PDA

View Full Version : Foodchella 2011 Discussion

ghettosteez
04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
VENUE GRUB - COME HUNGRY
Local Restaurants: Fisherman's Market, Las Casuelas La Quinta, Cliffhouse, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Pepper's Thai and Harry's Smoke House will be serving on site.
The Terrace: a new area by the entrance, is now the main food hub in venue and has loads of shade, seating and a DJ. Visit Johnny McGuires Deli
The Cantina: (by the venue lobby near the lockers) has AC and is serving everything from breakfast burritos to chicken & waffles and vegetarian options to bloody mary's from 11am-10pm Fri-Sun.
Food Trucks: such as Kogi, Border Grill, Get Shaved & others will be making an appearance under the white peak tents of the beer garden & VIP area.
Cocktails: Get your cocktail on at the Cantina or Beer Garden mentioned above, both have a full bar for those 21+.

Discuss. What is good? What is not?
What I want to know is wtf Ruth's Chris will be serving at Coachella...

tessalasset
04-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I am very excited for these developments.

M.Romo
04-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Will they be giving out wristbands for the 21+?

aonak89
04-05-2011, 03:03 PM
i believe ruth's chris had steak sandwiches last year

concertgoer
04-05-2011, 03:07 PM
What is the link for the food site?

simplybrian
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Kogi BBQ is life.

ibuprofane
04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Discuss. What is good? What is not?
What I want to know is wtf Ruth's Chris will be serving at Coachella...

I remember them having steak sandwiches, sliders, and a few other things last year.

tinyrainsundrop
04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Please check out what is going on in the Farmerís Market this year!!! If You have any questions please let me know!!!

L'Artisan Valley Baking-- Artisan breads ,croissants, muffins, cookies http://lartisanvbc.com/

The Bean Coffee--Organic Anti-oxidant Coffee, coconut water
http://www.thebeancoffeecompany.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bean-Coffee-Company/

CERTIFIED FARMS
Pudwill Berry Farms-- raspberries,blackberries, blueberries, figs http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pudwil...71464842887790

Doug Powell Farms--transitional produce, apples, fresh orange juice
Farquhar Farms--citrus, avocados, fresh squeezed orange juice
http://www.orangefarmer.com/

Farmers Daughters--acai bowl and veggies

Jaime Farms-- organic produce, salsa, quacamole, fruit aqua fresca, watermelon and Cantaloupe
http://www.jaimefarms.com/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001995279047

Johnnys Garden-- organic produce, pasta sauce, jam/raw olives

Winchester Cheese-- cheese plates goat cheese, raw cheddar,raw honey
Belavado Avocado Oil--avocados, avocado oil, citrus oils

Morning Star Farm-- Green drink, Kale, greens, avocados

Wongs-- Hydroponic tomatoes, cucumbers, raw almonds
Springhill Cheese-- cheese plates, raw goat cheese, raw cheddar, cow cheddar

Old Grove Orange -- organic apple juice, og apples, citrus, honey, avocados
Nicolau Farmstead-- raw goat, possible goat yogurt
Bautista Organic Dates-- organic dates, date shakes
Bautista Creek Farm-- veggies, citrus

sweeney
04-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm nervous about where it says "the Terrace is now the main food hub" in the venue. I like how there is food basically all around the perimeter of the festival, so I never have to walk too far or wait in lines that are too long if I don't want to. The thought of a centralized food area makes me nervous- I don't want to be walking back and forth all day... I wish we had a venue map already.:confused:

krisskross
04-05-2011, 06:42 PM
agreed. it will suck if its a trek back and forth to food. i'd rather not eat that miss something...

Cheddar's Cousin
04-05-2011, 06:45 PM
How much do you eat?

tyles
04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Will there still be the vegan food? Not a vegan, but that's some good eats, and frankly, will not leave you wanting for a porta-potty shortly thereafter.

concertgoer
04-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Hopefully there will still be a few food vendors near the outdoor and across from the sahara this year

artisticcreator
04-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Don't worry! You will have plenty of opportunities to Munch out!

pinkladyam
04-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Kogi is excellent, and definitely worth a visit!

I'm nervous about where it says "the Terrace is now the main food hub" in the venue. I like how there is food basically all around the perimeter of the festival, so I never have to walk too far or wait in lines that are too long if I don't want to. The thought of a centralized food area makes me nervous- I don't want to be walking back and forth all day... I wish we had a venue map already.:confused:

^^I didn't consider this before, I hope it's still spread around the perimeter as well.

veritaserum
04-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Can anyone ID this vendor from last year? I was annihilated off my ass, so I don't remember the name of the place, but I got this GIANT plate of Chinese food for like $8....it had noodles, egg roll, veggies, and an entree too I think. Saved my life on Saturday last year and I still remember it's yummy energy-fueling power fondly :)

Theijuiel
04-06-2011, 11:27 AM
The steak sandwiches from Ruth Chris' were filet mingon sandwiches. $12 each, fucking worth it.

arthurbang
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Last year my wife and I really enjoyed Cowboys and Turbans.. and there better be Cookie Pie!

Where was this info posted? I haven't seen many official announcements this year.

pinkladyam
04-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Last year my wife and I really enjoyed Cowboys and Turbans.. and there better be Cookie Pie!

Where was this info posted? I haven't seen many official announcements this year.

a. What is Cowboys and Turbans? I don't remember seeing that last yr?

b. I second that, where is that announcement?

EDIT: Nevermind on the Cowboys and Turbans...actually ate there last year and didn't pay any attention to the name.

indietron
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Can anyone ID this vendor from last year? I was annihilated off my ass, so I don't remember the name of the place, but I got this GIANT plate of Chinese food for like $8....it had noodles, egg roll, veggies, and an entree too I think. Saved my life on Saturday last year and I still remember it's yummy energy-fueling power fondly :)

Not sure of the name, I think it might just be titled as "Chinese Food" or something generic. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have eaten from this place every single year though. Probably one of the best values imo

arthurbang
04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, after going to Cowboys and Turbans at Coachella last year, my wife and I ended up going to the one in L.A. It's a good mexican/indian food combo, and the tiki masala burrito was fairly inexpensive for festival food.

stepup2stepout
04-06-2011, 12:53 PM
The steak sandwiches from Ruth Chris' were filet mingon sandwiches. $12 each, fucking worth it.

Didn't see Ruth Chris last year, I will be looking out for it this year. I'm a steak fiend and love Ruth Chris'.

pinkladyam
04-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah, after going to Cowboys and Turbans at Coachella last year, my wife and I ended up going to the one in L.A. It's a good mexican/indian food combo, and the tiki masala burrito was fairly inexpensive for festival food.

That's exactly what I had..it was excellent! Didn't know they had a location in LA..I have to scout that out.

JustSteve
04-06-2011, 12:56 PM
isn't it next to the el rey?

Rolwolf
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I used to live in LA and had Cowboys and Turbans a couple of times. Really good stuff, and the owner's a cool guy. Glad to hear they might show up at Coachella.

Edit: Yeah, it's connected to El Rey. Nice way to grab food between sets when you see a show there.

DJ Sin
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I am looking forward to Kogi

concertgoer
04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Where is everyone getting the info on the food and drink locations?
There is nothing on the website about it

tessalasset
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Cowboys & Turbans used to be attached to the El Rey but they're gone now. I think they just have one location in Silverlake now.

arthurbang
04-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Yes, we went to the C&T in Silverlake. There was a Groupon for it recently. I wish I would have bought it, because I think it was a pretty good deal.

ghettosteez
04-07-2011, 02:05 PM
The food/drink info was in an email sent out by Coachella/GV.

weeklymix
04-07-2011, 02:09 PM
The falafel and knish people were boss.

Sublime
04-07-2011, 02:59 PM
pink's famous hot dogs! say whaaaaaaaaaat