word form.

A Silver Mt. Zion is probably the most politically and socially concious band I've ever seen. They gave all the money they got from tickets for a show I went to, to a charity. That means something.

Sure, Rage has it's place, but in the social/political standpoint, they're not as high up there as people would believe.

I've only ever read one Tom Morello interview, and he was complaining about not getting guitar endorsements...he is sooooooo against the machine. Check the archives of guitar player or guitar world, the guy is a joke.

Californicator
01-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I've only ever read one Tom Morello interview, and he was complaining about not getting guitar endorsements...he is sooooooo against the machine. Check the archives of guitar player or guitar world, the guy is a joke.

Can you, or anybody you know play like him? NO. Nobody can imitate that crazy shit he creates. He's a guitar playing wizard, just like Frusciante.

dbdbdb
01-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Can you, or anybody you know play like him? NO. Nobody can imitate that crazy shit he creates. He's a guitar playing wizard, just like Frusciante.

I don't want to play like him. And what does that have to do with him being a greedy opportunist?

mpg502
01-24-2007, 09:15 PM
i've been waiting for a ratm reunion so bad ... i'll see guys there

Tylerdurden31
01-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't want to play like him. And what does that have to do with him being a greedy opportunist?

he's trying to confuse with with non-sequitors

Sexecutioner
01-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I think that the bigotry and antimosity on both sides in this thread is ridiculous. I'm sure a lot of people regardless of whether they are Rage fans or not can agree that they have had a huge impact on the global concous of the youth today. I personally am a Rage fan, and I hope to get thrashed on Sunday even though I'm sure it is not becoming for a girl to have mass bruises and that is my perogative I do not feel the need to justify it and I see no point in getting judged by it. Everyone just needs to regain their composure!!!!

TheNurse sounds like a cool chick! I would let her treat my wounds after a nice rage pit. :)

TakeThePowerBackChicago
01-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I wouldnt miss seeing this Rage reunion for the world!! Coming from chicago for it! And i know that thousands of people are with me, so all you Rage haters should fuck yourselves because you are way outnumbered..

devilray223
01-24-2007, 11:25 PM
its funny that rage's biggest fans are meatheads that have no idea of lyrical content, just the whole "yeah! fuck the system. lets break shit!"

I don't agree when you lump RATM fans into categories or just one category you label as "meatheads." Most RATM fans are socially conscious peoples, activist, and students. These aren't frat guys getting wasted and trashing shit, these aren't limp bizquick or Insane Clown Posse or Korn fans. I've been to a few Rage shows, and the crowds are pretty intense, but aren't stupid. I always enjoyed their free shows, and when we did pay to see a RATM show in LA it was $20 bucks free parking and most of the cash went to charity. I've been to shows where parking alone is $25. The great thing is that nobody buys the sweatshop shirts that are sold outside the venue, and if someone did, they were educated by more than one RATM fan inside the venue.

I will make this trip to coachella, I've wanted to go in the past, and the Depeche Modes and others didn't do it for me, so I never made the trip, RATM is the one important reason for me to go to the show this year, but not only them...Arcade Fire, Bjork, Willie, Manu Chau...and so many more awesome bands.

So please all you RATM haters, like you've said before, you don't have to listen to RATM, you can go and see the other acts on the other stages, but don't lump the RATM fans into one category, or don't get afraid I'm going to MOSH during a nice Bjork set. Everyone can all have a good time, this is Coachella.

jermandubber
01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
i cant believe how ignorant people are.

seriously, talking about where cds are sold? bands make money offa touring, maybe %10 of a cd goes to the band. cds are sold places because of the record company.

rage has a message to send, the message is not 'fuck the man and capitalism'. if you think that, you must also think that history has nothing to do with you. rage tells you to know your history and see the mistakes that were made. rage tells you to try your hardest to make sure those mistakes arent made again.

another message rage sends is how easily people are lead around like little sheep. ya been to a rage concert? ever chanted along with the 'fuck you i wont do what ya tell me!' part? zachs right there speaking the truth, 'now you're undercontrol'.

if rage had never sold out, no one would have heard of them. they would be underground speaking of things people never heard. they signed with a major label to get their sound out, they made comprimises. so what?

some of you were asking where rage was since 9/11... think about it you dips, they broke up due to bad blood, just because america needed to hear their messages doesnt mean they would just forget about that and get back together... not any one of you would either. all that would happen would be a couple of shows and then more bad blood, breaking up, right when the country needed to unite. not to mention, if they got back together, wouldnt you just bitch about them capitalizing over all the turmoil going on at the time?

so what if they get money out of this... they do need to make money to survive in this world, just as anyone else does. would you bitch about a friend getting a job at mc donalds, or would you let him throw money in for some beer on the weekends?

i, among many others, will be at this show, because we've been kicking ourselves for the last 6 or 7 years for missing their last show. this is the second chance ive never gotten. if youre afraid of getting hurt, stick to the sides and the back. there will always be jackasses there whom are set upon hurting people... securities job is to find them and kick them out. everyone else will show some real comraderey and it will be a great time.

just my 2 jumbled cents.

snakecharmer13
01-25-2007, 05:31 AM

dude, your a dumbass bitch

first of all... if you dont like ratm.. dont watch them live. becuase its the energy and music that gets people into the mosh pit... not every rage fan wants to fight, and not every rage fan loves comunism

the only one in that band that really wants communism to reign is Zach. the rest are more into world peace and keeping the ideas of socialism alive.. i mean how the fuck can you insult a band like ratm, or even compare them to MCR..

yea so what if they make money.. every one needs money to fucking live in this world.. and its not like they buy anything with it.. toms pretty much used the same god damn guitar his whole time hes been with rage and audioslave... and they always wear the same cloths.. quit being a bitch man seriously

there a friken amazing band..

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 06:34 AM
I don't agree when you lump RATM fans into categories or just one category you label as "meatheads." Most RATM fans are socially conscious peoples, activist, and students. These aren't frat guys getting wasted and trashing shit, these aren't limp bizquick or Insane Clown Posse or Korn fans. I've been to a few Rage shows, and the crowds are pretty intense, but aren't stupid. I always enjoyed their free shows, and when we did pay to see a RATM show in LA it was $20 bucks free parking and most of the cash went to charity. I've been to shows where parking alone is $25. The great thing is that nobody buys the sweatshop shirts that are sold outside the venue, and if someone did, they were educated by more than one RATM fan inside the venue.

well, im not lumping all rage fans into the meatheads category, but there definetely seems to be a subset of rage fans that are pretty ignorant, just judging by the posts here. dont get me wrong, im a huge rage fan, but that doesnt mean i blindly supoprt them or any of their fans. i just call 'em like i see 'em.

and what shows are you referring to, cuz ive seen them like 4 or 5 times(a couple in LA), and it was never 20 bucks, and i never saw anything like you descibed as far as fans being all educated. seems like their message is lost to a lot of their fans. dont get me wrong, im sure there's also a subset of educated rage fans, but i wonder what the ratio is.

and jermandubber, you sound like know whats up. word.

ellipsis
01-25-2007, 07:21 AM
i cant believe how ignorant people are.

seriously, talking about where cds are sold? bands make money offa touring, maybe %10 of a cd goes to the band. cds are sold places because of the record company.

rage has a message to send, the message is not 'fuck the man and capitalism'. if you think that, you must also think that history has nothing to do with you. rage tells you to know your history and see the mistakes that were made. rage tells you to try your hardest to make sure those mistakes arent made again.

another message rage sends is how easily people are lead around like little sheep. ya been to a rage concert? ever chanted along with the 'fuck you i wont do what ya tell me!' part? zachs right there speaking the truth, 'now you're undercontrol'.

if rage had never sold out, no one would have heard of them. they would be underground speaking of things people never heard. they signed with a major label to get their sound out, they made comprimises. so what?

some of you were asking where rage was since 9/11... think about it you dips, they broke up due to bad blood, just because america needed to hear their messages doesnt mean they would just forget about that and get back together... not any one of you would either. all that would happen would be a couple of shows and then more bad blood, breaking up, right when the country needed to unite. not to mention, if they got back together, wouldnt you just bitch about them capitalizing over all the turmoil going on at the time?

so what if they get money out of this... they do need to make money to survive in this world, just as anyone else does. would you bitch about a friend getting a job at mc donalds, or would you let him throw money in for some beer on the weekends?

i, among many others, will be at this show, because we've been kicking ourselves for the last 6 or 7 years for missing their last show. this is the second chance ive never gotten. if youre afraid of getting hurt, stick to the sides and the back. there will always be jackasses there whom are set upon hurting people... securities job is to find them and kick them out. everyone else will show some real comraderey and it will be a great time.

just my 2 jumbled cents.

exactly how i feel. i think a lot of these people who are insulting rage against the machine and their fans think that they are intelligent, but claerly are no better than the idiots screaming about RATM in this thread

sighlent
01-25-2007, 07:52 AM
dude, your a dumbass bitch

first of all... if you dont like ratm.. dont watch them live. becuase its the energy and music that gets people into the mosh pit... not every rage fan wants to fight, and not every rage fan loves comunism

the only one in that band that really wants communism to reign is Zach. the rest are more into world peace and keeping the ideas of socialism alive.. i mean how the fuck can you insult a band like ratm, or even compare them to MCR..

yea so what if they make money.. every one needs money to fucking live in this world.. and its not like they buy anything with it.. toms pretty much used the same god damn guitar his whole time hes been with rage and audioslave... and they always wear the same cloths.. quit being a bitch man seriously

there a friken amazing band..

seriously, did you not graduate from high school because you thought you'd be conforming to the system? pick up some books on grammar.

you missed the point completely. rage, before they broke up, were very true to themselves, they had their views and stuck to them, they weren't greedy musicians. i was illustrating that coming back to play a show for $1.5M and only to affluent individuals who can afford to see them is not really doing anything more amazing than bands like MCR (I was not compairing them musically or by their talent you dolt).

if they really cared to spread any sort of message they still half believe in, they would do free shows (because they should be well off enough to afford that) or even not cheap shows all over the country and world.

Zack's lyrics are good, but if you want someone who actually speaks revolutionarily and demonstrates a real ability to analyze the world and its problems, listen to Immortal Technique, or maybe not, your brain might not be developed enough to understand all that he is talking about.

J~$$$
01-25-2007, 08:07 AM
I just want to RAGE!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

york707
01-25-2007, 08:24 AM
So please all you RATM haters, like you've said before, you don't have to listen to RATM, you can go and see the other acts on the other stages, but don't lump the RATM fans into one category, or don't get afraid I'm going to MOSH during a nice Bjork set. Everyone can all have a good time, this is Coachella., et al:

This thread was started by a raging rager of a rage fan, in his own words. This thread was not started by "Haters". Just because we don't threaten non-RAtM fans does not mean we are "haters". get over yourselves. And know, we will not be outnumbered.

TheNurse
01-25-2007, 08:27 AM
This is the last time I am going to come to this insipid thread, people lets just chill out and respect bands for their musical integrity. You don't necessarily have to love them or be fans but lets quit the band bashing, their is really no point to it seeing as no one is going to give in or be won over. However I will be raging as much as my body will hold out, and I'll be too busy trating my own wounds, sorry sexecutioner.

snakecharmer13
01-25-2007, 08:31 AM
seriously, did you not graduate from high school because you thought you'd be conforming to the system? pick up some books on grammar.

you missed the point completely. rage, before they broke up, were very true to themselves, they had their views and stuck to them, they weren't greedy musicians. i was illustrating that coming back to play a show for $1.5M and only to affluent individuals who can afford to see them is not really doing anything more amazing than bands like MCR (I was not compairing them musically or by their talent you dolt).

if they really cared to spread any sort of message they still half believe in, they would do free shows (because they should be well off enough to afford that) or even not cheap shows all over the country and world.

Zack's lyrics are good, but if you want someone who actually speaks revolutionarily and demonstrates a real ability to analyze the world and its problems, listen to Immortal Technique, or maybe not, your brain might not be developed enough to understand all that he is talking about.

first off.... i love Immortal Technique... and im in school right now.. and i was typying as fast as i could.. becuase i dont have time to be on this forum.. what im trying to say, is that Rage isnt going to use the money they make for anything that is against what they beleive in... zach wont buy a bmw, and if he does .. i will lose my respect for him. but if what your saying is true, and they make all this money... they will use it for different things to either help out people.. or hopefully go on tour again.. lets just hope

man.. im not starting beef with you.. i understand what your saying man.. but they will stay true to themselves man.. they just have too... and immortal is fucking awsome man..i fuckin love his shit... but im telling you... no matter how much ratm make... they will use the money for good or for band purposes.. there is no way in hell your gonna see a cribs episode on fuckin mtv with zach showing off his bmw's and shit

Rage against the machine is one of the greatest bands ever., and trust me.. when a band like that comes back.. they come back stronger and more powerfull.. and there message will be just as strong..

if they come back and are greedy for money.. then i wont like them anymore .. but untill i find that out.. i still love em

jackstraw94086
01-25-2007, 08:34 AM
This is the last time I am going to come to this insipid thread, people lets just chill out and respect bands for their musical integrity. You don't necessarily have to love them or be fans but lets quit the band bashing, their is really no point to it seeing as no one is going to give in or be won over. However I will be raging as much as my body will hold out, and I'll be too busy trating my own wounds, sorry sexecutioner.

Even thought it's a waste of keystrokes, I believe it bears repeating that this thread is NOT about people's hate of RATM. It's about their idiot fans. Sure there are probably non-idiot fans too..... probably, nobody has any problem with them.

J~$$$
01-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I hate Rage and Rage fans......NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Everyone ends up with sandy Vagine.

The end.

thinnerair
01-25-2007, 08:45 AM
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

J~$$$
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Im going to Rage all day. When people ask me what Im doing "WTF!? does it look like asshole! IM RAGING!

thinnerair
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
amy...rage on psychedelics may not be a good idea.
depends on what youre taking i suppose, but it may be a bit too aggressive.
id stay away from the front of the crowd. they don't have a 'visual' show but the guys are quite energetic. I dont think its a great idea.

thinnerair
01-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Im going to Rage all day. When people ask me what Im doing "WTF!? does it look like asshole! IM RAGING!

RAGE"S SET IS GONNA BE TOTALLY EXTREME!!!!
I HOPE THEIR SET IS SPONSORED BY MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!

york707
01-25-2007, 11:37 AM
zach wont buy a bmw,

DUDE he drives a BMW

jackstraw94086
01-25-2007, 11:38 AM
DUDE he drives a BMW

an EXTREME!!! BMW

ThomThom
01-25-2007, 11:41 AM
DUDE he drives a BMW

I saw him at a skate store opening near Echo Park in LA and he pulled up in a Cadillac Escalade, not sure why I posted this due to the amount of pointless information within my post...oh well.

J~$$$
01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
RAGIN'!!!!!!!!

thinnerair
01-25-2007, 12:00 PM
I hate that he drives a BMW.
I better see him ride a fucking bicycle to Coachella...cuz that would be keepin' it real...and he better be doing tricks. EXTREME fuckin' anti-corporate bike tricks, mannnnn.

ThomThom
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
I hate that he drives a BMW.
I better see him ride a fucking bicycle to Coachella...cuz that would be keepin' it real...and he better be doing tricks. EXTREME fuckin' anti-corporate bike tricks, mannnnn.

I'm sure he can at least do a wheely or something, he just needs his mountain dew thats all.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 12:32 PM

york707
01-25-2007, 12:36 PM
It better be an extreme fuckin wheelie.

out in the green
01-25-2007, 12:45 PM
He drives a BMW and people still think he can "keep it real"? How is that supposed to work?

I didn't know he had a Cadillac too, and I'm not particularly pleased to hear that, either. But then nothing can shock me any more after he's agreed to do this reunion. Just as Sighlent's pointed out, I can't help but feel that this isn't about what they used to stand for back in the 1990s, when they were true to themselves. This reunion seems to be about something entirely different, and I don't like it. It bothers me to no end but I refuse to close my eyes and pretend it's amazing that they are back - to me, it's not. It's the end. Why are they playing? Or, forget about the rest of the band: I want to know why Zack decided to play. And I don't even want to think about what could be next, maybe a "Greatest Hits" CD and a "RATM Live at Coachella" DVD in time for Christmas?

God, I'm disappointed beyond words.

PS. For those of you who still think that he is not that interested in the money he makes, I just wanted to add that, quite apart from the BMW he drives, he lives (or at least used to live) in Los Feliz, one of the most exclusive neighbourhoods in L.A.

And Sighlent: where did you hear about the $1.5M? Is it confirmed?