PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Tickets - Need Help Verifying Authenticity!

mz725
04-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Synopsis: Just got 2 free Coachella 'VIP' tix for free from a friend of a friend who's in a band that's performing at Coachella. While everyone else is getting the Coachella wristband 'package', I got 2x Ticketmaster hard copy tix along with 2x RED colored VIP wrist bands (the cheap, paper kind).

Supposedly, I'm to turn these in at the Will Call office to redeem them for the 'REAL' general admission wrist band + separate VIP wrist band. The tickets look authentic (old school Ticketmaster hard tix w/ perforated stub & everything).

Question: Can previous Coachella goers with experience verify this? More specifically, I'm fairly certain the tickets when turned in at Will Call will get us general admission wristbands, but I'm iffy on the red VIP wristbands being able to get us the real 'VIP' wrist bands.

I would HATE for this to turn out to be some stupid, belated April Fools joke. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
there were no paper tickets. there are no hard tix from ticketmaster. period. none. did not make them this year at all.

vip are one wristband. with the chip. only one wristband for whole weekend.

sounds like your friend of a friend is really just some random scam scalper person.

mz725
04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
The tickets state 'TIX XCHANGE FOR WRISTBAND' and were issued by Ticketmaster on March 29. I am to exchange them at will call for the wristbands. Can anyone else shed light on this issue? Would hate it if I showed up and was turned down!

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
aka SCAM

those are fake.

fyi, i work for goldenvoice.

JustSteve
04-03-2011, 04:46 PM
see the post above yours? she works for goldenvoice. your question has been answered.

edit: and she posts faster than i do. damn kids.

TheScenestar
04-03-2011, 04:47 PM
The tickets state 'TIX XCHANGE FOR WRISTBAND' and were issued by Ticketmaster on March 29. I am to exchange them at will call for the wristbands. Can anyone else shed light on this issue? Would hate it if I showed up and was turned down!

You just heard from someone from Goldenvoice (PF) saying that paper tickets were not issued. Sorry you got the wrong info about getting free tickets from your friend. Sounds like an April Fool's joke to me.

mz725
04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
So even if you're a band member you would have directly got the wristband package? :'(

cutterbutter
04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
aka SCAM

those are fake.

fyi, i work for goldenvoice.

You should include this in your sig. Far too many of your posts have been glanced over because people dont know. Or theyre just stupid.

shaggyduck
04-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Pretty elaborate scam/hoax. If you didn't pay for them, I wonder what the incentive to make the fakes would be.

Interested to hear the end of this story....

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 04:51 PM
bands know what they have to do. and that info is not something we publish, it is given to the band tour manager.

TheScenestar
04-03-2011, 04:52 PM
So even if you're a band member you would have directly got the wristband package? :'(

I'm guessing your name would be in Will Call with artists wristbands when you got to Indio if you're an artist, not the way you described it. Sounds WAY too sketchy.

mz725
04-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I already have them in hand. Here's a quick pic. http://www.flickr.com/photos/61352617@N05/5586784157/

gaypalmsprings
04-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Sell them on CL.

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
thanks for another image to add to our "fake ticket" folder. We will be adding pics of these fakes to our tickets page soon.

that is fake. dont know how many times you need to hear it. fake fake fake. we did not make any tickets on ticketmaster stock this year.

Courtney
04-03-2011, 04:58 PM
That fake looks pretty convincing. Scalpers are crafty.

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 05:00 PM
its convincing until you learn we did not use ticketmaster tickets for anything for 2011 coachella.

gaypalmsprings
I'd like to see the backside of the ticket. Are they numbered sequentially?

shaggyduck
... from a friend of a friend who's in a band that's performing at Coachella...

Which band???

mz725
04-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Here's an upload of the backside: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61352617@N05/5587418090/

Dug a little deeper, the friend actually PAID for 2 tix from a person who claims to be going w/ the band, so I really want to confirm the validity -- if it's not too late I think I can still help my friend recover her money she paid.

suprefan
04-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Dani, the scalper is from Vegas. Only vegas has Live Entertainment Tax. I think youre gonna have to look into somebody getting ahold of legit ticketmaster paper stock and getting a machine to print this.

DaftpunkisWhere
04-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Which band???

Skrillex?

Robin
04-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Here's an upload of the backside: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61352617@N05/5587418090/

Dug a little deeper, the friend actually PAID for 2 tix from a person who claims to be going w/ the band, so I really want to confirm the validity -- if it's not too late I think I can still help my friend recover her money she paid.

Kid, do you not know how to read? If you do, then read this thread before posting again asking if it's real.

mz725
04-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Pic of the 2 tix + 2 wristbands, can anyone verify if this is what band members receive this year?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61352617@N05/5587436386/

gaypalmsprings
04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
He's actually helping.

s0nn3
that is fake. dont know how many times you need to hear it. fake fake fake. we did not make any tickets on ticketmaster stock this year.

"It's Mickey Mouse, mate. Spurious. Not genuine. And it's worth... Fuck-all. "

Suffacated
Ouch!

shaggyduck
Pic of the 2 tix + 2 wristbands, can anyone verify if this is what band members receive this year?

Dude, now you are just asking for flames and hate. Like how effin dumb are you. The board moderator already told you they are fake and she works for GV.

STFU

mz725
04-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Woah fellas, calm down. I'm new to this forum, and I guess I'm just in a bit of denial since my friend paid money for these.

Didn't realize she was a board moderator and was just verifying her posts to make sure she did work for Goldenvoice.

Thanks for all the help!

cutterbutter
04-03-2011, 05:18 PM

there were no paper tickets. there are no hard tix from ticketmaster. period. none. did not make them this year at all.

vip are one wristband. with the chip. only one wristband for whole weekend.

sounds like your friend of a friend is really just some random scam scalper person.

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 05:18 PM
no, that is fake. bands were not given anything like that what so ever.

fake

fake

fake

cutterbutter
04-03-2011, 05:19 PM
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

gaypalmsprings
04-03-2011, 05:20 PM
ticketmaster ink is heat sensitive - apply heat to part of the ticket, and does the ink start to disappear?

thedude15
04-03-2011, 05:22 PM
lol it is fake.

The wristbands LOOK SO FAKE.

I will admit the TM ticket could have maybe tricked me (I would have never bought it tho). After all bands most likely have a different system than the general public for getting their tickets. BUT will call for bands would make more sense. Why would you need a ticket for will call (that is what this ticket is). A name/ID should be enough.

PLUS what is the LET there (we are not in vegas).

PF said they were fake (why would PF lie?).

juloxx
04-03-2011, 05:25 PM
If ever a thread called for a picture of someone facepalming, this is that thread

Courtney
04-03-2011, 05:26 PM
its convincing until you learn we did not use ticketmaster tickets for anything for 2011 coachella.

Ha, yes.

And the wristbands look WAYYYY fake.

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 05:29 PM
OP please email info@coachella.com with your contact info and links to those pics.

thanks

Stickjohn
04-03-2011, 05:57 PM
We're a bunch of Coachella nerds on here. I could easily see someone getting taken by those. It's not really scalping either; it's outright fraud.

psycobetabuckdown
04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Pshhh, doors at 12pm? Puhhlease.

suprefan
04-03-2011, 05:59 PM
lol it is fake.

The wristbands LOOK SO FAKE.

I will admit the TM ticket could have maybe tricked me (I would have never bought it tho). After all bands most likely have a different system than the general public for getting their tickets. BUT will call for bands would make more sense. Why would you need a ticket for will call (that is what this ticket is). A name/ID should be enough.

PLUS what is the LET there (we are not in vegas).

PF said they were fake (why would PF lie?).

So you are quoting everything we have already said, good work.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Ha, yes.

And the wristbands look WAYYYY fake.

Well, they just look generic more than anything else. If you've never been to coachella, i guess you wouldn't know any better. They look like the kind of bands you'd get at a fancy club when you get bottle service.

thedude15
04-03-2011, 06:11 PM
We're a bunch of Coachella nerds on here. I could easily see someone getting taken by those. It's not really scalping either; it's outright fraud.

say what you will about scalping but at least it is legal and both parties win.

In the case of fraud only one party wins.

thedude15
04-03-2011, 06:12 PM

that is what I do best

Courtney
04-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Well, they just look generic more than anything else. If you've never been to coachella, i guess you wouldn't know any better. They look like the kind of bands you'd get at a fancy club when you get bottle service.

I guess that's a good point. The wristbands just look like the kind you can buy in any party store for $5 per box. To me, that means fake. But yeah.

guedita
04-03-2011, 07:04 PM
This is hilarious.

guedita
04-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I like that the tickets say "DRS 12 PM"

Stickjohn
04-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I can never get that right.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-03-2011, 07:20 PM
So...is this thread real?

gaypalmsprings
04-03-2011, 07:49 PM
The doors open has been used before....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2345/2253690364_bcccd6a563.jpg

http://www.madonnalicious.com/images/extra/2006/coachella_ticket_news.jpg

liquidray
04-03-2011, 08:18 PM
@psychic friend:

SO to follow up - I fucked up this year and was on a business trip and missed buying tix for the first time since 1999 (yup been to ALL of the coachellas)

I now have to buy from a third party.
I get that there were no paper tix.

Is there a way to validate that the wrist bands are authentic?
I get that they should be pinkish etc... anything else?

TY

Antoine3323
04-03-2011, 08:55 PM

Those wristbands look like something they slap on your slip at a low-end club

psychic friend
04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
@psychic friend:

Is there a way to validate that the wrist bands are authentic?

as you are entering the festival and pass through the scanner thingies, that is when you will find out.

grenade
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
So You're Saying There's a Chance??!!?!
http://www.zuguide.com/image/Jim-Carrey-Dumb-and-Dumber.17.jpg

mrdude5699
04-03-2011, 09:44 PM

This made me laugh. Thank you.

BeaverCat
04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
liquidray, please post a picture of yourself so I can be on the lookout for when you get denied access. The look on your face will be better than a box of kittens.

thedude15
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
as you are entering the festival and pass through the scanner thingies, that is when you will find out.

It is going to be tough this year.

A theoretically situation

Person A orders 4 wristbands. They sent to that person house. Person A calls band merch says they will have already left for Coachella by the time the package is set to arrive. Band merch cancels the 4 wristbands and changes the order to will call. Person A has not left for Coachella waits for the deactivated wristbands to arrive. Person A sell the wristbands (which ARE real with the exception that they were deactivated) for 400 (cash only) a piece on criaglist. Person A makes 1600 and the craiglist buyers are screwed.

In short I would ONLY by from a VERY trusted friend, stub hub, or as a last resort ebay.

I prefer stub hub
a.) You will get your $$$ back if they are fake
b.) Most importantly the seller has no reason to sell you a fake wristband. They HAVE ZERO chance to get away with it.

Cause even if you get your money back after buying a fake you are still screwed. You still spent the time and money to get to Coachella and now you can not go.

Caifan
04-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Fake

Fake

Fake

Fake

Fake

Caifan
04-03-2011, 11:49 PM
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKEFAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

frizzlefry
04-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I can actually envision PF acting out his/her avatar thanks to threads like this.

Suffacated
04-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Person A will burn in hell.
Person A sold deactivated wristbands .
Person A deserves to burn in hell.

dancefreak
04-04-2011, 06:38 AM
As soon as it's decided to go Will Call, wouldn't any cancelled wristbands be rerouted back to sender?

EmLeaux
04-04-2011, 06:55 AM

God almighty - you read my mind. Glad someone posted this.

They look like the kind of bands you'd get at a fancy club when you get bottle service.

That, or something you could easily pick up at Party City (http://www.partycity.com/product/red+plastic+wristbands+250ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&size=all&from=Search&navSet=wristbands).

PlayaDelWes
04-04-2011, 07:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iE3uB6YBQdY/SXOTC7CJFZI/AAAAAAAAKEQ/0BOh1TiZs-8/s400/victoria_beckham_breast_implants.jpg

mmsk123
04-04-2011, 07:35 AM
The wristbands look horrendous and absolutely fake, but damn if the ticket is not a dead ringer for a legit ticketmaster ticket.

BeaverCat
04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iE3uB6YBQdY/SXOTC7CJFZI/AAAAAAAAKEQ/0BOh1TiZs-8/s400/victoria_beckham_breast_implants.jpg

Why do women do this to themselves?..

fatbastard
04-04-2011, 07:42 AM
**** pong with an idiot.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-04-2011, 07:52 AM

For me.

M Sparks
04-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Synopsis: Just got 2 free Coachella 'VIP' tix for free from a friend of a friend who's in a band that's performing at Coachella. While everyone else is getting the Coachella wristband 'package', I got 2x Ticketmaster hard copy tix along with 2x RED colored VIP wrist bands (the cheap, paper kind).

Supposedly, I'm to turn these in at the Will Call office to redeem them for the 'REAL' general admission wrist band + separate VIP wrist band. The tickets look authentic (old school Ticketmaster hard tix w/ perforated stub & everything).

Question: Can previous Coachella goers with experience verify this? More specifically, I'm fairly certain the tickets when turned in at Will Call will get us general admission wristbands, but I'm iffy on the red VIP wristbands being able to get us the real 'VIP' wrist bands.

I would HATE for this to turn out to be some stupid, belated April Fools joke. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

I already have them in hand. Here's a quick pic. http://www.flickr.com/photos/61352617@N05/5586784157/

It only took 34 minutes to go from "Poor guy got duped" to everyone wanting to shank you. Why ask a question if you are just going to ignore the answer?

baily
04-04-2011, 09:09 AM
I bought tickets in an alley from a hobo who said he was going to Coachella, but didn't have a ride so I bought mine off of him are they real...

It's written on a McDonalds Cheesburger wrapper...'God For 1 Tiket 2 Cochela'

since when did GV hook up with McDonalds? Will there be toys for the kids?

scam?

BeaverCat
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
I want McDonalds Toys! Anyone remember:

E7yRfbgj7SY

*sorry off topic :D

Harrisment
04-04-2011, 01:56 PM
5hfYJsQAhl0

wstsidela
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Drrrrrrrs

thetello
04-04-2011, 02:26 PM
i'm a huge fan of The Drs.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I bought tickets in an alley from a hobo who said he was going to Coachella, but didn't have a ride so I bought mine off of him are they real...

scam?

It's fake...Note the misspelling of "thickets". Do you want to camp?

GeminiDC
04-04-2011, 02:41 PM

E7yRfbgj7SY

I had the Mario one. My brother had the luigi one...it sucked.

tessalasset
04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
This is maybe the best thread I've read all day.

BeeII
04-04-2011, 03:08 PM

are you trying to be cute?

i think it's a legitimate concern for lots of people looking for tickets on the secondary market.

faxman75
04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
No, she's being serious. That's where the scanning will take place.

guedita
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM

i think it's a legitimate concern for lots of people looking for tickets on the secondary market.

Uh, the coachella message board officially states "NO SCALPING." Why the fuck should Dani have to seriously answer questions that are relevant to people buying scalped tickets on the second market? Those people are choosing to take a risk.

M.Romo
04-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Should have bought your ticket when they first went on sale

loubque
04-04-2011, 03:32 PM

Basically she is trying to say it's best not to attempt because you will only find out whether or not they are good once you are in. It would suck to buy tickets only to be turned away. So it's best to not buy tickets from a friend or friend of a friend or cousin third tome removed.

psycobetabuckdown
04-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Let's have this conversation instead!

psychic friend
04-04-2011, 05:06 PM

The answer i gave is the only real correct answer. I am not "trying" to be cute. I am cute naturally. Sorry if the real info is not what you want to hear. You buy from a scalper, you take a risk. There is no "pre" authorization place to check. sheesh.

Mak Attack
04-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Someone get PF a raise!

baily
04-04-2011, 09:25 PM
The answer i gave is the only real correct answer. I am not "trying" to be cute. I am cute naturally. Sorry if the real info is not what you want to hear. You buy from a scalper, you take a risk. There is no "pre" authorization place to check. sheesh.

At least they now know ahead of time that they are fake rather than getting a hotel,flights and the rest only to be turned away at the festival entrance.

frizzlefry
04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't think any of this thread is actually sinking in though.

Bumblebee
04-05-2011, 12:55 PM

The 5 in "April 15th" doesn't look right at all.

It's known that blank TM tickets do slip out into the public.

Doesn't say GV anywhere on the front of the fake ticket.

bigjerm23
04-05-2011, 01:56 PM

This may have already been commented on but in your picture it says that the doors open at 12 PM...they open at 11 AM!!! Blatant SCAM. Are you 75 years old and wearing diapers due to your senility?

M.Romo
04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Let's have this conversation instead!

People should have known the festival was going to sell out, luckily I bought mine the Tuesday before it sold out

bigjerm23
04-05-2011, 02:05 PM

WOW!!! Nice wristbands...those look so fake it is ridiculous. I ordered VIP tickets and the wristbands are yellow and cloth...just like all the posts say about the wristbands.

BeeII
04-05-2011, 02:06 PM

Which is what I did, and I agree, but there's people out there that don't know that each wristband has a unique identifier, that can be blacklisted.

I'm just imaging the HUGE clusterfuck at people showing up, wristband on, being turned away b/c they bought a blacklisted wristband.

BeeII
04-05-2011, 02:07 PM

humble as well apparently.

psychic friend
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
im not cool enough to put dorky website link in every post though

BeeII
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
im not cool enough to put dorky website link in every post though

clearly

Lithium
04-05-2011, 02:45 PM

YESSS

SoccerRyot
04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
...I'm just imaging the HUGE clusterfuck at people showing up, wristband on, being turned away b/c they bought a blacklisted wristband.

This was my thought, too, reading this thread. I feel for these folks and we aren't even at the festival yet. Not to mention, if someone, in good faith, unknowingly sold a wristband that is deactivated...? Oh, man.

Porkchop
04-05-2011, 08:25 PM
HAHAHA I swear I saw those exact same VIP wristbands at party city the other day haha wow

tessalasset
04-06-2011, 12:52 AM
This may have already been commented on but in your picture it says that the doors open at 12 PM...they open at 11 AM!!! Blatant SCAM. Are you 75 years old and wearing diapers due to your senility?

Yes! What this guy said. See how the door time is wrong? That's how you know these are fake tickets and not real tickets!!!

BROKENDOLL
04-06-2011, 01:30 AM
That fake looks pretty convincing. Scalpers are crafty.
That fake looks more real than the ones we paid for, and are still waiting on from layaway...just sayin'.

frizzlefry
04-06-2011, 01:33 AM

E7yRfbgj7SY

I still have Luigi chilling on the cloud!

choice cat
04-06-2011, 01:48 AM
So I have a little scenario. My friend who got her coachella tickets last year from her cousins friend are also going to get their 2011 wristbands from the same person. They bought multiple tickets from this person last year and all got in fine. This year however, the same seller (now having wristbands) is making them wait until this Thursday because supposedly that was the earliest they would have the wristbands.

This was waving a big red flag to me. Supposedly this guy (or his further connections) work for tm/ln/gv i'm not really sure, but it still seems sketchy to me, mostly everyone in southern california has their wristbands now right? And if said person did have some connection of that sort wouldn't you think they would get their passes EARLIER? but do any of you have any knowledge as to how/why this could make sense if this person does indeed have a connection of that sort? I'm just trying to help my friend not get burned here.

BROKENDOLL
04-06-2011, 02:02 AM
ticketmaster ink is heat sensitive - apply heat to part of the ticket, and does the ink start to disappear?
OMG! I wanted to save my ticket from my first coachella in 2004, and from carrying it around all day/night it had afew wrinkles and creases. So, like a stupid ass, I went and ironed the ticket before putting it in my photo album, and well...I'll have to dig up the picture and show you...

If you want to see some fabulous work as far as hearing the same thing over and over again, go to the GOT PASSES thread. It's like a friggin' symphony!

If there are assholes knowingly selling deactivated bands, and there are ignorant and unimformed people buying them for exuberant prices, this can't possibly turn out well when showtime finally rolls around.

Yes, these are fake also. BUT... I bet they'd get her in...:puke

I'm not sure, but this pic reminded me I ordered Poi Balls off the internet

scam?
A better question would be, "When did Lotus start working for McDonalds?"

DJ Sin
04-06-2011, 06:42 AM
this thread should be a drinking game.
Take a drink every time someone says FAKE

BeaverCat
04-06-2011, 06:50 AM
We would all die from alcohol poisoning in a matter of hours.

djcosine
04-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Dude, now you are just asking for flames and hate. Like how effin dumb are you. The board moderator already told you they are fake and she works for GV.

STFU

Necessary?

This person just had precious stones fall out of the sky into his/her hands. The tix are fake. But I can understand her irrational persistence. Who wants to believe they're actually hold on to airplane poop?

Good luck getting your money back.

If it's to good to be true, it probably isn't.

kcreag
04-08-2011, 02:33 PM

scam?

^^^ amazing.

kcreag
04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
@thechoicecat: Hard to say........ 3rd party purchases really are rolling the dice.