PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if a wristband is authentic

kauschovar
04-02-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to tell if a wristband is authentic? I'm meeting someone from Craigslist tomorrow to buy a couple tickets, and I'd like to know what to look for.

My only plan so far is to ask for ID so I can write down her driver's license number to have something to turn in to authorities if she scams me. I figure if she is scamming me, she will balk at that proposal. Is there anything else I can do to reduce my risk?

natalie_renee_09
04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
DONT DO IT TRUST ME! NO TICKETS WERE SOLD ONLY WRISTBANDS

kauschovar
04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Sorry, I meant wristbands. I wrote wristbands in the title but mistyped it as tickets in the body.

psycobetabuckdown
04-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Write down her name, height, hair color and city she's from too maybe. If she's an organ donor from Hawaii all bets are off.

Also go to that thread with pictures of the passes, print out a photo and take it with you to the meet. This is serious business.

gaypalmsprings
04-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Trust your instincts. You sound uncomfortable. Don't do it.

sonabun
04-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I would ask for a copy of the receipt (either ticketmaster or layaway) that match her ID and maybe a copy of the UPS confirmation showing that it was signed for. I had a pass that had to be replaced because UPS just left it on my front door at my work on a Friday night and it wasn't there on Monday and I never received an email confirmation til I emailed them. So they are replacing the pass but someone will have an authentic looking wristband with all the goods that they might try to sell but the RFID chip will be deactivated on it so it won't work at the festival.

CoachellaRides
04-03-2011, 09:42 AM
If they let you in, it's authentic... If they don't, it's not.

Sorry couldn't resist.

thewoodenman
04-03-2011, 09:47 AM
obvious tip: make sure the rfid chip is on the wristband too, it looks like it could slide off. other than that just get her info, sounds like you got it covered. can understand your hesitation, but it's worth at least checking out.

stepup2stepout
04-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Cut the RFID tag in half, if green ooze drips from it it's legit.

kauschovar
04-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for all the tips. I took your advice about checking out the photos on the "Passes CAME!!!!" thread. Which part is the RFID chip? It must be the blue piece.

I would ask for a copy of the receipt (either ticketmaster or layaway) that match her ID and maybe a copy of the UPS confirmation showing that it was signed for. I had a pass that had to be replaced because UPS just left it on my front door at my work on a Friday night and it wasn't there on Monday and I never received an email confirmation til I emailed them. So they are replacing the pass but someone will have an authentic looking wristband with all the goods that they might try to sell but the RFID chip will be deactivated on it so it won't work at the festival.

Thanks, I had overlooked that scenario. I'll make sure to do that.

choice cat
04-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Usually if people get angry or act irritated when you are asking them simple questions or requests thats a bad sign. Always run away from that.

gaypalmsprings
04-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Make sure it has an electronical part.

shoegazer76
04-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Two very useful rules.
Let the buyer beware.
If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

BeeII
04-04-2011, 01:27 AM
if they are blacklisting misshipped, stolen, etc passes, it seems like there's going to be a lot of irate ppl at the gate friday.

Suffacated
04-04-2011, 01:33 AM
if they are blacklisting misshipped, stolen, etc passes, it seems like there's going to be a lot of irate ppl at the gate friday.

Irate people? Why? Because they got caught with deactivated wrist bands?

BeeII
04-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Irate people? Why? Because they got caught with deactivated wrist bands?most aren't hip to this idea that GV can blacklist a band and render it useless.

Suffacated
04-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Interesting stuff on our wrist bands.

http://www.frontgatesolutions.com/index.php?content=solutions

http://frontgatetickets.blogspot.com/

Stickjohn
04-04-2011, 09:34 AM
How do you know the wristbands are from Frontgate?

tessalasset
04-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Well we know they were selling the layaway wristbands, right?

Courtney
04-04-2011, 12:23 PM
If she's an organ donor from Hawaii all bets are off.

HEY!

Stickjohn
04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
check out http://www.intellitix.com/newsite/

I looked at the Frontgate links - there's a small mention of doing layaway for Coachella but no mention of the festival using their new wristbands. I think they would be bragging? Or maybe confidentiality clause ...or they are somehow linked up with intellitix? pure speculation on my part!