PDA

View Full Version : buy wristbands off someone for 3rd day?

nickolasvan
04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
im not sure how often this happens but do people ever consider selling their wristband to someone else for the 3rd day? like if they had seen enough the first 2 days or needed to leave could i buy their wristband and use it for the 3rd day?

is this possible? and if so do you think its likely that it could happen? if i could set this up over the internet i would be pretty stoked. if any of you happen to know you wont be able to make it to all the days.

Stickjohn
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Not allowed. You would be buying an altered wristband and probably not be allowed entrance.

TomServo
04-04-2011, 11:32 AM
The passes were all over Craigslist last year, but it's a bad plan, since the passes are NOT transferable after worn, and it would be much more difficult to circumvent the security provided by a fabric wristband with a security RFID.

Bite the bullet and troll the internet for a good price from a legit buyer, and next year, LAYAWAY!

baily
04-04-2011, 11:32 AM
find the most skinny person you can find and see if they can get it off their wrist....bring some bacon grease.

and then see if it'll slip onto your hand....

the likely hood of this working is very very very slim

scandls
04-07-2011, 11:09 AM
being that its cloth this year the solution might just be a clean cut needle and some pink thread and a friend to help you ... not encouraging it but it does kind of suck to pay for 3 days and only go for 2 days I think passes should be experienced to the fullest and if your missing a day should be able to be passed on ... really you pay for 3 days you should get 3 days why is it the consumer stands to loose while the corporate music event banks off if it.. ha.. anyways just my thought

Ogdelta9
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
My cousin wants to go just Friday. I don't think its a good idea to remove a wristband. Its not worth being stuck outside and eating the costs. I predict that a lot of people will try this and fail.

Last year some people got away with it but using vendor wristbands. I met some girls that told me that a vendor was sneaking them in. Last years vendor wristbands were cloth as well. They didn't clip on and were not high tech like the ones this year. They would walk someone in. Take it of one person(once inside), then hand the wristband to another person outside. Shady business. Im sure they made a killing! I saw so many people walking around the festival without wristbands.

As much as I would love to be able to only go a day or two I hope it doesn't work. That would mean that people can do other shady shit that would increase the amount of people in the festival..

oasis4life2002
04-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Cut the band at the bottom and use dental floss to tie it back up. Burn the loose ends of the floss with a lighter. Worked last year

suprefan
04-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Cut the band at the bottom and use dental floss to tie it back up. Burn the loose ends of the floss with a lighter. Worked last year

It wont this time.....

katmadness
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
It's a bummer really. I can't go Sunday and would love to give my wristband to someone who would enjoy it but I guess that's not allowed. Lame.

Bumblebee
04-08-2011, 03:36 PM
I think the "spokes" that holds the pin in place can be bent slightly to make the band removable. Probably has to be done before put it on for the first time.

Monko760
04-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I think the "spokes" that holds the pin in place can be bent slightly to make the band removable. Probably has to be done before put it on for the first time.

You are probably on the right track here.

Or

Maybe if you removed your wristband and then glued a similar thickness piece of metal in place of the old worn out metal, you could have some success as well.

Stickjohn
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPNo_0qoRGZfA-E6ptamsz-xT8-RbKxS4rACSWZQiaKGbpF-GZ

wstsidela
04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/MacGruber-Nude1-425x550.png

IBTL

EmLeaux
04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
find the most skinny person you can find and see if they can get it off their wrist....bring some bacon grease.

and then see if it'll slip onto your hand....

the likely hood of this working is very very very slim

I grew up a few miles outside of Likely Hood. Nice place.